Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

• Tabor wrote:

Haha mage robe almost purely exists to deter bow from being excessively broken. If they fix bow E in some way they could completely revamp mage robe. Would be more interesting.
      Actually no. Mage robe is absolutely broken. It´s the most annoying armor to deal with, and it´s no suprise everyone is playing that crap in hellgates and crystals.

Let´s say you fight against bunch of melee users. One mage robe, and rip their hellion jackets, buffs and everything. It´s just stupid. It even removes shoes effects.

Mage robe destroys many builds and weapons.

Me playing axe, dealing with mage robe is the worst. It purges my W, shoes, whatever leather armor i am using, and you know what´s the best ? Even if i hit one Q, the little bleed that deals like 15 damage or something - that little bleed will purge all my buffs with that mage robe, so it´s not even a matter of skill like with swords ( since you can just stop attacking when they pop the mage robe, if you have fast reflexes / know how fight is gonna progress).

Mage robe gives really high damage boost, purges all crap from your oponents, and when it´s active - your resistances are really high.

Nerf mage please - otherwise it´s gonna be the next cultist robe. If you have armor that counters almost everything, there is a problem
    • Borbarad wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Haha mage robe almost purely exists to deter bow from being excessively broken. If they fix bow E in some way they could completely revamp mage robe. Would be more interesting.
      Actually no. Mage robe is absolutely broken. It´s the most annoying armor to deal with, and it´s no suprise everyone is playing that crap in hellgates and crystals.
      Let´s say you fight against bunch of melee users. One mage robe, and rip their hellion jackets, buffs and everything. It´s just stupid. It even removes shoes effects.

Me playing axe, dealing with mage robe is the worst. It purges my W, shoes, whatever leather armor i am using, and you know what´s the best ? Even if i hit one Q, the little bleed that deals like 15 damage or something - that little bleed will purge all my buffs with that mage robe, so it´s not even a matter of skill like with swords ( since you can just stop attacking when they pop the mage robe, if you have fast reflexes / know how fight is gonna progress).

Mage robe gives really high damage boost, purges all crap from your oponents, and when it´s active - your resistances are really high.

Nerf mage please - otherwise it´s gonna be the next cultist robe. If you have armor that counters almost everything, there is a problem
      If you use hunter, stalker, hellion, soldier "R", and you opponent use his mage robe "R", what he are doing is to cancel both middle armor. You cant use yours, and he waste his mage robe. The only thing that he have more than you is the resistance increase for 4sec. So, avoid him with any reflect, or invisibility, or something else.
      Its just a "fair" trade in that scenario. But, if he purge your Q, W, and R in the same time.. well.. u lose xD in my opinion, its not broken.
      Im playing with trinity (specter hood+hellion jacket+hellion shoes). Mage robe can purge my Q and R. If one of these happens, i just use my W-reflect, and then hellion shoes to gain some dmg boost at first(because i dont have any Q in that scenario).
      The main problem of that robe is in to purge enemies "E". Well, this is a problem, and this is broken. "E" should be invunerable to purge.
      But, if you wanna talk more about it, make a new thread. Cultist robe is solved (for now)

The post was edited 3 times, last by ViniColen ().

• just noticed the last nda and tbh i'm a bit sad to see the cultist robe remove from the game. Nobody will use a so bad T3 artefact. I used it, killed people with it and it maked me happy. I fought against it, counter it in many ways and kill cultist robe user and it maked me happy.
      This joy is deleted from the game ! killing items never is a good solution it will just give us less options. Welcome cultist robe in the museum of useless item of albion.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Tabor wrote:

You know something

Go ahead, nerf mage robe, then nerf scholar robe, then nerf cleric robe, then nerf druid robe, then nerf fiend robe, then nerf royal robe, then nerf purity robe, then nerf mercenary jacket , then nerf assassin jacket , then nerf hellion jacket , then nerf hunter jacket , then nerf tenacity jacket , then nerf royal jacket , then nerf specter jacket , then nerf stalker jacket , then nerf soldier armor, then nerf valor armor, then nerf graveguard armor, then nerf guardian armor, then nerf judicator armor, then nerf knight armor, then nerf royal armor, then nerf soldier armor, then nerf cultist robe all over again.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Actually no. Mage robe is absolutely broken. It´s the most annoying armor to deal with, and it´s no suprise everyone is playing that crap in hellgates and crystals.Let´s say you fight against bunch of melee users. One mage robe, and rip their hellion jackets, buffs and everything. It´s just stupid. It even removes shoes effects.

You know something
      Go ahead, nerf mage robe, then nerf scholar robe, then nerf cleric robe, then nerf druid robe, then nerf fiend robe, then nerf royal robe, then nerf purity robe, then nerf mercenary jacket , then nerf assassin jacket , then nerf hellion jacket , then nerf hunter jacket , then nerf tenacity jacket , then nerf royal jacket , then nerf specter jacket , then nerf stalker jacket , then nerf soldier armor, then nerf valor armor, then nerf graveguard armor, then nerf guardian armor, then nerf judicator armor, then nerf knight armor, then nerf royal armor, then nerf soldier armor, then nerf cultist robe all over again.
      Why its surprise you? You can read patch notice for last 9 month, and there is like 99% nerfs, and 1% reworks - with future nerfs.

