Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

    • As you can do the exact same thing with cultist and no... it ask as much outplay as dealing with a merc jacket or a hellion jacket. I won't buy your argument at all.

      The only wrong logic i see is people not thinking back on where they did wrong and what they can improve gear wise and gameplay wise. It's like seeing LOL players complain about new champs on release dat that they are too OP and 1 week later when they decide to actually use their brain, it's an ok and doable matchup...

      If you want to be stubborn and stay with your build, find a way to deal with cultist without any hard cc, or take a hard cc if you don't want to rub 2 cells toghether.
    • Owlsane wrote:

      As you can do the exact same thing with cultist and no... it ask as much outplay as dealing with a merc jacket or a hellion jacket. I won't buy your argument at all.
      Wrong , you cant. Except an option to run away xD

      Owlsane wrote:

      The only wrong logic i see is people not thinking back on where they did wrong and what they can improve gear wise and gameplay wise. It's like seeing LOL players complain about new champs on release dat that they are too OP and 1 week later when they decide to actually use their brain, it's an ok and doable matchup...
      Im ex semi pro Dota player , and im not of this people who cry when something new come to the game. I always analyze data, and after i complain about problems, if i see them. I understand that in your example you tried to show that you need to "think" and "use brains" , but it is horrible example buddy.

      Owlsane wrote:

      If you want to be stubborn and stay with your build, find a way to deal with cultist without any hard cc, or take a hard cc if you don't want to rub 2 cells toghether.
      Funny thing that you mentioned personally me , "my build" ? :D . Bealive me - i got no problems with cultist or any other weapon/armor in current build i play or in any other. I know how to deal with it ,and if i cant because my setup do not allow me to do that with high% on win - i run. Pure maths. Nothing more , nothing less.
      ----------------

      Ill tell it again - Anything can be countered/outplayed in this game.

      But efforts you make , by using this one piece of armor - are minimal. And efficiency you get - is huge.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

    • Equart wrote:

      Funny thing that you mentioned personally me , "my build" ? :D
      Nah not you personally. "You" was a shortcut to call all people complaining about cultist robe while staying on their narrow mindset of "ME GOOD PLAYER, ME PLAY MA BUILD, IF CAN'T WIN THEN IT'S OP, ME NEVER WRONG". Don't get me wrong, i don't think of you as part of thoses players.

      Efforts or not. The cultist is clearly NOT a prio to even think about giving some change. I rather give some 3rd Q on weapons that hasn't, 4/5th W's too and reworking some unusued spells to give more gameplay assets, change/simplify some shit ass mechanics that just destroys balance of the game aka AOE escalation and aka Focus fire.

      Anyways i gave my opinion and enough explanation about the cultist robe. There is no reason to dig in even further. If people still want's to talk about it with me, then they can hit me up with dms.
    • Owlsane wrote:

      Nah not you personally. "You" was a shortcut to call all people complaining about cultist robe while staying on their narrow mindset of "ME GOOD PLAYER, ME PLAY MA BUILD, IF CAN'T WIN THEN IT'S OP, ME NEVER WRONG". Don't get me wrong, i don't think of you as part of thoses players.
      Efforts or not. The cultist is clearly NOT a prio to even think about giving some change. I rather give some 3rd Q on weapons that hasn't, 4/5th W's too and reworking some unusued spells to give more gameplay assets, change/simplify some shit ass mechanics that just destroys balance of the game aka AOE escalation and aka Focus fire.

      Anyways i gave my opinion and enough explanation about the cultist robe. There is no reason to dig in even further. If people still want's to talk about it with me, then they can hit me up with dms.
      With this i agree , there are much more important things to make in Albion, content or combat balance. I still stand that Cultist is too strong , but it definitely can wait for 1-2 global patches. Maybe later it would not need any changes at all , if we will see bunch of new spells/mechanics.
    • Equart wrote:

      Owlsane wrote:

      Nah not you personally. "You" was a shortcut to call all people complaining about cultist robe while staying on their narrow mindset of "ME GOOD PLAYER, ME PLAY MA BUILD, IF CAN'T WIN THEN IT'S OP, ME NEVER WRONG". Don't get me wrong, i don't think of you as part of thoses players.
      Efforts or not. The cultist is clearly NOT a prio to even think about giving some change. I rather give some 3rd Q on weapons that hasn't, 4/5th W's too and reworking some unusued spells to give more gameplay assets, change/simplify some shit ass mechanics that just destroys balance of the game aka AOE escalation and aka Focus fire.

