Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Captainrussia wrote:

Now this is a stupid argument. You know why? Saying that "nuclear wepons are not op because we have missle defense systems no need for nuclear disarment" would actually be true, if and only if every country in the world had missle defense systems (anti-nuclear ones). But they do not. So this is a perfect example of something actually being OP - as there is no counter. Very few countries actually have proper and capable anti-nuclear defense systems. And that is the core of the problem.
      No you just proved you didn't understand the argument. Nuclear weapons are still inherently "op" because of the requirement of having these systems and the strain it would put on less developed nations economy, some simply cant afford it. But the inherent power of the nuke is still soo powerful that these systems were designed to engage them at multiple max ranges, if u think a nuclear missile was shot at Africa and nothing would be done about you clearly don't know how they work.

cultist robe has inherent power that forces players , especially melee to build sub -optimally just to engage that robe, because if you don't it just wins. Why does it win , because it just wins. That's not what we call balanced on any scale.

Captainrussia wrote:

Uuuugh... no. Items are balanced exactly BECAUSE there is a counter. It would be IMBALANCED if there was no counter. Now - you refusing to use the counter, or refusing to figure out a way to find multiple counters - is your own (stubborn?) issue.

Oh and please tell me where I can find an entire group wearing these! I need to renew my Premium soon
      Actually items are balanced around a power budget , and having a counter. But when the power budget exceeds the threshold the counter becomes pointless to have , when the item is soo broken. The best example of this is the grave guard cleric robe meta, sure you could counter it, purge the cleric robe , don't hit him , all the usual low iq suggestions. But guess what it was still inherently broken , because the power budget exceeded the initial design for those items. It made it so that if u didn't perfectly and I mean perfectly counter it you just lose their is no gameplay mechanics you just lose. Hence the reason why it was removed from the game, as I said it needed to be when the problem first arrived. And it does not surprise me at All THAT THE SAME PEOPLE DEFENDING CULTIST ROBE ARE THE SAME geniuses that thought cleric robe combo was 'BALANCED" you guys don't understand game design at all.
    • moking wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Now this is a stupid argument. You know why? Saying that "nuclear wepons are not op because we have missle defense systems no need for nuclear disarment" would actually be true, if and only if every country in the world had missle defense systems (anti-nuclear ones). But they do not. So this is a perfect example of something actually being OP - as there is no counter. Very few countries actually have proper and capable anti-nuclear defense systems. And that is the core of the problem.
      No you just proved you didn't understand the argument. Nuclear weapons are still inherently "op" because of the requirement of having these systems and the strain it would put on less developed nations economy, some simply cant afford it. But the inherent power of the nuke is still soo powerful that these systems were designed to engage them at multiple max ranges, if u think a nuclear missile was shot at Africa and nothing would be done about you clearly don't know how they work.
      cultist robe has inherent power that forces players , especially melee to build sub -optimally just to engage that robe, because if you don't it just wins. Why does it win , because it just wins. That's not what we call balanced on any scale.

Captainrussia wrote:

Uuuugh... no. Items are balanced exactly BECAUSE there is a counter. It would be IMBALANCED if there was no counter. Now - you refusing to use the counter, or refusing to figure out a way to find multiple counters - is your own (stubborn?) issue.

Oh and please tell me where I can find an entire group wearing these! I need to renew my Premium soon
      Actually items are balanced around a power budget , and having a counter. But when the power budget exceeds the threshold the counter becomes pointless to have , when the item is soo broken. The best example of this is the grave guard cleric robe meta, sure you could counter it, purge the cleric robe , don't hit him , all the usual low iq suggestions. But guess what it was still inherently broken , because the power budget exceeded the initial design for those items. It made it so that if u didn't perfectly and I mean perfectly counter it you just lose their is no gameplay mechanics you just lose. Hence the reason why it was removed from the game, as I said it needed to be when the problem first arrived. And it does not surprise me at All THAT THE SAME PEOPLE DEFENDING CULTIST ROBE ARE THE SAME geniuses that thought cleric robe combo was 'BALANCED" you guys don't understand game design at all.
      You still have to address the fact that culist robe is worthless if you do have a way to stop a channel which everyone has an option to do that and I mean EASY options to stop the channel therefor making it do nothing this was not the case with cleric and graveguard which made it OP. Its simple you stop the channel you win but yeah its OP....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• moking wrote:

cultist robe has inherent power that forces players , especially melee to build sub -optimally
      You have a plethora of items and weapon that has something that can fuck with this spell.

