killing the healer

    • killing the healer

      You have finally killed the healer, as a player. A Axe player can go out by themselves and protect themselves in PVP, but the healer just became even more of a non player unless in groups. Why. You have slowly been making the healer the worst thing to play in the game. Today you took away any chance a healer has of doing dungeons with any type of speed or to protect themselves from gankers. Healers were slowly getting less able to be in the open world, and took forever even in a solo dungeon, and now you have really made it worse. Been playing since the beginning as a healer, and this time I just feel like you have killed my player. Thanks for nothing. You have totally pissed me off. So many players are X( quitting, and you kill the healer. WHY, so the baby gankers who do NOTHING else in the game can kill us, really. We have to play as a group now....that is what you have done. Everyone else can take their character and play alone, but no not a healer, you nurfed us good,. YOU SUCK, you listen to these baby gankers, who will play the game for 30 days and leave. You are really becoming a game I have less and less desire to play, and I play too much, so maybe your doing me a favor. Not yourselves, because I pay to play, and have since the beg. Now Im disgusted with your desire to give the gankers control of the game. Im just so mad, at your lack of desire to balance the game for all players.
      Live, Laugh, Play :)
    • I am not sure if you are trolling or something, but, ... changes to heal and nature staves were in fact huge buffs. Look at patch notes. Nearly all weapons got nerfs, heal and nature got cd reductions and heal increases. Oyh, and right now, people are discussing how that buff thats supposed to give you -25% self heal, is giving them +25 heal boost, ..so expecting them to patch that as right now healers are INVINCIBLE til thats sorted out.
    • VexVane wrote:

      I am not sure if you are trolling or something, but, ... changes to heal and nature staves were in fact huge buffs. Look at patch notes. Nearly all weapons got nerfs, heal and nature got cd reductions and heal increases. Oyh, and right now, people are discussing how that buff thats supposed to give you -25% self heal, is giving them +25 heal boost, ..so expecting them to patch that as right now healers are INVINCIBLE til thats sorted out.
      Indeed that's why we are talking of other content but healing a group of players :D

      The healing sickness bug makes my day
    • Extended nature staff usage has been proven to cause brain damage, and this post is just more proof that SBI needed to step in and do something about them.

      I for one am happy that SBI chose to ween their users off the delusional reality that nature staves have ever been fair and reasonable, slowly over time. Who knows what sort of long term damage would have happened if they hadn't spent years slowly weening users off the constant flow of dopamine they received from dunking on people.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

      Extended nature staff usage has been proven to cause brain damage,
      You must work for the FDA or something to post that kind of lie without hating yourself.

      Healing solos, (except when abused with OTHER items in a few certain builds that do no fighting at all,) were fine. There's nothing wrong with a sustain build that can do almost no damage, but in exchange have sustain. Sustain builds for "David and Goliath" scenarios should be fine. I'll agree the chest ratting was a problem but it was a problem that could be fixed by actually changing the old chest system completely to the new chest system, (thereby optimizing their code base by removing redundant systems,) OR by the players being smart and making sure they kill their opponents BEFORE taking down the bosses.

      Instead, this solution was due to lazy development practices to cater to players who don't want to think about how to solve their own problems, that nerfs players who weren't even involved in the problem to begin with not playing HG at all and earning their own chests in SRDs. I'll find out when I log on tonight if that's still possible at all I guess. If thorns don't seriously up the damage output enough to compensate for the lack of sustain, then, I guess I'll at least partially be in the chorus of telling them that they need to fix the balance they've potentially broken.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      If thorns don't seriously up the damage output enough to compensate for the lack of sustain, then, I guess I'll at least partially be in the chorus of telling them that they need to fix the balance they've potentially broken.
      I only briefly tested the thorns spell this morning before work, but it seems god awful. You sacrifice not only your healing (which is sort of the whole point of playing nature), but all of the mobility that came along with being a nature healer. The new thorns has a cast time (which causes you to stop moving), you then have to stand to auto-attack to use the stacks, and the only W ability that really works with it at all is the heal beam (which is an immobile channel).

      And in return for all of that... you get a moderate damage auto attack that you need to refresh every 10 seconds that doesn't rival the Q damage on a fire staff. Like... I just don't see how this could be useful for any sort of content. The old poison thorns was clunky and terrible to use, but somehow they've gone and made it even worse. Aside from soloing as a new player, I can't see where this spell would be useful at all... you sacrifice everything good about nature for substandard DPS option that is clunky to use.

