Nickname Change

• OverGanger wrote:

Hi there,

There is a lot of people who want to change their name and they could not. Maybe dev's make a scroll which can buy with gold or money to change nickname only once. Because when we ticket it, they reject our requests.

As @Elsa explained in the thread that @xcruciful linked above (thanks!), there are currently no plans to allow nickname changes even with gold or money due to the reputation that comes with it.

Mytherceria#3744
    • Honestly a dumb answer by elsa and mods.. The reputation carried with the name? It carries with the PERSON, they just make new accounts or characters in the same IP and do the same toxic stuff over and over again if they have bad rep. Hell some people just come back to the game from initial release with a name they trolled themselves by picking and can never change? A few I knew that came back to the game that have quite a bit done in the game with no bad rep but a name they wish they never picked because it makes them feel uncomfortable cant change it because the excuse is the rep of that NAME carries with them? A person can have many names but always end in the same reputation.

Recently 2 weeks ago a few "noobs" joined my guild but turned out to be spies from another big gvg/zvz guild I spotted them so quick because of the way they talked and played the game, didnt matter about their names. I spotted their actions. These people just made new accounts to try and pass off as noobs to spy on other gvg guilds, just allow name change for 10-25$ and quit making excuses as to why people cant personalize their gameplay with that they want.
      I'm sure people with 100+mil fame returning to the game would agree to this as some may have a retarded name they chose because of how they were back when they started, keep in mind I'm speaking for others as for myself I dont punish myself by choosing a bad name for my characters.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Psycha wrote:

Honestly a dumb answer by elsa and mods.. The reputation carried with the name? It carries with the PERSON, they just make new accounts or characters in the same IP and do the same toxic stuff over and over again if they have bad rep. Hell some people just come back to the game from initial release with a name they trolled themselves by picking and can never change? A few I knew that came back to the game that have quite a bit done in the game with no bad rep but a name they wish they never picked because it makes them feel uncomfortable cant change it because the excuse is the rep of that NAME carries with them? A person can have many names but always end in the same reputation.

Recently 2 weeks ago a few "noobs" joined my guild but turned out to be spies from another big gvg/zvz guild I spotted them so quick because of the way they talked and played the game, didnt matter about their names. I spotted their actions. These people just made new accounts to try and pass off as noobs to spy on other gvg guilds, just allow name change for 10-25$ and quit making excuses as to why people cant personalize their gameplay with that they want.
      I'm sure people with 100+mil fame returning to the game would agree to this as some may have a retarded name they chose because of how they were back when they started, keep in mind I'm speaking for others as for myself I dont punish myself by choosing a bad name for my characters.
      I have a dumb name on main character. I want to change it.
      But to offer possibility to change name is bad.
      Why?
      Situation 1: Guild leader of a big guild can stole everything from his guild. Then he can erase all the bad reputation by changing his name.

People and guilds are writing stories, will be so confusing to see that main character change his in the middle of the story.

Toxic people who make new accounts...and characters...they are not relevant, they are just noise.
    • xcruciful wrote:

Psycha wrote:

Honestly a dumb answer by elsa and mods.. The reputation carried with the name? It carries with the PERSON, they just make new accounts or characters in the same IP and do the same toxic stuff over and over again if they have bad rep. Hell some people just come back to the game from initial release with a name they trolled themselves by picking and can never change? A few I knew that came back to the game that have quite a bit done in the game with no bad rep but a name they wish they never picked because it makes them feel uncomfortable cant change it because the excuse is the rep of that NAME carries with them? A person can have many names but always end in the same reputation.

I have a dumb name on main character. I want to change it.But to offer possibility to change name is bad.
      Why?
      Situation 1: Guild leader of a big guild can stole everything from his guild. Then he can erase all the bad reputation by changing his name.

People and guilds are writing stories, will be so confusing to see that main character change his in the middle of the story.

Toxic people who make new accounts...and characters...they are not relevant, they are just noise.
      Guild leaders already do this by just turning what they stole into silver and giving it to their good rep character on another account. Also this situation is flawed because Albion could have implemented a family name system like Black Desert does per account. Your story is tied to your family at that point.
    • yea another dumb answer by a dumb player, no. no name changes, unfortunately we play in game where the person is not as easy to identify if they use text or even crazy enough like "daddyvarien" are actually IRL actors and can peddle accents for years, so no the PERSON isnt at all reliable either, yea your ur example is of some idiots who outed themselves..if its so easy just make a new character then make one, stop trying to destroy a game that prides itself on the historical side of its events. just because you chose a dumb name. the ramifications are far larger than your bad choices, its a living breathing world and you want to degrade that. a lot of the game is thru discord as well which means accounts are easily references, or you must make new discords which because of cross reference are also easier to sniff out. the point is to make it harder to obscure history which is currently the case. any any name change makes it worse

thank god the mods are super solid on this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().

• Psycha wrote:

xcruciful wrote:

Psycha wrote:

I have a dumb name on main character. I want to change it.But to offer possibility to change name is bad.Why?