Melee build sub-optimally my ass...

For example cloth cowl has the pushing back spell, you can basically bring a t6 mage cowl (9k silver) to fuck with a 400k chest item.

If he takes specter hood? well he just wasted 2 high CD while you juste have to kite him to get all of your weapon cd's back. He has no trump card left you completely won this machup. He lost 600k sub-optimal build vs 9k cheap cloth cowl.

EDIT :
      - Vast majority of axes takes scolar cowl so you can basically switch spell if you're against a cultist user or not. So now there is no excuses avaliable for axes user.
      - Swords has a 10s cd to fuck with cultist robe on the w spell so you can ALSO switch spell if you are against a cultist. No excuses for swords either.

Definetly no need to sub-optimal build with pricey stuff to fuck with cultist. Cry me a river now.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Owlsane ().

• Allow me to explain why it having a counter, is not an excuse for leaving it in its current state. The same way I explained Cleric robe combo, I will do this slowly for the learning impaired.

Cultist Robe :

Health reset +

Mana reset +

100% damage reduction + This excludes and includes full channel.

you get all of this on a 45s cooldown on a cloth chest piece. Your basically a walking battle droid with high damage, tankyness, sustain and massive amount of utility through clever uses of the levitate.

Now because it excludes and includes the channel cultist robe users still benefit from the heal and mana regen even if you interrupt them. They will still gain a good portion of health and mana to the next rotation of the cultist robe. Not to mention if you factor in ranged combat and mobility a cultist robe can be used in and out of position at will as a result.

What does this mean ? it means that cultist robes players don't have to factor in positioning, but if they do then your interrupt doesn't me shit. Hence the reason why you see a ton of undead capes on cultist robes.

So no its not in line with every other item of the same teir. Because you have to play perfectly against it, while the other guy ca just roll his face on his keyboard with what ever weapon he chooses(typically ranged ) out dps you , out heal you , out tank you, and force you to slot in a pure utility spell just to deal with a 45s cooldown skill, that is not even guaranteed to be interrupted if the cultist robe payer decides to kite you (melee) or just nuke you(ranged).

No other item in the game punishes you this hard for not countering it, while also bringing the counter.YOU CANT NAME ME SAINGLE ITEM OF THE SAME CLAIBER NOT A SINGLE ONE ESPECIALLY IN THE CLOTH LINE.

Listen imagine if soldier armor could heal, gave you 100 stacks of fury, absorbed nearby mana up till 80%, and slowed nearby targets by 20%.

You would say wow that's overpowered. Not but butbubt but btu but .. it can be purged , it has a counter, its expensive though ...hurr durr .This player base I swear.

No body should be punished that hard for not interrupting someone.

If it was balanced it would be, oh I didn't interrupt him well , he now I get punished he gets to recover some of his health and repostion.

Not ' OH NO HE GET ALL HIS HEALTH BACK ALL HIS MANA BACK, REDUCES 100% OF MY DAMAGE, AND NOW ALL OF MY SKILL ARE ON COOLDOWN AND ALL OF HIS ARE BACK UP AGAIN.OPPS SORRY TEAM.

Why dod you think cultist robe is banned from most locally hosted dueling tournaments in this game? its not fair its not balanced, its not fun having to kill somone twice ( spector hood). Its not interesting as a mechanic to watch , nor does it punish the cultist robe user for bad position.You are playing their game not the other way around. RETROMAN PLS REWORK THE SPELL.
    • Owlsane wrote:

moking wrote:

cultist robe has inherent power that forces players , especially melee to build sub -optimally
      You have a plethora of items and weapon that has something that can fuck with this spell.
      Melee build sub-optimally my ass...

