Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• moking wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

moking wrote:

Becasue you know your wrong , and cant rationalize your position.
      ....can YOU rationalize why Im wrong? Hah...

moking wrote:

And for the love of god stop repeating the same nonsense that I already thouroughly debunked.
      wait... I thought thats what you've been doing this entire thread? And I've debunked your arguments (along with many other posters in this thread) over and over?

moking wrote:

That just because a counter exist does not mean an item is balanced.
      Sure, if only 1 counter exists, it may not be a feasible one. But when you literally have like 10+ counters.... cheap ones too...

Neef wrote:

I would call that fair and balanced and if I lost a 500k robe over a 5k helm I would be pretty mad.
      Oh man, I've been there. I hate losing a cultist robe to players who have a brain. That is the reason I never use Cultist robes period. And I've lost so many during the Solo archer farming days.... getting oneshot by Boltcaster's E (the channeling duration oneshot) while silenced from their W for 6 sec was bad enough....
      Not a single rational response to any of those quotes. Good job. And stop with the "many other posters" nonsense you all repeating the exact same illogical argument over and over again. Then patting each other on the back with a like. HURR.. DURR ME SMART. Obviously many counters exist for many different items, across several different types.
      You would have to be an idiot, to think that an interrupt counts as many counters. The game is balanced around counter play , not counter items, you toddler. This combined with power budgets. Cultist robe counter is an Interrupt .That's ONE COUNTER. Of course there are many different ways to interrupt a target expressed through different items . But the counter stays the same AN INTERRUPT.

And you didn't debunk shit. You literally repeated the same thing over and over gain, without quoting a single argument from my last post where I thoroughly explained it to you. Obviously if you did read it you wouldn't be repeating the same thing.

The truth is you did read it. You just have no argument, you realized that and decided to go with the same premise I started the conversation with debunking.

SO ...LET ..ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN.. BUT....SLOWLY...FOR ….YOU TO COMPREHEND....

JUST...... BECAUSE...…. THERE...... IS A COUNTER...…. DOES NOT MEAN...…. THAT AN …...ITEM IS BALANCED.
      But interrupts is a basic hard counter to anything.. Seems pretty balanced to me. If you dont have a interrupt skill on a weapon you brought then shame on you for not being prepared for a cult robe. "HURR DERRR ME STUPID NOW" ~Nya
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Warbow build against cultist = dead
      Normal bow against cultist = dead
      Pike build against cultist = dead
      Trinity build against cultist = dead
      Any axe build against cultist = dead
      Im talking about very popular builds here.

Only way to counter cultist build is: To use any weapon that has any CC on W or E(Sword 1º W, dagger 5º W, spirit hunter E, Hero spear E, Glaive E, crossbows, hammers, maces). Or use some magic weapon. Or use some gear that has any CC(royal helmet, judicator helmet, demon helmet, hellion hood (...)).

If you dont have any, you are dead. And, there is a loooooooot of build that dont fix in that.

The point is, that robe create a very unfair situation. Or you have a chance or you havent. Imagine then Cutist robe + specter hood. Cultist robe are costing 500k on market. This is not a coincidence. People know that it is a very OP gear. Everyone want to use it. High demand.
      To decrease that unfair situation, that robe must be vulnerable to phisical dmg too.
    • ViniColen wrote:

Warbow build against cultist = dead

Only way to counter cultist build is: To use any weapon that has any CC on W or E(Sword 1º W, dagger 5º W, spirit hunter E, Hero spear E, Glaive E, crossbows, hammers, maces). Or use some magic weapon. Or use some gear that has any CC(royal helmet, judicator helmet, demon helmet, hellion hood (...)).

If you dont have any, you are dead. And, there is a loooooooot of build that dont fix in that.

The point is, that robe create a very unfair situation. Or you have a chance or you havent. Imagine then Cutist robe + specter hood. Cultist robe are costing 500k on market. This is not a coincidence. People know that it is a very OP gear. Everyone want to use it. High demand.
      To decrease that unfair situation, that robe must be vulnerable to phisical dmg too.
      I think you missed my whole post about the 5k cloth helm that you can bring to counter this 500k item with all thoses builds. If you don't plan on a 500k cultist robe with a 5k cloth helm well maybe you should = dead. Also the main pike build can stop the channel with demon helm =O
    • Neef wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

I think you missed my whole post about the 5k cloth helm that you can bring to counter this 500k item with all thoses builds. If you don't plan on a 500k cultist robe with a 5k cloth helm well maybe you should = dead. Also the main pike build can stop the channel with demon helm =O
      1)If you need to bring another set just to prevent one set, means that set are OP. Or you want to everyone brings sets to counter every set in game?
      2)All builds are pre-maded. I mean, to change something inside your build will decrease your "yield" in fight, because your build was pre-determinated. One gear completes the another one, to became your final set.
      3)You cant change your set in fight. For the case if i dont saw the cultist robe player coming, or if he cames later.
      4)You said at your previous topic that is very easy to counter cultist robe. That every set has a way to counter it. I wrote above some examples of set that doesnt have a way to counter it.. Theres a lot of more.. And, even if you have one CC, you will lose to Specter hood+cultist build. If you have 2 CC, isnt that easy. Player can use their skills.. They can run, they can be invisible(undead cape, deathgivers), they can use CC too(fire wall) and more and more....

