NDA Graveguard/Guardian Helm Changes

• NDA Graveguard/Guardian Helm Changes

New

As a Curse main, I find the changes to guardian helmet very concerning.

For example, in a 2v2 HG one use can remove 4x curse stacks, any grudge stacks, and heal both players. For a class with a q, w, and e focused around dots, the ability to remove ALL dots on a 30 sec Cooldown is devestating.

The power of removing dots and healing seems to be balanced around playing against a class other than curse. One helmet HARD counters an entire class. Two of these helmets and you might as well only autoattack...

Things that could potentially balance this helmet against curse could be something like:
      Triple the Cooldown
      Limit the number of dots removed, IE 2 each target.
      Reduce the heal based on the number of dots removed, IE -25% heal per dot removed.

With the current popularity of graveguard helmet, this change is a nightmare for curse players...
    • New

Deviator wrote:

30 second CD on Guardian Helmet and a it needs to be used very close to other players to get the AOE applied. I guess you just need to co-ordinate a bit more in your group keeping players separated and time your skills along with stun/silence enemy etc...
      I haven't seen guardian helm used much in 5v5 content which is what it seems to be you are referring to. However, if Curse will ever become meta again, it is likely that the helmet will see some play.

My real concern is where I actually see guardian helm, which is in 2v2 HG's. A lot of healers bring a Guardian Helm in there bag as a switch to use against curse teams. The heal function on Guardian helm is being buffed and the heal function of Graveguard helm is being nerfered. Graveguard is extremely common in 2v2 HG's, these changes are likely to result in MORE Guardian helms being used in 2v2 HG's.

It is common to use a cooldown to counter a cooldown. The issue is that Guardian helmet counters A CLASS. The q is a dot, the two best w's apply dots, and the two staffs relevent in 2v2 function around dots (great curse/1h). A guardian helm is STRONG against curse without a heal. A guardian helm would be functional against curse if you TOOK damage to cleanse dots.

agonyclutch wrote:

lmfao yeah take out the only counter to infernal and curse stfu
      Infernal is played in 5v5 and requires someone to trade one cooldown for another. At the same time, you have to group up, which puts your team at risk. Trading cooldowns is common in this game, this functionality does not seem overpowered to me.

However, the helmet does not function in this fashion against curse. It removes all the damage from q/w/e, the q of which requires stacking over time. In addition to removing all your dots it also heals...

For a helmet with this much power against curse, the heal is totally over the top. It would make more sense for the team using it to take damage based on how many dots is removed. The item appears to be balanced for play against weapons other than curse.

MEATCUP wrote:

Omg curse shills are the worst it’s like saying knight helm killed soulscythe and fiend robe
      In those examples one cooldown is being used to counter another.... This is not the function of the helmet against curse.... It counters the entire class.
    • New

Yeah, if guardian helms start replacing graveguards everywhere, curse players are done in 2v2 or 5v5 content. Guardian helmet already destroys the class, just no one uses it because graveguard is currently better against most other DPS classes which aren't DOT based.

Given that vile curse is the core part of the class, maybe make vile curse un-cleansable.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• New

Abydon wrote:

Correct. Curse on Suicide Watch.

It is alarming how badly they balance things relative to each other.

Guardian needs to lose the ability to remove DoTs.
      lmao everything needs a counter, we watched fire curse heron spear run wild for Damm near 6 months last holiday. I main forge hammers yet grave boots counter all my cc op meh I mean kinda but if I don't have a counter just run 2 forge hammers and dunk the fuck on people
    • New

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Rendeer wrote:

I still think at 15% aoe heal, having cleanse as well is too strong. The cleanse needs to go.
      Maybe replace the cleanse with an resistance buff would be a balanced trade.
      I was thinking something similar, keep the AOE heal and reduce dot damage by something like 50% for 4 seconds. A resistance buff would also work.

This would provide similar functionality to reduce aoe pressure without the complete devestation of removing all dots and fully resetting curse.
    • New

We will have to agree to disagree @Ybnvs. My stance for the cleanse of GuardH is that curse currently sits as an almost unavoidable tick. It stays through cleric, though plate helm class skill, it chases through gates and persists under bubble. It is - right now - unavoidable. You also don’t have to be in range for ticks to roll - unlike all other casters with the exception of fire passive (I think correct me if I’m wrong). Allowing ONE hard counter to the entire class when the curse’s CD to reestablish stacks is likely one or two seconds away is my take away and not going to ruin curse. If curse stacks were on a 7 sec CD or something like that, then I’d likely share your opinion.

I’d like your sentiment on my outlook - A ranged cast with the potential to double stack 2, even 3 guys with a dot, under a root, without any option to mitigate. That’s current curse. I don’t think a 30 sec hat is game breaking.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().

• New

agonyclutch wrote:

lmfao yeah take out the only counter to infernal and curse stfu
      exactly dafuq are they smoking

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Yeah, if guardian helms start replacing graveguards everywhere, curse players are done in 2v2 or 5v5 content. Guardian helmet already destroys the class, just no one uses it because graveguard is currently better against most other DPS classes which aren't DOT based.

Given that vile curse is the core part of the class, maybe make vile curse un-cleansable.
      that's not a bad suggestion.

Rendeer wrote:

I still think at 15% aoe heal, having cleanse as well is too strong. The cleanse needs to go.
      this is clear indication of a bias, are you a curse staff main user? seems likely.

Reason I say it's bias, is that clearly the guardian helmet has two parts:

Part A - Ability to cleanse DOT
      Part B - AOE Heal

but you want the cleanse removed, but haven't suggested keeping the cleanse and removing the aoe heal.

That is also an option if you think Guardian Helmet is overpowered.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion

The post was edited 2 times, last by PenguinSniper ().