Please do something to stop chest ratting/boss rushing in dungeons.

• People skipping mobs isn't the issue. The issue is you keep faming a dungeon that most likely has sings of being farmed like empty shrines or missing mobs. Also there is enough zones out there where the dungeons are less contested. If you go farm in royals on a sunday afternoon what do you expect?
      Also you can buy a map and then you know there is nobody farming in front of you. Then again people will run past you and then you can cry again.
      It's an open world and people will come and steal your dungeons or even kill you. Welcome to albion.

edit: oh i see your video. You farm yellow zones. lol. Go to red or black zones and kill the twat who tries to take your shit. Or if that's too hardcore for you go to blue zone where nobody farms. You could have flagged up in that yellow zone too. Why didn't you? If you want the boss you have to fight for it sometimes. 1vs1 fair fight.

In your video you really did it wrong. Why would you help him killing the boss? Flag up and fight the guy next time.
      Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'

The post was edited 4 times, last by Rixlette ().

• raganoff wrote:

GoldenGonzo wrote:

I'm talking about where people run past all the normal mobs and only kill the bosses so they can loot the big chests - leaving all the other mobs alive.

Nothing is more frustrating then spending 20 minutes working your way through a hard dungeon (for you) only to get to a boss and see an already opened chest. This really demoralizes you, especially when it happens multiple times in a row. At that point I just close the game and play something else for the day.

I suggest putting a requirement that something like 60-75% of the mobs must be killed for the chests to be lootable. That would stop this scummy practice entirely, but not hurt people that accidentally missed a few mobs.

I know this thread will get some hate, some people will be against my idea, because those are the exact people engaging in this scummy tactic.

Thanks for listening <3 <3
      So instead, you want to spend 20 minutes working your way through a hard dungeon only to get ganked/full looted, then your ganker kills the boss and loots the chest.
      yea, your right!!! sounds like a MUCH better plan!!!

The only way to fix this problem is to make all randomized dungeons instances. SBI could increase the amount of time it takes to enter a randomized dungeon to prevent players from jumping into a dungeon to escape from gankers. Also, if randomized dungens were made into instances, it would be important to add that each dungeon can only be completed once per day.
      He's got no idea how things work in red and black zones. He gets his chest stolen in a yellow zone then comes crying. What a joke. If he wants pure PvE he can run expeditions in the city. If you run dungeons in the open world there is always the possibility of PvP and that's a good thing.
      Head of the 'Traders and merchants guild'
    • Dungeon "PvP" seems silly to me: the divers and those who skip mobs to get chests have almost no risk, whereas those who do the dungeons "right" take most of the risk.

Simply from a risk management perspective, dungeons are an odd design. :) I do realize it's hard to balance open-world dungeons, but in their current state they're definitely a clunky experience, and dismissing a trend of customer feedback out of hand seems like bad business.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Dungeon "PvP" seems silly to me: the divers and those who skip mobs to get chests have almost no risk, whereas those who do the dungeons "right" take most of the risk.

Simply from a risk management perspective, dungeons are an odd design. :) I do realize it's hard to balance open-world dungeons, but in their current state they're definitely a clunky experience, and dismissing a trend of customer feedback out of hand seems like bad business.
      They have, not too be too harsh a bad design

The old dungeons not the random ones are better

You cross paths, hit dead ends, have multiple routes you could take while randoms are linear and boring like the expeditions both should be redone
    • Thorbjorn wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

dungeons (grp & solo) already despawn 5 minutes after player leaves... whether mob was killed or not

timer restarts if someone else zones in
      So, what the peoples problem than? O_o
      Are you even playing the game?

Problem 1. For every 10 dungeons people enter, about 6 dont have chests.Some people want both the fame and the loot so it is very dissapointing to clear an entire floor of mobs just to find that there are no chests.

Problen 2. This is the most important problem. Risk vs Reward. People that skip mobs can clear the dungeon in just a few minutes. They can get in and get out fast, then they can stash their loot in a nearby safe chest. This makes it a very low risk high reward activity...it just doesnt make sense... Im ok with people being able to skip, but come on, lower their rewards...its not fair for the people that takes huge risk of getting ganked when they are clearing the mobs and end up with little reward.
    • blappo wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Dungeon "PvP" seems silly to me: the divers and those who skip mobs to get chests have almost no risk, whereas those who do the dungeons "right" take most of the risk.