For example cloth cowl has the pushing back spell, you can basically bring a t6 mage cowl (9k silver) to fuck with a 400k chest item.

If he takes specter hood? well he just wasted 2 high CD while you juste have to kite him to get all of your weapon cd's back. He has no trump card left you completely won this machup. He lost 600k sub-optimal build vs 9k cheap cloth cowl.

EDIT :
      - Vast majority of axes takes scolar cowl so you can basically switch spell if you're against a cultist user or not. So now there is no excuses avaliable for axes user.
      - Swords has a 10s cd to fuck with cultist robe on the w spell so you can ALSO switch spell if you are against a cultist. No excuses for swords either.

Definetly no need to sub-optimal build with pricey stuff to fuck with cultist. Cry me a river now.
      You do realize that a cultist robe player can choose when to use levitate right? like what don't u understand. HURR DURR I brought my knock back hood I guess I just win. The cultist player just gonna stand their levitate at exactly when I tell him to, stand exactly where I want and levitate and I will 200 iq knock him back. LMAO. OMG.SERIOUSLY.

Congrats if melee u just created distance for him, if ur ranged good luck bopping him from … from ranged. And if your both congratulation u have no defensive helm, nor offensive helm, to deal with the high dps that will be coming from the base stats of the robe, you dun played yourself.

And pls im high spec sword, I can tell you right now if u slot in interrupt to deal with just a cultist robe , you will be out dpsed before u even get in range. Not to mention the animation time on the interrupt still allows for the cultist robe user to gain a good portion of health back. And if you use your e the cultist robe player just negated 100% of your damage and still gets to kill you.

THE ONLY WORLD WHERE THAT WORKS IF THE CULTIST ROBE PLAYER IS ALLOWING YOU TO INTERRUPT HIM BY PLAYING SOMETHING SUBOPTIMAL THAT DOESNT COMPLIMENT THE ROBE.And even still if played decently the cultist should get 2 - 3/4 of the robe channeled before the interrupt.
    • So you're high spec sword and still can't figure out how to play against it? They can't create distance because melee jump on you stick to the target hard enough to force you on that cultist. I know too well how the sword and axe work players brain works. Why do you lie to people?

Imagine you're so mad at someone daring to give you genuine cheap counters option to deal with cultist you have to post 2 time to tell basically the same thing?

moking wrote:

Why dod you think cultist robe is banned from most locally hosted dueling tournaments in this game? its not fair its not balanced
      Never heard of that rule. Tell me who hosted thoses dueling tournaments.
    • I have come to the fact that the poster is totally nuts and nothing I say will matter. Also you can stop the channel before he gets really any HP or Mana at all from his channel you just must stop the channel right when he starts it. But right thats too hard for you no skilled players. The fact still remains that every player can stop this channel RIGHT AWAY and give me a break on the ranged bullshit if you can't stay ontop of the ranged player as melee well you just SUCK because I stay on ranged targets almost 100% of the time as I am a sword player. To the man that says if you run intrupt on your W your losing DPS and will get shit on dude your fucking stupid because the W intrupt is good and does do good DMG with a low ass cooldown PLUS bonus dmg on attack with stacks. Im sry you do not know how to play and just want to cry over a easly stoppable channel for an item that only a few players run. Again I bet your not mad when you loot that 500k chest.

PS. Also the channel is so long you could just walk away from the fight while they are channeling and just mount. Also if they are ranged they must stop to channel which means you can close the gap easy if they are out of range and stop the channel then or simply mount and leave.

PS. The culist robe has been the same for HOW LONG? People are just mad because they lost there easy option intrupt on parry.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

I have come to the fact that the poster is totally nuts and nothing I say will matter. Also you can stop the channel before he gets really any HP or Mana at all from his channel you just must stop the channel right when he starts it. But right thats too hard for you no skilled players. The fact still remains that every player can stop this channel RIGHT AWAY and give me a break on the ranged bullshit if you can't stay ontop of the ranged player as melee well you just SUCK because I stay on ranged targets almost 100% of the time as I am a sword player. To the man that says if you run intrupt on your W your losing DPS and will get shit on dude your fucking stupid because the W intrupt is good and does do good DMG with a low ass cooldown PLUS bonus dmg on attack with stacks. Im sry you do not know how to play and just want to cry over a easly stoppable channel for an item that only a few players run. Again I bet your not mad when you loot that 500k chest.