      Anyways i gave my opinion and enough explanation about the cultist robe. There is no reason to dig in even further. If people still want's to talk about it with me, then they can hit me up with dms.
      With this i agree , there are much more important things to make in Albion, content or combat balance. I still stand that Cultist is too strong , but it definitely can wait for 1-2 global patches. Maybe later it would not need any changes at all , if we will see bunch of new spells
      Combat balance should always be a priority in a full loot game. Cultist robe needs to be nerfed asap , just like the grave guard cleric robe crap that was removed recently. Its far too strong, far to safe, and breaks the basic design of the cloth line. No other artifact of the same tier even comes close to its power.Its blatantly op.
    • And what is for you adding a 3rd Q, a 4th or 5th W, reworking underused/unusued spells in every weapon branch? It a combat balance.

      The trend rn is nerfing what is "OP" atm when it was not months ago. Some it's because they got a buff that was too much some it's because something else got nerfed (which was the case of the gg+cleric combo and the cultist robe that never got a change). In the end we have the nerfing one "op"item, something else will become "op" loop scheme.

      Instead of nerfing stuff, we should buff underused stuff and work around adding/reworking spells on weapon.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

    • Owlsane wrote:

      And what is for you adding a 3rd Q, a 4th or 5th W, reworking underused/unusued spells in every weapon branch? It a combat balance.

      The trend rn is nerfing what is "OP" atm when it was not months ago. Some it's because they got a buff that was too much some it's because something else got nerfed (which was the case of the gg+cleric combo and the cultist robe that never got a change). In the end we have the nerfing one "op"item, something else will become "op" loop scheme.

      Instead of nerfing stuff, we should buff underused stuff and work around adding/reworking spells on weapon.
      well, that is easy to explain.

      If you e.g. double the duration of channeling, getting to the same result it will potentially get much more damage in that time..

      Or

      If you remove any resist and give negative resistance while channeling

      It is relatively easy to code

      Way easier as a complete new skill / animation..

      And it is quite simple to nerv by adding channeling time while playing with nagative resist..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Owlsane wrote:

      And what is for you adding a 3rd Q, a 4th or 5th W, reworking underused/unusued spells in every weapon branch? It a combat balance.

      The trend rn is nerfing what is "OP" atm when it was not months ago. Some it's because they got a buff that was too much some it's because something else got nerfed (which was the case of the gg+cleric combo and the cultist robe that never got a change). In the end we have the nerfing one "op"item, something else will become "op" loop scheme.

      Instead of nerfing stuff, we should buff underused stuff and work around adding/reworking spells on weapon.
      well, that is easy to explain.
      If you e.g. double the duration of channeling, getting to the same result it will potentially get much more damage in that time..

      Or

      If you remove any resist and give negative resistance while channeling

      It is relatively easy to code

      Way easier as a complete new skill / animation..

      And it is quite simple to nerv by adding channeling time while playing with nagative resist..
      It's not a question about coding stuff easy or not...

      It's all about first giving all weapons enough spells (3q's/5w's) to get enough gameplay variety. This variety can completely change the usage of armors and potentially put the cultist robe out of the meta.

      It's not an 100% guaranteed thing, depending of what SBI can provide as new/rework Q's/W's it may also do nothing to the cultist. If it's the case, then we can trully begin to tweak stuff.

      Also i do believe that most people will find at some point ways to deal with that matchup naturally without touching or changing this spell at all.
    • I see a whole lot of crying the point of inspect in this game is to be ready when you do fight. Inspect the person make sure you have a skill that can stop the channel and well if your using axe bring 1 item that you can switch to stop the channel or just wear a head that can. The item isn't truely OP you just must think before you act...but yeah lets call that OP. There are many items ingame that make other items worthless or not good, there is also other items that if you don't have anything to counter it your fucked also, its just all about how you build your gear and how you want to fight if you don't plan for a cultist robe then well maybe you deserve to die? The cultist robe is one of the highest priced chests ingame for a reason because it is good and only people willing to spend that kind of money use it. I bet when you loot a cultist robe you don't come to the forum crying about it. The simple truth is cultist is not OP because its not a 100% win and there is soooo many ways to totally make it worthless. if there was a limited way to cancle the channel I would call that OP BUT not when there is almost every weapon ingame with a way to stop it PLUS armor options to stop channels.

      PS. The REAL post should be about adding a intrupt type spell to axes as it is the only weapon that cannot stop a channel.

      The post was edited 6 times, last by Neef ().

