The Harvest Challenge Returns!

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Take the Harvest Challenge

Fall has come to the world of Albion - and the Harvest Challenge is back! For the entire month of October, earn Challenge Points to collect limited-time rewards.

Get all the details here: albiononline.com/en/news/harvest-challenge-returns
      "Challenge Points to collect limited-time rewards" Limited time rewards my ass you mean limited reused rewards.
    • Realistically I think its a drain in resources to just keep pumping out new mounts every month. Imagine how that could even affect game load and all if we keep getting new textures for every mount. So you go onto a map where there's 200 players around and they all have some unique mount and vanity skin, your computer has to load all these skins and ability data ect.

Its more feasible to reuse some of whats already been created. The mounts will still have a good value because they are limited in quantity but people will be willing to risk them in the open world more since they will eventually come back at a reasonable price.

Also when they released a second skin as the monthly reward, I don't think they were ignoring the community, I believe they had already made the skin before hand so they stuck with their plan.

I imagine too that we might one day see some of the seasonal battle mounts come back.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

Realistically I think its a drain in resources to just keep pumping out new mounts every month. Imagine how that could even affect game load and all if we keep getting new textures for every mount. So you go onto a map where there's 200 players around and they all have some unique mount and vanity skin, your computer has to load all these skins and ability data ect.

Its more feasible to reuse some of whats already been created. The mounts will still have a good value because they are limited in quantity but people will be willing to risk them in the open world more since they will eventually come back at a reasonable price.

Also when they released a second skin as the monthly reward, I don't think they were ignoring the community, I believe they had already made the skin before hand so they stuck with their plan.

I imagine too that we might one day see some of the seasonal battle mounts come back
      I am fine with them reusing them, My point is don't call them limited-time rewards then reuse them. They could tell us they plan to reuse them then things like this doesnt happen. You are correct I would rather see them being used then kept away and only used sometimes but there is a right and wrong way to go about things and they went about it the wrong way.
    • Neef wrote:

I am fine with them reusing them, My point is don't call them limited-time rewards then reuse them. They could tell us they plan to reuse them then things like this doesnt happen. You are correct I would rather see them being used then kept away and only used sometimes but there is a right and wrong way to go about things and they went about it the wrong way.
      I agree. When the monthly mounts first came out my assumption was, "Oh I see so they are going to just do this seasonal thing where these mounts come out each month then next year we will probably see them again." But then their was the post showing off "retired / limited edition" items and so I was under the assumption that they wouldn't be coming back after all.

It makes it hard for people to properly assess value and invest in these mounts and skins when there is that confusion or unknown information.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

Neef wrote:

I agree. When the monthly mounts first came out my assumption was, "Oh I see so they are going to just do this seasonal thing where these mounts come out each month then next year we will probably see them again." But then their was the post showing off "retired / limited edition" items and so I was under the assumption that they wouldn't be coming back after all.
      It makes it hard for people to properly assess value and invest in these mounts and skins when there is that confusion or unknown information.
      Right and thats my point its like when a car company says Hey we are making a limited number of theses cars get them while you can then next year they do the same car for the same month people would not be happy. All im saying is information is king and if the devs planned on reusing them thats fine just tell us so we know not to collect them and just use them. So again DEVS what mounts can we collect and which are not safe to collect. Also they could have just changed the blink to something else but left the skin the same therfor the old bat would still be "rare" or "limited"

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

• Frostwych wrote:

that's why they are collectable and worth anything... pift,,,, they can take the time and make small changes, even something as simple as a color change to make the original still worthwhile to have for collectors.
      I don't think they ever promised anybody that these mounts would never come back... You shouldn't expect stuff that was never promised.
      There are some very rare mounts in the game that haven't been awarded anymore, but the spectral bat isn't one of them. Simple as that.
    • I have 50 bats that have lost 3/4 of their value, but no problem, I have my investments/collection very diversified and I already know that in challenge mounts I should not do it. But for new players and not with a lot of silver it's sad. Many have gradually bought 1 of each of these old mounts. They lost their money and the new rewards of future challenges we already know how little they will be worth

There were many other ways to bring them back, with intelligence (scarce) and without causing a big impact on economy. It seems that they want to make this game work only based on blows, not logical and progressive changes and rebalancing.
    • Imagine being such a fucking child that you complain about unique, active skill mounts with unique l models and stats being available once a year. Speculating on skins and vanity is one thing, but crying about mounts that developers spent time to create and balance as fun, rideable assets that aren't skins? Fuck right off lmao.

