Invisibile Ganking at Map Exit Points

    • The best way to practice avoid gate gank is Gravelight March

      At prime time they stand dismounted with a blob at gate and through entire zone..

      There you even have a challenge if zoning IN

      You zone, see the 8 gate gankers and need to decide.. go back or ride portal..

      Usually u ride.. but they stand through entire zone and in 20% they get the graveguard pull before you bubble..

      And I live there, I know what I do..

      And now comes the annoying part..you have a 10 min lock..

      So u go back and search for an SRD in range for portal while they stand around dismounted..

      Go there at prime - good practice.. but the 20+ will give u a challenge if solo
    • A couple of things that I don't know if they were mentioned.

      1) When a player in on a higher ground that you he will see your name 2-3 seconds before you see his, that is why gankers almost always go in hills to gank, because they can invis way before you see them.

      2) Fort sterling cape (removes CC) works even if you are mounted, so when you travel always wear Fort Sterling cape

      3) Some mounts have higher CC resistance than others, and higher hitpoints/armor

      4) Always take the scenic route (means no roads, do a very long circle and enter from the left/right of the map exit)

      5) Use keyboard N to see the minimap to detect choke points and noob-traps (areas that you can ascend or descent but are dead-ends)

      6) If you are in a guild/alliance ask if anyone has passed through that area recently, large guilds/alliances will occasionally report gankers in various areas.

      7) Mark which times a day the zone you want is most likely to have gankers (I know 2-3 areas that have gankers at my night-time, or early-morning)

      8) Traveling before or immediately after daily maintenance is a good way to avoid gankers as most log-off, or haven't had time to login/organize yet.
    • McDobs wrote:

      Perhaps but it really depends on area as well, what can I say some ganker-heads are really into it and wait patiently for the servers to come up... possibly because they have nothing else to do...

      I ganked once after maintance...and I made good money...lots of players coming out in oxes into blackzone.

      A lot of gankers know this. I would avoid transporting anything after maintenance.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().

    • Player112 wrote:

      Deviator wrote:

      He CLEARLY stated he was travelling to NE exit of Coombe Tor which is a BLACK zone map. You of all people should know that hostile counts online show in ROYAL zones.
      I haven't been to the BZ lately or know where that location is. It can't be that hard to find a counter. I would approach the danger area and probe it + retreat until certain no one is there. Like I said. there are more advanced techniques. Alternatively, hire a scout if transporting high value cargo. There was a scout on forum for 300k.
      You are probably the most idiotic troll I've seen on Albion since @WarriorOfVirtue
    • As a new player I've found some great advice from multiple people in this topic that will also help me in the future.
      I've quoted most of it below.

      I think I would only demount to make it past if I had invisibility potions but still only as a last resort. Trying to run past an 8 man claw group with only a fear or cleanse I would say is a death sentence.
      Even with invisibility potions If they spot you and land lucky poison potions or anything else that will decloak you you're gonna be pretty screwed.

      If you can't do at least some of what they have mentioned I would suggest avoiding the gank group altogether and finding a different route.

      I'm curious as to what some of yalls suggestions are to deal with the beyblade ganking builds that fly in from off screen moving faster then most mounts and still producing enough damage to demount you.

      McDobs wrote:

      1) When a player in on a higher ground that you he will see your name 2-3 seconds before you see his, that is why gankers almost always go in hills to gank, because they can invis way before you see them.2) Fort sterling cape (removes CC) works even if you are mounted, so when you travel always wear Fort Sterling cape
      3) Some mounts have higher CC resistance than others, and higher hitpoints/armor
      4) Always take the scenic route (means no roads, do a very long circle and enter from the left/right of the map exit)
      5) Use keyboard N to see the minimap to detect choke points and noob-traps (areas that you can ascend or descent but are dead-ends)
      6) If you are in a guild/alliance ask if anyone has passed through that area recently, large guilds/alliances will occasionally report gankers in various areas.
      7) Mark which times a day the zone you want is most likely to have gankers (I know 2-3 areas that have gankers at my night-time, or early-morning)

      owensssss wrote:

      Most of the time they gank predictable locations so you can be alert ahead of time.
      if you’re traveling solo I’d have invisibility potions equip while you’re riding.
      If someone’s camping a gate hard and they know you’re trying to get thru. Approach on foot with soldier boots and invis pot equip.

      Fusionbomb wrote:

      find a solo/group dungeon nearby, zone in, wait for bubble immunity to fade, zone out, run thru
    • Does anyone noticed that this post is about a STUPID MECHANIC (EXPLOIT) THAT DESTROY YOUR EXPERIENCE, AND NOT ABOUT TO BE KILLED BY GANKERS OR HOW TO AVOID THEM????