The whole game conception is nerfs to usless.
    • iRawr wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Actually no. Mage robe is absolutely broken. It´s the most annoying armor to deal with, and it´s no suprise everyone is playing that crap in hellgates and crystals.Let´s say you fight against bunch of melee users. One mage robe, and rip their hellion jackets, buffs and everything. It´s just stupid. It even removes shoes effects.

You know somethingGo ahead, nerf mage robe, then nerf scholar robe, then nerf cleric robe, then nerf druid robe, then nerf fiend robe, then nerf royal robe, then nerf purity robe, then nerf mercenary jacket , then nerf assassin jacket , then nerf hellion jacket , then nerf hunter jacket , then nerf tenacity jacket , then nerf royal jacket , then nerf specter jacket , then nerf stalker jacket , then nerf soldier armor, then nerf valor armor, then nerf graveguard armor, then nerf guardian armor, then nerf judicator armor, then nerf knight armor, then nerf royal armor, then nerf soldier armor, then nerf cultist robe all over again.
      Why its surprise you? You can read patch notice for last 9 month, and there is like 99% nerfs, and 1% reworks - with future nerfs.
      The whole game conception is nerfs to usless.
      That's why I am reluctant to specialize 400/400 spec in anything specifically, unless I can afford to 400/400 spec in everything. I once met a maxed healer with 8.3 masterpiece everything who told me how many of their friends quit the game due to nerfs destroying everything they had worked hard to specialize in.
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

iRawr wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Actually no. Mage robe is absolutely broken. It´s the most annoying armor to deal with, and it´s no suprise everyone is playing that crap in hellgates and crystals.Let´s say you fight against bunch of melee users. One mage robe, and rip their hellion jackets, buffs and everything. It´s just stupid. It even removes shoes effects.Mage robe destroys many builds and weapons.

You know somethingGo ahead, nerf mage robe, then nerf scholar robe, then nerf cleric robe, then nerf druid robe, then nerf fiend robe, then nerf royal robe, then nerf purity robe, then nerf mercenary jacket , then nerf assassin jacket , then nerf hellion jacket , then nerf hunter jacket , then nerf tenacity jacket , then nerf royal jacket , then nerf specter jacket , then nerf stalker jacket , then nerf soldier armor, then nerf valor armor, then nerf graveguard armor, then nerf guardian armor, then nerf judicator armor, then nerf knight armor, then nerf royal armor, then nerf soldier armor, then nerf cultist robe all over again.
      Why its surprise you? You can read patch notice for last 9 month, and there is like 99% nerfs, and 1% reworks - with future nerfs.The whole game conception is nerfs to usless.
      That's why I am reluctant to specialize 400/400 spec in anything specifically, unless I can afford to 400/400 spec in everything. I once met a maxed healer with 8.3 masterpiece everything who told me how many of their friends quit the game due to nerfs destroying everything they had worked hard to specialize in.
      bro. This forum only serves to communicate what the players think about everything. The game is from SBI, so they know more than us what they must to do to keep the game 100% balanced. Almost every MMORPG is very unbalanced, but Albion is a 99% PvP game -> This is why we see constantly balances in NDA. If something is being overused allowed to high rate of winning, that thing must be nerfed. If something is being underused allowed to low rate of winning, that thing must be nerfed. Mage robe, Cultist robe, hunter hood, all these were oberused or/and has high rate of win. The will wont excel facts.
      Our role here is only to point a supposed OP/UP item, to help/agilize the nerf/buff.
    • ViniColen wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

iRawr wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Actually no. Mage robe is absolutely broken. It´s the most annoying armor to deal with, and it´s no suprise everyone is playing that crap in hellgates and crystals.Let´s say you fight against bunch of melee users. One mage robe, and rip their hellion jackets, buffs and everything. It´s just stupid. It even removes shoes effects.Mage robe destroys many builds and weapons.

Why its surprise you? You can read patch notice for last 9 month, and there is like 99% nerfs, and 1% reworks - with future nerfs.The whole game conception is nerfs to usless.
      bro. This forum only serves to communicate what the players think about everything. The game is from SBI, so they know more than us what they must to do to keep the game 100% balanced. Almost every MMORPG is very unbalanced, but Albion is a 99% PvP game -> This is why we see constantly balances in NDA. If something is being overused allowed to high rate of winning, that thing must be nerfed. If something is being underused allowed to low rate of winning, that thing must be nerfed. Mage robe, Cultist robe, hunter hood, all these were oberused or/and has high rate of win. The will wont excel facts.Our role here is only to point a supposed OP/UP item, to help/agilize the nerf/buff.
      You know something, even if i agree with you about gameplay balances being necessary, it doesn't change the fact that the likelihood of a type of gear being modified after I specialize in it is quite high, for the exact reasons you pointed out.

This is why as I said I am reluctant to specialize in something I'm sentimental about (like Arcane staff), I'm planning instead to specialize in something that I personally think is overpowered (like, i'm not mentioning what it is!), but is effective, so that if it DOES get nerfed, I don't care because the game will become more balanced, and if it DOESN'T get nerfed, I benefit from its efficiency in pvp.