"AOE curse staffs" are underpowered

• "AOE curse staffs" are underpowered

Hey,
      don't you think the cursed staffs are underpowered (except the one handed cursed staff)? They do too less damage or have a high cooldown. E.g. the cursed skull. The E does good damage, but it is easily dodgeble. So why does it have a 30s cooldown if the one handed has only 15s? The next thing many people are wondering is, why the Q is so broken. The single target Q needs 8s to stack up completely and does only 4x47 DMG every 2s (T4) [compared to 389 DMG every 1.2s with the third Q of every Frost Staff (T4)]. And the second Q is a sickle that is ultra slow and doesn't even need an ability to dodge.

So I have some ideas to improve the cursed staff:
      First: Adding a new Q that applies Vile Curses as AOE with 3m radius
      Second: First Q should a) have a shorter cd or b) applies two curses instead one
      Third: Making the sickle in the second Q move faster
      Fourth: Buffing the damage of all W's
      Fifth: Reducing the CDs of the E's (except 1h)

I'd appreciate a like so the Albion Online Staff gets attention to this post.
    • Every weapon has its place. Obviously, if you want a weapon that is pretty good at everything in the game then go with the bow line. But the AOE cursed staff is just awesome for certain tasks. For instance, as a GvG weapon a high spec great curse staff (GCS) is amazing. I fought in a GvG where this GCS had one simple but important job. He would run up to the top cap and just lay down that bouncing sickle on top of the capping stone. One single bump and I was vile cursed. The tic on that vile curse lasts FOREVER. So he would just drop it on the stone. I had to cancel my cap and dodge. Otherwise, you can’t cap for the entire duration of the vile curse tic- it keeps resetting you. Then, if he missed that he would wait for me to be almost done capping and drop the AOE vile curse. Between the two, I never had time to get off a cap. Now, if he tried to fight me he would lose. No way he could win with that low damage. But he was absolutely effective at shutting me down. If I chased after him he’d just step back to his healer and group of soldier armor tanks.

Also, the great cursed staff AOE removes all positive buffs on enemies, such as HEAL OVER TIME. So the GCS is the perfect answer to the currently OP new nature staff W that throws 3 mushroom stacks into everyone in a huge radius. The GCS can undo that and then everyone is sitting ducks.

Also, I have an alt with 100 spec GCS, and she can run into a massive pile of wolves and kill them all with the AOE vile curses. It’s a sick build for leather or pup farming. For ZvZ that debuff is huge to cancel nature healers and drop everyone’s DPS. So I don’t think GCS needs to be fixed at all. But no, it will never be a solo PvP weapon. But if you’re leveling cursed, you have the single handed for that purpose. Just like Longbow is a crappy solo PvP weapon.
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

1H and Great Curse and Damnation are in a good spot. Although I do wish Damnation was unreflectable like the brimstone/weeping/wailing.
      Demonic probably could use a slight buff
      Lifecurse and Cursed Skull need either huge buff or complete reworks.
      Yesterday, i took 1600 dmg from a Damnation, while in full plate inside a demon armor aura & judicator armor aura.
      Don't buff what's already OP please.
      1h curse was already strong even though there is a lot of ways to counter it, they all have long CDs or aren't viable for small scale.
      Lifecurse needs a total rework, or as follows:
      - becomes unpurgeable
      - stacks last 3 times longer.
      It would still be medium though.
      I'll try the cursed skull this evening and see how it perfoms. It might be a secret OP in some situations... ?(
      Demonic is great, people just don't play antiheal comp (I would recommend though)
    • Ghurayb wrote:

I never played with the Damnation staff but I know that the Cataclysm is buffed. So why are we not looking at all the other abilities of a Damnation staff? Broken as I wrote earlier.
      - cursed sickle is really strong right now
      - the monotarget Q has a lower CD and is going to hit the enemy 100% making it strong too. I don't remember if it's range got buffed though.
      - desecrate is a strong CC + the application of a stack makes it strong.
      - the pierce W is situationnal but it can still be used over the desecrate
      - dark matter is more of a troll W but it's lack of strength is in the spell itself
      - grudge might need a buff. It got nerfed to it's current state because it was OP, now it's a hard gameplay for what it does, and it doesn't justify it's use over other Ws.
      - cursed beam is old, and should apply stacks overtime imo.
    • The cd of the Q is not short. A Frost staff has 0s cd and 1s channel time on the most Qs and they do nasty DMG. The cursed staff needs fricking 8s to stack up completely to do serious DMG. So how is this a short cd? 2s×4=8! And the sickle is only effective against huge groups but not against enemies less than 5 people. The Ws are pretty ok but some are slightly UP. Besides that the only cursed staffs that have ok E's are 1h, Great and Damnation. But those others are forgotten and need rework.
    • Ghurayb wrote:

The cd of the Q is not short. A Frost staff has 0s cd and 1s channel time on the most Qs and they do nasty DMG. The cursed staff needs fricking 8s to stack up completely to do serious DMG. So how is this a short cd? 2s×4=8! And the sickle is only effective against huge groups but not against enemies less than 5 people.
      U can move/kite while they have to stand still and spam to do any damage at all...
    • No, we don't. Curse is the best 2v2 weapon atm (and no, not the 1h one, that one is terrible against anyone with a brain). It is a bit underused in 5s but imo that's because people are slow, not that the weapon is bad. It is meh in ZvZ but you can't have a weapon that is excellent in all aspects of the game.

Don't touch cursed staves, they're in a great place.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

I'll try the cursed skull this evening and see how it perfoms. It might be a secret OP in some situations... ?(
      Demonic is great, people just don't play antiheal comp (I would recommend though)
      I like cursed skull tbh... though the area could probably be a bit larger.

Demonic is a very good staff... completely underrated.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

Damnation AoE should probably be shrunk a bit or damage tuned down -- its def OP now.
      Last buff was totally crazy, returned it's "Domination" name.
      It's even better then it was since relics introduction.

Retroman wrote:

Cursed Staffs:
      Cataclysm (Damnation Staff)
      Damage: 120 -> 160
      Debuff Duration: 8s -> 6s
      Cast Range: 10m -> 12m
      Cooldown: 45s -> 30s
      WTB skill