Mob behavior changes

• Mob behavior changes

While its useful that most mobs (open world) stand in almost the same 5m spots on the map meaning i can memorize paths of egress... perhaps thats not best?

could we have mobs move about a bit more randomly and have bigger movement paths?

What if mobs had increased vision in front of them and reduced behind them? if the direction a mob is facing they could see as far as a player does that would be a game changer.

on top of this and i think some people wont like this but,
      Could mobs have a bigger chase radius... I really dont see why there is even a radius to how far mobs will chase you so long as you do not outrun them... the natural border would be the edge of the zone...
      Perhaps that is excessive but i feel they could chase much farther than they do now.

Consequences of this?

1 paths for entrance and egress to areas for gathering or ganking would be far less predictable

2 even in a area you feel safe from mobs they could wander close enough to begin fighting you if they look in your direction.

3 mob facing matters, sometimes in a mobs path they would perhaps look around because they see better when looking in a direction. This would be compounded if some mobs have better vision behind them, say strong sense of smell for direwolfs so they have a circular vision, while humanoids only see infront of them and a few feet behind them.

4 people would kill more mobs in order to be safe moving through areas - gankers more so - i think while a person running getting attacked by a mob is useful, if it is not predictable then getting to your target could cause issues if you do not clear the zone you will be moving in.

5 if mobs could chase farther groups might run around using a tank to collect 5-6 enemies and have a dps kill them... they do this now so not a big deal.

6 i could see gatherers moving mobs to safer positions before fighting / gathering them to avoid standing in choke points..

7 i could see gankers moving a t7 t8 resource to a choke point and waiting for a gatherer to try to take the resources to jump
    • blappo wrote:

Could mobs have a bigger chase radius... I really dont see why there is even a radius to how far mobs will chase you so long as you do not outrun them... the natural border would be the edge of the zone...

That would be -extremely- annoying. Mob chase radius is already annoying enough. :P

Actually, I wish mobs were rarer and more meaningful. It feels "wrong" to be constantly tripping over trash mobs.
    • Roccandil wrote:

blappo wrote:

That would be -extremely- annoying. Mob chase radius is already annoying enough. :P

Actually, I wish mobs were rarer and more meaningful. It feels "wrong" to be constantly tripping over trash mobs.
      Well in the case they did this, I would hope they would reduce numbers a bit also.

I find mob chase radius to be annoyingly small because they reset while fighting them if you dont stand ontop of them - mostly rhinos who charge out of their radius
      Narratively speaking they small chase radius makes no sense, they should have no different motivation than players chasing you and they will follow you for 5-10 minutes