      I did my testing on T6 roaming mobs in wyre forest.

      Edit: The only thing good about this spell is that the animation is awesome. That's about all the spell has going for it.
    • I've tested the druid change and tbh i like a lot this thorn damage change and i'm whiling to go 400/400 druid staff rn.

      The thorn spell deals as much damage per auto as the whispering bow E auto, as a shorter range but has aoe damage, almost getting the thorns permanently (maybe 1 auto without and a .5 cast time and that's all) versus a 10s downtime on whispering while you deal only the bow auto attack damage. Also the fact that you w and e are free for heal/support options it puts you on that supportive/dps role and honnestly i love it. You get way more utility and options than the telegraphed whispering bow. I tested to do group dungeon with a pal. You clear the mobs slower vs a double dps+cultist robe strat but you get that slight safety when a oopsie happen and you can go wilder by pulling more mobs making it even fast for clearing dungeons.

      The sad part about the thorn mechanic versus players and i think there is room to optimise or rethink about it is that every damaging spell on you consumes ur thorn stack and yeah... thoses stacks disapear really fast for almost no damage at all. Imo it either should not consume stack or it consumes but the damage should be higher.

      Otherwise other changes on heal are good honestly
    • Owlsane wrote:

      I've tested the druid change and tbh i like a lot this thorn damage change and i'm whiling to go 400/400 druid staff rn.

      The thorn spell deals as much damage per auto as the whispering bow E auto, as a shorter range but has aoe damage, almost getting the thorns permanently (maybe 1 auto without and a .5 cast time and that's all) versus a 10s downtime on whispering while you deal only the bow auto attack damage. Also the fact that you w and e are free for heal/support options it puts you on that supportive/dps role and honnestly i love it. You get way more utility and options than the telegraphed whispering bow. I tested to do group dungeon with a pal. You clear the mobs slower vs a double dps+cultist robe strat but you get that slight safety when a oopsie happen and you can go wilder by pulling more mobs making it even fast for clearing dungeons.

      The sad part about the thorn mechanic versus players and i think there is room to optimise or rethink about it is that every damaging spell on you consumes ur thorn stack and yeah... thoses stacks disapear really fast for almost no damage at all. Imo it either should not consume stack or it consumes but the damage should be higher.

      Otherwise other changes on heal are good honestly
      For the most part I think I agree with you, the spell is great for PvE but it is severely lacking in PvP. I don't mind that it was switched to Q instead of W because W has the channel heal which I find to be more effective in 1v1, however, yesterday I could reasonably defend and win a fight against a player in 1v1 and today I haven't been able to at all and it would seem that Revitalize now has a 15 second cooldown instead of 7 seconds which effectively negates any impact the additional damage might have had.
    • The changes basically putted the nature healers on the same level as other solo classes.
      Now you have a DPS Q spell, and of course the spam self healing has been nerfed which is good since you needed a really good build played well to counter healers in 1v1.

      On top of that, you say that every other class can solo easily which is completely false. Weapons aren't all designed for solo (tank weapons / support weapons in particular).

      Just adapt to the changes. I'll personnaly try natures since it seems really good to me.
      You are also free to use another kind of weapon for solo (and respec if necessary).

      But telling devs that they suck just because you don't like a rework isn't constructive at all
    • Chronolink wrote:

      For the most part I think I agree with you, the spell is great for PvE but it is severely lacking in PvP. I don't mind that it was switched to Q instead of W because W has the channel heal which I find to be more effective in 1v1, however, yesterday I could reasonably defend and win a fight against a player in 1v1 and today I haven't been able to at all and it would seem that Revitalize now has a 15 second cooldown instead of 7 seconds which effectively negates any impact the additional damage might have had.
      The only problem i can see with the new Q and i talked about earlier is how the stacks disapear so quickly in a pvp situation for a very low damage. Each hit you get is one less stack and you get hit multiples times very quick. So basically imo it either should not lose stack when you get hit for that damage or it loses stacks but the damage should be higher.

      That's just my opinion for somebody that tested yesterday in a pve group dungeon and dive comps as a hybrid heal/dps build.