Ganking and how it ruins the game.

    • marg93 wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      pretty sure I told you WHY people gank in groups but okay. also in this moment your 10 years old to me because you don't understand why people gank in groups.
      Excuse me, are you dumb or just slow? ?( ?( ?(
      Stfu? Crying?Wiki Link? Is knowledge rubbish? Statistics is not a science?
      Well friend, you can think what you want, but to debate you need to argue, if you do not have the cognitive ability to looking for/create an favorable argument or against argument, it is a sadness. In this moment for me you are like a 9 years old child and you don't deserve attention


      Lol
    • assassinBK wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      assassinBK wrote:

      I always pay a monay for 6 my alts for premium but this is finish.
      Hi, do you mean you're ending with AO?If so, can I have your stuff please?
      I have a lot of rare mounts and mats but I will be not support this game giving this for anybody.

      xcruciful wrote:

      We need gankers.
      Gankers are gud for economy.

      They protect us from gathering bots. <3
      They protect us from transportation bots. <3
      We need more gankers, everywere! <3

      If you don't like hardcore aspects of the game.
      You can play alone in "Test" server.
      But for that, you need to download albion from official AO site: albiononline.com/en/download

      Neef wrote:

      This thread is wild. Just wild. oh and yes crying crying crying is all I see.



      PS. Most bigger gank groups are there because its FUN and not for the money so your links to WIKI means nothing to me because your crazy if you think there ganking in groups because there making more money. Most the time it goes like this in discord. "Hey does anyone want to make a small gank group" "SURE" then 10 people want in and boom big group, they really didn't want 10 people. KK thanks bye im sure you will post a wiki link saying BUT BUT BUT this, but I say BUT BUT stfu.
      2 of this mans up are example of idiots in this game.First is like most idiots think that this game is hardkor. This game is only shit not hardkor. You can make ganking near any fame and with near shit sets plus pay real monay for silver. So this game now is wet dream german devs about hardkor game. Real monay + possibility ganking without big risk and shity sets make this game shit not hardkor.

      Second. Because its fun. Yes its fun because its small risk + profit. Yep fun of morons whu destroy population.
      If this stupid morons will be hardkor players they will be neex hard work for sets and next take risk from ganking.
      You think that hardkor players should be only getherers and other players but gankers should have fun. What a shit logic of small brain moron.
      Devs are totaly idiots -> prepare poor content + morons gankers = 2 years and this game lost 2 times player base :D First time save going from PtP to FtP. Now its going only for die.
      Player base will be droping down but morons will be think that nobody want hardkor game.

      True its that nobody wants play with toxic morons.
      Hardkor its skill + time. For ganking groups they don't need any of this so go to hell with this wet drem about hardkor aspect of this shit game.
      rofl did you even read your own post, it was pretty hard to read just saying. Also never said anything about hardcore I only said that people in guilds that ask there guild if they want to gank, end up with more then 1 or 2 people that want to gank. therefor they have a 5 to 20 people group because a lot of them want to gank its not like they plan on having big gank groups. People want to play together thats what MMO's are all about if you guys don't understand that well thats your problem. No wiki links will help that. Even if they put in a system to help smaller or solo players with bigger gank groups this will not stop them because people will still want to play with each other the point Im coming to is get over it lol.
    • Neef wrote:

      rofl did you even read your own post, it was pretty hard to read just saying. Also never said anything about hardcore I only said that people in guilds that ask there guild if they want to gank, end up with more then 1 or 2 people that want to gank. therefor they have a 5 to 20 people group because a lot of them want to gank its not like they plan on having big gank groups. People want to play together thats what MMO's are all about if you guys don't understand that well thats your problem. No wiki links will help that. Even if they put in a system to help smaller or solo players with bigger gank groups this will not stop them because people will still want to play with each other the point Im coming to is get over it lol.
      I insist you're very slow or just slow?

      This thread does not seek to eliminate the gank squad, ganksquad is a necessary activity for the game, it is content for n00bies, casuals, lamers and some good players. is a fun content... But we need a balance and promote small groups. 1-3 people
      We could rework FOCUS FIRE
      We could rework OUTNUMBERED [LOOT RATE TRASH]
      We could rework Solo Dungeon [blob when 2 players or anyway]



      Also according to what you say, balancing weapons does not make sense either ... Since all people have access to use the most "OP" ... But guess what! The balance of weapons exists, it is necessary to have an organic and healthy game.

      This will be useful for you, to see if the third or fourth time you already understand:

      BALANCE NOT EQUAL THAN ELIMINATE.

