Please remove item power cap in hellgates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• bishDEFORMED wrote:

You thought that black are red arent linked and that blackzone hellgates doesnt have ip cap - should be enough for me to assume that u are not experienced or played enough hellgates, simple as that.
      Like i don't care to know that or not, i go on a t6 gear with my pals and do my HG in the royals and sometimes in the Blackzone. I don't give a shit if it's linked or not. I don't waste my time to calculate my ip or knowing what's the ip cap or shit like that. I go to my content, do my content, i win i lose. I'm not a fucking library about this game i assumed since blackzone is uncaped and exept anglia gvg and stuff is capped everything else is uncapped.

bishDEFORMED wrote:

Im not trying to prove anything, thats just my point. PVE is hard work and grinding should be rewarded as much as possible, just because its tiring and hard to do.
      You're telling me that PVE is hard at the moment and your account is from April 2019? Since you assume stuff about me i'll do the same about you.

I'll tell you that in the first year of the game you had no respec, no random dungeon, no roaming mobs, no tomes of insight and fame was really crap, the only way to get fame was hiting animals, solo dungeon and group dungeon. This shit was highly contested also. You can basically divide by 4 the amount of fame per hour an optimised group could get and i'm kind on that value.

So yeah i won't tell you have no right to tell the actual grind is difficult hearing that from a newcommer is quite hilarious. I'll ask you why do you think the fame got buffed every fucking time since the release of the game? Think seriously about it because it has something to do with newcommers especially thoses who create an account more/less the same time as yours.

bishDEFORMED wrote:

You seem to forget that black + red are both LINKED TO EACHOTHER XD. The party who goes into red zone hellgate can face same people who go into black zone hellgate, so i dont get why do you want to uncap black but cap red, makes literally 0 sense to me.
      SBI can code to not be linked you know? Did you though about that when i talked about uncapping BZ but not RZ? Did you though about why HG is capped btw? They just didn't put IP cap for any reason you know? It is for the exact same reason that Anglia GvG (and Cumbria GvG if i'm not mistaken) got an IP cap. I will let thoses information sink in. But you have my approuval for an uncapped BZ HG but mark my words it will be quite broken for some people ;)

It is maybe the best loot of the game because it's the most risky yea ok. Putting effort in time yeye ok i get it. Add what i told just before and sink in too.

bishDEFORMED wrote:

Btw no1 is going into hellgates with t8 gear, so what you just wrote is complete waste.
      Ty to add weight to my point, much appreciated. So let's just take t6 gear, i think it's more realistic than t8 right? :)))))))))

T6 gear is like 900ip you get 300ip with full spec and let's add the 100ip of the overcharge thingy. Now you have 1300ip which will make you with 1150ip in the red/black hell gates. Basically you have something like 66% of your spec that is fully applied. Wait you're telling me that even t6 is not used?
      T5 set is like 800ip + 300ip from full spec + 100ip from overcharge=>1200ip so it's 1100ip in the red/black hellgate so your specs is 83% full applied.

I put t8 as an example because you are already capped with that and to show with some maths that 50% above 1000ip makes you still feel the reward of your grind

Trust me that what i've said is not complete waste, if bz is uncapped or even 1200ip cap, you can even welcome 8.1 overcharged banger gear ;). I've lived throught that shit long enough to know that it's broken to uncap / high ip cap and making very few teams to autowin every hg. I lived on an era that every 5v5 hg that i've done was 80% the same team with 1400+ip. Enjoy the insane grind. It will discourage people to do thoses hg in the long run making it broken af. The actual hellgates with ip cap is by far the more fair hellgates i've ever seen, having a good chunk of player doing it. Fair enough for veterant and high ip and/or skilled player to win more than lose and for lesser experienced player to actually have a real challenge and progress thanks to the veterans.

So again and again. There is no point of uncaping thoses HG, mathematicaly speaking and for the fairness aspect. You just keep proving my point again and again, your specs makes you rewarded enough even with this 1000ip cap. I would understand if it was a hard cap like only 20% ip above 1000 is only applied but it's 50% i mean you're serious dude?

And as i said before i don't mind for BZ, but don't touch that RZ from the royal zone for fuck sake. Let that shit as a good place for people that want's to actually having a real progess.

bishDEFORMED wrote:

And if open world is uncapped why hellgate couldnt?
      Do i really need to explain this shit?
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

The IP caps were removed in open world Blue and Yellow zones to make it easier for players to complete higher tiered solo random dungeons. The IP soft caps in Hellgates are still in place.
      Just wow. You can do tier 6 in flat 4 gear. How can people not be able to clear a T4 T5 dungeon with the soft cap?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ccReynolds ().

