Warlock, especially Cursed Skull (UP)

    • Warlock, especially Cursed Skull (UP)

      I created this post before but I did this under "Discussions" and not under this topic.

      Hey,
      don't you think some cursed staffs are underpowered? They do too less damage or have high cooldowns. Especially the cursed skull. The E does good damage, but it is easily dodgeble. So why does it have a 30s cooldown if the one handed has only 15s? The next thing many people are wondering is, why the Q is so broken. The single target Q needs 8s to stack up completely and does only 4x47 DMG every 2s (T4) [compared to 389 DMG every 1.2s with the third Q of every Frost Staff (T4)]. And the second Q is a sickle that is ultra slow and doesn't even need an ability to dodge.

      So I have some ideas to improve the cursed staff:
      -First: Adding a new Q that applies Vile Curses as AOE with 3m radius
      -Second: First Q should a) have a shorter cd or b) applies two curses instead one
      -Third: Making the sickle in the second Q move faster
      -Fourth: Buffing thedamage of all W's
      -Fifth: Reducing the CDs of the E for the Skull, Demonic and Lifecurse
    • The thing that is kinda sad is that nobody cares about the cursed skull :(

      I saw a nice post from 2018 that described some issues with this weapon as well and even that was ignored.

      The post is here: Lets talk ~ Cursed Skull ~ Haunting Screams ~ + Curse in General

      If you go to albionoffline.com, you can find a list of underpowered weapons (even if it old). Yeah, some were buffed or fixed now but the skull and the cursed line itself still wait for it.

      The list can be found here: albionoffline.com/tracker/2121…wered-weapons-and-skills/
    • Ghurayb wrote:

      The single target Q needs 8s to stack up completely and does only 4x47 DMG every 2s (T4) [compared to 389 DMG every 1.2s with the third Q of every Frost Staff (T4)].
      A curse staff will tick damage while moving and being out of range - the point being you can do other things than cast while dealing damage - like move out of the way of ice shard. A frost has to be in range and actively attacking to do any damage.


      I agree with cursed skull tho.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      Ghurayb wrote:

      Still so low DMG! A 25-50% buff would be enough. And no one is complaining about the massive DMG that the bleeds of axes do.
      same story. you have to be in melee range to deal damage. 25-50% is absurd.
      I see we have different opinions. Let's switch to other abilities and spells or to my idea to make a new Q. People also complained about the short range of the first Q so maybe tell me how YOU would work with the Warlock class and especially the cursed skull.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ghurayb ().

    • Ghurayb wrote:

      MEATCUP wrote:

      Ghurayb wrote:

      Still so low DMG! A 25-50% buff would be enough. And no one is complaining about the massive DMG that the bleeds of axes do.
      same story. you have to be in melee range to deal damage. 25-50% is absurd.
      I see we have different opinions. Let's switch to other abilities and spells or to my idea to make a new Q. People also complained about the short range of the first Q so maybe tell me how YOU would work with the Warlock class and especially the cursed skull.
      Sure. I think in general Curse is in good spot.

      1h curse unreflectable is fun and gives it more life from the current parry sword meta and hunter hood, cleric robes, popular in ganking kits.

      I think the Q is fine. If I had to buff it you can’t swing 25-50%. Current NDA has moved frost staff in increments of 7% and 6%. If it had to be done, there’s a decent precedent.

      Curse skull could probably use an increase (<10%) in damage or some other mild utility like decreased healing, slow, or some fun mechanic like an enhanced Damage burst if you slap it on a target with 4 stacks.


      Like I already told you, I agree with curse skull needing some love.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().

    • Ghurayb wrote:

      What do we need to do that the Albion Online Staff begins to work on it? I mean there are already few people that talked about the same stuff but nothing happened, so I want to change it.
      Keep doing what you're doing! Drive conversation, ask questions and get feedback.

      There's other bits that IMO "Stealth Buffed" curse skull - like the player HP pool increase. Since it deals % of max HP to players, any weapon with flat damage deals comparatively less after the change, while the cursed skull maintained a flatter damage falloff. It also means Magic Resist doesn't influence the damage taken.

      Still kinda sucks tho. :/
    • Ghurayb wrote:

      What do we need to do that the Albion Online Staff begins to work on it? I mean there are already few people that talked about the same stuff but nothing happened, so I want to change it.
      show video proof of situations where you think it should have worked, and then explain why it didnt.

      I know showing this sometimes can be difficult - but that is the best way to get the DEV's attention. Why do you think swords (and Carving) are getting nerfed so fast after just getting buffs and new skills last patch? Because of too many videos of people being to 1v2 and 1v3 easily.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      I personally like Cursed Skull, and don't think it needs a buff. Definitely not 25-50%.
      Read 0 lol

      That was related to the Q and I already checked that with MEATCUP. Lol, you better read the posts and the relations to them before you are complaining.

      My ideas to buff/work on the E of the Cursed Skull is following:

      a) It slows enemies movement (not attack speed) b) It debuffs resistance c) more DMG d) larger radius

      (I don't want that it becomes more than 1-2 of this features/buffs)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Ghurayb wrote:

      What do we need to do that the Albion Online Staff begins to work on it? I mean there are already few people that talked about the same stuff but nothing happened, so I want to change it.
      show video proof of situations where you think it should have worked, and then explain why it didnt.
      I know showing this sometimes can be difficult - but that is the best way to get the DEV's attention. Why do you think swords (and Carving) are getting nerfed so fast after just getting buffs and new skills last patch? Because of too many videos of people being to 1v2 and 1v3 easily.
      I am not a YTber and I am also not able to make a video because I am on vacation. I did my part and wrote this threat. I just wanna tell you guys that we need to go a step forward and that it is time for the staff do simply take look at it. But you can't tell dude... tank is pretty balanced...
    • Ghurayb wrote:

      My ideas to buff/work on the E of the Cursed Skull is following:

      a) It slows enemies movement (not attack speed) b) It debuffs resistance c) more DMG d) larger radius
      Slowing portion is contradictory... frost already does that...

