Please do something to stop chest ratting/boss rushing in dungeons.

• Thorbjorn wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think, that peoples, complaining about forced PvP(dive/gank) and openworld sandbox freedom (chest ratting, etc)...
      Just pick the wrong game
      /thre
      You are right.

However, there are many that are not complaining about the activity being existent, but about it being too rewarding for the low risk it posses.

Increase risk or lower reward should fix this problem.

Like lowering chest tier by 2 if a % of mobs before the chest have not yet been killed.
      For example, a T7 dungeon chest would give the rewards of a T5 dungeon chest if atleast 60% of the enemies before it are not killed.

Another way is to lower the rarity of the chests if it gets opened before a % of mobs that comes before it are not killed.For example, if you find a legendary chest by skipping dungeon, it becomes a purple chest if you open it. However you could still go back and kill mobs and claim the legendary chest.

And those are a pretty easy thing to code, its easy for players to understand, still alows for dungeon skip, and I think it allows for a fair reward.
    • Holoin wrote:

too rewarding
      As far as i know from devpost on this forum, any chest reward depends on world PvP action. If no1 fights atm and no items trashes, black market stops buying things and stop putting it in chests, so you will get only runes and money bags, even from golden epic chests, and this is not to mutch at all. Your reward from chests are realy depends on your risk to be ganked or blobbedout while mooving from dungeon to dungeon.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thorbjorn ().

• Thorbjorn wrote:

Holoin wrote:

too rewarding
      As far as i know from devpost on this forum, any chest reward depends on world PvP action. If no1 fights atm and no items trashes, black market stops buying things and stop putting it in chests, so you will get only runes and money bags, even from golden epic chests, and this is not to mutch at all. Your reward from chests are realy depends on your risk to be ganked or blobbedout while mooving from dungeon to dungeon.
      The black market is balanced in a way that chests will always provide good loot.

Most of the time a chest gives you only runes and bags is because you did not rolled an item, not because black market is empty. Unless its a fame chest that only gives tomes.

And if you keep doing dungeons you will eventually obtain that purple chest or legendary chest that will give you an item worth atleast 200-300k.

Try skipping solo dungeons for 1 hour Equip T8 equivalent gear to clear them super fast. And find a map with low trafic.When hauling reward back to sell them leave your gear in a safe chest nearby to prevent losing it if you get ganked. Equip escaping gear to be safe.By the 1 hour mark You will end up with around a million silver if you are in T6 dunegeon and up. If lucky, you could end up with 2-3 millions.

If you have bad luck, you will probabily end up with atleast 600-700k.

The risk of getting ganked inside dungeon when skipping are extremely low, because gankers normally leave when they see mobs in the first floor. If they are using a sabertooth, they can easily get to a nearby warcamp or territory chest without getting killed by gankers.

The risks are very low.

Compare that to the player that has to clear the dungeon and in the end the reward are lower, and the risk are higher. How does that makes sense? Like, you can skip the dungeons, and use the additional silver you make to buy tomes, and you will probabily end up with the same fame but a lot less risk.

Whats the point of having mobs in the dungeon then? If people are going to skip them at no loss(they actually skip it at a gain)
      If thats the case, then just leave the bosses and eliminate all other mobs.
    • I didnt read the whole thread but i think the best way to fix the dungeon running is making the bosses stronger in proportion to the amount of mobs still alive in the dungeon. All mobs killed = the boss appears like it would appear normally in a solo dungeon. All the mobs still alive = the boss apears as strong as it would appear in a group deungeon which i think is impossible or very very hard to be beaten by one single player.
    • GoldenGonzo wrote:

I'm talking about where people run past all the normal mobs and only kill the bosses so they can loot the big chests - leaving all the other mobs alive.

Nothing is more frustrating then spending 20 minutes working your way through a hard dungeon (for you) only to get to a boss and see an already opened chest. This really demoralizes you, especially when it happens multiple times in a row. At that point I just close the game and play something else for the day.

I suggest putting a requirement that something like 60-75% of the mobs must be killed for the chests to be lootable. That would stop this scummy practice entirely, but not hurt people that accidentally missed a few mobs.

Perfect solution, please sandbox you need to implement a solution for this soon as it is really complicated, not to mention the fact that it kills market prices for the large amount of items for sale.
    • Thorbjorn wrote:

Thorbjorn wrote:

And blackmarket guy start to buying stuff when some1 died and hes items go to trash
      I was wrong abou this 1, any loot is depends on RNG as far as i understand correctly.No Loot from Solo RD's

But loot definetly depends on blackmarket orders.

1. For every mob you kill, a demand in Black Market increase with X(amount of silver) for a specific items.

2. People sells items on Black Market when the price is good enough for them.

3. Completed buy order from Black Market go to Black Market items pool(a place where items are deposited until will become drop)

4. Every time you open a boss chest you create a request of X(amount of items) from that Black Market pool

People who rush to the boss kills only few mobs,
      they don't contribute to increase the demand of items on Black Market.
      When they open the boss chest they create a requst for items from Black Market pool.
      And they basicaly drain the Black Market pool of items...and nobody get loot,
      because of low demand on Black Market(not enough mobs killed in comparison with opened boss chest), the Black Market items pool get emty.

The post was edited 5 times, last by xcruciful ().

• Thorbjorn wrote:

No Loot from Solo RD's
      @Holoin

And blackmarket guy start to buying stuff when some1 died and hes items go to trash, so...
      It still doesnt matter at all, because even the person that clears the solo dungeon can get those chests with no loot. No matter how you look at it, skipping mobs gets better reward and less risk than clearing the dungeon, wish doesnt make sense at all.

Skipping mobs gives too much reward for their risk. When you take the risk to actually clear the dungeon, you end up with less rewards or even little rewards if some one else already cleared it.

And no, it doesnt need a rework, it needs a fix. A fix that can be done with 4-5 lines of code.Maybe a bit more.

A rework is changing how it works completely.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Holoin ().

• Roccandil wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

Regardless, everything that you're explaining is intended in the Risk vs Reward aspect in this full-loot pvp sandbox game. If 299 people want to dive a solo dungeon for a newbie's loot, then they have that right.
      So, gankers have a right to reward without risk. Interesting.
      I also dont like to see how gankers can freely bully other players but some times they do get whiped by zergs of 20+ people moving around.
    • For thoses whinning about having their solo dungon being ratted, how about going on maps with low activity? How about rubbing your 2 braincells together to activate some brain activity?

Just avoid :
      - High tier solo dungeon
      - Blue and yellow zone
      - Maps close to cities and bz portals

When i do 2h of solo dungeons daily on a specific map for 2 months and getting my dung ratted only one time...ya know that there is no issue at all with this situation. If you follow my steps trust me you're life will be better.

Also just for your knowledge guys. If somebody ratted some chest... well basically he entered the dungeon first so he's on his right to do wathever he want's with it. If you're not okay with it, flag up and kill the peasant.
      If the guy enters after you and begin to rat your dungeon, it's because he's not okay about you doing the dungeon. Defend your dungeon, flag up and kill the peasant.

Dungeon is working perfectly and as intended.

/thread

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().