Love seeing speculators get burned hard. Hopefully you offload all the mounts you stacked in your chest after buying out and hoarding them during the challenge. These aren't recruiter or refferal skin items they're actual mounts with distinct gameplay uses that make them desirable to all sorts of players. And you rodents who used alts and bought cheap with no intent to ever actually use them are complaining? Albion players average iq is so low smh.
    • Neef wrote:

DoomRawrus wrote:

Neef wrote:

I agree. When the monthly mounts first came out my assumption was, "Oh I see so they are going to just do this seasonal thing where these mounts come out each month then next year we will probably see them again." But then their was the post showing off "retired / limited edition" items and so I was under the assumption that they wouldn't be coming back after all.It makes it hard for people to properly assess value and invest in these mounts and skins when there is that confusion or unknown information.
      Right and thats my point its like when a car company says Hey we are making a limited number of theses cars get them while you can then next year they do the same car for the same month people would not be happy. All im saying is information is king and if the devs planned on reusing them thats fine just tell us so we know not to collect them and just use them. So again DEVS what mounts can we collect and which are not safe to collect. Also they could have just changed the blink to something else but left the skin the same therfor the old bat would still be "rare" or "limited"
      "Just change the skill" and spend more dev time so clowns can hoard another 1 off mount in their bank with zero usage?

genius
    • Fary wrote:

This game has entered into a spiral of devaluation of items, plots, resources, ... there is no medium safe items like investment, currency inflation is exponential and gold will increase without control.
      Did you check the price of the Ghostwolf skin recently? I saw 999M silver in Caerleon. That's the most expensive thing I ever saw in this game. So I can comfortably say its value didn't decrease. So if you want an idea of medium-safe investment, maybe buy a Ghostwolf or a Sabertooth Rex. Dunno.
    • True. People simply seem to have forgotten than this is supposed to be a sandbox game. This is not solely a PvP game. PvP is just supposed to be a part of the game. One of the activities that a lot of people in sandbox games seem to enjoy is hoarding and collecting very rare stuff. Simply knowing that you possess something of great value that the majority doesn't, or knowing that it is limited and it will be running out, makes it fun showing around after awhile. By cycling through all the challenge rewards, you eliminate a great aspect of fun for a lot of people. That is why people react. And that is why we need clarification on the matter, since you alone(SBI) stated that you won't be using mounts as challenge rewards anymore.
      I for one, am in favor of re-using mounts, but like i said it was something that i enjoyed seeing the value of these same mounts rising and rising, knowing that i possess something that gets rarer and rarer. And i'm not talking about just 10 items that each will cost 1 billion. We're talking about something that the early-mid player will have access too and it will drive him to push harder to get access to more and more of that kind of stuff.
    • TheGreek wrote:

True. People simply seem to have forgotten than this is supposed to be a sandbox game. This is not solely a PvP game. PvP is just supposed to be a part of the game. One of the activities that a lot of people in sandbox games seem to enjoy is hoarding and collecting very rare stuff. Simply knowing that you possess something of great value that the majority doesn't, or knowing that it is limited and it will be running out, makes it fun showing around after awhile. By cycling through all the challenge rewards, you eliminate a great aspect of fun for a lot of people. That is why people react. And that is why we need clarification on the matter, since you alone(SBI) stated that you won't be using mounts as challenge rewards anymore.
      I for one, am in favor of re-using mounts, but like i said it was something that i enjoyed seeing the value of these same mounts rising and rising, knowing that i possess something that gets rarer and rarer. And i'm not talking about just 10 items that each will cost 1 billion. We're talking about something that the early-mid player will have access too and it will drive him to push harder to get access to more and more of that kind of stuff.
      But... its free stuff! You got it by just normally playing the game, you didn't have to go out of your way to obtain it. Help me understand why you are so ungrateful
    • Adrivan wrote:

TheGreek wrote:

