Damnation is broken atm.

• Damnation is broken atm.

Just get a bunch of damnations in your zerg and you can destroy anybody.

Craps broken, it's not fun...Just get more damnations than your opponent and you'll win.
      The first one isn't too bad...it's the second, third, fourth and fifth.

reduce its AOE size or something, it's broken.

All you can do is have people wearing a bunch of demon armors and even then...still broken.
    • ViLEuo wrote:

Just get a bunch of damnations in your zerg and you can destroy anybody.

Craps broken, it's not fun...Just get more damnations than your opponent and you'll win.
      The first one isn't too bad...it's the second, third, fourth and fifth.

reduce its AOE size or something, it's broken.

All you can do is have people wearing a bunch of demon armors and even then...still broken.
      Damnation users often kill themselves.. Because the AoE is more often cast off screen, it's easy for a well versed demon armor to kill them.
    • You basically do the same shit with every big D weapon. Wailing/Siegebow/Repeater/Brimstone/etc etc...

Thoses waepons has differents strenght and weakness. Some can't be reflectable or has no castime or smaller aoe.

It's not broken because a single guy with demon armor and gig potion can kill ALONE 4-5 of them.

I'm not dumb since i never died against thoses damnation squads. Git gut and use ur brain.

Jesus every time everybody complains that a weapon is broken because they don't know how to play around...mark my words i'll get somebody that will make a thread to ask to nerf wispering because it's broken they don't know how to play against...

Move on seriously

EDIT : The hunter hood is an example to counter damnation. Seriously use your brain i know that you understand why proposed thoses items. Don't make me expose ur negative iq.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Owlsane ().

• I feel like this is less of an issue with damnation than it is the escalation mechanics. Very large aoes just benifit too much from escalation under the current mechanics. I'd rather escalation/resilience mechanics be reworked so that escalated abilities ignore resilience and do not contribute to resilience stacking instead of providing bonus damage.
    • My beef with Demon as a counter is that it reflects damage post resistance so it’s much less effective on a tank group vs a cloth group. Multiple dammy will still wipe a tank group with demon, but they won’t get self clapped.

Multiple dammy on a cloth group will wipe and the dammy will get clapped.

And allegedly the pierces stack

The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().

• Fusionbomb wrote:

MEATCUP wrote:

And allegedly the pierces stack
      Oh, u mean the Damnation E resist debuffs stack with itself? What about the armor pierce W, do they stack? (Not W + E.... but W + W and E + E)
      Allegedly - I have no evidence of this yet.

I did test a stoneskin demon vs non and confirmed that the less damage received (not dealt which I believe is an important nuance) means less damage reflected
    • Reflects are the best way to simply kill them. You just need to think a step forward instead begging to nerf everything except your gear. The warlock class is already really weak because it has only few viable staffs and nerfing those means the total end for Warlocks. So... just go for counters and if they don't work--> forum. But as you heard in other posts there are counters. Even 1 single hunter hood could kill all the Damnation users and they (the zergs) have much less DPS.
    • Ghurayb wrote:

Reflects are the best way to simply kill them. You just need to think a step forward instead begging to nerf everything except your gear. The warlock class is already really weak because it has only few viable staffs and nerfing those means the total end for Warlocks. So... just go for counters and if they don't work--> forum. But as you heard in other posts there are counters. Even 1 single hunter hood could kill all the Damnation users and they (the zergs) have much less DPS.
      I'm literally using the demon counter and they still live while 5 heavy tanks die. Did you read the rest of the post or just shill for curse staff?

You're suggesting that the entire party underneath the damnation use hunter hood? Because 'Just one hunter hood' means everyone including the hunter hood user is still dead - they may or may not have deserved the clap and I'm not suggesting that a singular dammy itself is super broken - but if it's true that the debuff stacks, then the tactic of using several dammys in succession (which is what we've repeatedly seen) is broken.

Also make sure you consider that if you share your IGN with your forum name - we can see what weapons you use often, and I sure as hell don't see damnation on there.
    • Yesterday at Castles AW Gaming brought a 6-7 man Damnation squad. they could delete most anyone inside, I barely survived on 1bar but I’m maxed and geared.

We took 5-6 of our demon tanks and baited, popped and killed their whole Damnation squad. except we lost all of our Demon tanks, cuz we forgot Demon resists don’t stack. But their bomb squad was dead so was easy to push and win.

Basically counter to damnation squad is, 3-4 demon armors + Judi armor + locus. Have Fallens cast early. Its pretty easy to predict because of the windups.

I think it’s a strong comp, especially for the first engage when it’s not spotted yet. A coordinated comp can counter it pretty well. As far as coordination It’s honestly no different than dealing with invis suicide galatines.
    • shotcaller goes over the plan in comms after the first damnation engage wipes 2-3 pple. Caller stands far forward to get a view, everyone gets in position fingers on the key cause we know ZvZ is typically rotated on CDs. So sometimes in the next 30seconds or so.

all it takes is the shotcaller making excited frantic noises “GO GO GO” and pple slam their Key. In the 1-2s wind up of damnation.

I see Damnation go the hardest in castles because of the concentrated choke points just aid in the insane AOE escalation it can get with its size

The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().