      ORGANIC SYSTEM NOT EQUAL THAN MOST NICE SYSTEM FOR ME

      READ AND UNDERSTAND NOT EQUAL THAN LOOK AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND

      7 YEARS OLD NOT EQUAL THAN 18+

      DISCUSSION IMPLIES ARGUMENT
      DISCUSSION DOES NOT IMPLY SPEAKING FREE OF CHARGE ABOUT THE FIRST THING THAT COMES TO MY MIND.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by marg93 ().

    • First thing I would point out is that open world open world PvP is 100% fair at the point of decision, EVERYONE has the right to choose what they do, what they wear and how many people they bring. That is where the fairness stops, once you get out into PvP it is almost impossible to have a fair fight by definition.

      marg93 wrote:

      Hello, you have an interesting and respectable perspective.I am also another sologanker and precisely a solodiver (randoms group dungeon .)multikiller and troll guy. I will answer the reason for the allegation.

      First I must clarify a few things about the allegation, since many people targiver the speech.
      1)The Squadganker is necessary in the game, it is casual and intermediate content, it is a content that encourages social interaction and coordination.
      2)People against squadgankers ARE NOT CAREBEARS (at least not all) many of them (I am included) are people full pvp open world(Team fight and Gank/SoloDive.
      3)It's not about: "they earn more money than me, I'm jealous." The discussion is about how to improve the organic system of the game.


      Why is the current system bad?
      This is a mmo and the group must be relevant, this is fine.
      The problem is the balance of forces. Suppose there are 3 forces, unbalanced forces, and this drowns some potential contents of the game, potential contents, contents that today can be practiced but in a "difficult or unfair" way, we could make this slightly more friendly (it will remain unfair but no problem)

      Force One:Numbers
      Force Two:Ability
      Force Three:Random Effect
      There are one / two pretty important factor that also effect conflicts - GEAR / SPEC, not sure why you have missed these out? For me, a solo ganker with full spec running 4.1 overcharge is taking ZERO risk at all of losing silver, yes they have a greater risk of dieing as they are solo but if they do they actually take almost ZERO loses.

      marg93 wrote:

      Albion is poorly distributed, its mechanics, for example,Focus Fire Programmed very simple, has no complexity in relation to the type of gear(gatherer on non gatherer) and actions of the victim(is attacking or just running away)
      Solodungeons that allow more than 2 players to enter ... And a long Etc ...


      Makes albion take a type distribution:
      Numbers: 70%
      Ability: 20%
      Random Effect: 10%



      If the Focus Fire were reviewed(
      Damage reduction calculation and cc reduction calculation, check how scale etc and complexed.(This is a must)
      For example:If just running away: Shield On Non-gatherer Should be Superior than Shield on Gatherer
      If the victim attacks her aggressors (cc or damage): Shield on Gatherer Should be Superior Than shield non-gatherer
      If they were patching horrors like groups of gankers diving Solodungeon and others


      Albion distribution could aspire to a
      Numbers: 60%
      Ability: 30%
      Random Effect: 10%




      With this, the numbers (number of members in the party) will continue to be the most relevant factor, but a little (only a little less than before), if this happens it would lead to a new edge of play.(Free content)
      Where did you get these percentages? Are they based on statistical research or are you just making them up?

      marg93 wrote:

      -More content frequency, by needing a little less numbers, there is the possibility of creating and reacting to content faster, and also more frequently clap
      -More Sologanker clap
      -More Anti-Sologanker clap
      -More OpenWorld 1vs1 Builds clap
      -More Encounters 1vs1 , News Meta for Open World (little group) , New option and path for make builds etc etc clap
      -Small contribution to reduce large alliances. clap

      As something that the game proposes to be nutritious, something that invites players to improve their skills, something that adds more content and slightly fairer, something that can be practiced by casual and hardcores.
      As something like that, can it be negative for the game? It is only gain for albion to balance the balance a bit from the lammer profile to a somewhat more balanced profile
      We do not want 1 player destroying large groups ... We want large groups not to slightly destroy 1 player.
      The numbers must remain relevant, they must remain the cornerstone of the game. I hope the point has been understood
      This content is all solo based, group players are not really interested in solo content, yes we do it when no one is about but we play to play in groups. Not due to a lack of skill but because this is an MMO which has its cornerstone large scale warfare. I run with a small alliance with no terris, who pretty much solely play in BZ. We fight superior numbers on a daily basis. Group ganking is something our player do near the end of the day after taking part in open world ZvZ (where we are often massively outnumbered). Even when group ganking we often end up taking larger scale fight with HG teams, FF teams, we even try to pick off players from traveling blobs far far larger than our own. This seems like a very similar situation to most guilds I know. The group gankers are the same people gathering earlier in the day or fighting 14 vrs 50 at mini castles etc. It has nothing to do with low skill or low risk (again I will point out that the risk with 4.1 solo ganking is risking nothing).