      Curse us always about resistance and/or healing debuffs and DOTs.

      A good change would be either of the 2 (or both):
      1) Cursed skull applies a vile curse every 0.5 sec you stay in the AOE and/or reduced resistances by 5% every 0.5 sec target is in AOE (max 5 stack or something)
      2) Cursed Skull reduces healing received by 20% or removes healing like Great Curse (per 1 sec or per 0.5 sec)

      Also buffing the 2% HP damage based off max health of the target would be nice. Dual Sword does 6% max HP as DMG and is mobile instant-cast, while cursed skull is not mobile (the AOE barely moves) and deals only 2% of max HP.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

      Sure. I think in general Curse is in good spot.
      1h curse unreflectable is fun and gives it more life from the current parry sword meta and hunter hood, cleric robes, popular in ganking kits.
      Fun fact.

      When parry was added to the game , it was broken and was not reflecting (never during all lifetime of this spell) Cursed stuff E spell (before latest patch , when it become unreflectable ). You , as sword user , was just ignoring damage.

      So the fun thing was - to read peoples complaining on forum how they are killing themselves with reflect , reflect on swords is OP , Fix it (From cursed stuff users) ! Etc... And baaam , Devs decide to make it unreflactable right NOW , before global Patch ,despite that this change was part of this latest patch(that not even in the game right now) - Right here.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Slowing portion is contradictory... frost already does that...
      Curse us always about resistance and/or healing debuffs and DOTs.

      A good change would be either of the 2 (or both):
      1) Cursed skull applies a vile curse every 0.5 sec you stay in the AOE and/or reduced resistances by 5% every 0.5 sec target is in AOE (max 5 stack or something)
      2) Cursed Skull reduces healing received by 20% or removes healing like Great Curse (per 1 sec or per 0.5 sec)

      Also buffing the 2% HP damage based off max health of the target would be nice. Dual Sword does 6% max HP as DMG and is mobile instant-cast, while cursed skull is not mobile (the AOE barely moves) and deals only 2% of max HP.
      Warlock has a root ability, so I don't see a problem in giving one single cursed weapon one more moving impacting spell.

      I would not go with a healing debuff or remove because the GCS and Demonic staff already have those spells and it could make them useless or not so attractive anymore.

      Buffing the damage could be nice but it can't be much buffed because it is a ranged weapon with AOE and those need to be weaker than melees so it is balanced with kiting.

      So +1 for DMG buff and -1 for healing reduction/removing
    • Equart wrote:

      MEATCUP wrote:

      Sure. I think in general Curse is in good spot.
      1h curse unreflectable is fun and gives it more life from the current parry sword meta and hunter hood, cleric robes, popular in ganking kits.
      Fun fact.
      When parry was added to the game , it was broken and was not reflecting (never during all lifetime of this spell) Cursed stuff E spell (before latest patch , when it become unreflectable ). You , as sword user , was just ignoring damage.

      So the fun thing was - to read peoples complaining on forum how they are killing themselves with reflect , reflect on swords is OP , Fix it (From cursed stuff users) ! Etc... And baaam , Devs decide to make it unreflactable right NOW , before global Patch ,despite that this change was part of this latest patch(that not even in the game right now) - Right here.
      Yeah dude, that's why I decided to fight for my new favourite weapon :).

      I really like the new E of the 1handed! I switched to the other staffs because many people had that reflecting hood and now they made it like the bomb of the ligh crossbow which had the reflect immunity since a long time for some reason.

      If the skulls still stays weak I'm gonna switch to the 1h and other cursed again...
    • Ghurayb wrote:

      My ideas to buff/work on the E of the Cursed Skull is following:


      a) It slows enemies movement (not attack speed) b) It debuffs resistance c) more DMG d) larger radius

      (I don't want that it becomes more than 1-2 of this features/buffs)

      Captainrussia wrote:

      A good change would be either of the 2 (or both):
      1) Cursed skull applies a vile curse every 0.5 sec you stay in the AOE and/or reduced resistances by 5% every 0.5 sec target is in AOE (max 5 stack or something)
      2) Cursed Skull reduces healing received by 20% or removes healing like Great Curse (per 1 sec or per 0.5 sec)

      Also buffing the 2% HP damage based off max health of the target would be nice. Dual Sword does 6% max HP as DMG and is mobile instant-cast, while cursed skull is not mobile (the AOE barely moves) and deals only 2% of max HP.
      I got a new idea for the Haunting Scream:
      -Silencing the enemy because they are fearing?
    • moving into a double status like fear and silence -
      If I’m feared, to counter - would have to prepot the knight helm or cast it during influence.
      If I’m silenced, I would have to cleanse but I can’t cleanse during fear.

      Please weigh in if I don’t consider other options.

      Putting both would make it very difficult to reactive counter and easily baitable as an easier active counter.
      I’d only implement if case time was wayyyy higher to compensate