Concerns about economy with Queen expasion

• Player112 wrote:

Do you know a populated t8 zone with lots of gatherers? I will go on donkey to conduct a census, and also find the reason why they are not bringing the resources to market.
      Mercia basicaly...

Yo fam, just please stop talking about that it's for your own good. You embarass yourself. The day you will go in thoses maps maybe you will get the right to even talk about it.

What a mess, jesus...
    • Completed my survey. There were high pvp activity at the realm gate of Mercia. Lower activity in the adjacent territories. Never saw a single gatherer anywhere.

Tried another realm gate. It was a typical BZ ghost town. Even the gankers were few and they came in singles. No gatherers to be seen.

I only got to t7 and gave up. The high tier resources do not offer incentives to people. People like safety instead.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Korn wrote:

1) Each city will have more than 1 portal to the black zone - the map sketch is misleading here

2) Reset day will stay in the game pretty much as is
      Is there any interest on the part of the developer team to have a longer-term, survival-oriented, economically-isolated black zone?
      In general, distance will matter much more in the new Outland, the actual distance in terms of zones from the deep Outland regions to the Royal Continent will become larger than it is right now. While that is not total economic isolation, it should have a significant impact.
    • @Korn
      Hey! First of all i need to say that i really like thise changes but i have some question...
      Do we will have any interest to stay/visit Caerleon after that? Black market only in Caerle? Something else?
      I know that pushing ppl into BZ is good direction for the game but do You have any role for Caerleon city? Or it will be deserted since next big patch? (i asume that in next patch You have something in plan for Caerleon role - mby some end game raid bosses hub? :> )
    • Player112 wrote:

Completed my survey. There were high pvp activity at the realm gate of Mercia. Lower activity in the adjacent territories. Never saw a single gatherer anywhere.

Tried another realm gate. It was a typical BZ ghost town. Even the gankers were few and they came in singles. No gatherers to be seen.

I only got to t7 and gave up. The high tier resources do not offer incentives to people. People like safety instead.
      You just don't know well how a high tier gatherer brain works.

Smarter people will go for thoses maps. The cowards will stay in safe zone ;)
    • Korn wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Korn wrote:

1) Each city will have more than 1 portal to the black zone - the map sketch is misleading here

Is there any interest on the part of the developer team to have a longer-term, survival-oriented, economically-isolated black zone?
      In general, distance will matter much more in the new Outland, the actual distance in terms of zones from the deep Outland regions to the Royal Continent will become larger than it is right now. While that is not total economic isolation, it should have a significant impact.

I'm really hoping it becomes meta for armies to base out of black zone hideouts, rather than everyone massing at the realmgates. :)
    • Roccandil wrote:

Korn wrote:

Yes - its the new upcoming Avalon map.

Player112 wrote:

I didn't see these smart people there. It's possible they are too smart for me.
      Its not just possible - its a fact.

Player112 wrote:

Also they are too smart for the market because the market isn't seeing these people as well.
      Now this - is something that is possible.
    • NdwZ wrote:

@Korn
      Hey! First of all i need to say that i really like thise changes but i have some question...
      Do we will have any interest to stay/visit Caerleon after that? Black market only in Caerle? Something else?
      I know that pushing ppl into BZ is good direction for the game but do You have any role for Caerleon city? Or it will be deserted since next big patch? (i asume that in next patch You have something in plan for Caerleon role - mby some end game raid bosses hub? :> )
      They already said somewhere else that they have plans for Caerleon. Probabily in the Update after Queen.
    • Korn wrote:

The black market will remain exclusively in Caerleon, and it is responsible for around 30% of the entire in-game silver generation - it's massive.
      In addition to that, the zones around Caerleon will get a buff - right now, they are deliberately weak as making them too powerful would have de-valued the other Royal Cities too much. Once Caerleon no longer has a direct Outland access, we can buff these zones significantly.

Finally, after Queen, we will rework for faction warfare system significantly, and it is very likely the Caerleon will play a very important part in it.

The overall goal is to make red zone play much more attractive than it is right now - with a clear focus on solo player and small groups.

Does this mean t7 will return to the red zone like how it was in beta?

What about the flagging system, will players be auto-flagged in red zones again?

Barring those two things, I don't really see how red zones will thrive for solo and small scale.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

Korn wrote:

The black market will remain exclusively in Caerleon, and it is responsible for around 30% of the entire in-game silver generation - it's massive.
      In addition to that, the zones around Caerleon will get a buff - right now, they are deliberately weak as making them too powerful would have de-valued the other Royal Cities too much. Once Caerleon no longer has a direct Outland access, we can buff these zones significantly.

Finally, after Queen, we will rework for faction warfare system significantly, and it is very likely the Caerleon will play a very important part in it.

The overall goal is to make red zone play much more attractive than it is right now - with a clear focus on solo player and small groups.
      Does this mean t7 will return to the red zone like how it was in beta?

What about the flagging system, will players be auto-flagged in red zones again?

Barring those two things, I don't really see how red zones will thrive for solo and small scale.
      after the new map is here and such and Caerleon is no longer the main hub I wouldn't mind seeing t7 around the zones of caerleon
    • Holoin wrote:

NdwZ wrote:

@Korn
      They already said somewhere else that they have plans for Caerleon. Probabily in the Update after Queen.
      Yep, but my intention was to ask about prediction of situation of Caerelon on Queen update, not in patch after that. Something besides black market only in caerle? And if someone can confirm that BM will be only in Caerleon?