Laborers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teekon wrote:

Do these become profitable at some point?
      Yes, once you match or exceed the amount of time, effort, and $ expended by the established players. Same applies to almost any other "game scripted" activity. Some scripted activities are guaranteed to be profitable from the start such as growing carrots. But this will not be enough to get you very far, such as earning enough for premium. People use multiple accounts to fund a single premium. Generally, individual accounts are not self-fundable.
    • People don't use multiple accounts to fund a single premium....the whole reason they have and maintain multiple accounts is for the focus, requiring them to have premium on all those characters. If u use the focus correctly it should generate much more than the 9mil for premium..People have multiple chars for extra profit not to fund their Main's premium,which should be able to do that easily itself.
      SUMOS - Pound for Pound Champs of Albion
    • Literally made over 50 million in 2 months with semi-casual play. It can easily be done. Crafty is 100% correct, unless a player gets multiple characters premium one time merely to have access to more islands, it is almost ALWAYS done for the benefits of focus which have heavy payouts for high-tier crafters. If it wasn't sustainable, you wouldn't see people with 3 premium characters all the time, and for the select few crazies with multiple accounts of this.
    • Player112 wrote:

Craftyfire wrote:

People have multiple chars for extra profit not to fund their Main's premium,which should be able to do that easily itself.
      Prove it or it can't be done.
      lmao how about the economy of any serious crafter or refiner? Or crop / animal farmer? Please do some research before u post unhelpful, incorrect information. All I've seen u do on this forum is troll or voice your opinions as facts, which they arent. As a crafter I haven't even needed to give premium to other characters but that's simply because I don't have the time to spend on more characters,so no u don't need multiple characters to fund one premium,to do so is stupid unless they have premium as well...Since FTP I have yet to spend a dime on this game, and have been premium all the way.

Azlen wrote:

Literally made over 50 million in 2 months with semi-casual play. It can easily be done. Crafty is 100% correct, unless a player gets multiple characters premium one time merely to have access to more islands, it is almost ALWAYS done for the benefits of focus which have heavy payouts for high-tier crafters. If it wasn't sustainable, you wouldn't see people with 3 premium characters all the time, and for the select few crazies with multiple accounts of this.
      ^^ thank you a voice of reason
    • Azlen wrote:

Literally made over 50 million in 2 months with semi-casual play. It can easily be done. Crafty is 100% correct, unless a player gets multiple characters premium one time merely to have access to more islands, it is almost ALWAYS done for the benefits of focus which have heavy payouts for high-tier crafters. If it wasn't sustainable, you wouldn't see people with 3 premium characters all the time, and for the select few crazies with multiple accounts of this.
      I have the silver to buy premium. Are you saying I can buy premium and use the account to generate enough to buy another premium? If the answer is no, then you should stop misleading the other beginners.

It make no difference what you can do. Those asking these questions want to know what they can do. They have no intention of spending hundreds of real $ up front to level their skills so that they can make some virtual money. Not everyone sees that as achievement.
    • Player112 wrote:

Azlen wrote:

I have the silver to buy premium. Are you saying I can buy premium and use the account to generate enough to buy another premium? If the answer is no, then you should stop misleading the other beginners.
      It make no difference what you can do. Those asking these questions want to know what they can do. They have no intention of spending hundreds of real $ up front to level their skills so that they can make some virtual money.
      Having seen you on this forum for several months I would hope u can earn AT LEAST enough over the course of a month to pay it back.

I will reiterate I haven't spent hundreds of pounds/dollars on this game.That is simple not needed to level ones skills, I've made profit every step of the way getting my crafting spec, one just has to look closely.

Of course, matters are different now with premium being more expensive but it is still very much possible for a semi casual player (such as me) to profit with premium (or without).
    • Teekon wrote:

Do these become profitable at some point? I remember in beta where MERCS made good money, however I cannot find any updated guide showing if any are worth having at this time with returns etc...

Is there an updated guide on them?
      I wouldn't use mercs if I were u, the returns aren't worth it.If u gather and plan on gathering - use gathering labourers. If u are a crafter then use crafting labourers.Crafting labourers are better imho since there's no cap on how many journals u can fill realistically per day, whereas gathering takes lots of time to fill journals.

