Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

• Owlsane wrote:

OMG SO FUCKING DESTROYED. IT HURTS MY FEELINGS.

EDIT : Btw imagine being so desperate that even the smallest nerf in the world that has ABSOLUTELY NO CONSEQUENCE is like the biggest win argument you ever got LMFAO.
      That's why I said first step dum dum .But we have already established you guys lack reading comprehension skills. LMOA

Gank wrote:

CULTIST ROBE DESTROYED IN ONE PATCH BY MADMAN
      Imagine thinking that's the argument after this entire discussion thread, started with op not suggesting numbers nerfs.Just imagine being that bad at reading.And as per usual you guys liking eac others post while being wrong again, color me surprised.
    • yiconomics wrote:

Dear SBI,

Please don't nerf the cultist robe.

The daily piles of silver that I collect from players using this robe have made me beyond yich.

The guy didnt used his R.. If you can cancel cultist R, 3% or 4% of health recovery wouldnt matter. 3% or 4% of 0 is 0 lol. But if you dont cancel a guy with 4% health recovery per stick.. This is a problem.. Imagine with specter hood..
      The point of the nerf is that. If you can cancel it, nerffing or buffing cultist wont matter. But if you cant, you wont win.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ViniColen ().

• Been diving a lot of solo's recently and almost everyone I run in to with more than 10m fame is running cultist + 1h spear.

I am playing carving mainly and even with interrupt on w you don't really stand a chance unless you catch them very low, on a few mobs or cultist on CD. The issue is this, even against a mobile melee weapon like carving sword, speed of the regen is too high. The cultist user can either run/kite away, use sprint, dodge mob AOE or if using 1h spear, use W and E to create distance as well.

As a melee you have little chance to get on to the target to interrupt before they heal for 1/2-3/4 HP.

I'd suggest current heal amount is fine but perhaps extend the duration and slow down the frequency of the heal ticks whilst also removing physical damage immunity. This would maintain the utility for players who want to use it and they can still use it in PVP whilst giving melee a chance.
    • Olehammy wrote:

If your not bringing a silence/interupt into your build thats on you. Doesnt make an item broken because you cant play around it.
      Valid point for 5v5 or small scale. Also the reason why nobody really uses cultist robe outside of 1v1 or 1v2 fights.
      However in 1v1 certain builds just don't have an interrupt available and bringing one would completely gimp them. (think axes)

Bastyon wrote:

Been diving a lot of solo's recently and almost everyone I run in to with more than 10m fame is running cultist + 1h spear.
      Yes - because its one of the builds that has been recently (and a bit in the past too, but that kind of got lost) got popularized by a certain youtuber (pewpew). Its only of the (very) few solo builds that can farm reliably and be able to withstand an attack by N+1 divers (up to 1v3). The other choices are swords (really only Carving can 1v2 and 1v3 with full regen builds) and Axes, altho I've never survived a 1v3 and have not seen anyone fight 1v3 (unless it was vs 700 IP newbs in Red Zone)

Bastyon wrote:

I am playing carving mainly and even with interrupt on w you don't really stand a chance unless you catch them very low, on a few mobs or cultist on CD. The issue is this, even against a mobile melee weapon like carving sword, speed of the regen is too high. The cultist user can either run/kite away, use sprint, dodge mob AOE or if using 1h spear, use W and E to create distance as well.
      You really shouldn't be complaining while playing one of the most OP and most mobile weapons for small scale and 1v1s. Carving is an excellent weapons and provides great counters to many items (and insane mobility)

Bastyon wrote:

As a melee you have little chance to get on to the target to interrupt before they heal for 1/2-3/4 HP.
      As your average melee with no speed boost on the weapon - sure, I'll buy that. But not on a mobile melee like a Carving. Should be no excuse.

Bastyon wrote:

I'd suggest current heal amount is fine but perhaps extend the duration and slow down the frequency of the heal ticks whilst also removing physical damage immunity. This would maintain the utility for players who want to use it and they can still use it in PVP whilst giving melee a chance.
      Its already getting nerfed a bit (and Im not sure how that will play out... its a 30% nerf essentially). Plus Im starting to run Cultist Robe now - as all other leather is crap for surviving gankers (Hellion sucks for 1v1 or 1v2, and at 3+ where its supposed to excel - someone will always have a purge). So Cultist is really one of the (very very few) options solo players currently have vs the N+1 cancer.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• OotOot wrote:

Merc jacket only heals when you damage an enemy, so it would not heal while levitate is being used because axes primarily deal physical damage. Merc jacket lasts 8 sec, levitate 5. You would need to do 15 hits in 3 seconds to fully utilize the effect which is quite difficult even with axes.
      Hellion jacket, I am not sure if it does magic or physical but even if it would heal for full amount it would still be lower than levitate heal.
      Scholar cowl I assume you are referring to using force field but I don't think you understand how mana hungry axes are, that change is not possible.

I am not saying it's OP and I understand how it works. I play swords and it's easy, just use parry or interrupt when they use it and I got myself a cultist robe. From this point of view I can argue that the item is underpowered because there is no way to use the item.

That is what I am trying to say here. The item is feast or famine because in one scenario you can't do anything about it and the value of the ability wins you the duel but in the other scenario you can't even use the ability because it will get instantly countered and you lose a fight with a very expensive setup. That is why I am suggesting something done to it so it's not an auto win or auto lose. Looking at the meta I would say it's not worth using it because chances are you get yourself in the second scenario more often than first but it sucks being at the receiving end of the first one.
      Personally I mis-read your original post, I see what you are asking for now.

I thought you were just saying Cultist Robe is OP. Now I understand you are actually asking for it to be less of a rock-paper-scissors type of item.

Here's a suggestion:

Instead of:

'Immune to Physical during Levitate'

How about:

'Reduction of damage from Physical = x% during Leviatate' and then, x = random number

Which means a player using Cultist Robe cannot rely on it every time, but if they are lucky, it will protect them substantially, but if they are unlucky, it won't protect them enough.

Edit: Oh wait I just noticed there was an announcement about a Cultist Robe nerf, nevermind lol
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion