I found out about the referral program AFTER I created my account.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I found out about the referral program AFTER I created my account.

Brother told me about the game and got me playing. Really thankful because the game has been a lot of fun. After playing for a couple weeks I just found out about the referral program. I really want to thank him for showing me the game, is there anyway to link the accounts after they have already been created?

Any information is appreciated! Thank you
    • Some games do have a brief period where you can essentially give credit to someone after starting. But that feature doesn't exist here.

It's a double-edged sword honestly. On the one hand, such a feature would be convenient. But on the other, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be referred by someone after you already started.
      Not to mention having it this way avoids the annoying case of people standing at beginner areas begging new players to attribute their referral towards those people.
    • Azlen wrote:

Some games do have a brief period where you can essentially give credit to someone after starting. But that feature doesn't exist here.

It's a double-edged sword honestly. On the one hand, such a feature would be convenient. But on the other, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be referred by someone after you already started.
      Not to mention having it this way avoids the annoying case of people standing at beginner areas begging new players to attribute their referral towards those people.
      If they are going to be this rigid about it then they should do a hell of a lot more advertising up front to new players about it. Maybe even make it part of the installer.
    • Roflmywaffle wrote:

Azlen wrote:

Some games do have a brief period where you can essentially give credit to someone after starting. But that feature doesn't exist here.

If they are going to be this rigid about it then they should do a hell of a lot more advertising up front to new players about it. Maybe even make it part of the installer.
      I definitely get the frustration.
      Personally the best system I've seen is when someone created an account in a game, one of the prompts on account creation is a question asking if you were referred by someone.

But I dont believe games have any real obligation to make this at the forefront for players. Referral rewards are nothing but a benefit to players, should they take advantage of them. But I dont really think any game "owes" you by sticking it in your face so you dont miss it. In most games I've played with this system, it's almost always slightly convoluted, somewhat hidden, and a little confusing, especially to a new player. I simply equate that to referral systems in general.