Sumos offer lots of advice to newcommers about labourers and islands on our discord, since most of our guild and personal economy is based off of it.

discord.gg/Q55zzS
    • Player112 wrote:

Azlen wrote:

I have the silver to buy premium. Are you saying I can buy premium and use the account to generate enough to buy another premium?
      Yes, plain and simple: Yes.

Having premium makes your next premium Drastically easier to attain.
    • I can cover the cost in 3 days just through my labourers, let alone the crafting itself / other activities.

All u need to do is use and abuse the black market and have several guild/personal islands in caerleon.U don't even have to craft outside of caerleon to profit these days.....Any new player can set this up with enough advice after having made a couple mil from other activities such as gathering or spamming 4.1 for the blackmarket. U can even start ur island network without premium by creating guild islands on several characters.

I haven't even talked about focus....+fame benefits which make crafting easier to lvl (I would pay the cost for that alone)
    • Craftyfire wrote:

I can cover the cost in 3 days just through my labourers, let alone the crafting itself / other activities.

All u need to do is use and abuse the black market and have several guild/personal islands in caerleon.U don't even have to craft outside of caerleon to profit these days.....Any new player can set this up with enough advice after having made a couple mil from other activities such as gathering or spamming 4.1 for the blackmarket. U can even start ur island network without premium by creating guild islands on several characters.
      And just to add on to this for anyone looking at this, this is solid advice, but way out of my personal wheelhouse of what I want to do in the game. To me, all that sounds like a headache and a half, both to set up and maintain. I know from friends and allies in the game, as well as lots of research into money-making methods that this does indeed work, and it's a lot of people's preferred method to make money, but it doesn't suit my play style.

So if someone reads that and thinks "oh heck no I could never do that" or don't want to get involved with caerleon and guild islands and whatnot, there's LOTS of other methods. You just have to find your niche. It could be gathering, it could be ganking, it could be hellgates, it could be blackzone. ALL of these are methods you can do early on, and done well (as in, once you've invested some time into them) can earn money that somewhat rivals some of the bigger grander methods. It's pretty much the whole "It aint much, but it's honest work" meme. Like i'm not joking. I play solo a good amount of time, so it's not group required, big guilds, mega-alliances carrying me or anything like that.
      Albion is, as cliche as it may seem (given all the ad's for it touting this), all about exploring the game and finding your own way in it.
    • Craftyfire wrote:

I can cover the cost in 3 days just through my labourers, let alone the crafting itself / other activities.

I haven't even talked about focus....+fame benefits which make crafting easier to lvl (I would pay the cost for that alone)
      What kind of labourers are those? If what you claim is true then SBI has f*cked up big somewhere.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

Craftyfire wrote:

What kind of labourers are those? If what you claim is true then SBI has f*cked up big somewhere.
      Some people are just skilled at playing the game, in lots of different ways (I don't claim to be one of them). Some people have a knack at finding the best way of doing things.

Even if Craftyfire shared his knowledge with you, you wouldn't be able to put it into practice as you're just too damn stupid.

You don't even seem to be able to take a dump without asking the public 'how do I wipe my arse?'.
    • Player112 wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

(I don't claim to be one of them)
      You would be right. I have never considered you as one of anything. The way you cried over the 40m Saya took told me you had a mind of small capacity.
      If SBI had no trouble with these exploits, then I suppose they wouldn't mind me taking some.
      Hahaha, I didn't cry. I accepted very graciously that I got scammed.

Tell the forum your in-game name - stop hiding behind your anonymity like a little coward.
    • Player112 wrote:

Craftyfire wrote:

Simply a couple of guild + personal islands worth of t6 houses, going onto t8, filled with blacksmith,imbuer and tinker labourers.With labourers u can even afford to take a loss on the actual stuff you are crafting since you will profit from the journals u get.But if u look hard enough there's always ways to profit from just crafting itself, especially when using the blackmarket.

SBI hasn't rly fucked up, this has been a key feature of the game for ages. It's not like I suddenly magically started earning 3mil a day...ive likely invested 10s of millions in my islands since the start of FTP + the time it took to build and upgrade all the houses (which is no joke). That's not to say newcommers can't do the same, just start small like I did and go from there.For more info join our discord above where I'm sure our members will happily pass on the ins and outs.

If ur still sceptical i will happily share a screenshot of the resources I get from my labourers each day,they should come back in 8 hrs...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Craftyfire ().