PS. Also the channel is so long you could just walk away from the fight while they are channeling and just mount. Also if they are ranged they must stop to channel which means you can close the gap easy if they are out of range and stop the channel then or simply mount and leave.

PS. The culist robe has been the same for HOW LONG? People are just mad because they lost there easy option intrupt on parry.
      total nonsense

Item may exist for long time.. but other items change and suddenly something is best in class even if it was there for long time and did not change...

Look after sword changed warbow is suddenly insane good open world even not touched at all ... But all the other, nature and sword got heavy hit..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Neef wrote:

I have come to the fact that the poster is totally nuts and nothing I say will matter. Also you can stop the channel before he gets really any HP or Mana at all from his channel you just must stop the channel right when he starts it. But right thats too hard for you no skilled players. The fact still remains that every player can stop this channel RIGHT AWAY and give me a break on the ranged bullshit if you can't stay ontop of the ranged player as melee well you just SUCK because I stay on ranged targets almost 100% of the time as I am a sword player. To the man that says if you run intrupt on your W your losing DPS and will get shit on dude your fucking stupid because the W intrupt is good and does do good DMG with a low ass cooldown PLUS bonus dmg on attack with stacks. Im sry you do not know how to play and just want to cry over a easly stoppable channel for an item that only a few players run. Again I bet your not mad when you loot that 500k chest.

total nonsense
      Item may exist for long time.. but other items change and suddenly something is best in class even if it was there for long time and did not change...

Look after sword changed warbow is suddenly insane good open world even not touched at all ... But all the other, nature and sword got heavy hit..
      I don't know what your talking about but Warbow has always been great in the open world. Still doesnt change the fact that the culist robe channel can be stopped so easy and make the R worthless in the process.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Feels like people's brain changes to forgot their warbow / cultist matchup.

Imagine if people are willing to take the needed spells (again there is like 36 000 possibilities) instead of circlejerking around their ego of staying to the confort zone, cultist would be bad, same as warbow (and we would see topic of warbows and cultist crybabies talking about buffing their shit).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• moking wrote:

And pls im high spec sword, I can tell you right now if u slot in interrupt to deal with just a cultist robe , you will be out dpsed before u even get in range. Not to mention the animation time on the interrupt still allows for the cultist robe user to gain a good portion of health back. And if you use your e the cultist robe player just negated 100% of your damage and still gets to kill you.
      @Equart the prognosis is a tough one on this patient. Man, I don't know if we have enough time to save him?
      On a serious note - if you want to skyrocket your YT channel views, make a "how to counter cultist robe" video (with any combination of weapons/items - but since you're already high spec sword, figured that would be the easiest one to make). I would, but Im too low sword spec and Im already working on "how to beat Guardian helmet as 1h Curse" to save another poster on these forums, who shall not be named ;)

Owlsane wrote:

Must be the same guys who all wear Cultist robes as the whole team per moking's earlier comment.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

moking wrote:

@Equart the prognosis is a tough one on this patient. Man, I don't know if we have enough time to save him?On a serious note - if you want to skyrocket your YT channel views, make a "how to counter cultist robe" video (with any combination of weapons/items - but since you're already high spec sword, figured that would be the easiest one to make). I would, but Im too low sword spec and Im already working on "how to beat Guardian helmet as 1h Curse" to save another poster on these forums, who shall not be named ;)

Owlsane wrote:

Must be the same guys who all wear Cultist robes as the whole team per moking's earlier comment.
      hmm, I am sure, there is some video on the internet where some noobs on guardian helmet are killed by high spec curse..

So maybe you can safe time on your guide and use this??

Captain, I remember our last discussion about bows not even a month ago where I had to explain u smartcast that the bow not moves back while frostshot backwards to move your self forward..btw.. have you managed to achieve that meanwhile on your bow??