Remember, if were so easy, that robe wouldnt cost 500k. The rate of win using that thing is huge. Must be nerfed.
    • - You can change spells before battle :rolleyes:
      - The fact it cost 500k and the win rate of using it is "huge" is simply because of people being stubborn on sticking to their comfort zone. If people bring stuff to counter them it wouldn't cost 500k :rolleyes:
      - You don't even need a cc if you play arround your cd and his cd or if you play around the map correctly. (Some will understand what i mean by that) :rolleyes:
      - You actually don't need to invest a lot of silver in a cc gear (9k for a t6 cloth cowl for example) :rolleyes:
      - The only moment i see a cultist being above average successful is on 1v1 scenarios and 2v2 (hg), though even hg i'm doubting it's that much successfull since you can have one shot comps (pike with demon helm... how surprising), double warbow, rats, double healer, etc...etc...). The fact that is has some succes in 1v1 is because of people not bringing cc. If people would at least bring one cc the cultist robe wouldn't cost 500k, maybe 150k at most... :rolleyes:
      - You rarely see this robe being used on GvG, Arena, ZvZ, well everything that has a party of 3 or more basically. I don't know man, cc is real :rolleyes:

The circlejerk of stuborness is real :rolleyes:

Before i have kids that claim i am a cultist robe fanboi, no i hate the design, i only use it on fame farm gimmicks, i think for what it provide it gives to much constraint (same feel as @Captainrussia, i feel using a merc jacket and a guardian helmet provides way much options than a cultist robe itself). I honnestly don't even care if it gets nerfed or buffed.

I rather see SBI working on new Q's, new W's and rework some underused/unusued spells on weapons rather than circlejerk about nerfing stuff because crybabies whine on this forum. (since a new Q or a new W can potentially shut down a cultist depending on what SBI decide to do)

CULTIST IS ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY NOT A PRIO FOR ANY CHANGE WHATSOEVER.

Now go back to the game and begin to bring adequate spell in your dungeon. You will see a lot more succes with that. :rolleyes:
    • I actually thought swords could deal with that robe just fine, seems even them get caught if they're not careful eh? it's weird that the robe is so expensive when a very popular weapon can nullify it, but that kinda explains it.

Guess every other melee player should leave their home thinking of a single piece of gear guys, not even a build, just a single chest piece. Seems extremely balanced to me, i don't know whats the problem.
    • I am not one that feels the cultist robe is drastically OP but I do always dislike seeing people use the bring other gear or swap spells argument around gear. MOST of the time your opponent is not going to be like sure friend go ahead swap spells quick and I will sit over here and wait for you to be ready. Swapping can work at times in 2s gates but doing so in dungeons/open world situations is not very reliable. However with all that said as a player if you are running into a fair amount of cultist robe builds that you are struggling killing it would only make sense for you to make sure you start bringing something as part of your kit up front to deal with it to begin with.
    • ViniColen wrote:

Neef wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

1)If you need to bring another set just to prevent one set, means that set are OP. Or you want to everyone brings sets to counter every set in game?2)All builds are pre-maded. I mean, to change something inside your build will decrease your "yield" in fight, because your build was pre-determinated. One gear completes the another one, to became your final set.
      3)You cant change your set in fight. For the case if i dont saw the cultist robe player coming, or if he cames later.
      4)You said at your previous topic that is very easy to counter cultist robe. That every set has a way to counter it. I wrote above some examples of set that doesnt have a way to counter it.. Theres a lot of more.. And, even if you have one CC, you will lose to Specter hood+cultist build. If you have 2 CC, isnt that easy. Player can use their skills.. They can run, they can be invisible(undead cape, deathgivers), they can use CC too(fire wall) and more and more....

Remember, if were so easy, that robe wouldnt cost 500k. The rate of win using that thing is huge. Must be nerfed.
      I mean is 1 cheap cheap helm a whole set? I understand the frustration from cultist robe but there isn't much the devs can do without totally changing how the spell works in total, Short of adding a intrupt to all weapons, The fact remains that the whole game isnt running around in cultist robes I mean hell the only place I see cultist robe mainly is in an arena and well you can bring an intrupt for that or switch gear there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

Neef wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

1)If you need to bring another set just to prevent one set, means that set are OP. Or you want to everyone brings sets to counter every set in game?2)All builds are pre-maded. I mean, to change something inside your build will decrease your "yield" in fight, because your build was pre-determinated. One gear completes the another one, to became your final set.3)You cant change your set in fight. For the case if i dont saw the cultist robe player coming, or if he cames later.

I mean is 1 cheap cheap helm a whole set? I understand the frustration from cultist robe but there isn't much the devs can do without totally changing how the spell works in total, Short of adding a intrupt to all weapons, The fact remains that the whole game isnt running around in cultist robes I mean hell the only place I see cultist robe mainly is in an arena and well you can bring an intrupt for that or switch gear there.
      oh, there is a lot easy things..

1) remove the immunity, same as nature W or holy W
      2) if this is not sufficient, increase channeling duration for same heal..
    • ViniColen wrote:

plz list at least 1 build (not just the wep) that you think can't win against cultist robe
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

plz list at least 1 build (not just the wep) that you think can't win against cultist robe
      any of the builds, if it builds for it.. give all of these builds Judi knock up boots and u good to go..but nobody does it, cause it makes no sense vs all the other builds..