2v2 hellgates dont create a good pvp enviroment and suggestion to fix it

• 2v2 hellgates dont create a good pvp enviroment and suggestion to fix it

The 2v2 hellgates can be alot of fun, they give good loot, good exp and good pvp emotion, but sometimes people just abuse the 2v2 hg system, there are annoying looters that steal your chest and run away the whole map until you get tired of chasing them, people who keep running away until their combo is ready, attack, and if they dont do it right keep running away. Chasing people for 20 minutes is not fun at all and makes the 2v2 hg broken.

My solution to this is to make a battle royale type of system, where if you stay out of a circle (in the middle) your speed gets slowed down or maybe you get a damage over time, so you will be forced to fight in the middle, so the whole point of hellgates being a pvp expierience will be fullfilled.

Please discuss.
    • This same topic has been discussed at naseum for many many months now. The sad part is even the Devs stated in their original design goals the content was meant to be a competitive fighting environment. Somehow they ended creating a horrible map layout making easy and advantageous to kite for days instead and not fight at all while still being able to reap the loot rewards.

The layout can be changed to just be 2 hallways with a middle ground to solve this. The current layout could be adjusted to shrink to just the middle chest area upon all 3 mini bosses dying. Or even the super easy change to make the loot player protected for 30 seconds to stop rewarding non combat run builds that come into gates with no intention of fighting. So many adjustments they can do. Some quite simple some a bit more complicated.

I still have never seen them respond to this hotly discussed topic.
    • joaquino wrote:

The 2v2 hellgates can be alot of fun, they give good loot, good exp and good pvp emotion, but sometimes people just abuse the 2v2 hg system, there are annoying looters that steal your chest and run away the whole map until you get tired of chasing them, people who keep running away until their combo is ready, attack, and if they dont do it right keep running away. Chasing people for 20 minutes is not fun at all and makes the 2v2 hg broken.

My solution to this is to make a battle royale type of system, where if you stay out of a circle (in the middle) your speed gets slowed down or maybe you get a damage over time, so you will be forced to fight in the middle, so the whole point of hellgates being a pvp expierience will be fullfilled.

Please discuss.

We recognize that this is an issue, but currently it is not on priority list, as the dev team are busy with the whole Outlands and territory system rework.

Mytherceria#3744
    • Tabor wrote:

Solventh literally makes 0 sense to need to bring multiple sets to counter troll builds that would not even exist without shit design. That just unnecessarily increases your risk against all legitimate teams. I agree it is necessary to do with current setup but it SHOULD NOT be something we should have to do.
      if that set or only a few gear costs just 5k to 10k all the whine is just care bearing. they say: git gud.
    • Bump.

Want to first state that I expect people defending this mechanic are ratting themselves, as it is extremely common.

Ratting has reached a fever pitch, you can see top streamers on twitch doing it now throughout the day. I'd say about a month ago 50% of my matches were solo rats, now I'd say it's upwards of 90% 2v2 of HG are rats.

I am extremely good at countering rats at this point, but now I almost never see a real match anymore. Please provide a stop-gap solution.

-----
      Ratting is extremely easy because it is exploitative of several major mechanics:
      - You can wear a kit entirely suited to avoid combat, while others are balancing the possibility of actually fighting 2v2.
      - You can wear a kit that focuses solely on mobility, and rely on out of combat healing to never get into any real danger. Soups will regenerate a mobile character that is not interested in fighting rapidly.
      - A circular arena means you can never be cornered, as long as you are more mobile and never take a bad engage you are in little danger.
      - Since you are not concerned with fighting, you can take a very low tier kit and lose little on death.
      - Even if players have taken measures to control the box, like a knight helmet; when a rat clicks on the box the players who have control of the box will be ejected allowing rats first grab at the loot.
      -----

The post was edited 1 time, last by KrasherWins ().

• Some one suggested before to make 2v2 hellgate map linear instead of a circle. They could make it C chaped, with 2 bosses near the center(One on each side) And a final boss that appears exactly on the center. If Some one decides to run, they will eventually reach a corner and get cornered. Make enough room so that players can run back a bit if they need to retreat once to wait for cooldowns, But after that retreat they get no more room and will get cornered if they try to retreat again.

This is only for 2v2 hellgates, In 5v5 running is harder and is countered more easy so keep the current 5v5 map.

The royale arena style idea is also good, after the bosses get killed, a zone could get smaller and smaller until it gets to the center. Players outside could get damage over time that increases as time passes to prevent healers from negating the damage.
    • @KrasherWins rather than digging out every 2v2 HG rat subject to make it in the front page use the more recent subject to developp the subject...

I will say to you guys that bringing a secondary set in order to counter rats is a viable option (you can bring t4 just for the cheap cost). They can't fight and avoid you in 1v2 situation.
      It's not a broken gameplay since there is ways to beat them.
    • Owlsane wrote:

They can't fight and avoid you in 1v2 situation.
      explain us how you can catch someone that use scholar sandals and can't be rooted or stopped, it has 2 dash a windwall and a invisibility potion. Also if you miraculously you do him enough damage, he disappears with undead cape. In hg you are in 2 and you don't have mount, maybe is possible to catch a gatherer if you are a gruop well organized in open world but not in a hg situation.
      Then secondly (this is not so important) , most of time, people are overcharged and it means that change the gear could destroy it or anyway waste the overcharge.

SBI introduces HG as a place where 2 groups have to fight for the loot and not a ganking place, so this content isn't working adequately.
    • Owlsane wrote:

@KrasherWins rather than digging out every 2v2 HG rat subject to make it in the front page use the more recent subject to developp the subject...

I will say to you guys that bringing a secondary set in order to counter rats is a viable option (you can bring t4 just for the cheap cost). They can't fight and avoid you in 1v2 situation.
      Did you even read his post? He states quite clearly that countering rats isn't even the problem. The problem is that we never get actual, interesting 2v2 matches because ratting is so lucrative and simple that everyone is doing it.
    • Rapwnzel wrote:

Did you even read his post? He states quite clearly that countering rats isn't even the problem. The problem is that we never get actual, interesting 2v2 matches because ratting is so lucrative and simple that everyone is doing it.
      cause you dont care about them (cause you know they wont kill you) which leads to not to counter them and they take this to their advantage.