That's why I believe a video on the internet is similar usefully..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Captain, I remember our last discussion about bows not even a month ago where I had to explain u smartcast that the bow not moves back while frostshot backwards to move your self forward..btw.. have you managed to achieve that meanwhile on your bow??
      Are you sure you were talking to me? I checked my Forum PMs and Discord, and I don't remember having such a convo. And I only started bows when the Avalonian Invasion began. And I already knew that you could use Frost Short as a blink forward...

I am not a fan of bows, but thats a whole different discussion. Im not crying to buff bows (because Im not good with them) nor am I crying for nerfs. Just trying to continue learning the items the way they are in the current state...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

moking wrote:

@Equart the prognosis is a tough one on this patient. Man, I don't know if we have enough time to save him?On a serious note - if you want to skyrocket your YT channel views, make a "how to counter cultist robe" video (with any combination of weapons/items - but since you're already high spec sword, figured that would be the easiest one to make). I would, but Im too low sword spec and Im already working on "how to beat Guardian helmet as 1h Curse" to save another poster on these forums, who shall not be named ;)

Owlsane wrote:

Nice rebuttal, oh wait you don't have anargument.Becasue you know your wrong , and cant rationalize your position.And for the love of god stop repeating the same nonsense that I already thouroughly debunked. So let me re iterate for a third time , for owl.That just because a counter exist does not mean an item is balanced.This is basic game design.A toddler could comprehend it.
    • moking wrote:

Nice rebuttal, oh wait you don't have anargument.Becasue you know your wrong , and cant rationalize your position.And for the love of god stop repeating the same nonsense that I already thouroughly debunked. So let me re iterate for a third time , for owl.That just because a counter exist does not mean an item is balanced.This is basic game design.A toddler could comprehend it.
      36'000 counters* so completely balanced.

Keep trying and keep circlejerk on your ego of staying on your same stubborn build.
    • When an item has a ton of counters with easy access to all players that makes the item 100% do nothing with its "r" ability I would call that balanced. If you cannot stop the channel when its first used then your doing something wrong. If you are not using something to stop that channel you are doing something wrong because you are given many options to do so and if you do not switch with an inspect after finding out your going to fight a cultist then well again thats your fault. Everytime i go out I think about all the items I can counter before I go out. So knowning that I may run into a cultist robe I bring something that can stop that because well a 5k cowl can stop a 500k item period. I would call that fair and balanced and if I lost a 500k robe over a 5k helm I would be pretty mad. So yes you can stop with the crying.
    • moking wrote:

Becasue you know your wrong , and cant rationalize your position.
      can YOU rationalize why Im wrong? Hah...

moking wrote:

And for the love of god stop repeating the same nonsense that I already thouroughly debunked.
      wait... I thought thats what you've been doing this entire thread? And I've debunked your arguments (along with many other posters in this thread) over and over?

moking wrote:

That just because a counter exist does not mean an item is balanced.
      Sure, if only 1 counter exists, it may not be a feasible one. But when you literally have like 10+ counters.... cheap ones too...

Neef wrote:

I would call that fair and balanced and if I lost a 500k robe over a 5k helm I would be pretty mad.
      Oh man, I've been there. I hate losing a cultist robe to players who have a brain. That is the reason I never use Cultist robes period. And I've lost so many during the Solo archer farming days.... getting oneshot by Boltcaster's E (the channeling duration oneshot) while silenced from their W for 6 sec was bad enough....
    • Personally, I think that although there are counters for every item and cultist, it should get a light nerf. The minimum is the healing delay with channeling by 1s (number and overall healing time unchanged). Why? Any player with at least 2 brain cells is able to get enough distance to use part of the treatment from the item before such a player with a sword will be able to interrupt them. I used to play the sword against the users of this robe, as well as with the crossbow and the cultist doing it against. All you need is a knock back shoot before starting levitation and has at least half a hp, even though your opponent has prepared a counterattack. Let's set one thing, since something is a counter prepared especially for a given opponent, it should give an advantage, in the case of melee classes in opposition to the opponent from cultist robe, who at least a little effort instead of standing like a bot, (put firewall, root, knockback etc all ranged weapons have tools) is at a loss for the position.Therefore, in my opinion, she deserves a small but well-deserved nerf, such as the delay in treatment I mentioned, allowing the reaction of a melee character.

