Improving solo gameplay experience

• Improving solo gameplay experience

Ok, I've had enough. It literally makes no sense that you are unable to change skills/equipments in every situation as soon as you enter in combat:

- Allow us to change equipments/skills while still mounted, regardless if you are in combat or not.
      - Allow us to use skills as soon as we are attacked if they are on "cooldown", for example when entering a dungeon or going to another level
      - Allow us to change equipments/skills while in combat against monsters, as long as you've not yet been attacked by players
      - Show which skills are selected while mounted. Grey'ed out like when A'ing out of a dungeon for example, but show them.
      - Allow teleport to another dungeon level while in combat against monsters. If you are fighting 2 monsters spawned right next to the portal level and someone comes, you are fucking stuck and getting attacked by everyone.
      - Add the timer in seconds to cooldowns, like league of legends for example.
      - Fix or reword the outlaw status. I'm getting chased and ganked by 10 players and because I used a frost shot to try to reach the portal faster I'm an outlaw from 3 minutes? LOOL please.
      - Increase the trash rate of items based on the number of attackers
      - Remove overcharge. No point being full spec in t7 armor if 2 guys in t4.1 overcharge can wipe your ass like you were a baby
      - Lower the bubble timer when going through portals but remove the non sense 150 meters or wtv to lose it. you dont even know when it is going off.
      - Monsters should not keep you conditionally flagged in red zones. They are not players, makes no sense.
      - Remove solo dungeons spawns literally in the road or in guild territories. At least gankers should make an effort to find a dungeon and not stumble upon it.
      - Remove marmots from the game.

Stop promoting portal camping and ganking while at the same time adding solo dungeons as a bait to lure people out to get raped. At least give solo players a way to fight back, or there is no solo play at all.

The post was edited 4 times, last by MadSkillzDLR ().

• the only think i think i'm ok with is :
      - Show which skills are selected while mounted. Grey'ed out like when A'ing out of a dungeon for example, but show them.

The rest is either stupid for obvious reasons or either it's implanted but you did something wrong.
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

Fix or reword the outlaw status. I'm getting chased and ganked by 10 players and because I used a frost shot to try to reach the portal faster I'm an outlaw from 3 minutes? LOOL please.

I agree; this makes no sense. Also, the outlaw system makes little sense to me as implemented: guilds should be able to declare war, and then attack each other without any penalty at all (at least in the black zone).

Outlaw should be reserved for highway robbery, not military operations.
    • Roccandil wrote:

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

Fix or reword the outlaw status. I'm getting chased and ganked by 10 players and because I used a frost shot to try to reach the portal faster I'm an outlaw from 3 minutes? LOOL please.
      I agree; this makes no sense. Also, the outlaw system makes little sense to me as implemented: guilds should be able to declare war, and then attack each other without any penalty at all (at least in the black zone).

The problem is that he had probably hit one of thoses chasers that didn't even hit him once or didn't even use a spell and because of that game consider him as the agressor making him an outlaw. In fact, if every one that chased him did use a support spell or hit him before once before he used frost shot he wouldn't got outlawed.
    • Owlsane wrote:

the only think i think i'm ok with is :

The rest is either stupid for obvious reasons or either it's implanted but you did something wrong.
      Cant see why is it stupid if the only thing they affect is solo play, nothing else.

I dont like to be in a guild and camp portals or roads to kill people, but I dont care if others want to do it. What I dont like is not being able to fight back for all the reasons stated.

There are monster spawns close to solo dungeons portal levels, and once you engage on them you are literally risking everything, because if someone comes to gank you in the mean time you cant escape and you are being attack by mobs plus players. Clearly a stupid thing.

Owlsane wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

The problem is that he had probably hit one of thoses chasers that didn't even hit him once or didn't even use a spell and because of that game consider him as the agressor making him an outlaw. In fact, if every one that chased him did use a support spell or hit him before once before he used frost shot he wouldn't got outlawed.

