Healer balance notes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

I'm certain most healers in the game haven't heard this news yet, nor will they learn of it, until it's too late.

The changes will come. The healers will start dying. Then the players will start dying. THEN everybody will rush to the forum with "WTF HAPPEN TO HEALZ?!"

But here's my question to the devs: why do you want to piss the healers off, of all players in the game??? As-if the job weren't un-rewarding enough as-is???

Here's an idea: if you want to nerf open-world Nature healers who run to the end of Solo dungeons, or go into 2v2 Hellgates by themselves, there are better ways of doing so!!!

In small-group play, 5v5, Nature isn't going to get hurt too badly. You can still kite around pretty easily and eat the 25% nerf. Holy is fucked beyond repair though. Huge nerf to Holy for anything below 20-man content (ZVZ). Holy will still be useful on the far backline in ZVZ for Fallen Staff resets. Other than that, rush diving a Holy healer is going to be a piece of cake... one or two competent DPS can do the job. Most sword users/Claymores can pretty much do it themselves.

Nature healers can kite though. Hence Nature will still be useful everywhere in the game.

I'm curious how this self-heal debuff will be triggered? After 3 or 4 nature stacks then debuffed?? How long is the debuff cooldown, 1 minute? If you heal while debuffed, is it refreshed? Nature could survive, regardless. Holy...I'm pretty frustrated after doing the 400/400 Holy thing. Holy is pretty much guaranteed useless, compared to Nature now. This is a shame because Holy and Nature are relatively balanced now, after so long of buffs/nerfs to each. If Fallen staff were boosted a little bit, Holy and Nature would be almost perfect. Instead, this heal-sickness is a huge setback.

To repeat and TLDR: why do you want to piss ALL the healers off in the game???
    • New

Valkyrior wrote:

I repeat healers were mostly dying due to extreme CC. with the new changes in cloth armours and huge buff to their cc resists healers will be better off not worse
      Not quite... that's why NATURE is going to be better off, maybe.

Holy is still going to get beaten to a pulp. Because HOLY depends on cast time, which if interrupted, doesn't matter about CC, because the heal is already interrupted. Swords are going to chew through holy-healers like jello. Won't stand a chance against any mediocre Sword users (tons of interrupts for every heal opportunity, any heal that does go through, will get 25% heal debuff to self).

EDIT:

Right now, healing as Nature is quite a joke. It's somewhat laughable how bad the gameplay is. I have 2 or 3 dps on me, all trying to kill me, while I'm healing myself, my team, and I'm surviving. With increased CC %, okay, I'll take more. It will make NATURE so over-balanced that's not funny. I just don't like, and here's my main gripe with all this... that healers wanted BALANCE between holy and nature for so long now, and now it's tipping way too far for nature instead of holy.

The solo and small-group content, is nerfed overall. One of the nice things about holy or nature was that you could go fame-farm by yourself, and it was somewhat enjoyable. After this nerf, nope. What was once enjoyable, is now a pain in the ass. Healers should have SOMETHING enjoyable, after keeping everybody else in the game alive.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Theat ().

• New

Theat wrote:

I'm certain most healers in the game haven't heard this news yet, nor will they learn of it, until it's too late.

The changes will come. The healers will start dying. Then the players will start dying. THEN everybody will rush to the forum with "WTF HAPPEN TO HEALZ?!"

But here's my question to the devs: why do you want to piss the healers off, of all players in the game??? As-if the job weren't un-rewarding enough as-is???

Here's an idea: if you want to nerf open-world Nature healers who run to the end of Solo dungeons, or go into 2v2 Hellgates by themselves, there are better ways of doing so!!!

In small-group play, 5v5, Nature isn't going to get hurt too badly. You can still kite around pretty easily and eat the 25% nerf. Holy is fucked beyond repair though. Huge nerf to Holy for anything below 20-man content (ZVZ). Holy will still be useful on the far backline in ZVZ for Fallen Staff resets. Other than that, rush diving a Holy healer is going to be a piece of cake... one or two competent DPS can do the job. Most sword users/Claymores can pretty much do it themselves.

Nature healers can kite though. Hence Nature will still be useful everywhere in the game.

I'm curious how this self-heal debuff will be triggered? After 3 or 4 nature stacks then debuffed?? How long is the debuff cooldown, 1 minute? If you heal while debuffed, is it refreshed? Nature could survive, regardless. Holy...I'm pretty frustrated after doing the 400/400 Holy thing. Holy is pretty much guaranteed useless, compared to Nature now. This is a shame because Holy and Nature are relatively balanced now, after so long of buffs/nerfs to each. If Fallen staff were boosted a little bit, Holy and Nature would be almost perfect. Instead, this heal-sickness is a huge setback.

To repeat and TLDR: why do you want to piss ALL the healers off in the game???
      full agree
    • New

Did you know?

Retroman wrote:

Very Important:
      All these changes are still in testing and may vastly differ in the final patch. Sometimes we just try out various things, which may get reverted. Also the balance changes are not neccessarily all complete. Just because a certain item is not adjusted in the changelogs so far, doesn't mean it isn't on our 'need to be adjusted'-list. These changes are simply a snapshot of the current development and everything in there needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

This thread is not meant to discuss these unfinished changes. It is just to give all players the same chance of guessing the direction of the next balance patch.

