Alternative way to fix mount sound spam

    • How would a forced cool-down before remount be a 'fix' for anything, and not just an idea foisted to forum troll again?

      Anybody with a clue doesn't gather on an ox. You gather on a faster mount that isn't designed as a convoy hauler. And you dismount-to-harvest at every node and remount immediately, even if the next node is rather close. This is known as defensive gathering. Your re-mount is never further away than an instant click.

      People without a clue, and strictly blue zone gatherers can fart around on oxen and wander far away if they like, but they're using a playstyle that will get them regularly ganked later on.

      A cooldown to remount as punishment for gathering in the proper defensive style? Such a proposal has to be a troll. Nobody could be so clueless as to toss put such a suggestion.

      Carry on, forum PvPers, I guess.
    • Dygenn_II wrote:

      How would a forced cool-down before remount be a 'fix' for anything, and not just an idea foisted to forum troll again?

      Anybody with a clue doesn't gather on an ox. You gather on a faster mount that isn't designed as a convoy hauler. And you dismount-to-harvest at every node and remount immediately, even if the next node is rather close. This is known as defensive gathering. Your re-mount is never further away than an instant click.

      People without a clue, and strictly blue zone gatherers can fart around on oxen and wander far away if they like, but they're using a playstyle that will get them regularly ganked later on.

      A cooldown to remount as punishment for gathering in the proper defensive style? Such a proposal has to be a troll. Nobody could be so clueless as to toss put such a suggestion.

      Carry on, forum PvPers, I guess.
      Actually, as things stand, those on oxen never leave the blue and yellow zones. That's the problem I'm trying to address. If their oxen become more of a pain to gather with than it is worth, it will encourage them to gather without them, and propel them to the areas with higher tier nodes.

      For the record though, Running isn't defensive, any more than grouping five or more to go after one is brave.
    • Actually author used this tactic to harras people in other topic that was about adding "Mute mounts sound" option to the game that asked to be clientsided. And now i use this tactic to his posts. So now he is whining around while everyone says he is wrong.

      Still terrible suggestions that became worse and filthier after every word from author. Author should delete topic and stop shaming himself in front of community.

      (Dont forget, i just boosting my posts counter, yeah)
      Гусиный Дом набирает игроков: tiny.cc/0mhp6y
    • Yeqqi wrote:

      Actually author used this tactic to harras people in other topic that was about adding "Mute mounts sound" option to the game that asked to be clientsided. And now i use this tactic to his posts. So now he is whining around while everyone says he is wrong.

      Still terrible suggestions that became worse and filthier after every word from author. Author should delete topic and stop shaming himself in front of community.

      (Dont forget, i just boosting my posts counter, yeah)
      You only don't like the suggestion because then you'd have to stop running around with an ox in the yellow zone. If you want, I could always join the camp that wants to get rid of yellow zones altogether instead. This seems like a better compromise in my eyes, but meh. Bottom line though, if people have to suffer seeing your ox in the yellow zones, you should AT LEAST have to suffer hearing it.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      Yeqqi wrote:

      Actually author used this tactic to harras people in other topic that was about adding "Mute mounts sound" option to the game that asked to be clientsided. And now i use this tactic to his posts. So now he is whining around while everyone says he is wrong.

      Still terrible suggestions that became worse and filthier after every word from author. Author should delete topic and stop shaming himself in front of community.

      (Dont forget, i just boosting my posts counter, yeah)
      You only don't like the suggestion because then you'd have to stop running around with an ox in the yellow zone. If you want, I could always join the camp that wants to get rid of yellow zones altogether instead. This seems like a better compromise in my eyes, but meh. Bottom line though, if people have to suffer seeing your ox in the yellow zones, you should AT LEAST have to suffer hearing it.
      I still stand by my original post for a simple check box to disable creature sounds for mounting and dismounting :3
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Psycha wrote:

      I still stand by my original post for a simple check box to disable creature sounds for mounting and dismounting :3
      First, since this is your first comment here and it doesn't seem meant as an obvious troll, thank you for your input.

      If you could expend your argument for or against with a little logic behind your opinion to explain the benefit or detriment to the player base as a whole, it would be easier to have an actual discussion on the matter.

