Cleric robe + graveguard helm everywhere

• bishDEFORMED wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Psycha wrote:

Being a bad developer is another.
      You say that like you think you can do better. Well, there's a lot of money to be made if you can. Otherwise, you really should respect them for doing something you can't.
      another ''you cant criticise if you cant do it yourself'' :D
      Its how the real world works. Welcome to planet Earth
    • Now, before anyone tries to erroneously bring up anything I've said elsewhere as a misguided rebuttal, there is a huge difference between criticizing a design and disparaging a developer or even a development team. Doubly so, when you don't even have a clue what goes into development. I do understand what goes into it, and while it's my opinion that they dropped the ball in some areas, I do respect the tremendous effort they put into this project. Especially given that I know I don't have the resources to even try to create something better right now.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Fixed Added an opinion from Player112's point of view, but I agree.
      What's good for the goose...
      I wasn't saying that to offend you. I just wanted to stress how hard it is to actually make a good game/MMO. I really don't think any single person can do "the same level" as AO. Hence my comment.

And lul at the Player112 comment, you think he is my alt?!?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Fixed Added an opinion from Player112's point of view, but I agree.
      What's good for the goose...
      I wasn't saying that to offend you. I just wanted to stress how hard it is to actually make a good game/MMO. I really don't think any single person can do "the same level" as AO. Hence my comment.
      And lul at the Player112 comment, you think he is my alt?!?
      I know EXACTLY how difficult it is, It's part of how I know I don't have the resources, even if I do have the talent of ONE half-decent team member. It's why I qualified the statement with the word "try".

I wouldn't begin to guess whether he's your alt of that saya person's, and I have no intention of entering THAT debate. I just know you two are "real good friends"...lol
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Psycha wrote:

You say that like you think you can do better. Well, there's a lot of money to be made if you can. Otherwise, you really should respect them for doing something you can't.
      I respect alot of what they do, but if I want to be honest. I played through both betas and they were very long betas, they excluded alot of features and changes they added in alot later after F2P launch.. Some features that are in my eyes essential like chat interface settings that allow you to change chat colors and fonts should have been added long before a beta hit. Along with a few other things but they arent as pressing to mention right now since the game is already kinda old. So when I say bad developer that just means they could have done better with the time and funds they were given before F2P, but the game was spun in a few different directions since Beta 1.

I still love the game and always had an interest in it, but the real sandbox is the developer team and not the game it seems, they are building and tearing down features and content to try and find out what is right because they lost their direction from the early betas they had before release. People who say I am wrong either didnt play during this time stamp for the game or are forum trolls ^^
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Psycha wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Psycha wrote:

I respect alot of what they do, but if I want to be honest. I played through both betas and they were very long betas, they excluded alot of features and changes they added in alot later after F2P launch.. Some features that are in my eyes essential like chat interface settings that allow you to change chat colors and fonts should have been added long before a beta hit. Along with a few other things but they arent as pressing to mention right now since the game is already kinda old. So when I say bad developer that just means they could have done better with the time and funds they were given before F2P, but the game was spun in a few different directions since Beta 1.
      I still love the game and always had an interest in it, but the real sandbox is the developer team and not the game it seems, they are building and tearing down features and content to try and find out what is right because they lost their direction from the early betas they had before release. People who say I am wrong either didnt play during this time stamp for the game or are forum trolls ^^
      If you really respect them you wouldn't tell they are bad developper. Simple as that.

I can relate on games that could have huge potential but got wasted because developper were really bad. With that in mind, SBI is FAR from being bad.
    • Psycha wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Psycha wrote:

I'll add this to the last point I made. Forum warriors. Nuff said
      Only to spoiled brats that need a good whipping. 'Nuff said
      You're still mad that I came up with a better more simple suggestion about mount sounds option over your over complicated pile of text and you reacted by spamming my post with walls of text xD
      Lol, No, I'm not still mad that you wanted to make it so you didn't have to hear your ox sound like it's being raped, while you're abusing it in yellow zones mounting it over and over again. As things stand, you still have to hear what you're doing to the poor thing.
    • There is no rule that says you can't both dress up as princesses for Halloween.

bishDEFORMED wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Psycha wrote:

another ''you cant criticise if you cant do it yourself'' :D
      There is a difference between telling someone that you don't think they should criticize the developers and telling someone that their criticism isn't valid. Anyone that thinks it is super fun times easy mode to balance 100s of items used in a plethora of situations, is a bozo.

"Don't nerf things! Buff everything else!", is just obviously silly. Changing 10s or 100s of other items to rectify problems with 1 or 2, is not going to end well. That ignores the fact that they may not want the overall power level of every item in the game raised in the first place.

What are they supposed to do when one of the buffs they made to balance things ends up being too strong? Is it to begin the loop again, and buff everything else? We will be buffing everything, over and over, for quite a while, I suspect.

Removing outliers is just way easier and maintains the base power level. Suggesting otherwise makes it pretty clear that your understanding of balancing is at the level where you are still taking a piss directly into the wind, and probably leave your mouth open while you do it.
      Discord: Piddle#7413