This is a change that isn't even precised and at the 1st stage of testing & implementation.
      Basically you just cry over something when you have 0 clue on how it works.
    • New

Gugusteh wrote:

Did you know?

Retroman wrote:

Very Important:
      All these changes are still in testing and may vastly differ in the final patch. Sometimes we just try out various things, which may get reverted. Also the balance changes are not neccessarily all complete. Just because a certain item is not adjusted in the changelogs so far, doesn't mean it isn't on our 'need to be adjusted'-list. These changes are simply a snapshot of the current development and everything in there needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

This thread is not meant to discuss these unfinished changes. It is just to give all players the same chance of guessing the direction of the next balance patch.
      This is a change that isn't even precised and at the 1st stage of testing & implementation.
      I know how healing works kid.
    • New

Gugusteh wrote:

Did you know?

Retroman wrote:

Very Important:

Of course. It was basically said that the devs plan to help the community by poisoning the doctors. The doctors may not know which poison or the details of how they are going to be poisoned, but they're still going to have a problem with it. So will at least some of the community that feel they need those doctors.
    • New

Every mmo game with classes each class has their own hard counter. To me for Holy Priest, CC and Assassins are it.

It already seemed balanced besides cheese builds people are abusing that could be fixed without this debuff.
      If people are too dumb to bring CC, Big Burst, or Focus I should be able to laugh and heal at least 3 people mindlessly wacking at me for a minute and only have mana problems.

With this change for holy especially lower spec I think anyone who just bops you is going to have a chance to kill you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hekubas ().

• New

Gugusteh wrote:

Did you know?

Retroman wrote:

Very Important:

Of course we know this is being tested, which is exactly why we are questioning, this kind of change ends the solo gameplay of any healer, as I said right behind me I only have a healer game, I don't have and I don't want to level up nothing that is different from healer, but with that even to do a solo dungeon I'll need a group, if someone tries to gank me I'll just have to stop and let me kill because that's what will happen. A debuff for healing is a bad joke, a healer who can't heal is of no use, it puts an even bigger target on our back because it's going to be an easy kill.
    • New

1 healer can change the outcome of a fight more than any other weapon in the game. Now stack that with the new cc resists coming to cloth and leather and they will become OP, i wish they would have taken it a step further and given healing staffs the 25% healing sickness to everyone they cast on. Almost feels like it's a requirement to bring a healer to everything now days compared to a year ago.
    • New

deviljim wrote:

1 healer can change the outcome of a fight more than any other weapon in the game. Now stack that with the new cc resists coming to cloth and leather and they will become OP, i wish they would have taken it a step further and given healing staffs the 25% healing sickness to everyone they cast on. Almost feels like it's a requirement to bring a healer to everything now days compared to a year ago.
      LMAO!!!

Are you serious or are you sarcastic?
    • New

Healers know that this is going to hurt everybody, not only healers.

Hopefully the game Devs come to their senses quickly.

Don't listen to the non-healer trolls and open-world gankers, who play this game solo, and never received a heal in their life (deviljim).

Everybody else, who has worked with healers, including 2v2 hellgates, are going to see very severe and negative effects to gameplay.

As said above, why poison the doctors of the game???
    • New

yes, dont listen to the non healers, they will only give you biased, dumb suggestions. instead only listen to the healers that will be very fair and not be biased.

What a joke. none of you know what this change is or how it will work. it could be that the healing sickness immediately disappears when you heal someone else. it could be that the sickness only occurs after healing yourself for 15 seconds straight which is more than enough time to do whatever solo pve encounter. stop these reactionary tears and wait for the actual details
    • New

FireFarm wrote:

deviljim wrote:

LMAO!!!
      Are you serious or are you sarcastic?
      I'm dead serious. With the new hp changes, healing increases and general quality of life changes healers are easily 3x stronger than they were a year ago. Now lets add a tonne of cc resists on top of that with the new armor changes and they will be broken. The 25% healing nerf is needed but i think it's still not enough.

Theat wrote:

Healers know that this is going to hurt everybody, not only healers.

Hopefully the game Devs come to their senses quickly.

Don't listen to the non-healer trolls and open-world gankers, who play this game solo, and never received a heal in their life (deviljim).

Everybody else, who has worked with healers, including 2v2 hellgates, are going to see very severe and negative effects to gameplay.

As said above, why poison the doctors of the game???
      I see you're still trolling people on the forums because you don't like them. Maybe try playing the game for once instead of spending your time here trolling about stuff you have no clue about.
    • New

fip wrote:

yes, dont listen to the non healers, they will only give you biased, dumb suggestions. instead only listen to the healers that will be very fair and not be biased.

What a joke. none of you know what this change is or how it will work. it could be that the healing sickness immediately disappears when you heal someone else. it could be that the sickness only occurs after healing yourself for 15 seconds straight which is more than enough time to do whatever solo pve encounter. stop these reactionary tears and wait for the actual details
      Don't be ridiculous.

They said, straight-up "25% self-heal reduction". Yes, it is definitely time to over-react if you've ever healed a day in your life, which you and deviljim, open-world gankers, obviously never have.