True. People simply seem to have forgotten than this is supposed to be a sandbox game. This is not solely a PvP game. PvP is just supposed to be a part of the game. One of the activities that a lot of people in sandbox games seem to enjoy is hoarding and collecting very rare stuff. Simply knowing that you possess something of great value that the majority doesn't, or knowing that it is limited and it will be running out, makes it fun showing around after awhile. By cycling through all the challenge rewards, you eliminate a great aspect of fun for a lot of people. That is why people react. And that is why we need clarification on the matter, since you alone(SBI) stated that you won't be using mounts as challenge rewards anymore.
      But... its free stuff! You got it by just normally playing the game, you didn't have to go out of your way to obtain it. Help me understand why you are so ungrateful
      How am i ungrateful exactly? I'm pointing out that SBI alone gave us a "limited" reward, that it again stated that it's gonna be "limited"(since they told us there are no new mounts for monthly challenges) and with it's actions it shows that it's gonna be unlimited. It just took out a big fun part of the game for a lot of people and that's why we are ungrateful now? Plus, some of us did go out the way. We weren't here when some of the mounts were introduced. And we went and bought them. Like let's say grizzly bear which in some cities costs 7+ million. That's a serious investment for a new-mid player, that seems to fade away.
      I am very grateful for the monthly challenge rewards and it was really something i was looking forward to each month. I would even get hyped to see the new reward, every single month. It's fun for me and i bet it's fun for a lot of other people playing the game. It's been a part of the game and it's a very solid one let me tell you.
      I am even collecting decorations for my island. I never sell these, because it's fun for people like me having nice little stuff. Yet you want to call us ungrateful for having a different way of playstyle than you?
    • TheGreek wrote:

How am i ungrateful exactly? I'm pointing out that SBI alone gave us a "limited" reward, that it again stated that it's gonna be "limited"(since they told us there are no new mounts for monthly challenges) and with it's actions it shows that it's gonna be unlimited. It just took out a big fun part of the game for a lot of people and that's why we are ungrateful now? Plus, some of us did go out the way. We weren't here when some of the mounts were introduced. And we went and bought them. Like let's say grizzly bear which in some cities costs 7+ million. That's a serious investment for a new-mid player, that seems to fade away.I am very grateful for the monthly challenge rewards and it was really something i was looking forward to each month. I would even get hyped to see the new reward, every single month. It's fun for me and i bet it's fun for a lot of other people playing the game. It's been a part of the game and it's a very solid one let me tell you.
      I am even collecting decorations for my island. I never sell these, because it's fun for people like me having nice little stuff. Yet you want to call us ungrateful for having a different way of playstyle than you?
      There are still some super rare mounts in the game that you can 'collect'. They never promised these free mounts would never come back again. 'Limited' means the supply is not continuous, but limited in this case to 1 month per year.
      Feel free to sell it and get another mount that you consider more 'rare'. After all, they could give you NOTHING. Premium has enough benefits as it stands without this challenge.
    • Adrivan wrote:

TheGreek wrote:

How am i ungrateful exactly? I'm pointing out that SBI alone gave us a "limited" reward, that it again stated that it's gonna be "limited"(since they told us there are no new mounts for monthly challenges) and with it's actions it shows that it's gonna be unlimited. It just took out a big fun part of the game for a lot of people and that's why we are ungrateful now? Plus, some of us did go out the way. We weren't here when some of the mounts were introduced. And we went and bought them. Like let's say grizzly bear which in some cities costs 7+ million. That's a serious investment for a new-mid player, that seems to fade away.I am very grateful for the monthly challenge rewards and it was really something i was looking forward to each month. I would even get hyped to see the new reward, every single month. It's fun for me and i bet it's fun for a lot of other people playing the game. It's been a part of the game and it's a very solid one let me tell you.
      There are still some super rare mounts in the game that you can 'collect'. They never promised these free mounts would never come back again. 'Limited' means the supply is not continuous, but limited in this case to 1 month per year.Feel free to sell it and get another mount that you consider more 'rare'. After all, they could give you NOTHING. Premium has enough benefits as it stands without this challenge.
      Did you ever see me saying i buy premium for the challenge? Do you even comprehend what i'm trying to tell you, or do you just use past posts from other people to prove a point that you simply can't? Does gold in real life have much use to everyday people? Does it make you hotter or colder? Does it protect you from elements? Do you as an average Joe drill, fish or eat gold? Yet you buy it. You buy accessories and jewelleries because they feel valuable. They make you feel good possessing them. They are kinda useless really, but that fictional valuation makes you feel better about yourself having them. The challenge rewards create that same feeling. And they create that same feeling for EVERYONE. Literally EVERYONE can experience it, not just a few 2 year old players with billions to blast, but EVERYONE can have access to these nice little things and they can decide whether they want to KEEP them or SELL them. That's a sandbox element and it's important for a game like this to keep these kind of elements.
      Like i said, i am ok with re-using mounts since they really do have a use. But SBI needs to create something equal to that feeling, maybe with Skins that would be finite and not unlimited, or something else.