Dev Talk: Queen Update Introduction

• Goldorack wrote:

- 5v5 GvG is useless to get territories. Now you have to go ZvZ and attack the tower to get the territory.
      They have to win some token to do CGvG now.
      The token will upgrade towers in outlands to gives gathering buff only ?
      Higher token is for experimented players but what if the player get only low token to fight noobs ?

- ZvZ restrictions in numbers, the game can't run large number ZvZ :
      So if some guild want to get a fight or terrritory they have to be the fastest to arrive on the cluster (as it will be limited in numbers).
      The guilds or alliance who have the most money will probably buy an army of fast mount (panther, crows, bat...)

- Caerleon is not a portal anymore for Blackzone :
      It will be probably deserted...
      The huge thing here is it will stop larger guilds from being able to easily monopolize a bunch of zones (5 people to defend each means 100 good people can defend 20 territories) Now with people being able to attack in groups of 25, a lot harder for a guild / alliance to protect them all at the same time.

The cool thing here I think people missed. Is taking down the tower triggers a fight over 24 hours, under 48 hour later. This is NOT LIMITED to the initializing guilds. A guild can go start a challenge, and a totally unrelated guild can pop in and take the territory. So one group can go around and trigger an entire guilds or alliances territory fights if the manage to get away with it, and then the entire server can jump in all those zones to try for a territory.

Now 5V5 is used to upgrade territories instead. Which will mean for season points alliances probably want a lot of territories, but for actually defending, they will probably chose a set amount and their 5V5 teams will go out representing and upgrading those territories and they will defend those the hardest.
    • "A significant part of this will be an reworked and upgraded faction war system - this however won't be part of the Queen update". Does this mean that you'll be bringing some new factions into the game (or rather bringing back the mob factions (Keepers, Undead, Morgana's Cultists), or is it about the current royal city factions and the rework is focused on mechanics rather than new content? Sounds more like the last one. I already made a post about the mob factions but instead I'll ask here: are there any plans of bringing those mob factions back?
    • Goldorack wrote:

- 5v5 GvG is useless to get territories. Now you have to go ZvZ and attack the tower to get the territory.
      Higher token is for experimented players but what if the player get only low token to fight noobs ?

So if some guild want to get a fight or terrritory they have to be the fastest to arrive on the cluster (as it will be limited in numbers).
      The guilds or alliance who have the most money will probably buy an army of fast mount (panther, crows, bat...)

Did you actually read/listen to the dev talk?

How did you get to the conclusion fastest army will conquer stuff?

Player112, is that you?
    • ValheruWolf wrote:

Goldorack wrote:

The cool thing here I think people missed. Is taking down the tower triggers a fight over 24 hours, under 48 hour later. This is NOT LIMITED to the initializing guilds. A guild can go start a challenge, and a totally unrelated guild can pop in and take the territory. So one group can go around and trigger an entire guilds or alliances territory fights if the manage to get away with it, and then the entire server can jump in all those zones to try for a territory.
      You missunderstood the info.
      All guilds willing to take a determined territory have to trigger the fight. However, its possible for multiple guilds to trigger for the same time, meaning all of them will clash at the same time.

Different guilds/alliances wont be able to benefit from another ones triggers.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

I am curious about the portals to the black zone. Will each city have multiple portals like we have now, for example Lymhurst has 4 green portals you can choose from.

If there is now only one portal in the black zone per royal city then you will have to deal with more of the annoying portal ganking.
      Depends on how they do it. They could make one portal to a safe zone that goes to four different maps or something similar.
    • I have a few questions towards the queen update. Prolly i missed the info but there it is :

-About thoses terris change. Will be the mage raiding still a thing?
      -Do you get different layouts of hideouts? Like a L shape cavern / T shape cavern / etc => If not do you intend to implement that soon?
      -Does the hideouts will get the biome thema? Like ice cavern for FT biomes / Sandy caverns for Bridge biomes etc => If not do you intend to implement that soon?
      -After the hideout is usable and ready, how people and guilds can attempt an attack against a hideout? What possible ways do you have to sustaint it for a long period of time?
    • Hiya, I'm still here

So I have made it clear that I always disliked the Gvg system in its current form and so I am excited to see how this pans out. really cool direction and the last couple patches have been really strong.

