Wardrobe & Today's Patch Changes

• Azlen wrote:

Zyntra wrote:

rip, cant ride my specter wolf anymore, now also cant wear my halloween gear for shits and giggles without consuming it :(

Tokenizing items makes it so people use them less, because they obviously dont want to consume them, in case they ever want to sell them..

The only skins you'll see are the cheap ones, nobody will consume a valuable skin.....
      I'd crunch every valuable as soon as I got my hands on it because I want to show off my things that I think or cool, not clutch them in anticipation for making silver later. More people are completionists than you think, and then people are safe to use their cool gear/mounts since they know they'll never lose them.
      In other words, this isn't how YOU like to use valuables, but it is for LOTS of people.
      Fine, buy my ghostwolf, 1bil. Consume it :)
    • GrayMo wrote:

Hey folks,

In the leadup to our latest update “Percival”, @H4n1baL announced the introduction of our Vanity & Customization feature. As I am now in charge of the feature, I thought I’d give you some information about what is coming next and explain today’s patch to you.

Now that we have rolled out mount skins & character customization we want to expand on that system by adding a “Wardrobe” section to the Appearance UI. Here you will be able to select a visual appearance for your character’s equipment. A player’s wardrobe follows the same visibility rules as the mount skins system. To turn our current vanity sets (see list below) into skins, we are converting them from regular items into skin-unlock items. This will take place when we launch our next large update. I will make a post explaining the system in detail once we are getting closer to the release date.

For now, following the same procedure as we did with the mounts that became skins, we have cancelled all active sell orders for the armor and weapons that will become skin-unlock-items. In addition to that, we have blocked them from being traded on the marketplace, and craftable items have been disabled from crafting. For the moment, the only way to trade these items is via direct player trading. Once the next update goes live, all of the respective skin-unlock items will be fully tradable on the market.

We have taken these measures in order to protect the players that currently have a sell orders running for one of these items. If we hadn't, players who read this announcement first could have bought the items for relatively low amounts of silver and then resold them for big gains immediately after without the original owners having a chance to react to it. As we are making some pretty drastic changes to these Items, we believe it is best that they are disabled from trading entirely until the market can naturally determine a price level for the skin-unlock items once they are implemented.

List of items that are affected:

Red Tulip Hat
      Red Tulip Dress
      Red Tulip Shoes

Rich Noble's Hat
      Rich Noble's Doublet
      Rich Noble's Footwear

Bridal Veil
      Bridal Dress
      Bridal Shoes
      Bridal Bouquet

Groom Hat
      Groom Suit
      Groom Shoes
      Groom Cape
      Wedding Ring

Jester Mask
      Jester Costume
      Jester Shoes

Uncle Frost's Hat

Yule Hat
      Yule Coat
      Yule Shoes
      Yule Backpack

Snow Bunny Stalker Hat
      Bunny Stalker Hat
      Bunny Stalker Overalls
      Bunny Stalker Shoes
      Bunny Stalker Basket

Hygienic Mask
      Hygienic Coat
      Hygienic Boots

Grinning Pumpkin Head
      Sad Pumpkin Head
      Angry Pumpkin Head

Laughing Skull
      Ribcage
      Legbones
      Ragged Cape

Undead Skull
      Undead Ribcage
      Undead Legs
      Ragged Undead Cape

Master of Bats Helmet
      Master of Bats Cape

Recruiter's Cape
      Riuros Cape
      Recruiter's Banner
      Ogronios Banner
      Recruiter's Cape - Toad
      Recruiter's Cape - Rottweiler
      Recruiter's Tiger Cape
      Recruiter's Fur Cape
      Recruiter's Grey Wolf Cape

Recruiter's Portal Cannon
      Recruiter's Fox Crop
      Recruiter's Beer Mug
      Recruiter's Ale Mug
      Recruiter's Hunter Horn
      Recruiter's Trumpet