    • Neef wrote:

      I see a whole lot of crying the point of inspect in this game is to be ready when you do fight. Inspect the person make sure you have a skill that can stop the channel and well if your using axe bring 1 item that you can switch to stop the channel or just wear a head that can. The item isn't truely OP you just must think before you act...but yeah lets call that OP. There are many items ingame that make other items worthless or not good, there is also other items that if you don't have anything to counter it your fucked also, its just all about how you build your gear and how you want to fight if you don't plan for a cultist robe then well maybe you deserve to die? The cultist robe is one of the highest priced chests ingame for a reason because it is good and only people willing to spend that kind of money use it. I bet when you loot a cultist robe you don't come to the forum crying about it. The simple truth is cultist is not OP because its not a 100% win and there is soooo many ways to totally make it worthless. if there was a limited way to cancle the channel I would call that OP BUT not when there is almost every weapon ingame with a way to stop it PLUS armor options to stop channels.

      PS. The REAL post should be about adding a intrupt type spell to axes as it is the only weapon that cannot stop a channel.
      Terrible logic. Just because a counter exist does not make the robe balanced in any way shape or form.Not to mention most people will not have a way to deal with it especially if an entire group is wearing it , hell if even 5 people are wearing u are fighting an uphill battle.

      Its the equivalent of saying "nuclear wepons are not op because we have missle defense systems no need for nuclear disarment".

      seriously no other artifact of the same teir even comes close in power as the cultist robe, especially if its double cultist giants boots with a high dmage ranged weapon its gg. Cutlist robe is a care bear item for bad players period.
    • moking wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      I see a whole lot of crying the point of inspect in this game is to be ready when you do fight. Inspect the person make sure you have a skill that can stop the channel and well if your using axe bring 1 item that you can switch to stop the channel or just wear a head that can. The item isn't truely OP you just must think before you act...but yeah lets call that OP. There are many items ingame that make other items worthless or not good, there is also other items that if you don't have anything to counter it your fucked also, its just all about how you build your gear and how you want to fight if you don't plan for a cultist robe then well maybe you deserve to die? The cultist robe is one of the highest priced chests ingame for a reason because it is good and only people willing to spend that kind of money use it. I bet when you loot a cultist robe you don't come to the forum crying about it. The simple truth is cultist is not OP because its not a 100% win and there is soooo many ways to totally make it worthless. if there was a limited way to cancle the channel I would call that OP BUT not when there is almost every weapon ingame with a way to stop it PLUS armor options to stop channels.

      PS. The REAL post should be about adding a intrupt type spell to axes as it is the only weapon that cannot stop a channel.
      Terrible logic. Just because a counter exist does not make the robe balanced in any way shape or form.Not to mention most people will not have a way to deal with it especially if an entire group is wearing it , hell if even 5 people are wearing u are fighting an uphill battle.
      Its the equivalent of saying "nuclear wepons are not op because we have missle defense systems no need for nuclear disarment".

      seriously no other artifact of the same teir even comes close in power as the cultist robe, especially if its double cultist giants boots with a high dmage ranged weapon its gg. Cutlist robe is a care bear item for bad players period.
      I would say,

      that you don't understand that 1 spell that every weapon has makes this robe 100% do nothing and with gear that even stops this robe 100%.
    • Olehammy wrote:

      Nothing wrong with the item, sorta laughable how much items get nit picked/attacked because someone has a hard time playing against it. Thats how it should work. There should be variety/advantages/disadvantages between builds/load outs. Thats where our ability to play factors in.
      What's laughable is how people defend blatantly overloaded items like cultist robe. It needs to be brought in line. When your wearing that robe your basically playing a different game than what everyone else is playing. Which forces players to change their builds sub optimally to react to you - but the cultist player does not have to do the same, because it has soo much in one ability, with a relatively low cooldown when u factor in combat.
    • moking wrote:

      Olehammy wrote:

      Nothing wrong with the item, sorta laughable how much items get nit picked/attacked because someone has a hard time playing against it. Thats how it should work. There should be variety/advantages/disadvantages between builds/load outs. Thats where our ability to play factors in.
      What's laughable is how people defend blatantly overloaded items like cultist robe. It needs to be brought in line. When your wearing that robe your basically playing a different game than what everyone else is playing. Which forces players to change their builds sub optimally to react to you - but the cultist player does not have to do the same, because it has soo much in one ability, with a relatively low cooldown when u factor in combat.
      I still havent seen you address the fact that if the channel gets stopped which every player has an easy option to do so it makes the cultist robe 100% do nothing.....But right you still think its so godly.
    • moking wrote:

      Terrible logic. Just because a counter exist does not make the robe balanced in any way shape or form.Not to mention most people will not have a way to deal with it especially if an entire group is wearing it , hell if even 5 people are wearing u are fighting an uphill battle.
      Uuuugh... no. Items are balanced exactly BECAUSE there is a counter. It would be IMBALANCED if there was no counter. Now - you refusing to use the counter, or refusing to figure out a way to find multiple counters - is your own (stubborn?) issue.