1. The New Outlands Map

This is pretty exciting but as a royal not really my area of interest but ill have a sniff around and maybe with the death of Caerleon I might have to find a second job :)

2. Hideouts

ok pretty cool but I think that they can still be used behind enemy lines if your prime time is outside of theirs - many guilds have used the TZ as a way to grab easy advantage over their opponents and dropping a zerg behind the enemy is still a strat (that if even I thought of it then the strategists of the alliances have as well). I want to sneak one in somewhere just to test it out - maybe the test server

3. Open-World Territory Battles

As above im all for it and keen to see how the Antizerg mechanics play out.

4. Expanded Crystal Realm Battles

hmmmm I suspect that the top guilds will farm the tokens with fake gvg teams but maybe they wont even be able to face each other? Or it is possible that they will have lower tier kill teams designed to block up and coming guilds. trolol

5. Zerg Debuffs and the Smart Cluster Queue

Now if this is based on item power then you will have a issue as the guild with the most resources will simply out perform their opponents by putting more higher tier people on the field. Example Compulsory 7.2+ and then supply them simply smacking the other zerg out of the park with tier over numbers

but how you fix this I do not know a powercap + antizerg combo?

Really cool and I have bought premium for another 30days

Still waiting on my antizerg sickle <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stormlord ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

Display Spoiler

ValheruWolf wrote:

Goldorack wrote:

You missunderstood the info.All guilds willing to take a determined territory have to trigger the fight. However, its possible for multiple guilds to trigger for the same time, meaning all of them will clash at the same time.

Different guilds/alliances wont be able to benefit from another ones triggers.
      You are right. I did fully misunderstand that. Now have a weird question. If an alliance has a group of multiple guilds running around to challenge territories, can they all lay claim to challenge at the same time after defeating the guards? or 1 challenge to each time we clear the guards.

Upside is regardless of all of that, looks like alliances can help capture a territory now, Sure that guild needs to be present to channel the tower, but guessing alliance members can come and fight and heal them to help them take a tower. That could be bad or good. It would make priority targets the guilds actually fighting over the tower for each side as if they are dead then congrats, you get the tower heh.
    • I would like to know more about the new portals in the royal cities. Can we please get a dev to confirm if the royals will have 1 portal in each city? Currently the blue and red have what 6 portal options and the others have 4? If the portal is changed from 1-4 to 1 portal and the zone going into the outlands is not a safe zone which i cannot see them making the first zone "safe". This could really be a problem for portal camping and I would like to know more information on how this will be stoppped or if there will be atleast 1 or 2 portals options per royal city. Thanks.
    • Neef wrote:

I would like to know more about the new portals in the royal cities. Can we please get a dev to confirm if the royals will have 1 portal in each city? Currently the blue and red have what 6 portal options and the others have 4? If the portal is changed from 1-4 to 1 portal and the zone going into the outlands is not a safe zone which i cannot see them making the first zone "safe". This could really be a problem for portal camping and I would like to know more information on how this will be stoppped or if there will be atleast 1 or 2 portals options per royal city. Thanks.
      There is a post somewhere that says that there will be more than 1 portal per city, and that the outlands image is not the definitive map.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

One portal per city could make it harder for big alliances to project power.
      Actually it would make it easy as all they would have to do is portal camp on the other side of that one portal with the current portal mechanic. At least with multiple portals they would need to spread their forces to lock down that city's portal in a meaningful manner.

I'm referring to conquering and holding large swaths of territory. But to your point, if smaller guilds/alliances use hideouts to base entirely out of the black zone, portal camping will be much less relevant.