Healer balance notes

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Healer balance notes

      you post it today:

      Misc:
      • If healers are constantly healing themselves they get a Self Healing Sickness. Which reduces all incoming healing by 25


      So why not remove halers from the game? where in other fucking game healer get sic by cure youselfs.. i ONLY have healers builds, i love play as healer, but now if im running from a gank or try a solo dungeon as nature i will not able to cure me, are you realy think on changes you made on this game? why not reduce the damage from DPS when they use skill? or remove armor from tanks whe get a hit...

      This change seems desperate to fix HG's thieves, wasn't it simpler to leave the box closed while someone on the opposing team was alive? :cursing:
    • New

      I'd really like more information on how this healing sickness is going to be triggered. Just speaking from a nature healer perspective, I know pre-hotting and using stacks on myself to proc 20% heal buff on others or runspeed are common things... Like as a healer you already need to track so much of what's going on in game in terms of heal stacks/refreshing on party members, I don't really need another mechanic to track in avoiding putting heals on myself.

      Definitely need more details, but on paper this sounds REALLY annoying to have to manage.
    • New

      This potential change is horrible. ANY sickness applied to a healer for doing healing is nonsensical (news flash devs healers job is to heal). Mechanic wise if you feel healers are to strong than you need to focus on adjusting specific ability output not this absurd sickness stuff. If this goes live 5s comps are going to just be full dive healer on both sides and see who gets the kill first.
    • New

      FireFarm wrote:

      In ZvZ we will also have problems, usually I put the 3 stack of Q on me and then run to the front line and use W on me and spread the cure on all, in a zerg I can no longer heal, a HEALER that can not to heal is meaningless
      Sounds like a great way to get you killed, why not Q someone up there and cast it on him? Literally thousands of examples you could have given and you chose this one
    • New

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      FireFarm wrote:

      In ZvZ we will also have problems, usually I put the 3 stack of Q on me and then run to the front line and use W on me and spread the cure on all, in a zerg I can no longer heal, a HEALER that can not to heal is meaningless
      Sounds like a great way to get you killed, why not Q someone up there and cast it on him? Literally thousands of examples you could have given and you chose this one
      not if you know how to use the skills at the right time and do it the right way, I'm testing it at 19 zvz and haven't died yet, this W's range is big, and you don't have to go to the tanks to do it, one distance screen is enough to do this and back with the boot, not to mention that the W increases its resistance too
    • New

      SubitusNex wrote:

      Full disclosure, I'm a holy healer, it's what I do.

      This should have a negative impact on divine and nature healers, which honestly were in a serious need of balancing. With divines being able to solo group content and natures being unkillable in a lot of scenarios.
      I'm ok with the change.
      I'm a nature healer and I would rather they nerf healing output versus this if healers need to be nerfed. I seriously do not want to be penalized for healing myself and have to manage that on top of having to manage in my head how many healing stacks I have on five different friends falling off at different times. We need more information though because we don't know how it works. But honestly this sounds like the most unfun mechanic for a healer to have to play around.
    • New

      Vindrax wrote:

      SubitusNex wrote:

      Full disclosure, I'm a holy healer, it's what I do.

      This should have a negative impact on divine and nature healers, which honestly were in a serious need of balancing. With divines being able to solo group content and natures being unkillable in a lot of scenarios.
      I'm ok with the change.
      I'm a nature healer and I would rather they nerf healing output versus this if healers need to be nerfed. I seriously do not want to be penalized for healing myself and have to manage that on top of having to manage in my head how many healing stacks I have on five different friends falling off at different times. We need more information though because we don't know how it works. But honestly this sounds like the most unfun mechanic for a healer to have to play around.
      That's a reasonable argument, specially from a nature healer who already does a lot of micromanaging. But there's definite need or balancing, I just don't know if this is the best way to do it, and also don't know the trigger mechanism for it to kick in. But at least they are testing stuff. I just hope they use the data they get from the test server to fine tune what needs to be done.
    • New

      FireFarm wrote:

      DildoSwaggings wrote:

      FireFarm wrote:

      In ZvZ we will also have problems, usually I put the 3 stack of Q on me and then run to the front line and use W on me and spread the cure on all, in a zerg I can no longer heal, a HEALER that can not to heal is meaningless
      Sounds like a great way to get you killed, why not Q someone up there and cast it on him? Literally thousands of examples you could have given and you chose this one
      not if you know how to use the skills at the right time and do it the right way, I'm testing it at 19 zvz and haven't died yet, this W's range is big, and you don't have to go to the tanks to do it, one distance screen is enough to do this and back with the boot, not to mention that the W increases its resistance too
      okay