      That said; that's exactly where the argument in that thread and the idea for this thread started. Many others would rather not see nor hear oxen in the blue and yellow zones all over the place. The yellow zones is especially irritating as oxen abusers are being annoying with minimal risk, especially when you won't find a single one in a red or black zone. If oxen abusers were at least consistent everywhere, I and others could more easily accept it as part of the game. Instead, oxen abusers are being annoying and griefiing players who don't misuse systems intended for other things.

      Since oxen abusers want to make their abuse easier, and a simple reminding that they shouldn't be doing that didn't work in the slightest, perhaps it's time to actually start talking about addressing the issue.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      Psycha wrote:

      I still stand by my original post for a simple check box to disable creature sounds for mounting and dismounting :3
      First, since this is your first comment here and it doesn't seem meant as an obvious troll, thank you for your input.
      If you could expend your argument for or against with a little logic behind your opinion to explain the benefit or detriment to the player base as a whole, it would be easier to have an actual discussion on the matter.

      That said; that's exactly where the argument in that thread and the idea for this thread started. Many others would rather not see nor hear oxen in the blue and yellow zones all over the place. The yellow zones is especially irritating as oxen abusers are being annoying with minimal risk, especially when you won't find a single one in a red or black zone. If oxen abusers were at least consistent everywhere, I and others could more easily accept it as part of the game. Instead, oxen abusers are being annoying and griefiing players who don't misuse systems intended for other things.

      Since oxen abusers want to make their abuse easier, and a simple reminding that they shouldn't be doing that didn't work in the slightest, perhaps it's time to actually start talking about addressing the issue.
      Trying to turn this into a segmented thought out post now is pointless as you've ruined yourself on that rep by making this post out of spite because my suggestion makes things simple for the devs.

      Also the way you replied in my post just screams salty.. You had your chance to be constructive and give decent feedback in my post but chose to act like a trollish child.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Psycha ().

    • Psycha wrote:

      Trying to turn this into a segmented thought out post now is pointless as you've ruined yourself on that rep by making this post out of spite because my suggestion makes things simple for the devs.

      Also the way you replied in my post just screams salty.. You had your chance to be constructive and give decent feedback in my post but chose to act like a trollish child.
      So, In other words;, no, you don't have anything of value to contribute to the subject in either thread. Got it!

      Won't be difficult to get this back on track and ready for quality posts that aren't from trolls.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Dc1a0 ().

    • Double down on your childish trolling, dude. Let's turn this discussion into one on your opinions about people 'abusing' mounts, and a back-and-forth between you and anybody who bites on your trollbait.

      Geeze, give it up. But who am I kidding. This is your thing. Now you can snipe at this comment, too.
    • Since a few invested against this idea, and some that prefer to argue with the OP than to actually discuss the merits of the idea have, (not completely unsuccessfully,) to derail this thread. In order to attempt to encourage actual thoughtful discourse on the subject, it seems time for a recap.

      Though, the title of this thread is reactionary to another thread, it does pay homage to that thread for being how this idea formed. The idea came from those using a transport mechanic for gather in order to create a bottle-neck in low tier gathering, wanting to make their misuse of the transport mechanic easier on them by wanting to disable sounds that their actions are directly causing. In other words, they are getting annoyed by a result of their own actions, so they want to change the annoying part of the result, rather than their own actions.

      The main problem is that their way of using the transport mechanic annoys and impedes newer players. As they almost exclusively employ these methods in the safe zones where their actions can't be brought to heel by the other players, they're making things harder for players who are not ready to leave the safe zones yet trying to work up their gathering skills in order to be able to gather in the higher zones.

      As it is through, their actions that they are simultaneously causing problems for other players, and annoying themselves through their own actions. Since one among them made a suggestion that addressed their annoyance, without addressing the problems caused to other players, an alternative needs to be found.

      The first suggestion in this thread was devised in order to make use of another mechanic reported to be introduced. Thinking like a hobbyist indie developer, the thought that re-using functions is usually a good thing for the code base, I came up with a similar mechanic for mounts as the getting off and on is the direct action annoying those trying to address only half of the issue. The thought behind this was that if you reduce the action, you reduce the resulting sound. This idea addresses all sides of the issue.