      Oh and please tell me where I can find an entire group wearing these! I need to renew my Premium soon ;)

      moking wrote:

      Its the equivalent of saying "nuclear wepons are not op because we have missle defense systems no need for nuclear disarment".
      Now this is a stupid argument. You know why? Saying that "nuclear wepons are not op because we have missle defense systems no need for nuclear disarment" would actually be true, if and only if every country in the world had missle defense systems (anti-nuclear ones). But they do not. So this is a perfect example of something actually being OP - as there is no counter. Very few countries actually have proper and capable anti-nuclear defense systems. And that is the core of the problem.

      moking wrote:

      What's laughable is how people defend blatantly overloaded items like cultist robe. It needs to be brought in line.
      Cultist Robe is in line with every other Relic level artifact item. High rarity, high price... good usability - and has a counter (if not multiples).
      Again - you not using a counter (and forfeiting to loot a 700k item off the corpse of your opponent) - is your own damn problem.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      In line with every other relic item...

      Staff of balance, Necro relic skull, rampant and lots of others want to have a discussion about this statement..

      Cause they see that completely different...
      I think he was leaning towards relic armor, Judi is the best tank gear currently and the leather relic is good but only players that like to burn themself play with that =P, but what your saying about weapons can be said about tons of non-artifact non-relic weapons also.
    • Neef wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      In line with every other relic item...

      Staff of balance, Necro relic skull, rampant and lots of others want to have a discussion about this statement..

      Cause they see that completely different...
      I think he was leaning towards relic armor, Judi is the best tank gear currently and the leather relic is good but only players that like to burn themself play with that =P, but what your saying about weapons can be said about tons of non-artifact non-relic weapons also.
      yes that. The weapon discussion is an issue that we need to have a same selection of skills for our Qs and Ws (currently 3xQ and 6x W). But that is not the case - so the balance of all items is currently broken.

      Oh and Staff of Balance has some really cool anti-healer usage (in GvG or 5v5 HG) it counters 2-man heal comps fairly well. Curse Skull is also a great item. Most people just dont understand how and when to use it. Its a great defensive for a backline or to drop on a choke. Not so great solo or in 2v2 (but you could make it work - just like everything)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      In line with every other relic item...

      Staff of balance, Necro relic skull, rampant and lots of others want to have a discussion about this statement..

      Cause they see that completely different...
      I think he was leaning towards relic armor, Judi is the best tank gear currently and the leather relic is good but only players that like to burn themself play with that =P, but what your saying about weapons can be said about tons of non-artifact non-relic weapons also.
      yes that. The weapon discussion is an issue that we need to have a same selection of skills for our Qs and Ws (currently 3xQ and 6x W). But that is not the case - so the balance of all items is currently broken.
      Oh and Staff of Balance has some really cool anti-healer usage (in GvG or 5v5 HG) it counters 2-man heal comps fairly well. Curse Skull is also a great item. Most people just dont understand how and when to use it. Its a great defensive for a backline or to drop on a choke. Not so great solo or in 2v2 (but you could make it work - just like everything)
      why are you constantly talking about gvg and hg stuff if you even havent done a gvg and have 1mil hellgate fame? Staff of balance is clearly fucking underused and bad comparable to other items. There are so many underplayed/dogshit tier weapons that havent seen light in ages and sbi doesnt look to change that.

      Answering to topic - cultist robe is completely fine. Item is really strong but as stated previously countarable and expensive af
    • bishDEFORMED wrote:

      why are you constantly talking about gvg and hg stuff if you even havent done a gvg and have 1mil hellgate fame? Staff of balance is clearly fucking underused and bad comparable to other items. There are so many underplayed/dogshit tier weapons that havent seen light in ages and sbi doesnt look to change that.

      Answering to topic - cultist robe is completely fine. Item is really strong but as stated previously countarable and expensive af
      Thanks for agreeing. See how easy that was?

      Whats the "threshold" to be accepted into the elitist circles of "GvG conversationalists"? I've done 1 GvG and had done a bunch of scrims, as well as Arenas of course (as 5-man teams, not the random PUG stuff). I never claimed (or claim) to be a "GvG Pro" - but I think I know enough about it to hold a conversation and share my opinion, no?

      1mil HG fame - that is correct (its actually 1.1 mil - to be nit-picky). How much do you want me to have? Please tell me so that I can get my numbers up. Is 1 mil HG fame better or worse then someone with 75 forum posts?
      Does 75 forum posts = that you don't care about the game or don't like to share feedback with others?

      (what I am trying to get at - is that numbers are just numbers, and even though everyone likes to crutch on them... they only show half of the picture... at best)