Personal Island Question

• Personal Island Question

I need some help concerning my personal island. I recently found a guild that I want to be apart of, but they're on a total different continent, and I've already constructed, and upgraded my personal island. Now I'm looking at a 250k silver cost to travel between my island and our city, is there a way I can fix this or am I up a creek at this point? Thanks for the help!!
    • Ok you CAN move your island. The silver cost will be the same as buying a new T1 island and you will keep all of the original island tiers. So if you are moving a T6 Island when you Re-purchase it in the new city it will come back with all of the upgrades.

HOWEVER, and this is important. Buildings, houses, pastures, farms, Herb gardens etc will NOT survive the move!

What you need to do is to demolish the building through the building MENU. (don't use a demo hammer) you will be able to salvage 90% of the materials invested. Transport the materials to the new city and rebuild your island just like it was in the old city. :) you will just need to buy the missing 10% that was lost in the Demo process.
      Good luck and Good skill!
      My referral link: albiononline.com/?ref=XK8PRWZMEE
    • Vasita, I've raised this question and my concerns multiple times. In my current situation (calculating the weight in my chests, and the weight of building materials) it would take me a minimum of 133 mammoth runs. I've timed the mammoth runs from Lymhurst to Thetford, and it takes about 26 minutes one way. So 52 minutes roundtrip (not counting the time to unload the mammoth) It would take me roughly 115.27 hours on the back of my mammoth to try and change my base city.

Completely and utterly unacceptable.
    • I have moved islands to a new location. Best practice is just to sell the stone block at the old city and buy it new at the new city. Transporting all that block makes little sense; unless you're in the transport business you're better off selling it and buying new. If you have a lot of other resources and belongings you don't want to part with park it all in the city chest at the old location and move it as needed. Or, buy a months upgrade on an alt and just buy an additional island at the new city and keep both.
    • Saffiana wrote:

Another option would be to create a new tab in the Bank at your original city and store the stuff there until you either need it or decide to sell it off.
      How many slots does that give you?
      I currently have 32 morgana chests at max capacity, 48 t5 Chests at max capacity That's 64 slots per chest if I remember correctly. That means I'd need 5120 slots in the City bank vault.
    • Dygenn_II wrote:

I have moved islands to a new location. Best practice is just to sell the stone block at the old city and buy it new at the new city. Transporting all that block makes little sense; unless you're in the transport business you're better off selling it and buying new. If you have a lot of other resources and belongings you don't want to part with park it all in the city chest at the old location and move it as needed. Or, buy a months upgrade on an alt and just buy an additional island at the new city and keep both.
      Then you have to factor in listing prices, and repurchase prices. Caerleon t8 blocks are fluctuating between 64-80k. Lymhurst is 40k. Bridgewatch is 45k
    • jwhite179 wrote:

Dygenn_II wrote:

I have moved islands to a new location. Best practice is just to sell the stone block at the old city and buy it new at the new city. Transporting all that block makes little sense; unless you're in the transport business you're better off selling it and buying new. If you have a lot of other resources and belongings you don't want to part with park it all in the city chest at the old location and move it as needed. Or, buy a months upgrade on an alt and just buy an additional island at the new city and keep both.
      Then you have to factor in listing prices, and repurchase prices. Caerleon t8 blocks are fluctuating between 64-80k. Lymhurst is 40k. Bridgewatch is 45k
      If you are experienced and in the transport business, hauling your blocks to Caeleon is feasible. It isn't something to casually do just because you want to move island. Unless you're feeling generous to some gankers.