They have, not too be too harsh a bad design
      The old dungeons not the random ones are better

You cross paths, hit dead ends, have multiple routes you could take while randoms are linear and boring like the expeditions both should be redone
      Random dungeons and expeditions need to be linear. This is an activity that will be done dozens of times per day, so they need to make it as less tedious as possible. Having dead ends not only makes you lose time, it also increase the posibility of getting ganked, because its more time you will spend inside the dungeon. Your idea would cause even more people to skip dungeons.
    • Roccandil wrote:

those who do the dungeons "right"
      There is no any "right" way to go. This is sandbox MMO where you can do whatever you want (if this legit ofc). So you decide.

And yes, my idea is: "This is full loot PvP MMO sandbox game, called Albion. This is the game about PvP actions. There is only two reasons you want to farm RD/SRD: 1) fameup your gear for PvP 2) Make some money to buy this gear for PvP. If you want reasonable PvE content you have two other options: 1) HCE 2) World of Warcraft (ONLY on PvE server, or you will be ganked, lol)"
    • Thorbjorn wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

There is no any "right" way to go. This is sandbox MMO where you can do whatever you want (if this legit ofc). So you decide.
      And yes, my idea is: "This is full loot PvP MMO sandbox game, called Albion. This is the game about PvP actions. There is only two reasons you want to farm RD/SRD: 1) fameup your gear for PvP 2) Make some money to buy this gear for PvP. If you want reasonable PvE content you have two other options: 1) HCE 2) World of Warcraft (ONLY on PvE server, or you will be ganked, lol)"
      I agree with this person. Its full loot pvp game. For starters there are yellow zones and blue zones which are highly overpopulated. Doing solo RDs in yellowzones is waste of time because
      a) they are usually done or ratted
      b) they are bad fame.
      I do tons of solos T4, T5, T6 in BZ or RZ and they are never ratted and most of time you can do 4-5 in a row with never seeing this problem. The issue is you are playing in the safe areas where there is more population in 1 zone then 5 zones next to it combined (red zones) so ofcourse its hard to find dungeons which have not been done by someone before. If you go T5 zones anywhere in blackzone its very easy to find uncontested SRDs. This is how it is supposed to be.
    • Holoin wrote:

blappo wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

They have, not too be too harsh a bad designThe old dungeons not the random ones are better

Random dungeons and expeditions need to be linear. This is an activity that will be done dozens of times per day, so they need to make it as less tedious as possible. Having dead ends not only makes you lose time, it also increase the posibility of getting ganked, because its more time you will spend inside the dungeon. Your idea would cause even more people to skip dungeons.
      So they are mindless garbage so you need to get them done as fast as possible because even the people doing them find them to be boring does that sum up what you said?

Oh i forgot u also said please make this so easy no one can lose you know what maybe we should make an auto battle button for 9.95 since this should just be a mindless mobile game where u click enter dungeon then it plays for you then you do it again.....

If your doing it more than 1-2 times per day you are not even playing an MMO just go play mobile dungeon grinders
    • Roccandil wrote:

You're always going on about these "no-risk dungeon dives", but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have never lost a 1v1 against someone that dives my solo dungeon... apparently, they are risking some shit, because I'm taking it from them every time they try.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Roccandil wrote:

Good, as long as divers think that they "have no risk" I'll keep making these vids (I always do the dungeons "right", I guess I love risk?):

So yeah - as @Fusionbomb had stated...

Holoin wrote:

Problem 1. For every 10 dungeons people enter, about 6 dont have chests.Some people want both the fame and the loot so it is very dissapointing to clear an entire floor of mobs just to find that there are no chests.
      Problem can be solved with the proper amount of risk-vs-reward allocated by the player himself. Go to t5-t6 zones in BZ (yes, a bit lower fame) - but I only see 1/10 ratted, and 9/10 are full dungeons. Running 1 floor takes me about 9 min, so in an hour I can run about 6 dungeons (or 6 floors) - thats 6-12+ chests (6 final chests, and others are the secondary ones). Fame is good too, because instead of getting ganked in t7-t8 zones, I can just keep chaining t5-t6 sRDG and get much steadier rate of fame per unit of time (say per hour).