      This mechanics makes possible for you to gank with trash gear and with basically 0 F*KING RISK!!

      this goes against the game purpose (HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD)

      If you decide to fight them, they just run into the gate and are protected by the bubble on the next map with just one f*king click...

      if they hit you, they just walk to the gate zone and stay above the gate area, and everyone who's no hit them will not be able to attack them...because if you try to reach them you'll be teleported by the next map...

      so, this is a problem and i don't understand why ppl try to figure out ways to blame the player with words like:
      "only nbs die for gankers" "get a bubble in a random dungeon" "use a better mount".....


      Instead assume that this is a broken mechanic
    • Gee wrote:

      Does anyone noticed that this post is about a STUPID MECHANIC (EXPLOIT) THAT DESTROY YOUR EXPERIENCE, AND NOT ABOUT TO BE KILLED BY GANKERS OR HOW TO AVOID THEM????

      This mechanics makes possible for you to gank with trash gear and with basically 0 F*KING RISK!!

      this goes against the game purpose (HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD)

      If you decide to fight them, they just run into the gate and are protected by the bubble on the next map with just one f*king click...

      if they hit you, they just walk to the gate zone and stay above the gate area, and everyone who's no hit them will not be able to attack them...because if you try to reach them you'll be teleported by the next map...

      so, this is a problem and i don't understand why ppl try to figure out ways to blame the player with words like:
      "only nbs die for gankers" "get a bubble in a random dungeon" "use a better mount".....


      Instead assume that this is a broken mechanic
      It's not a broken mechanic. A broken mechanic guarantees you the reward in every situation possible. Since we have multiples ways to avoir getting caught by this, it's in all case NOT A BROKEN MECHANIC.

      Now you tell they have basically 0 risk. Well yes it's kinda true but it is true because they only pick on people alone or 2 people at max (risk management) but hear me out, they are like 6-8 dudes. The reward is divided by them making the reward small so basically it follows perfectly the concept of risk vs reward (Low risk, Low reward). Note that if it's one dude is doing the thing alone, it's almost impossible for him to get what he want.

      If you are all melees, use poison pot to put you in combat then rush on his face and kill him. If you're ranged poke him to the death.

      You don't understand why we blame people for getting caught. Well first we don't blame that because everybody got caught at least once by this trick. We blame people that call it broken mechanic and whine about the it rather asking for advice (that we give without any problem) or gather the knowledge to know defensive tricks.

      This issue affect only new players and people that doesn't know about this ganking style. If everyone use the advices people gave in this topic, you will almost never see that gank portal squad anywere in the game, simple as that.
    • Owlsane wrote:

      Gee wrote:

      Does anyone noticed that this post is about a STUPID MECHANIC (EXPLOIT) THAT DESTROY YOUR EXPERIENCE, AND NOT ABOUT TO BE KILLED BY GANKERS OR HOW TO AVOID THEM????

      This mechanics makes possible for you to gank with trash gear and with basically 0 F*KING RISK!!

      this goes against the game purpose (HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD)

      If you decide to fight them, they just run into the gate and are protected by the bubble on the next map with just one f*king click...

      if they hit you, they just walk to the gate zone and stay above the gate area, and everyone who's no hit them will not be able to attack them...because if you try to reach them you'll be teleported by the next map...

      so, this is a problem and i don't understand why ppl try to figure out ways to blame the player with words like:
      "only nbs die for gankers" "get a bubble in a random dungeon" "use a better mount".....


      Instead assume that this is a broken mechanic
      It's not a broken mechanic. A broken mechanic guarantees you the reward in every situation possible. Since we have multiples ways to avoir getting caught by this, it's in all case NOT A BROKEN MECHANIC.
      Now you tell they have basically 0 risk. Well yes it's kinda true but it is true because they only pick on people alone or 2 people at max (risk management) but hear me out, they are like 6-8 dudes. The reward is divided by them making the reward small so basically it follows perfectly the concept of risk vs reward (Low risk, Low reward). Note that if it's one dude is doing the thing alone, it's almost impossible for him to get what he want.

      If you are all melees, use poison pot to put you in combat then rush on his face and kill him. If you're ranged poke him to the death.

      You don't understand why we blame people for getting caught. Well first we don't blame that because everybody got caught at least once by this trick. We blame people that call it broken mechanic and whine about the it rather asking for advice (that we give without any problem) or gather the knowledge to know defensive tricks.

      This issue affect only new players and people that doesn't know about this ganking style. If everyone use the advices people gave in this topic, you will almost never see that gank portal squad anywere in the game, simple as that.
      Explain to me how to escape that situation.

      You're in t8 map, both 2 exits are secured by at least one fire mage and 3 dps with claws, stuns etc.

      You have only t6 armored horse, and are chased by 4 guys all the time.

      You got really nice drop like 8.1, 8.2 items. Its rip. 0% chance of escaping.