Normal bow

• TMR7 wrote:

I'm just saying the gameplay is very boring and linear, they could change it up a bit as it takes basically 0 skill to kill an enemy.
      Don't expect that every weapon in Albion Online is amazing and needs extreme high skill. If you want a to be a bit more skill oriented, use an uncommon build.

Albion is not about high skill, it is about tactics and builds to make a win as easy as possible.
    • Ghurayb wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

I'm just saying the gameplay is very boring and linear, they could change it up a bit as it takes basically 0 skill to kill an enemy.
      Don't expect that every weapon in Albion Online is amazing and needs extreme high skill. If you want a to be a bit more skill oriented, use an uncommon build.
      Albion is not about high skill, it is about tactics and builds to make a win as easy as possible.
      Honestly never said i expected everything to take amazing amounts of skill lmao all i said is that the gameplay around that weapon could probably be polished a bit more to make it more versatile.
      - Random lumberjack

• TMR7 wrote:

Ghurayb wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Don't expect that every weapon in Albion Online is amazing and needs extreme high skill. If you want a to be a bit more skill oriented, use an uncommon build.Albion is not about high skill, it is about tactics and builds to make a win as easy as possible.
      Honestly never said i expected everything to take amazing amounts of skill lmao all i said is that the gameplay around that weapon could probably be polished a bit more to make it more versatile.
      As is, the game's pretty short on auto-attack based weapons, and the ones besides normal bow tend to not even be all that viable outside of niche scenarios, but I understand where you're coming from given the similarities between the whispering and standard bow.

But I'm interested in hearing if you have any ideas to make it less "see enemy, activate super autos, pew pew pew".
    • Jaeger7 wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Ghurayb wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Don't expect that every weapon in Albion Online is amazing and needs extreme high skill. If you want a to be a bit more skill oriented, use an uncommon build.Albion is not about high skill, it is about tactics and builds to make a win as easy as possible.
      As is, the game's pretty short on auto-attack based weapons, and the ones besides normal bow tend to not even be all that viable outside of niche scenarios, but I understand where you're coming from given the similarities between the whispering and standard bow.
      But I'm interested in hearing if you have any ideas to make it less "see enemy, activate super autos, pew pew pew".
      I'm by no means a game designer, i don't think i could come up with something on the spot. All i can really say is that i'd love to see the E ability on the bow be an actual visual skill instead of just attack speed and more damage. I'm not that creative but maybe something like shooting a stunning arrow which stuns the enemy which you can then combo with hunter's jacket for normal auto attack speed. Or maybe some kind of attack that reduces resistances or places a debuff on the enemy. As you can see im not that good at coming up with stuff lol, but it'd be amazing to see some kind of change that would make the bow a rather interesting weapon than just a stand still and hope you can kill the enemy with auto attacks type deal.
      - Random lumberjack

• TMR7 wrote:

Jaeger7 wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Ghurayb wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

As is, the game's pretty short on auto-attack based weapons, and the ones besides normal bow tend to not even be all that viable outside of niche scenarios, but I understand where you're coming from given the similarities between the whispering and standard bow.But I'm interested in hearing if you have any ideas to make it less "see enemy, activate super autos, pew pew pew".
      I'm by no means a game designer, i don't think i could come up with something on the spot. All i can really say is that i'd love to see the E ability on the bow be an actual visual skill instead of just attack speed and more damage. I'm not that creative but maybe something like shooting a stunning arrow which stuns the enemy which you can then combo with hunter's jacket for normal auto attack speed. Or maybe some kind of attack that reduces resistances or places a debuff on the enemy. As you can see im not that good at coming up with stuff lol, but it'd be amazing to see some kind of change that would make the bow a rather interesting weapon than just a stand still and hope you can kill the enemy with auto attacks type deal.
      I mean, the bow does apply reduced resistances, and holds a heavy audio and visual que when activated, a purge will mess this weapon up big time. As far as the 0 skill part, your attack speed is tied to your stand time, the more damage you want to output, the more stationary you have to be, putting you at a large disadvantage against many opponents, usually this weapon is made strong by combining it with other armor pieces to buff damage or sustain, which are also all (you guessed it) purge-able.

The regular bow is an interesting weapon, and can be deadly in certain scenarios, the only problem I have with the bow is when it is paired with something like cleric robe + graveguard helm, the more non-skill part there, allowing you to just eat all the damage you want then full reset yourself boosting your damage and healpower by 30% whilst becoming immune for 3 sec... with a stacked up quicker that is often enough to decimate any opponent.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Jaeger7 wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Ghurayb wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

As is, the game's pretty short on auto-attack based weapons, and the ones besides normal bow tend to not even be all that viable outside of niche scenarios, but I understand where you're coming from given the similarities between the whispering and standard bow.But I'm interested in hearing if you have any ideas to make it less "see enemy, activate super autos, pew pew pew".
      I mean, the bow does apply reduced resistances, and holds a heavy audio and visual que when activated, a purge will mess this weapon up big time. As far as the 0 skill part, your attack speed is tied to your stand time, the more damage you want to output, the more stationary you have to be, putting you at a large disadvantage against many opponents, usually this weapon is made strong by combining it with other armor pieces to buff damage or sustain, which are also all (you guessed it) purge-able.
      The regular bow is an interesting weapon, and can be deadly in certain scenarios, the only problem I have with the bow is when it is paired with something like cleric robe + graveguard helm, the more non-skill part there, allowing you to just eat all the damage you want then full reset yourself boosting your damage and healpower by 30% whilst becoming immune for 3 sec... with a stacked up quicker that is often enough to decimate any opponent.
      I know it does that, i just mean it'd do that in a different fashion. Not just reduced resistances by simply Auto attacking. Some kind of spell or ability moreso, rather than an ''arrow-buff''. I'm not complaining about the bow being too strong or anything like that, as i said before, i'm just saying the gameplay surrounding the bow is extremely boring. So i don't know where things like ''the more damage you want to output, the more stationary you have to be, putting you at a large disadvantage against many opponents'' come from. I know all this, but its just a bit boring and could be polished up a bit. The graveguard cleric can be purged also, what's stronger is the hellion hood, you can literally auto attack them when invis and they cant even attack you back unless they have a ranged aoe, it's not broken, it doesn't win all fights but its a stupid mechanic.
      - Random lumberjack

• TMR7 wrote:

Jaeger7 wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

Ghurayb wrote:

TMR7 wrote:

No worries. You'll get a lot of flak for being critical without having a good alternative, but I do think it's possible to see problems in a system without necessarily having the solution (people won't like it, though).

I don't think they can put a hard CC on bow e because then between ray of light and the new E, it becomes way too good at dismounting/kiting. Warbow has been meta for ages with an E that only does damage. Resist debuff is already present on Deadly Shot on Q, don't think they'd want essentially two shred abilities.

I love albion for its depth in simplicity, but that also means it's difficult to create diversity while maintaining balance.
    • Jaeger7 wrote:

I don't think they can put a hard CC on bow e because then between ray of light and the new E, it becomes way too good at dismounting/kiting. Warbow has been meta for ages with an E that only does damage
      warbow had a stun on E +dmg before and it was super busted, then they made heron spear out of it :)

normal bow is fine, it you dont like the playstyle just dont use it, would be cool if it was skillshot based game, but in reality it wouldnt work with this netcode

The post was edited 1 time, last by tabooshka ().