Concerns about economy with Queen expasion

• @Luke1, @Player112, @Thorbjorn

Sorry for my english - what i mean are the long ways

Look - now - Bridgewatch - Matlock --> 3 areas

Now - 5 !!!!

Today my ally is based in Martlock, my guild in Bridgewatch, my island in caerleon (I hope we get a free change for our islands)

Yes travel is an important part of this game - but that change is to much for many players

And again - i fear wasting a lot of time in this huge map

• I feel like there's too much fast travel now. I don't mind it on the Royal continent rim, but insta-zapping with gear in and out of the black zone from central locations makes it too easy to project power.

I rather wish getting to the black zone was a one-way shipping expedition, in which you pay money to smuggle a bunch of mats/gear/people to a random-ish Outlands coast, so you can set up your hideout and try to survive in the black zone.

And the only way to return to the royals is naked. :P
    • Luke1 wrote:

There will be no resource flow toward Carleon while its a ghost town.
      Yes they will but less than now. Don't forget carleon is the only city with a black market. (Unless they are looking to add black market in avalon too)

They should add something temporarly to attract ressource flow in carleon while waiting for the faction rework. I think something about boosting the ressource return rate for refining and crafting. I think having 10% bonus for every crafting item and 25% bonus for every refining item can be good enough. People that wants to do the maximum profitable and optimised crafting/refining will go for the royal cities.
    • Player112 wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

They should add something temporarly to attract ressource flow in carleon while waiting for the faction rework.
      There's nothing they can do to attract the supplies. People will not go there after a couple of ganks. I would say the CAE labourer owners are f*cked. Weaning from the BM will be very painful. We are going to see some quittings from unexpected quarters.
      You are 100% right(it's a propaganda message, i want everyone out of Caerleon as well)

The post was edited 4 times, last by xcruciful ().

• Player112 wrote:

xcruciful wrote:

Maps around Caerleon will be full of gankers.
      There will not. Nobody will go there, like the black zones now.
      The black market will remain exclusively in Caerleon, and it is responsible for around 30% of the entire in-game silver generation - it's massive.

In addition to that, the zones around Caerleon will get a buff - right now, they are deliberately weak as making them too powerful would have de-valued the other Royal Cities too much. Once Caerleon no longer has a direct Outland access, we can buff these zones significantly.

Finally, after Queen, we will rework for faction warfare system significantly, and it is very likely the Caerleon will play a very important part in it.

The overall goal is to make red zone play much more attractive than it is right now - with a clear focus on solo player and small groups.
    • Korn wrote:

The black market will remain exclusively in Caerleon, and it is responsible for around 30% of the entire in-game silver generation - it's massive.
      In addition to that, the zones around Caerleon will get a buff - right now, they are deliberately weak as making them too powerful would have de-valued the other Royal Cities too much. Once Caerleon no longer has a direct Outland access, we can buff these zones significantly.

Finally, after Queen, we will rework for faction warfare system significantly, and it is very likely the Caerleon will play a very important part in it.

The overall goal is to make red zone play much more attractive than it is right now - with a clear focus on solo player and small groups.
      What exactly do you mean by buffing these surrounding zones? People don't like dying and losing their things. It doesn't matter how much reward you give them for the risk, they will accept neither the reward nor risk.

The only people who will benefit from the change are the large guilds/alliances who have the power to push the supplies through. But, I don't believed these guilds and alliances are the natural suppliers of the CAE market. If they were, the high tier resources would be a lot more abundant than they are now. I don't know what those guilds and alliances normally do. I don't believe they gather. They can push through, but they have nothing to push through for.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

People don't like dying and losing their things.
      Don't judge by yourself. If you don't like to lose your things, than don't go in red/black zones.
      I like pvp in this game and this game is designed like that: if you win, you take your enemy's things. You dead? Enemy take your things. And i like that. Entire game work around this mechanics. And yes, if this was good fight or good chase, when you manage to evade 5+ gankers, i LIKE that adrenalin stuff, even if i died and all my things lost.

Korn wrote:

Thanks for good news. And don't listen to peoples that pick the wrong game to play safe :D
    • Player112 wrote:

Korn wrote:

What exactly do you mean by buffing these surrounding zones? People don't like dying and losing their things. It doesn't matter how much reward you give them for the risk, they will accept neither the reward nor risk.
      The only people who will benefit from the change are the large guilds/alliances who have the power to push the supplies through. But, I don't believed these guilds and alliances are the natural suppliers of the CAE market. If they were, the high tier resources would be a lot more abundant than they are now. I don't know what those guilds and alliances normally do. I don't believe they gather. They can push through, but they have nothing to push through for.
      This game is advertised as full loot pvp. It is not a surprise when you first die. So people dont like it they wont start playing, do they?

Big alliancea gather for themselfs, not for money. They have plenty of money already
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

This game is advertised as full loot pvp. It is not a surprise when you first die. So people dont like it they wont start playing, do they?
      That's right. When people don't like it, they don't go to those areas. When CAE people have no resources or too expensive, they quit because they have no other way of playing the game like they used to. They are used to sell to the blackmarket and use the silver to pay the premium. Neither you nor I care that they quit because the game was advertised to be blah, blah, blah, don't like it then quit.

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

Big alliancea gather for themselfs, not for money. They have plenty of money already
      Did they tell you this or did you make it up? Why would rich people gather? I am not rich, I have just enough, and I still don't gather - too much work, too dull, too risky.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Player112 ().

• xcruciful wrote:

What really scare me!
      • Only 1 portal to black zone?
      • There will be reset day anymore?
      • Buffing red zone?

1) Each city will have more than 1 portal to the black zone - the map sketch is misleading here

2) Reset day will stay in the game pretty much as is

3) The zones directly next to Caerleon will be buffed as these are deliberately weak right now for balance reasons. The general balance principle that Outland zones > red zones >> blue zones will of course stay in place.
    • Owlsane wrote:

i think is something about the tier of the map or the popularity of the map?
      generally you got it right.

Weaker zone = one with weaker rewards. A stronger zone (and this is just a metaphor that Korn used) means better rewards. Usually higher tier zone = higher (better) rewards.

Red Zones around Caerleon are "weak" meaning they are not as rewarding as they potentially could be, and that is on purpose. This can (and will) change.

Player112 wrote:

I never been there myself but can infer nobody goes there because of lack of T7/T8 resources on the market.
      You've barely made it outside of the Yellow Zone - so as usual, you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Stick to Swamp Cross and tutorial zone discussions.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().