What happens to warcamps with coming outland changes?

• CaptainPando wrote:

Korn wrote:

There will no longer be war camps with the next update as they are no longer needed in their role as an open world "entry point" to the GvG grid.

There will however most likely be neutral outposts in the Outlands to act as a "base" for solo / small group players who do not have a hideout. They will not have any building space or crafting buildings though. (but will have a market and repair shop)
      @Korn I think they wanted an update about if we have to solo clear every single war camp out. Along with all towers.
      Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

Our current plan is to offer the option to auto-move bank chests and remaining stuff in market places when transitioning from the old Outlands to the new.

Furniture chests however will likely have to be moved manually, though you can easily do that by just dropping the stuff into the bank chest / market place so the system will auto move it.

Exact details will follow on this.
    • solventh wrote:

solventh wrote:

Korn wrote:

There will no longer be war camps with the next update as they are no longer needed in their role as an open world "entry point" to the GvG grid.

There will however most likely be neutral outposts in the Outlands to act as a "base" for solo / small group players who do not have a hideout. They will not have any building space or crafting buildings though. (but will have a market and repair shop)
      will they have a personal chest or not?
      @Korn.
      this guy "intentionally" does not answer my questions. nice attitude, buddy, keep doing this.
    • solventh wrote:

solventh wrote:

solventh wrote:

Korn wrote:

will they have a personal chest or not?
      @Korn.
      this guy "intentionally" does not answer my questions. nice attitude, buddy, keep doing this.
      The current plan is for these outposts to have a bank, a repair shop and a market place. Essentially acting as an outpost for solo players or small groups who want to establish a hideout, possibly also acting as a little Outland trade hub. As everything is still very much in flow, I can't give more details than this right now.
    • Torthur wrote:

I'm a lil confused by the changes...

1) Black zone used to have cities but were removed from the game bc no one used them and it spread the players out.

2) You guys just cut the gvg timers down, bc you didnt want teams to be able power project, but now your adding them back?
      1) those are not real cities, only outposts with a bank chest and a market. They essentially replace the siege camps that are being removed.

2) The consolidation of GvG timers was intended to reduce the power projection created by single GvG teams through the use of alt characters that could be used to get around GvG locks. For open world fights, there are no "locks" like that. On top of that, open world fights are far more chaotic and unpredictable. While for strong 5v5 GvG teams, fights were very often almost risk-free (they could often easily win without getting killed once) the dynamics in the open world are far more unpredictable and hence risky. In conjunction with the new zerg debuff, that means that there is a very good chance that the resulting balance between guilds / alliances, also in terms of risky vs reward, is much better under the new system than under the old one.
    • Korn wrote:

Torthur wrote:

I'm a lil confused by the changes...

1) Black zone used to have cities but were removed from the game bc no one used them and it spread the players out.

2) You guys just cut the gvg timers down, bc you didnt want teams to be able power project, but now your adding them back?
      1) those are not real cities, only outposts with a bank chest and a market. They essentially replace the siege camps that are being removed.
      2) The consolidation of GvG timers was intended to reduce the power projection created by single GvG teams through the use of alt characters that could be used to get around GvG locks. For open world fights, there are no "locks" like that. On top of that, open world fights are far more chaotic and unpredictable. While for strong 5v5 GvG teams, fights were very often almost risk-free (they could often easily win without getting killed once) the dynamics in the open world are far more unpredictable and hence risky. In conjunction with the new zerg debuff, that means that there is a very good chance that the resulting balance between guilds / alliances, also in terms of risky vs reward, is much better under the new system than under the old one.
      Roger.

1. Okay, I can fully see why, that is a great idea.
      2. What about zvz alts? they are arguably quicker to fame, cheaper to gear and it only takes 1 minute to log out. Almost every major alliance is setting them up right now.
      2a. I still think there should be less timers, like we have now to both stop dominate teams from rolling other teams to easily and to prevent massing up too much. I played when we massed every other hour, for warcamps that were every 2 hours and the entire game thought it was not fun and hated it.