An informative question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An informative question

So i'm not "beginner" i guess but might as well be considering how many patches i missed. So is it worth coming back at the present state of the game and how hard it is for someone old/new to the game to get back into it...

What i mean, is it worth investing my time into the game extensively...

P.S.Please do not give me random "depends what you want.." relativistic answers... i played the game long enough to understand it.

Thanks in advance for all insightful comments.
    • Frostweaver wrote:

So i'm not "beginner" i guess but might as well be considering how many patches i missed. So is it worth coming back at the present state of the game and how hard it is for someone old/new to the game to get back into it...

P.S.Please do not give me random "depends what you want.." relativistic answers... i played the game long enough to understand it.

Right now - NO , i do not recommend you to invest time into this game. Wait until next Global patch , or would be even better - if you wait for the next 2 Global patches. To get much more exciting experience , at least i hope so xD

Because as i understood , main Dev's ideas will be divided between incoming Queen update and the next one.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• I'll offer the opposite viewpoint actually.

I'd say YES, now is a perfect time to hop in.
      I came back from originally playing at launch to about a month before percival because I was excited for solo dungeons. The early start gave me time to catch up on everything I've missed, while making sure I was ready for all the new changes when percival finally released.

If you're interested in Albion, give it a try. Due to other games and just the lack of interesting things for me to do back then, I fell out of enjoying it. But now I'm capping specs and slaughtering reds and have never had so much fun. It's free, so try it out, and if you aren't feeling it, come back again at Queen. Dont set yourself behind by waiting until then.
    • If you played enough of this game then you should know that your question is answered with a "it depends".

What do you want to do extensively?

You want to focus on gathering crafting? Then yes, It is good time to come back.

Do you want to focus on small scale, non competitive pvp? Then yes, it is a good time to come back.

Do you want to focus on large scale pvp, guild building etc..? Then no, wait until next update comes out, a lot of changes are coming.

Do you want to focus on anykind of competitive gameplay? Then No, wait until the next update, lots of changes coming.

Do you want to do a bit of everything? Bad idea, cause you will need to play albion as if it was your job. In that case, I dont recoment returning.

Also, how long have you been gone? If you havent played scince free to play came out, a lot of stuff has changed/will change.

If you already played after free to play, dont bother, not much has changed, wait for the next update.

So yea, It depends.
    • Azlen wrote:

I'll offer the opposite viewpoint actually.
      ^ this

Frostweaver wrote:

Right now is the best time to get into the game because:

1) population just bottomed out and its only gonna keep growing from here on (esp once the new patch hits) - so that means with current "lower" pop its easier to fame/gather and pretty much do any activity (everything is less contested)
      2) Stemming from #1 - the prices right now are a bit lower (anyone remember the prices of everything, consumables, mounts...etc during F2P?!?!), so its a bit easier to get in
      3) There have been a lot of balance patches in the past year or so (depending how much you've missed) - so game feels pretty balanced and bugs have been fixed.
      4) Faming has been buffed by a lot during the F2P fame rebalance patch. Faming up specs is like 5x times faster then what is was in the past
      5) Faming is further facilitated (made easier) with solo random Dungeons and a 25% fame buff that was added to all roaming mobs! I mean - what else could you ask for?

If you like Sandbox PVP - where you are the master of your destiny (literally) - and especially before these cool new changes are about to hit the game - right now is the best time to get back in.