      The pros for this idea:
      • Re-uses functions already being added to the code base, making it easier to implement and maintain.
      • Addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions
      • It encourages a more even playing field between those who are there to raise their skill and those who no longer need to as it discourages toxic methods.
      • It can potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.



      A second thought that could have most of the same results, is to force players equipped with transport mounts to turn red in yellow zones. The thought behind this is that while the player using the transport mount cannot be seriously hurt, it does allow for other players to poof their mounts when using them for gathering rather than transport.

      The pros for this idea:
      • encourages a more even playing field between those who are their to raise their skill and those who no longer need to by discouraging toxic methods
      • potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.
      • addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions.


      To this point, the only cons that have been brought up are:
      • Don't like the idea because it addresses both sides of the issue and not just the side that benefits them - without logical argument [tally-start]
      • Don't like the OP, and therefore don't like the idea by default - without logical argument [tally-start]
      • Just want to increase post count and tries to pass off ad hominem attacks as logical arguments - sometimes effective at provoking response [tally-start]
      • Complete misunderstanding of the idea and issues surrounding- would rather attack than discuss [tally-start]


      These recaps are to discourage further replies of no value as they will result in a new recap with valuable arguments if any before the no value reply added, as well as the no value reply being tallied and otherwise discarded. This new method is an attempt to promote logical discussion and discourage emotional, no value discussion.
    • Since a few invested against this idea, and some that prefer to argue
      with the OP than to actually discuss the merits of the idea have, (not
      completely unsuccessfully,) to derail this thread. In order to attempt
      to encourage actual thoughtful discourse on the subject, it seems time
      for a recap.


      Though, the title of this thread is reactionary to another thread, it
      does pay homage to that thread for being how this idea formed. The idea
      came from those using a transport mechanic for gather in order to create
      a bottle-neck in low tier gathering, wanting to make their misuse of
      the transport mechanic easier on them by wanting to disable sounds that
      their actions are directly causing. In other words, they are getting
      annoyed by a result of their own actions, so they want to change the
      annoying part of the result, rather than their own actions.


      The main problem is that their way of using the transport mechanic
      annoys and impedes newer players. As they almost exclusively employ
      these methods in the safe zones where their actions can't be brought to
      heel by the other players, they're making things harder for players who
      are not ready to leave the safe zones yet trying to work up their
      gathering skills in order to be able to gather in the higher zones.


      As it is through, their actions that they are simultaneously causing
      problems for other players, and annoying themselves through their own
      actions. Since one among them made a suggestion that addressed their
      annoyance, without addressing the problems caused to other players, an
      alternative needs to be found.


      The first suggestion in this thread was devised in order to make use of
      another mechanic reported to be introduced. Thinking like a hobbyist
      indie developer, the thought that re-using functions is usually a good
      thing for the code base, I came up with a similar mechanic for mounts as
      the getting off and on is the direct action annoying those trying to
      address only half of the issue. The thought behind this was that if you
      reduce the action, you reduce the resulting sound. This idea addresses
      all sides of the issue.


      The pros for this idea:
      • Re-uses functions already being added to the code base, making it easier to implement and maintain.
      • Addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions
      • It encourages a more even playing field between those who are there to raise their skill and those who no longer need to as it discourages toxic methods.
      • It can potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.



      A second thought that could have most of the same results, is to force
      players equipped with transport mounts to turn red in yellow zones. The
      thought behind this is that while the player using the transport mount
      cannot be seriously hurt, it does allow for other players to poof their
      mounts when using them for gathering rather than transport.


      The pros for this idea:
      • encourages a more even playing field between those who are their to raise their skill and those who no longer need to by discouraging toxic methods
      • potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.
      • addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions.


