I have a farm with 3 farming plots and some 800k silver. What farming activity has a decent ROI without premium?

• I have a farm with 3 farming plots and some 800k silver. What farming activity has a decent ROI without premium?

Tried to sum it up in the title. Im level 92 crop farm and 51 animal breeder. I want to play without premium for a while, what would the best farming (farm exclusive) activities be in my case?

I like logging in, tending to my farm, selling stuff on AH and doing it over again.

Edit: Farming or any activity that can be done exclusively from my island.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DrunkenWhaler ().

• DrunkenWhaler wrote:

Neef wrote:

Doing island farms without prem is hard to make money because you get so much less back from them, The only way or best way would be horses because you don't lose anything but time I think and maybe a baby here and there.
      Mounts then? Anything specific?
      Hmm, Maybe some t8 milk and maybe some pork pigs for meat or other animals for meat or milk? t3,t4, and t5 horses maybe I wouldnt do like t6 -t8 horses since you might lose the baby. I'm not sure whats the best because of the loss from not having prem. My guess would be like t3 to t4 horses.
    • jwhite179 wrote:

I would not do mounts if I were you.. Without premium, you're looking at getting a return every 3-6 days depending on the mount.

Premium reduces the raising period by half.
      Yes but time is better then losing half of the crop from not having prem isn't it. Because you wont have focus to get seeds back so you will have to buy seeds everytime inless you get lucky. t7 and t8 seeds do have a high return rate but idk.
    • I wouldn't recommend doing any type of farming without premium.

Without premium you're missing out on 100% extra crop yield, which means your outputs will barely cover the costs of replacement seeds/baby animals, since you will inevitably have to replace some if you don't have focus to guarantee seed/animal returns. In fact you are probably losing silver with most crops.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• I have ended up deciding there is nothing worth farming without focus. The farming plots are entirely designed to encourage premium account subscriptions.

I have five islands, one in each blue city, that I bought one month premium on characters to acquire. The fields sit fallow. The value of an Island for non upgraded accounts is the shared storage and laborer houses. And a shared refining building to serve as a silver bank

If I decide to farm I will get premium on my one character who grew cabbages in the past, but the compulsion to log that character in each and every day was a turn-off.

Focus makes parts of the game much simpler for those of us who eschew monthly premium. There are a lot of mechanics we can simply ignore. There is a whole lot of min/maxing we can disregard.
    • Dygenn_II wrote:

I have ended up deciding there is nothing worth farming without focus. The farming plots are entirely designed to encourage premium account subscriptions.

I have five islands, one in each blue city, that I bought one month premium on characters to acquire. The fields sit fallow. The value of an Island for non upgraded accounts is the shared storage and laborer houses. And a shared refining building to serve as a silver bank

If I decide to farm I will get premium on my one character who grew cabbages in the past, but the compulsion to log that character in each and every day was a turn-off.

Focus makes parts of the game much simpler for those of us who eschew monthly premium. There are a lot of mechanics we can simply ignore. There is a whole lot of min/maxing we can disregard.
      Focus is what keeps the economy functioning in a healthy way and also rewards players who grind high crafting/refining skill to lower their focus costs. If there was no focus system, players would quickly produce more supply than demand from players or the black market required, and no crafting would be profitable.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Theat wrote:

Crafting and farming in Albion is a complete loss without Premium.
      Crafting is not a complete loss, it's just slow. You still do gain and profit, just not as much as those with premium. It's only a loss if you consider profit a competition rather than a means to accomplish other goals. Except for cooking, cooking without an island or farms is a complete loss.

I can't say I know about farming itself, because I don't have an island yet.
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Dygenn_II wrote:

I have ended up deciding there is nothing worth farming without focus. The farming plots are entirely designed to encourage premium account subscriptions.

Focus is what keeps the economy functioning in a healthy way and also rewards players who grind high crafting/refining skill to lower their focus costs. If there was no focus system, players would quickly produce more supply than demand from players or the black market required, and no crafting would be profitable.
      True, but crafting output is ultimately gated by resource availability. There are only a specific number of nodes available to gather, even if there were an infinite number of gatherers.

Focus is what keeps the servers and developers paid. There isn't anything in the game that can't be done without focus, and there are even players who grind that way for their fun.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Theat wrote:

Crafting is not a complete loss, it's just slow. You still do gain and profit, just not as much as those with premium. It's only a loss if you consider profit a competition rather than a means to accomplish other goals. Except for cooking, cooking without an island or farms is a complete loss.
      I can't say I know about farming itself, because I don't have an island yet.
      Loss meaning the crafted final-product is worth significantly less than 80% of the resource costs.

And yes, you will run at a loss without Premium...
    • Theat wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Theat wrote:

Crafting is not a complete loss, it's just slow. You still do gain and profit, just not as much as those with premium. It's only a loss if you consider profit a competition rather than a means to accomplish other goals. Except for cooking, cooking without an island or farms is a complete loss.I can't say I know about farming itself, because I don't have an island yet.
      Loss meaning the crafted final-product is worth significantly less than 80% of the resource costs.
      And yes, you will run at a loss without Premium...
      So in other words you don't know the definition of loss. Loss means running in the negative. Any other arbitrary definition is meaningless.
    • That's a flat out lie. I can craft several of what I want keep the best and sell the rest and my silver keeps going up. Loss means I would lose silver in that endeavor, not gain. Therefore, your arbitrary definition either does not apply, you're simply mistaken, or you're being intentionally dishonest. I don't know which it is and I honestly don't care.