Thorbjorn wrote:

There is only two reasons you want to farm RD/SRD: 1) fameup your gear for PvP 2) Make some money to buy this gear for PvP.
      Reason #3 - to get some solo PVP ;)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().

• Thorbjorn wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

You'll note I put "right" in scare quotes. ;) Nevertheless, doing a dungeon, working your way through lesser mobs to get to a final boss and a reward is industry standard.

And you all know this. :P

Your justifying skipping the mobs to get the reward is an interesting social data point, however.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

You're always going on about these "no-risk dungeon dives", but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have never lost a 1v1 against someone that dives my solo dungeon... apparently, they are risking some shit, because I'm taking it from them every time they try.
      Both SRDs and RDs become more inefficient as you add players, and thus there's a practical limit to the number of participants. Any dungeon-diving group worth its salt knows this, and can exploit N+1 to almost certainly outnumber any dungeon party they might encounter.

That's risk management 101, and results in low risk for the diving party. If a diving party chooses to ignore that and gets wiped, well, maybe they're just incompetent. :)

That doesn't include the high likelihood that the diving party will meet the dungeon party during a pull, since again, dungeon parties are pressured to keep moving and killing for efficiency. So, not only can a diving party bring more than enough for a fight with a fresh dungeon party, the dungeon party will probably have mob aggro, be already damaged, and have nowhere to run.

That "balance" is just silly.

Possible mitigations:

- Allow dungeon parties to set temporary traps behind them, both to do damage, and give warning of approaching enemies (perhaps by a message in the chat: "Player X triggered your trap!"). At that point, the dungeon party has a chance to lose aggro and get ready for a fight, or give up the dungeon.
      - Scale dungeon difficulty and rewards to the number of participants. Then diving parties could no longer be so sure about the probable max size of the dungeon party.
      - Implement the scheme to increasingly trash gear based on the number of assists, to put N-1 pressure on diving parties.
      - At certain points, allow players to take time to collapse the dungeon behind them. Require demo hammers to clear the rubble.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Any dungeon-diving group worth its salt knows this, and can exploit N+1 to almost certainly outnumber any dungeon party they might encounter.
      Any dungeon diving group worth its salt doesn't need N+1 to wipe a group:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=oK-ClNdX68U

Regardless, everything that you're explaining is intended in the Risk vs Reward aspect in this full-loot pvp sandbox game. If 299 people want to dive a solo dungeon for a newbie's loot, then they have that right.

Personally, I enjoy taking outnumbered fights and being the underdog in such situations. Working as intended, with no mitigation needed.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • Suggestion for a soft fix on this, or at-least something to incentivize clearing.

All dungeon bosses will now have a “Strength in Numbers” buff. This buff will increase a bosses resistances and damage dealt based on how many mobs are alive in the dungeon sections before them. Starts at 100% (Double damage and resistances) and gets reduced by killing mobs that appear before the boss.

Eg. If there are 20 mobs in the dungeon tiles prior to the boss, and there are 10 alive, the boss will have a 50% boost, and if 5 alive it will have a 25% boost.
    • I find the best solution for this problem.

1. Let's asume you did a mistake.
      "You choose the wrong starting city." - Fort Sterling(very bad), Lymhurst(bad), Caerleon(hell)

Why Caerleon and Fort Sterling is bad for beginners?
      • because all the veterans players are there
      • most of the game activity happens there
      • veterans are there to gather T8 and gankers are waiting for them
      • a lot of PvP actvity in solo dungeons
      • veterans will rat all the dungeons just for fun and for loot
      • people go to black zone to PvP, not to farm
      • most dominant alliances are there controling all the resources

If you are a beginner i highly recommand you to move your black-zone portal to:
      -Thetford
      -Martlock
      -Bridgewatch
      Your life will be way much better there.

If you are a veteran..."Ugly propaganda dude. Wait for Queen update"

Efficiency VS Consistency
      Let's say that you want to Fame Farm.
      You will think that T7 is good for fame farming. But(long distance to travel, high chance to get ganked, high chance of dive, hard to find)
      But T6 is way better in the long run. Because of Consistency.

Maybe you are a gatherer.
      As gatherer your main income will come from T5 and T6 in the beginning and even in late game.
      The Efficiency VS Consistency aplly as well for gathering.