Legendary Explorer's Cloak
      Legendary Explorer's Hat
      Legendary Explorer's Armor
      Legendary Explorer's Boots

Legendary Adventurer's Cloak
      Legendary Adventurer's Hat
      Legendary Adventurer's Armor
      Legendary Adventurer's Boots

Explorer's Hat
      Explorer's Armor
      Explorer's Boots

Adventurer's Helmet
      Adventurer's Jacket
      Adventurer's Shoes

Arena Veteran's Circlet
      Arena Veteran's Cloak
      Arena Veteran's Boots
      Arena Veteran's Cape
      Arena Veteran's Eyepatch
      Arena Veteran's Small Banner
      Arena Veteran's Medium Banner
      Arena Veteran's Large Banner

Decorative Undead Platemail Cape
      Decorative Undead Leather Cape
      Decorative Undead Cloth Cape
      Decorative Keeper Platemail Cape
      Decorative Keeper Leather Cape
      Decorative Keeper Cloth Cape
      Decorative Morgana Platemail Cape
      Decorative Morgana Leather Cape
      Decorative Morgana Cloth Cape

Cheers!

-Mo
      Yes! Finally you guys listened after so many years, thank you! Now, will we get the reskinned t8 heavy metal plate armour from early beta 1 as cosmetic set as well? Pls pls pretty pls
    • Now that some rare items have become consumables, there will be price distortions in the market caused by prices that items will never really sell for..

Just like in real life auctions items priced for bid are only worth what they sell for. Skins 'priced' in billions are the ones nobody has or will buy. The are listed at an exaggerated price.

The actual market value of the skin is whatever amount the one most recently sold and then consumed went for, not what speculators hoarding them and pricing them high think they are worth. Obviously this 'true value' will be fairly difficult to determine.

Real marketplace-using and item consuming players probably won't 'collect' things they can't show anybody in-game, ever, so the rarified hoarder's market value will be mostly imaginary.
    • Zyntra wrote:

Azlen wrote:

Zyntra wrote:

rip, cant ride my specter wolf anymore, now also cant wear my halloween gear for shits and giggles without consuming it :(

Tokenizing items makes it so people use them less, because they obviously dont want to consume them, in case they ever want to sell them..

The only skins you'll see are the cheap ones, nobody will consume a valuable skin.....
      I'd crunch every valuable as soon as I got my hands on it because I want to show off my things that I think or cool, not clutch them in anticipation for making silver later. More people are completionists than you think, and then people are safe to use their cool gear/mounts since they know they'll never lose them.In other words, this isn't how YOU like to use valuables, but it is for LOTS of people.
      850M final offer <3
      Lol in all seriousness, if I could save up that much before they're all eaten up, I absolutely would.
    • Dygenn_II wrote:

Now that some rare items have become consumables, there will be price distortions in the market caused by prices that items will never really sell for..

Just like in real life auctions items priced for bid are only worth what they sell for. Skins 'priced' in billions are the ones nobody has or will buy. The are listed at an exaggerated price.

The actual market value of the skin is whatever amount the one most recently sold and then consumed went for, not what speculators hoarding them and pricing them high think they are worth. Obviously this 'true value' will be fairly difficult to determine.

Real marketplace-using and item consuming players probably won't 'collect' things they can't show anybody in-game, ever, so the rarified hoarder's market value will be mostly imaginary.
      Dygenn, I respect what you are saying here, but that is not how economies work. I was a top merchant in Runescape until 2007. I can't speak much about what has happened since then, but there were items in that game that could not be flexed or seen outside of a trade window that were some of the most expensive items in the game such as a Half Jug of Wine. My point is that an item can hold value without being "consumed" to where it is used. The skins are worth whatever someone will pay for them regardless of whether they are ever consumed.
      Stab it and slab it.
    • Xanadeus2 wrote:

Dygenn_II wrote:

Now that some rare items have become consumables, there will be price distortions in the market caused by prices that items will never really sell for..