      Please do not start ranting at me like you seem to do to most people who bring a counter argument.
    • Nah, did you take your time to respond / against arguing, why would I have to insult you?
      I do not agree with what you propose, although you are right in some things.

      "First thing I would point out is that open world open world PvP is 100% fair at the point of decision, EVERYONE has the right to choose what they do, what they wear and how many people they bring. That is where the fairness stops, once you get out into PvP it is almost impossible to have a fair fight by definition."

      R) Gank is not a fight and is not a decision , this thread is about GANK , is not about zvz or teamfight. This thread is focused in Gank-squad , and the gank-squad attack 2-10 vs 1 , for you this is a fight??? It clearly is not and for that reason needs a review / balance.


      "There are one / two pretty important factor that also effect conflicts - GEAR / SPEC, not sure why you have missed these out? For me, a solo ganker with full spec running 4.1 overcharge is taking ZERO risk at all of losing silver, yes they have a greater risk of dieing as they are solo but if they do they actually take almost ZERO loses."

      R)Well, this is true. however, by chain this is more serious for squad ganker.
      Many Squad-Ganker carry t4 or t5 gear, but there are others that carry expensive equipment.
      In the case of the single-ganker it is understood a little more since this prone to be attacked by more 1 player, therefore their fights are always even or in numerical disadvantage.
      Anyway you have a point (+1). If you encourage (buff) solo-ganking we could see many ganks at zero cost (4.1) which is bad for the balance of the game.


      R) Percentages are an approximation based on my experience, only a blind person would believe that Albion's open world is based mainly on ability, it is based mainly on numbers and how to use them in a good way (I do not say that this is wrong , on the contrary) however that is already a debate that at the moment I am not interested in deepening further.

      Regards.
    • marg93 wrote:

      Nah, did you take your time to respond / against arguing, why would I have to insult you?I do not agree with what you propose, although you are right in some things.

      "First thing I would point out is that open world open world PvP is 100% fair at the point of decision, EVERYONE has the right to choose what they do, what they wear and how many people they bring. That is where the fairness stops, once you get out into PvP it is almost impossible to have a fair fight by definition."

      R) Gank is not a fight and is not a decision , this thread is about GANK , is not about zvz or teamfight. This thread is focused in Gank-squad , and the gank-squad attack 2-10 vs 1 , for you this is a fight??? It clearly is not and for that reason needs a review / balance.
      It is a decision though, that solo person decided to play solo, they decided to go into BZ solo, where they KNOW there will be groups of players who will kill them. They took that choice themselves. They could have joined a guild and gone group gathering, or gathered in locations where guild mates are doing activity but THEY DECIDED not to.

      I am not hear to support gank squad per se, I am here because like everyone else they have their place in AO. It is no difference to when my ZvZ groups of 12 gets wiped by 50+ whilst trying to tag a mini castle, except that we laugh about it and regear. We dont come crying to the forum and try to change the game in our favour.

      If people have an issue with getting ganked whilst out solo, they either need to get better, get some friends or stay in royals.

      BZ is a tough place to be a solo player
    • The ganking '' problem '' is only a result of the bad combat system in the game.

      By bad combat system, i mean point and click abilities, and not great returns for good gear. League of Legends, a famous moba, started with a lot of point and click skill champions, which the design team quickly realised created a low skill environment where outplays in both offensive and defensive ways were rare. They solved the problem by making most skills, skillshots, making you need basic skills to hit them and creating the option to dodge. There's no skill in hitting a claw stun, a grave armor hook and also no counterplay to the victims. You can also not outgear multiple people since low tier enchanted gear is so strong. In a environment with low skill level, numbers importance grows. Why can t the claws stun be a skillshot? why graveguard armor hook can t be a skillshot?

      As such, and because the only thing you lose by death is gear ( versus games like tibia where you lose exp ), the risk is minimal and reward great for gank squads ( and i'm talking mostly about the psychological answer for fucking with people instead of silver ). As everything that offers minimal counterplay it s fun for those who did it but horrible for those who experience it, being a main reason for this game decline of population ( it s not about dropping itens/ '' hardcore '' combat but about lack of counterplay ).

      Another problematic thing is actually what many think it s a '' feature '' the fact that any class can use the same pool of skills in defensive itens. This actually creates a gigantic balance problem, that s '' fixed '' by making most of those abilities underwhelming, because they have a way too strong synergy with a specific build/weapon. If instead we had classes with full 6 skills with options like the weapons, perhaps we could have way more interesting dynamics/skills, balanced by the '' class ''. Now i understand it s too late to make this '' change '' since it s such a big party of the game identity but it s something that'll fuck with it forever.