      To this point, the only cons that have been brought up are:
      • Don't like the idea because it addresses both sides of the issue and not just the side that benefits them - without logical argument [tally-start +1]
      • Don't like the OP, and therefore don't like the idea by default - without logical argument [tally-start]
      • Just want to increase post count and tries to pass off ad hominem attacks as logical arguments - sometimes effective at provoking response [tally-start]
      • Complete misunderstanding of the idea and issues surrounding- would rather attack than discuss [tally-start]


      These recaps are to discourage further replies of no value as they will result in a new recap with valuable arguments if any before the no value reply added, as well as the no value reply being tallied and otherwise discarded. This new method is an attempt to promote logical discussion and discourage emotional, no value discussion.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      I'm filthy whiner, who cant accept that my opinion caused negative reaction from community due to my stupidity and stubbornness.
      Fixed it for you once more. And also:

      Dc1a0 wrote:

      As far as the topic being closed:
      A) It's not your thread
      B) You're not in control of anyone but yourself.
      So now you trying to shut up people around you, due to your inability to surrender and admit being an idiot
      Great.

      P.S. boosting post count.
      Гусиный Дом набирает игроков: tiny.cc/0mhp6y
    • Since a few invested against this idea, and some that prefer to argue
      with the OP than to actually discuss the merits of the idea have, (not
      completely unsuccessfully,) to derail this thread. In order to attempt
      to encourage actual thoughtful discourse on the subject, it seems time
      for a recap.



      Though, the title of this thread is reactionary to another thread, it
      does pay homage to that thread for being how this idea formed. The idea
      came from those using a transport mechanic for gather in order to create
      a bottle-neck in low tier gathering, wanting to make their misuse of
      the transport mechanic easier on them by wanting to disable sounds that
      their actions are directly causing. In other words, they are getting
      annoyed by a result of their own actions, so they want to change the
      annoying part of the result, rather than their own actions.



      The main problem is that their way of using the transport mechanic
      annoys and impedes newer players. As they almost exclusively employ
      these methods in the safe zones where their actions can't be brought to
      heel by the other players, they're making things harder for players who
      are not ready to leave the safe zones yet trying to work up their
      gathering skills in order to be able to gather in the higher zones.



      As it is through, their actions that they are simultaneously causing
      problems for other players, and annoying themselves through their own
      actions. Since one among them made a suggestion that addressed their
      annoyance, without addressing the problems caused to other players, an
      alternative needs to be found.



      The first suggestion in this thread was devised in order to make use of
      another mechanic reported to be introduced. Thinking like a hobbyist
      indie developer, the thought that re-using functions is usually a good
      thing for the code base, I came up with a similar mechanic for mounts as
      the getting off and on is the direct action annoying those trying to
      address only half of the issue. The thought behind this was that if you
      reduce the action, you reduce the resulting sound. This idea addresses
      all sides of the issue.



      The pros for this idea:
      • Re-uses functions already being added to the code base, making it easier to implement and maintain.
      • Addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions
      • It encourages a more even playing field between those who are there to raise their skill and those who no longer need to as it discourages toxic methods.
      • It can potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.



      A second thought that could have most of the same results, is to force
      players equipped with transport mounts to turn red in yellow zones. The
      thought behind this is that while the player using the transport mount
      cannot be seriously hurt, it does allow for other players to poof their
      mounts when using them for gathering rather than transport.



      The pros for this idea:
      • encourages a more even playing field between those who are their to raise their skill and those who no longer need to by discouraging toxic methods
      • potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.
      • addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions.


      To this point, the only cons that have been brought up are:
      • Don't like the idea because it addresses both sides of the issue and not just the side that benefits them - without logical argument [tally-start +2]
      • Don't like the OP, and therefore don't like the idea by default - without logical argument [tally-start]
      • Just want to increase post count and tries to pass off ad hominem attacks as logical arguments - sometimes effective at provoking response [tally-start]
      • Complete misunderstanding of the idea and issues surrounding- would rather attack than discuss [tally-start]
      Notes:
      Replies with no rational arguments or logic will continued to be indexed and ignored. Please leave irrational and illogical arguments on Facebook. Actual logical and rational replies are welcome and when they actually come, a discussion can happen.


      These recaps are to discourage further replies of no value as they will
      result in a new recap with valuable arguments if any before the no value
      reply added, as well as the no value reply being tallied and otherwise
      discarded. This new method is an attempt to promote logical discussion
      and discourage emotional, no value discussion.
    • Forum PvPer gotta Forum PvP.

      But just spamming the same thing makes you look weak.