I'm not saying I didnt hit them. I'm saying that if you fight back, even with a skill that consists mostly in escaping and not in damaging someone you become an outlaw. I was just stressing how much sense it doesnt make to exist.

Then there must be some bug, because everytime I used it I had already being attacked and I couldnt teleport anyway.

McDobs wrote:

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

- Remove marmots from the game.
      You monster!
      I just hate them. You click on them without noticing because this game targetting system is by far the worse ever, plus they block spells under a tree for no reason. Play bow then talk to me :/

Ah, i forgot to mention that you arent even able to cancel auto attacks, which is by far the most stupid thing I've came across with.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MadSkillzDLR ().

• Owlsane wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

Hmm. That could be fixed either by outlawing an entire party if one member goes outlaw, or by granting a special status to someone attacked by an outlaw that allows attacking anyone without becoming outlaw for a short period.
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

I'm not saying I didnt hit them. I'm saying that if you fight back, even with a skill that consists mostly in escaping and not in damaging someone you become an outlaw. I was just stressing how much sense it doesnt make to exist.

Then there must be some bug, because everytime I used it I had already being attacked and I couldnt teleport anyway.
      Thing is... let me explain

Imagine you have 4 guys chasing you, actually 3 hit you with damage or spell and 1 not and also didn't used spell / items in order to support the 3 other. Basically this guy is considered "innocent" by de game because of these conditions and you unfortunately hit that "innocent" guy along with the 3 others with your aoe. This condition of you hitting the guy makes you de villain because game mechanic. It's not bugged, it's actually working pretty well, too well imo.

Now this situation can be fixed but way to complicated because they have to set up and code multiples situation in order to make the game actually see the whole context before deciding to actually puting an owtlaw debuff or not and probabily will not work well and make the thing buggy as hell.

I rather suggest you to change maybe 2-3 items that won't add effect or deal damage on ennemy in order to help you escape. Invis potion and wanderlust combo helps quite well. And use frost shot avoiding hitting anyone.

When i said some is stupid for obvious reasons it's because some propositions are very dumb if you think twice and some is gamebreaking and subject to huge exploits.

The proposition of switching items/spells even when in combat against mobs, think about the possibilities to abuse this mechanic. The solo / group random dungeons near road and portals i mean... nobody forces you to choses thoses. You take the risk it's quite dumb to be mad because of that. For switching items while mounted yes you already can, while in combat i'm not sure but if you can't it's because it can be abusable.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Hmm. That could be fixed either by outlawing an entire party if one member goes outlaw, or by granting a special status to someone attacked by an outlaw that allows attacking anyone without becoming outlaw for a short period.
      If they are not in a party how can you make them all outlaw? Also if i'm like doing my own buisness and the other are hitting somebody, because of me being in a party i'll be an outlaw? that's not logic

The special mechanic will be abusable. I can see portal ganker hitting themselves before just to get the special mechanic, killing somebody then bail out to the portal without any owtlaw debuff.

By far the best solution is to gear with specific item as i said in my last post to ensure escape mechanic and avoid using movement spells that can hit or add effect on ennemies.
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

I just hate them. You click on them without noticing because this game targetting system is by far the worse ever, plus they block spells under a tree for no reason.

Yeah, this happens to me, too!

Owlsane wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

If they are not in a party how can you make them all outlaw? Also if i'm like doing my own buisness and the other are hitting somebody, because of me being in a party i'll be an outlaw? that's not logic
      The special mechanic will be abusable. I can see portal ganker hitting themselves before just to get the special mechanic, killing somebody then bail out to the portal without any owtlaw debuff.

By far the best solution is to gear with specific item as i said in my last post to ensure escape mechanic and avoid using movement spells that can hit or add effect on ennemies.

Would be nice if you could flag up as non-hostile in the black zone. At that point, it should be impossible to gain outlaw status (your attacks won't hurt any non-hostile players, and you should never get outlaw attacking hostile players).

That would probably need to be coupled with a guild/alliance declaration of war system.