Lets bring Cultist Robe into the light

• I'm a bit late on this thread, but I have ideas to make cultist robe "better"
      What do you think if "immune to physical" was replace by "reduce X% of received damage" ?
      It could make it more interesting against any weapon, control or not
      Or maybe, remove the immune and make it impossible to stop ?

I don't know, just trying to talk about ideas of how to make it better and don't try to know if it's OP or not (to be honest, we don't care about this, right?)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saphirose ().

• Honnestly i can't really see any possible change that can be healty for both cultist user and ennemies atm.

While GG+cleric doesn't need any big brain moment to use it, you rely on well timed cc (to waste the whole invincibility timer or to kill fast enough before he has even the time to proc the combo) or not hitting to proc the everlasting spirit in order to completely fuck the combo (which is a mind game and unless specific situation the combo user has always the edge if he knows how to use this well) and that's why it got nerfed because it relies the user to not fuck up the combo to be efficient. Ennemies had no real influence on that.

Same concept for guardian+cleric combo but heal values are slow so it's kind of ok atm.

Now for cultist of course it's as big brain as GG/guardian+cleric combo but you can completely wreck his sustain with every interrupt, silence, stun, knock up, knockback, pull and every magic damage dps is applied. That's a lot of possible counters that every players can afford at least one of them (No cc on your weapon, then you have armor). The cultist user relies completely on you fucking up by not bringing cc to get the full healing.

I don't know man, i'm amazed that every time somebody get's beat up by a cultist user it's because he has not a single cc listed above. It's really a no brainer and makes your fight an autowin.
    • Owlsane wrote:

Honnestly i can't really see any possible change that can be healty for both cultist user and ennemies atm.

While GG+cleric doesn't need any big brain moment to use it, you rely on well timed cc (to waste the whole invincibility timer or to kill fast enough before he has even the time to proc the combo) or not hitting to proc the everlasting spirit in order to completely fuck the combo (which is a mind game and unless specific situation the combo user has always the edge if he knows how to use this well) and that's why it got nerfed because it relies the user to not fuck up the combo to be efficient. Ennemies had no real influence on that.

Same concept for guardian+cleric combo but heal values are slow so it's kind of ok atm.

Now for cultist of course it's as big brain as GG/guardian+cleric combo but you can completely wreck his sustain with every interrupt, silence, stun, knock up, knockback, pull and every magic damage dps is applied. That's a lot of possible counters that every players can afford at least one of them (No cc on your weapon, then you have armor). The cultist user relies completely on you fucking up by not bringing cc to get the full healing.

I don't know man, i'm amazed that every time somebody get's beat up by a cultist user it's because he has not a single cc listed above. It's really a no brainer and makes your fight an autowin.
      The problem isn't that it has no counter, is that if you can't stop it you're already dead no matter what.

A lot of weapons don't have a way to stop it, so you're telling me i have to bring a knight armor every time i go pvping? i mean, when you have to bring a counter measure for a single piece of gear or you're done; that is the definition of overpowered.
    • LordZetta wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

Honnestly i can't really see any possible change that can be healty for both cultist user and ennemies atm.

The problem isn't that it has no counter, is that if you can't stop it you're already dead no matter what.
      A lot of weapons don't have a way to stop it, so you're telling me i have to bring a knight armor every time i go pvping? i mean, when you have to bring a counter measure for a single piece of gear or you're done; that is the definition of overpowered.
      Every single weapon line has a way to stop it.
    • Gank wrote:

LordZetta wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

The problem isn't that it has no counter, is that if you can't stop it you're already dead no matter what.A lot of weapons don't have a way to stop it, so you're telling me i have to bring a knight armor every time i go pvping? i mean, when you have to bring a counter measure for a single piece of gear or you're done; that is the definition of overpowered.
      cultist is the interrupt - keep one in your back pocket ;)
    • It's up to you to bring cc or not, but if you run into cultist users without at least one hard cc like demon helm, judi boots/helm, hellion hood, royal helm, hard cc on your weapon and you feel helpless being killed then yea it's basically your mistake to be stubborn.

If people took at least one of thoses pieces or has a hard cc spell on his weapon, you wouldn't see that much cultist robe user. That's how meta works, it's a rock paper scisor thing for smal scale/1v1.

LordZetta wrote:

i mean, when you have to bring a counter measure for a single piece of gear or you're done; that is the definition of overpowered.
      That's a fucked up mentality you have here. That cc can help you against other situation than only for cultist.

When i use my demon helm, i have no issue at all with cultist users. Obviously it makes some other fights harder than if i use other helms but still usefull to deny a big clap, high dps on casters, etc, etc... Depending on how i play and use my spells it makes most of my fight doable rather than a shitty rock paper scisor situation.

Hilarious to see that thoes who can't deal with cultist are thoses who don't take a hard cc into consideration that can still be usefull for most fight and complain cultist is overpowered...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• Anything can be countered/outplayed in this game.

But fact is - It is too strong 1 piece armor , and a "bit" :D broken in solo/small scale pvp.And add to this incoming IP buff of artifact armor/weapon.

I would like to see such nerfs -

1.No Physical immunity
      2.Much Higher Cd
      ----

And while @Retroman ignoring this piece of armor and focusing on GvG/Zerg balance - abuse it and enjoy. I saw so much "low skilled" players that were dominating because of this robe , by taking minimal efforts. So you can just imagine what would be if any "medium skilled" player or higher would use it. This is only about PvP aspect. We got PvE aspect too , where this robe giving you an opportunity to farm almost everything in this game. Probably you would say - but it is expensive,thats why it is balanced!!! Hell no guys - silver is nothing in this game , and you perfectly know it. This shouldnt be a determining factor. Always on the first place must be "combat" balance.

OotOot wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Why exactly are you asking for a Cultist Robe nerf?
      Where am I saying that Cultist Robe is OP? Can you read the whole post instead of reading the title and assuming what I wrote.
      Im saying it - it is OP.

And again - abuse it and enjoy ,while you can.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• I actually find cultist robe fairly easy to kill as a caster. You can still roast them as they heal up. With Cultist Robe having an absolute ton of stun, silence, interrupt counters on top of being a channel I feel it needs no nerfing. But on another note please fix the garbage guardian helm DOT removal!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Gank wrote:

Except axes. But then again - axes are still missing a 3th Q spell. Maybe that can come with a little knock up or interrupt?

Hollywoodi wrote:

Great nature, easy purge able but needed to be destroyed because was too powerful if you did not bring a purge ...
      Guardian Helm was another counter to nature. Too bad it was released into the game like 3 month before nature got completely remade, and not many people had the chance to adjust.

I was able to cleanse Thorns (the old W ones) and all the damage it dealt with the Guardian Helmet. Nature did 0 DMG to me, while I slowly witted it down. Oh well...
    • Owlsane wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

Noone can win specter hood + cultist robe. Only way to win that is bringing CC or bringing a magical weapon to the fight. If you are DPS phisical and dont have any CC, you are already dead. And a lot of builds fits in that.
      Then hellion jacket and merc jacket is as OP as cultist robe...
      No, wrong logic :D Because they're tied to other and hardest circumstances/weapons, plus you can counter them via elementary rotation in fight. All about efforts you made , and in this case - Cultist need minimum of it to outplay enemy , even if you cant press buttons. Some sort of easy mode.

Like "-apem" War3 users players meme xD