Hideout Mechanic Questions And Concerns - Devs Pls

• Hideout Mechanic Questions And Concerns - Devs Pls

These are some questions for the Devs in regard to mechanics involving Hideouts. When exiting a hideout will an invulnerability bubble effect be applied? If a bubble is applied will it be the long "Zone" bubble applied when you change zones or A-out of a dungeon, or the shorter "Enough time to mount up or wait for skills" short range/duration bubble. Alternatively will a medium ranged bubble be applied. I have follow up questions depending on which mechanic it is going to go with
    • Though I obviously don't officially know, I would wager that given the nature of hideouts, it will be the long "zone bubble" you are referring to. I think this because the same level of safety should be applied as the level you get out of a dungeon, due to potentially similar placement of locations. It would be a mediocre addition to the game if you could surround a hide-out and immediately murder anyone coming out.

Granted I'm sure this can still be done, just with much more players that are much more coordinated to catch people when their bubble drops.
      Super stoked for hideouts!!
      It's going to be good :)
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi @QuickSwipe, more detailed information and mechanics of Hideouts will be released soon. Keep an eye out on the upcoming Dev Talks ;)
      Can we expect, maybe, one video per week, considering the time we have left until the end of the season and the ammount of content? :D

Probably not one video a week, but we know we've got a lot to talk about in the amount of time left and we are planning how to communicate that with you guys. That's all I can say, sorry!

Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Hi @QuickSwipe, more detailed information and mechanics of Hideouts will be released soon. Keep an eye out on the upcoming Dev Talks ;)
      Can we expect, maybe, one video per week, considering the time we have left until the end of the season and the ammount of content? :D
      Probably not one video a week, but we know we've got a lot to talk about in the amount of time left and we are planning how to communicate that with you guys. That's all I can say, sorry!
      It's already nice what you said, thanks :)

Waiting anxiously. It's gonna be one hell of an update.
    • Mytherceria wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

I'm just trying to avoid an overly safe scenario where proper placement of a hideout close to a portal exit or some other "zone" allows you to traverse the overworld without any chance of death as I regularly encounter in the blackzones surrounding Portals.
    • Eltharyon wrote:

Hey, thanks for the question!

There will definitely be a form of spawn protection, simply to ensure that players are protected while loading into the cluster. However, we're still experimenting with how long this protection will last and whether it ends when you leave the proximity of the Hideout.
      I was thinking few days ago about this bubble mechanic, and i found one good "quality of life" change ,that could be employed into the game.

• When you get bubble ,you hear a "specific" sound of this protection buff. Problem is that not always , you as a player , know on what range this buff will go off. So my suggestion is too reduce/change/increase volume of this sound when you are on the edge of the zone , where this buff will go off.

For example , i do not remember the exact number of meters of this "bubble safe zone" .
      1. You zone in into a claster
      2. You get a bubble and hear a standard sound of this bubble.
      3. For the first 20 meters from your place where you get bubble - you will still hear standard sound.
      4. But on the last 5 meters of available "Bubble Zone" sound will change a bit.
      -------------------------

Is it a minor change? Yes.
      Do we need this ASAP? No.

My point is , that such minor changes/noticeable features are making games great and unique. And more we have such detailes - better the game would be.

On top of that - this change is practically usefull.
    • Hi, i'm new in Albion less than 1 month, and i know in the game there are still a lot i didn't know. So please forgive me if my words are not accurate.

As a new player, i've never been to black or red zone, but i read some articles such as "invisible ganking at map exit points"... and then i read some articles about "hideout". Than i have some idea and personal suggestion to "hideout" for dev team reference:

Like dev team said they are interested in seeing how ppl will use the "hideout" in the game, i think "hideout" can be private or public. If it is public, like the discussion above, use the bubble with proper timeout.

I suggest there can be alternative way for the protection :

1. Allow "hideout" can build up multiple exists like town with its lv up (eg. lv 1 has 1 exit, lv2 has 2 exits, etc...)
      2. Owner can decide to buff the ppl who leave "hideout" with invisbility for certain timeout so ppl could mount or gear up..., or bubble ppl
      3. Owner can decide the behavior of exit is to teleport ppl to random location or fix location where is in the certain radius of "hideout"
      4. Different exit leads to different direction when teleport

I don't know this way will increase the burden to server or not, but is just a new player's suggestion.

The post was edited 3 times, last by jaeloc ().

• Eltharyon wrote:

Hey, thanks for the question!

There will definitely be a form of spawn protection, simply to ensure that players are protected while loading into the cluster. However, we're still experimenting with how long this protection will last and whether it ends when you leave the proximity of the Hideout.
      Personally if I were to design it I would provide ample TIME but short range, approximately 30 seconds of invulnerability with 20 meter range would be optimal. Additionally I am concerned about placement of these close to other locations that offer safety and additional spawn-bubbles such as the rings around portals, portals, and zones. Basically I don't want any oppertunitites for near-overpowered safety and security. Example, if the Spawn bubble is 30 meters then the minimum range from a bubble re-applying instance such as a gate or a portal ring should be 40 meters, allowing at minimum 10 meters of valid murder space. I would not be concerned about this mechanic if it wasn't being seriously abused in ridiculous manners