Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

    • Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

      So there has been a lot of discussion going around with Graveguard Helmet and Cleric Robe combo and with the devs addressing it I want to bring Cultist Robe into the light and have a discussion on the item.
      In my opinion the item right now is really feast or famine, more specifically if the enemy has a way to stop it you lose and if they don't you win. Of course it's a little bit more complicated than that but that is what it boils down to.

      A lot of variables can be experimented on while keeping the item a powerhouse while at the same time removing that aspect of feeling helpless under certain circumstances and I think the devs should look into it. Just to make it clear I am not asking for a flat numerical nerf but a change that would open more options for someone who is going against someone with this item and give more opportunities to use the ability for people wearing the item.
      .
    • OotOot wrote:

      A lot of variables can be experimented on while keeping the item a powerhouse while at the same time removing that aspect of feeling helpless under certain circumstances and I think the devs should look into it..
      Can you please elaborate on which circumstance is helpless against cultist robe? I'm having trouble thinking of one.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      100/100/90/90 Holy Specs
    • well that cancer comp with gg tombhammer + blazing is pretty op if you have no way to interrupt the cultist robe cast you're f****d. Then can just run forever and do the 6k magic damage combo every time, so you'll pretty much die in most cases or get in trouble and get stuck with low hp, which gives enemies chance to escape through mobs very easily. This comp needs nerf tbh lul
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      Fusionbomb wrote:

      Can you please elaborate on which circumstance is helpless against cultist robe? I'm having trouble thinking of one.
      For something that is supposedly so OP, I'm surprised I haven't been given any examples (of builds/situations) yet.
      I never said it was OP, there are many ways to counter it which makes the ability useless but when used to full potential it makes it too powerful. If you want a build then here is what axe users usually run:
      Halberd or Greataxe or Scythe/Stalker Hood or Scholar Cowl or Hunter Hood/Hellion Jacket or Mercenery Jacket or Soldier Armor/Any boots - Pick any combination of these and you have an axe build.
      Giving you a build is useless tough because this is an open world game. Sure you can gear to counter this specifically and you will win 100% of the time but in practice that will never work because there are many builds you can go against.


      tabooshka wrote:

      McDobs wrote:

      Right because healing to full life AND energy with a single button and being invulnerable to physical damage is not OP... and it is in perfect balance with other cloth armors...
      right, because something being interrupable and essentially stunning yourself doesnt allow you for any counter play lmfao

      also its cloth and merc jacket builds beat it easily 1v1
      That is why I said the item is feast or famine, you have a counter, great now that ability is dead but if not then gg you die go regear because you had no option.
    • OotOot wrote:

      If you want a build then here is what axe users usually run:Halberd or Greataxe or Scythe/Stalker Hood or Scholar Cowl or Hunter Hood/Hellion Jacket or Mercenery Jacket or Soldier Armor/Any boots - Pick any combination of these and you have an axe build.
      Scholar cowl is a hard counter. If running a hood, then I would think merc/hellion jacket would also be a nice counter. If soldier armor with hood, then you would probably need fiend sandals (use Run if needed in other fights).

      I think cultist robe is only OP if you don't know how it works, but that can be said for a lot of items (hunter hood/great nature/etc). It's a niche item, just like many others.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      100/100/90/90 Holy Specs

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Fusionbomb ().

    • Merc jacket only heals when you damage an enemy, so it would not heal while levitate is being used because axes primarily deal physical damage. Merc jacket lasts 8 sec, levitate 5. You would need to do 15 hits in 3 seconds to fully utilize the effect which is quite difficult even with axes.
      Hellion jacket, I am not sure if it does magic or physical but even if it would heal for full amount it would still be lower than levitate heal.
      Scholar cowl I assume you are referring to using force field but I don't think you understand how mana hungry axes are, that change is not possible.

      I am not saying it's OP and I understand how it works. I play swords and it's easy, just use parry or interrupt when they use it and I got myself a cultist robe. From this point of view I can argue that the item is underpowered because there is no way to use the item.

      That is what I am trying to say here. The item is feast or famine because in one scenario you can't do anything about it and the value of the ability wins you the duel but in the other scenario you can't even use the ability because it will get instantly countered and you lose a fight with a very expensive setup. That is why I am suggesting something done to it so it's not an auto win or auto lose. Looking at the meta I would say it's not worth using it because chances are you get yourself in the second scenario more often than first but it sucks being at the receiving end of the first one.
    • OotOot wrote:

      Scholar cowl I assume you are referring to using force field but I don't think you understand how mana hungry axes are, that change is not possible.
      Then why did you list 2 other options for a headpiece in an axe build? A better cape, crab omelettes, cloth shoes... all potential ways to help with mana.

      I also think it can be outplayed utilizing the heal reduxes in addition to a well timed damage spike. In the case that the caster got the entire channel off, I would say that could also allow you to run and reset the fight or flee entirely. As you mentioned, some items are just hard counters, but that robe makes it hard to chase someone.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      100/100/90/90 Holy Specs
    • tabooshka wrote:

      McDobs wrote:

      Right because healing to full life AND energy with a single button and being invulnerable to physical damage is not OP... and it is in perfect balance with other cloth armors...
      right, because something being interrupable and essentially stunning yourself doesnt allow you for any counter play lmfao

      also its cloth and merc jacket builds beat it easily 1v1
      I've never lost to anyone wearing a merc jacket in the OW or in a duel while using the cultist robe. You out sustain them twice over.
    • Its not immune to magic dmg during the heal.. Just over power the heal with magic burst or dots. It is still a top pick though for duelists.. almost every duelist uses a cult robe or helm as well, its just very broken at first until someone comes with a stun ability or int or more magic dmg. (Still cancer to fight regardless of all this 1v1)
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • McDobs wrote:

      Если кто-то может позволить себе привести ситуацию в PvP, я аплодирую им!
      I will give an example easily. absolutely any axes will fall to their knees, because the СС - 0. All that they can farm and die

      McDobs wrote:

      cultist is OP, but it is also REALLY expensive so at least you won't see many newbs run with it and pwn with 10spec on weapon like graveguard+cleric sh**t.

      If someone can afford to bring it in a PvP situation, I applaud them!
    • OotOot wrote:

      So there has been a lot of discussion going around with Graveguard Helmet and Cleric Robe combo and with the devs addressing it I want to bring Cultist Robe into the light and have a discussion on the item.
      In my opinion the item right now is really feast or famine, more specifically if the enemy has a way to stop it you lose and if they don't you win. Of course it's a little bit more complicated than that but that is what it boils down to.

      A lot of variables can be experimented on while keeping the item a powerhouse while at the same time removing that aspect of feeling helpless under certain circumstances and I think the devs should look into it. Just to make it clear I am not asking for a flat numerical nerf but a change that would open more options for someone who is going against someone with this item and give more opportunities to use the ability for people wearing the item.
      .
      Why exactly are you asking for a Cultist Robe nerf?

      You have clearly shown that it is not an item that will make a player godlike and without risk, and others in this thread have pointed out it is only invulnerable to physical hits, so Cultist Robe has a risk against crossbow users who can do an easy knockback with low cooldowns, even a Holy staff has a knockback, Interrupts on Swords will cancel it as you pointed out yourself, and magic will cut right through levitate. WIth enough magic damage against you, the biggest mistake a player could make is using Levitate skill. It even sets them up to be unable to dodge a long charge magic attack.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion

      The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().