      Albion is a unique, beautiful experience ,but it s design is deeply flawed, which will, as you can see in the steam charts, kill the game. I only hope the correct lessons are learned from the experience

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ARandomPlayer ().

    • Some of the blame also has to go down to a lot of people gathering just being bad at the PvP element of the game. So they come into BZ and have no idea how to actually use the 'escape build' they got off the internet. I dont gank that often but when I do it is amazing the difference, it is very obvious that some players have not got a clue how what to do in certain situations. For example, players comes through the zone entrance and there is a scout there, good players will either turn around or head off road, bad players will just run straight down the road into the waiting group That is just bad play and they have no one to blame but themselves. Escaping in this game against most gankers is actually quite easy if you are on a decent mount and have a bit of time.

      Regarding players leaving the game, that was always going to happen after free to pay, AO is a niche game and not for the majority of players due to full loot / numbers based combat. The developers have always said they expected a big drop in number but the FTP peak was actually higher than they expected and the drop off not as deep either.
    • My point is that the frustrating thing about the game is not death, it s the lack of options. It s one thing to die because of a pudge hook/blitzcrank hook ( if you are familiar with mobas ), which are a skillshot. You had the chance to dodge, and the attacking player had to predict/make a skillfull play to hit you, meanwhile in albion, you get point and clicked hooked and then stunned to death. Sure there are different level of players, but the skill cap in using bloodletter two dashes + a invi pot is really low to start with.

      I'm not saying you must make numbers useless or that ganking is bad. What i'm saying is that there is much space for skill expression in this type of engagement that s not being used by the game, because of a problem in design ( point and clicks ).

      Another example is solo DG"s, i'd actually like if there was a limit of players inside. it could create really cool interactions with chasing, diving and even escaping zvz battlefields, while also making good content for solo players. i know instanced content is not popular here, but we already have 2x2 hellgates so i don t see much difference tbh. They'll still be divable, since in 1x1 in a solo dg the ambushing party has a clear advantage in skill cooldowns/hp but at the very least it'll not be a instant, no counterplay death, if someone decides they want to have fun 1x3 people in solo dg's

      Making a bit of content geared to solos will help with the game longevity instead of alienating this type of playing with the '' get in a group or quit '' mentality , which will only kill the game.

      As for the '' niche game '' thing there s only so much a game can improve or even live in a niche budget.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ARandomPlayer ().

    • ARandomPlayer wrote:

      My point is that the frustrating thing about the game is not death, it s the lack of options. It s one thing to die because of a pudge hook/blitzcrank hook ( if you are familiar with mobas ), which are a skillshot. You had the chance to dodge, and the attacking player had to predict/make a skillfull play to hit you, meanwhile in albion, you get point and clicked hooked and then stunned to death. Sure there are different level of players, but the skill cap in using bloodletter two dashes + a invi pot is really low to start with.

      I'm not saying you must make numbers useless or that ganking is bad. What i'm saying is that there is much space for skill expression in this type of engagement that s not being used by the game, because of a problem in design ( point and clicks ).

      Another example is solo DG"s, i'd actually like if there was a limit of players inside. it could create really cool interactions with chasing, diving and even escaping zvz battlefields, while also making good content for solo players. i know instanced content is not popular here, but we already have 2x2 hellgates so i don t see much difference tbh. They'll still be divable, since in 1x1 in a solo dg the ambushing party has a clear advantage in skill cooldowns/hp but at the very least it'll not be a instant, no counterplay death, if someone decides they want to have fun 1x3 people in solo dg's

      Making a bit of content geared to solos will help with the game longevity instead of alienating this type of playing with the '' get in a group or quit '' mentality , which will only kill the game.

      As for the '' niche game '' thing there s only so much a game can improve or even live in a niche budget.
      I don't agree with alot of the posts on the pvp and gank topics on the forum. but this post does have some good points about skill shots, Where i don't think its 100% easy to get all theses skills off, there is room for more skill based abilities.
    • Yep, everybody is right marg93

      Ganking is fundamental part of this game. If you play solo, anywhere, even in solo dungeons you are taking much larger risks then everybody who rolls with a group.
      you have to be smart in this game, you can solo gank sure. but mostly ganks happen in groups, and people ganking gankers happens in groups mostly also. You have to get good at deciding when to run. their is no rule in this game that says the fight has to be fair. most of us who have played a long time, frequently take on groups that out number us, sometimes we win and it feels great, sometimes we lose and it sucks and then we regear and go out again. Because its a FULL LOOT PVP GAME.

      If you insist on going out solo, your insisting on taking larger risks.

      I'm sorry if you don't like the answers, but that doesn't mean we are not correctly answering your question.