      Your idea was just a bad idea. Gatherers who gather defensively mount and dismount many times per minute. Your 'idea' was just asshole spam to get people upset.

      You can polish a turd and it's still not a valuable idea.
    • Dygenn_II wrote:

      Forum PvPer gotta Forum PvP.

      But just spamming the same thing makes you look weak.

      Your idea was just a bad idea. Gatherers who gather defensively mount and dismount many times per minute. Your 'idea' was just asshole spam to get people upset.

      You can polish a turd and it's still not a valuable idea.
      Thank you
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Since a few invested against this idea, and some that prefer to argue
      with the OP than to actually discuss the merits of the idea have, (not
      completely unsuccessfully,) to derail this thread. In order to attempt
      to encourage actual thoughtful discourse on the subject, it seems time
      for a recap.




      Though, the title of this thread is reactionary to another thread, it
      does pay homage to that thread for being how this idea formed. The idea
      came from those using a transport mechanic for gather in order to create
      a bottle-neck in low tier gathering, wanting to make their misuse of
      the transport mechanic easier on them by wanting to disable sounds that
      their actions are directly causing. In other words, they are getting
      annoyed by a result of their own actions, so they want to change the
      annoying part of the result, rather than their own actions.




      The main problem is that their way of using the transport mechanic
      annoys and impedes newer players. As they almost exclusively employ
      these methods in the safe zones where their actions can't be brought to
      heel by the other players, they're making things harder for players who
      are not ready to leave the safe zones yet trying to work up their
      gathering skills in order to be able to gather in the higher zones.




      As it is through, their actions that they are simultaneously causing
      problems for other players, and annoying themselves through their own
      actions. Since one among them made a suggestion that addressed their
      annoyance, without addressing the problems caused to other players, an
      alternative needs to be found.




      The first suggestion in this thread was devised in order to make use of
      another mechanic reported to be introduced. Thinking like a hobbyist
      indie developer, the thought that re-using functions is usually a good
      thing for the code base, I came up with a similar mechanic for mounts as
      the getting off and on is the direct action annoying those trying to
      address only half of the issue. The thought behind this was that if you
      reduce the action, you reduce the resulting sound. This idea addresses
      all sides of the issue.




      The pros for this idea:
      • Re-uses functions already being added to the code base, making it easier to implement and maintain.
      • Addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions
      • It encourages a more even playing field between those who are there to raise their skill and those who no longer need to as it discourages toxic methods.
      • It can potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.



      A second thought that could have most of the same results, is to force
      players equipped with transport mounts to turn red in yellow zones. The
      thought behind this is that while the player using the transport mount
      cannot be seriously hurt, it does allow for other players to poof their
      mounts when using them for gathering rather than transport.




      The pros for this idea:
      • encourages a more even playing field between those who are their to raise their skill and those who no longer need to by discouraging toxic methods
      • potentially improve the economy by reducing the over-supply of certain resources compared to others.
      • addresses all sides of the issue surrounding the want for solutions.


      To this point, the only cons that have been brought up are:
      • Don't like the idea because it addresses both sides of the issue and not just the side that benefits them - without logical argument [tally-start +2]
      • Don't like the OP, and therefore don't like the idea by default - without logical argument [tally-start]
      • Just want to increase post count and tries to pass off ad hominem attacks as logical arguments - sometimes effective at provoking response [tally-start +1]
      • Complete misunderstanding of the idea and issues surrounding- would rather attack than discuss [tally-start]
      Notes:

      Replies with no rational arguments or logic will continued to be indexed
      and ignored. Please leave irrational and illogical arguments on
      Facebook. Actual logical and rational replies are welcome and when they
      actually come, a discussion can happen.

      Quality replies are made of RENNS not ad hominems

      If this post cannot be saved, it can be re-created as many times as needed until a certain coward and two mechanic abusers leave it alone to have a discussion with those capable of higher than Facebook level discourse.



      These recaps are to discourage further replies of no value as they will
      result in a new recap with valuable arguments if any before the no value
      reply added, as well as the no value reply being tallied and otherwise
      discarded. This new method is an attempt to promote logical discussion
      and discourage emotional, no value discussion.