Dygenn, I respect what you are saying here, but that is not how economies work. I was a top merchant in Runescape until 2007. I can't speak much about what has happened since then, but there were items in that game that could not be flexed or seen outside of a trade window that were some of the most expensive items in the game such as a Half Jug of Wine. My point is that an item can hold value without being "consumed" to where it is used. The skins are worth whatever someone will pay for them regardless of whether they are ever consumed.
      Yes but you've echoed my main point. The skins are worth whatever someone will pay for them, not a imaginary value somebody has one listed for in a market.

And in fact I am wrong about them being unviewable, because players can 'show off' rarities they own by placing them for sale at ridiculous prices.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dygenn_II: Optional ().

• Dygenn_II wrote:

Yes but you've echoed my main point. The skins are worth whatever someone will pay for them...
      Any item is worth (at least) what someone will pay for them; that's obvious. However, just because everyone wants to pay 20m for my Ghostwolf doesn't mean I should or will sell my Ghostwolf for 20m. You're only thinking about prices from a consumer's standpoint and neglecting the supplier's perspective. Look up terms like coercive monopoly / price gouging. And, as Xanadu said, games have shown time and time again that a totally useless item that nobody can see can become one of the most sought-after items in the game.

Dygenn_II wrote:

The actual market value of the skin is whatever amount the one most recently sold and then consumed went for...
      I've been hearing this same line so much recently from people in-game, and it's simply untrue for so many reasons. I don't know where everyone picked up this line, but whomever it came from shouldn't be taken seriously on economics as it is both an over-simplification and factually untrue.
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

GrayMo wrote:

Recruiter's Fox Crop
      Recruiter's Beer Mug
      Recruiter's Ale Mug
      Recruiter's Hunter Horn
      Recruiter's Trumpet

-Mo
      Yo @GrayMo these thingies have spells on 'em. Please don't lose them :saint: same with bat and bunny hats.... skull laughter.... maybe others...
      +1 please don't turn these unique items into vanity skins!
      Also the master of bats helmet.
      +1.

these items have cool skills, some others aswell

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dip ().

• Dip wrote:

Grimhawke-EB wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

GrayMo wrote:

Recruiter's Fox Crop
      Recruiter's Beer Mug
      Recruiter's Ale Mug
      Recruiter's Hunter Horn
      Recruiter's Trumpet

-Mo
      Yo @GrayMo these thingies have spells on 'em. Please don't lose them :saint: same with bat and bunny hats.... skull laughter.... maybe others...
      +1 please don't turn these unique items into vanity skins!Also the master of bats helmet.
      +1 these items have cool skills, some others aswell
      I agree. What the problem to make a new "Hotkey" for such animations , if you equip such items, like in other games (They are damn popular). You will get Some kind of new "emotions".
      --->
      For example - If your enemy playing when wardrobe is disabled in openworld, and you will activate this skill - Your character will equip this item during animation (and will make some actions , depending on type of the skill). When this animation is canceled , you will be immediately looks like a standard character.
      --->
      - Animation will be canceled by any damage/CC.
      - Animation will be canceled if you move character or click any spell.
      -----------------
      Will it affect PvP aspect? I doubt it.
      Will it affect gameplay medieval environment? No , unless you will add some crazy shit xD
      Will it help to save unique animations and progress in this new appearance direction? Hell yeah! Make more money and make players more happy.

@GrayMo ^

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• Zyntra wrote:

Azlen wrote:

Zyntra wrote:

I'd crunch every valuable as soon as I got my hands on it because I want to show off my things that I think or cool, not clutch them in anticipation for making silver later. More people are completionists than you think, and then people are safe to use their cool gear/mounts since they know they'll never lose them.In other words, this isn't how YOU like to use valuables, but it is for LOTS of people.
      Glad that you don't want to consume it because it gives me more time to gather the money xD I will definitely consume it though.