• Owlsane wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

Im not trying to prove anything, thats just my point. PVE is hard work and grinding should be rewarded as much as possible, just because its tiring and hard to do.
      You're telling me that PVE is hard at the moment and your account is from April 2019? Since you assume stuff about me i'll do the same about you.
      I didnt mean that it is hard to do in general - its hard to commit yourself to do it. Hows my account in forums any relatable to this topic? I didnt assume your hellgate fame, i checked it since its really reasonable to this topic so you can actually discuss it. It just makes a lot of sense imo. You dont need to be fucking butthurt over my opinion lmfao. If few teams are going to dominate just because their spec is higher than others - then its fine. They are putting their skill and hard work into gates and they get rewarded, instead of hellgates being pretty random sometimes.
    • ccReynolds wrote:

Evas_Flarelight wrote:

The IP caps were removed in open world Blue and Yellow zones to make it easier for players to complete higher tiered solo random dungeons. The IP soft caps in Hellgates are still in place.
      Just wow. You can do tier 6 in flat 4 gear. How can people not be able to clear a T4 T5 dungeon with the soft cap?
      This is probably for newer players with low masteries and specializations.
    • bishDEFORMED wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

I didnt mean that it is hard to do in general - its hard to commit yourself to do it. Hows my account in forums any relatable to this topic? I didnt assume your hellgate fame, i checked it since its really reasonable to this topic so you can actually discuss it. It just makes a lot of sense imo. You dont need to be fucking butthurt over my opinion lmfao. If few teams are going to dominate just because their spec is higher than others - then its fine. They are putting their skill and hard work into gates and they get rewarded, instead of hellgates being pretty random sometimes.
      I think your idea is undesirable as well. As much as I relate with the “let me show my true power” it will just turn HG into a more exclusive club that it is, and from my perspective, I’d rather have reliable competition than an uncapped gate.
    • bishDEFORMED wrote:

I don't know if it's just that typing stuff make it harder to know if somebody is mad or not, but i'm not. I'm just explaining stuff and opinion.

For you it's maybe fine to make it so that experienced and high spec players get's the domination but fact is, you have to fine a balance between rewarding specced/experienced players and making HG popular and atractive otherwise you'll get the whiners that complain about the lack of content and playerbase diminishing. Also right now the winrate of experienced/specced players is still high and i don't see them complaining about the ip cap. Like sohrab and hempbeard do their stuff and they are very specced (max spec for sohrab) and i never saw them complaining about it.
    • Owlsane wrote:

bishDEFORMED wrote:

I don't know if it's just that typing stuff make it harder to know if somebody is mad or not, but i'm not. I'm just explaining stuff and opinion.
      For you it's maybe fine to make it so that experienced and high spec players get's the domination but fact is, you have to fine a balance between rewarding specced/experienced players and making HG popular and atractive otherwise you'll get the whiners that complain about the lack of content and playerbase diminishing. Also right now the winrate of experienced/specced players is still high and i don't see them complaining about the ip cap. Like sohrab and hempbeard do their stuff and they are very specced (max spec for sohrab) and i never saw them complaining about it.
      Thats the thing - im not complaining about hellgates. Someone made the post and im just peacefully discussing it, thats all. Sohrab has complained so much about a lot of different stuff so he probably gets tired of it, theres no point, and i have figured it out aswell.
    • Minoras wrote:

Hey i have spent alot of time in lvling my specs to 100 and now while i wear t7 or t8 gear i cant have alot of item power in hellgates, some times ppls with t4.1 owercharged gear do similar damage and thats nonsence. Max spec needs to be endgame content, alot of ppls left your game just cause of that. Hellgates is one of my favourite content but with that item power cap i cant enjoy it, its nonsence. High tier gear started to be worthless.
      here is what you want to say in short :
      "im sick of dying to skilled people in hellgates, i want to win and stomp them with my overpowerd mommy credit card items, please remove the cap because i have 0 skill in pvp and want to 1 shot poor people"
      GET GUD AND STOP WHINING
    • You do get rewarded by putting time into the game. You get rewarded with skill. If you put in time, your skill should be good enough that you dont really need better IP than your opponent to win.

The Idea of soft caps is to allow everyone to be able to play. With no IP cap.only.people with tons of money will dominate, and no skill would be involved