Guild leaders already do this by just turning what they stole into silver and giving it to their good rep character on another account. Also this situation is flawed because Albion could have implemented a family name system like Black Desert does per account. Your story is tied to your family at that point.
      Like you said guild leaders sending stole silver to another account. But they sacrifice their main character...a character that is more valuable than any amount they can stole.

Family name? The idea is good, but we already have, character name - guild name - alliance tag...those are already visual a confusion. An additionally tag..and will be too much.
      It's just a unwritten design rule called simplicity. Because of that rule many good ideas are ignored.
    • xcruciful wrote:

Psycha wrote:

xcruciful wrote:

Psycha wrote:

I have a dumb name on main character. I want to change it.But to offer possibility to change name is bad.Why?Situation 1: Guild leader of a big guild can stole everything from his guild. Then he can erase all the bad reputation by changing his name.

Like you said guild leaders sending stole silver to another account. But they sacrifice their main character...a character that is more valuable than any amount they can stole.
      Family name? The idea is good, but we already have, character name - guild name - alliance tag...those are already visual a confusion. An additionally tag..and will be too much.
      It's just a unwritten design rule called simplicity. Because of that rule many good ideas are ignored.
      Doesnt need to be a tag visible in game. Just a tag on stats sheet for the character.
    • I can definitely understand both sides of the argument.

But honestly if they were to implement a name change, it wouldn't be as hard as they're making it sound.
      It could be as simple as this: the rule is only 1 per character (ever), to solve this "stupid name" problem people seem to have, and the top line on stats page simply says "previously x".
      So sure, "xcruciful" could name change to "LuffyCruciful" for example, but the top line on his page would say "Previously xcruciful". Simple. No need for any family system or anything complicated.

This game is very generous with stats and inspecting people. I'd argue it gives way more info than anyone should have access to at a glance of another player. "Inspecting" someone shouldnt make or break pvp fights beyond visually identifying gear and relative power level from that. But that's beside the point. There's plenty of room in a stat page for something like this, should they seem it worthy to implement.

Personally I don't care, I generally don't act like a dick and I have the name I want, just throwing this out there since it IS definitely a possible option, just one they may not want. But you can't say people changing a name one time is the most complicated thing in the world to handle.
    • SHARKY wrote:

Try not to pick a dumbass name in the first place - problem solved.
      The toxic answer that the devs and Elsa agree with ^

Azlen wrote:

I can definitely understand both sides of the argument.

But honestly if they were to implement a name change, it wouldn't be as hard as they're making it sound.
      It could be as simple as this: the rule is only 1 per character (ever), to solve this "stupid name" problem people seem to have, and the top line on stats page simply says "previously x".
      So sure, "xcruciful" could name change to "LuffyCruciful" for example, but the top line on his page would say "Previously xcruciful". Simple. No need for any family system or anything complicated.

This game is very generous with stats and inspecting people. I'd argue it gives way more info than anyone should have access to at a glance of another player. "Inspecting" someone shouldnt make or break pvp fights beyond visually identifying gear and relative power level from that. But that's beside the point. There's plenty of room in a stat page for something like this, should they seem it worthy to implement.

Personally I don't care, I generally don't act like a dick and I have the name I want, just throwing this out there since it IS definitely a possible option, just one they may not want. But you can't say people changing a name one time is the most complicated thing in the world to handle.
      While we have this well thought out answer here to the name problem that devs and Elsa dont agree with and will probably remove.
    • I don't think anyone is saying that implementing name changes would be particularly hard, nor particularly ground breaking.

This isn't a "they can't figure out how to do it", they simply don't want to. Your name is you, for better or for worse. And sure, like people have said, it's possible to create new characters etc, and some people do. But it inconveniences them, they either have to accept the loss of their stats or re-invest to recreate those stats.

Some peoples fame or infamy might even be such that they carry it with them, others might let their old life fade into memory.

Ultimately it's a decisive issue, and you can look to communities like EvE to see the discussions that have been ongoing there for 10 years, they're going to cover most of the topics that you're going to discuss.

Ultimately it comes down to the developers, CCP have stood firm, and I'm of the opinion SBI should too.
    • As a pro trader, I can only recommend SBI supply what is in demand. If people demand name change, then sell it to them. Give them 10 different grades of service, such as diamond, platinum, gold, silver, copper service level, etc. Selling what is in demand is way better and easier than trying to force people to take things they don't want such as skins. For a business to succeed, it must sell the right products that have a market.
    • Player112 wrote:

As a pro trader, I can only recommend SBI supply what is in demand. If people demand name change, then sell it to them. Give them 10 different grades of service, such as diamond, platinum, gold, silver, copper service level, etc. Selling what is in demand is way better and easier than trying to force people to take things they don't want such as skins. For a business to succeed, it must sell the right products that have a market.
      U trolling so hard.

Diamond...change your name today.
      Plantinum...change your name next week.
      Gold...change your name next month.

Let's make a mini-game, nick-name changer.
      Like a 777 game, but with leters.
      Or a 8-ball pool game but with your nickname leters.

If any mod reads, pls move this topic to Banter.