2. Let's asume you stay only in Royal Continent

-I make a map for you, like where you can farm Solo Random Dungeons

The criteria to choose a good map for faming:
      1. Distance from Royal City/Portal (0-bad, 1-decent, 2-good, 3-best...)
      2. Map tier/reward, lower tier = less activity

The post was edited 1 time, last by xcruciful ().

• blappo wrote:

Holoin wrote:

So they are mindless garbage so you need to get them done as fast as possible because even the people doing them find them to be boring does that sum up what you said?
      Oh i forgot u also said please make this so easy no one can lose you know what maybe we should make an auto battle button for 9.95 since this should just be a mindless mobile game where u click enter dungeon then it plays for you then you do it again.....

If your doing it more than 1-2 times per day you are not even playing an MMO just go play mobile dungeon grinders
      There is a difference between challenging and anoying. Making a dungeon with paths that lead nowhere or dungeons with multiple paths that leads to the same way only increases anoyance and not challenge.

Where in my post did I say they needed to be easy? So you are the type that writes words for other people? Cause I never said they should be easy.

"If your doing it for mire than 1-2 times your not playing an MMO"
      Do you even know what an MMO is? LoL.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Holoin wrote:

Problem can be solved with the proper amount of risk-vs-reward allocated by the player himself. Go to t5-t6 zones in BZ (yes, a bit lower fame) - but I only see 1/10 ratted, and 9/10 are full dungeons. Running 1 floor takes me about 9 min, so in an hour I can run about 6 dungeons (or 6 floors) - thats 6-12+ chests (6 final chests, and others are the secondary ones). Fame is good too, because instead of getting ganked in t7-t8 zones, I can just keep chaining t5-t6 sRDG and get much steadier rate of fame per unit of time (say per hour).
      You are right. Players themself could solve problem #1...how about problem #2? Alowing people to make millions with very little risk? A friend of mine is doing about 1 millions per hour skipping dungeons in T7 zones. And he doesnt get ganked inside dungeons, and the very few times he gets ganked outside he barely loses anything as he has already put the stuff in a chest.

I think that is too much reward for the risk.
    • Ikcen wrote:

Thorbjorn wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

More and more players go solo, so the dungeons are not enough
      And this is good, cos forced players to fight for fame/loot in the game about PvP actions. Or i missed something?
      It is not entirely good. As it diminishes the meaning of the guilds for the player. If you are not a very social guy, you will not become more social in the solo dungeons. If there was something meaningful in the game that involves guild vs guild competition, there would not be any problem. But there is not such an activity. GvG is 5vs5 instance. The castles are good, but the rewards do not worth it. The ZvZ is a nonsense, as the instanced GvG neglects completely the wins, and the losses from ZvZ. So the game becomes a place where small groups gank solo players, which is not very MMO, and in a long term becomes less and less fun.
      Pretty much how wilderness for runescape died because of gankers and ultima died as a whole because of the small scale gank/grief nature of PvP.. No group rewards and activities
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Holoin wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Holoin wrote:

You are right. Players themself could solve problem #1...how about problem #2? Alowing people to make millions with very little risk? A friend of mine is doing about 1 millions per hour skipping dungeons in T7 zones. And he doesnt get ganked inside dungeons, and the very few times he gets ganked outside he barely loses anything as he has already put the stuff in a chest.
      I think that is too much reward for the risk.
      You raise a good point in regards to complaint #2 - however we have to be careful here (because "sandbox") - making 1 mil/hr in and of itself is not an issue - and you can make the same amount (per hr) gathering in BZ or Transporting City hearts through Red Zones.

Now both gathering and transporting can be risky - yet I know a lot of people who do it and almost never get ganked (I've done plenty of gathering and transporting myself back in the day). Im curious if there is some way to make chest ratting "riskier". Problem with gathering and transporting is that you are outside in the open - and are more susceptible to large blobs ganking you... ratting dungeons on the other hand - at most you'd run into another person, and you can either chose to 1v1 or to continue running away.

yes the balance seems to be off (unless we have some data to prove that dungeon rattesrs in BZ/RZ can get easily ganked, but the bubble mechanics actually help them out a lot) - so we should think of a way to balance that risk-vs-reward (read = keep the ratting as a possible activity, but make it riskier), or downgrading the reward, to keep it in line with "low risk = low reward".