// I apologize in advance for any mistakes, English is not my native language.//
    • Niefart wrote:

Personally, I think that although there are counters for every item and cultist, it should get a light nerf. The minimum is the healing delay with channeling by 1s (number and overall healing time unchanged). Why? Any player with at least 2 brain cells is able to get enough distance to use part of the treatment from the item before such a player with a sword will be able to interrupt them. I used to play the sword against the users of this robe, as well as with the crossbow and the cultist doing it against. All you need is a knock back shoot before starting levitation and has at least half a hp, even though your opponent has prepared a counterattack. Let's set one thing, since something is a counter prepared especially for a given opponent, it should give an advantage, in the case of melee classes in opposition to the opponent from cultist robe, who at least a little effort instead of standing like a bot, (put firewall, root, knockback etc all ranged weapons have tools) is at a loss for the position.Therefore, in my opinion, she deserves a small but well-deserved nerf, such as the delay in treatment I mentioned, allowing the reaction of a melee character.

// I apologize in advance for any mistakes, English is not my native language.//
      I could see a delay in the starting of the channel to help and would be fine. So lets say the channel starts but it doesnt add anything for a bit maybe 25% of the channel has to go through to start getting HP and mana but the amount it gives remains the same. But I still don't think this is a major thing and that the item isn't totally OP because really not that many people use this item in the open world. Now in a arena thats a different story and thats only because they cannot lose this item. But adding this delay could mean even less to how the robe works and would offer less for most players because if a melee player is using this item it would mean it would be much much harder to get any value out of the channel because it would be pretty brain dead to stop the channel before hitting any hp or mana given.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

moking wrote:

Becasue you know your wrong , and cant rationalize your position.
      ....can YOU rationalize why Im wrong? Hah...

moking wrote:

And for the love of god stop repeating the same nonsense that I already thouroughly debunked.
      wait... I thought thats what you've been doing this entire thread? And I've debunked your arguments (along with many other posters in this thread) over and over?

moking wrote:

That just because a counter exist does not mean an item is balanced.
      Sure, if only 1 counter exists, it may not be a feasible one. But when you literally have like 10+ counters.... cheap ones too...

Neef wrote:

I would call that fair and balanced and if I lost a 500k robe over a 5k helm I would be pretty mad.
      Oh man, I've been there. I hate losing a cultist robe to players who have a brain. That is the reason I never use Cultist robes period. And I've lost so many during the Solo archer farming days.... getting oneshot by Boltcaster's E (the channeling duration oneshot) while silenced from their W for 6 sec was bad enough....
      Not a single rational response to any of those quotes. Good job. And stop with the "many other posters" nonsense you all repeating the exact same illogical argument over and over again. Then patting each other on the back with a like. HURR.. DURR ME SMART. Obviously many counters exist for many different items, across several different types.

You would have to be an idiot, to think that an interrupt counts as many counters. The game is balanced around counter play , not counter items, you toddler. This combined with power budgets. Cultist robe counter is an Interrupt .That's ONE COUNTER. Of course there are many different ways to interrupt a target expressed through different items . But the counter stays the same AN INTERRUPT.

And you didn't debunk shit. You literally repeated the same thing over and over gain, without quoting a single argument from my last post where I thoroughly explained it to you. Obviously if you did read it you wouldn't be repeating the same thing.

The truth is you did read it. You just have no argument, you realized that and decided to go with the same premise I started the conversation with debunking.

SO ...LET ..ME REPEAT THIS AGAIN.. BUT....SLOWLY...FOR ….YOU TO COMPREHEND....

JUST...... BECAUSE...…. THERE...... IS A COUNTER...…. DOES NOT MEAN...…. THAT AN …...ITEM IS BALANCED.