Ganking and how it ruins the game.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • PenguinSniper wrote:

      draxionas wrote:

      This game become almost impossible to since free to play launched, people are to lazy to gather and kill any gatherer they can.
      I can hardly get out the portal to go gather or get back without dying since that day, it's kinda ruining the game, theres no profit anymore in gatherering only big loses.
      specially because the T8-sets and tools are insane expensive in resources or on the auctionhouse.

      Even with a bloodletter, misthorn and 4 best defensives + fort sterling cloak i got pulled back 6 times in a row by graveguard armor (next to the portal trying to enter) and died after 40 seconds of strugling, blok, root, invis, shield, T6 horse, nothing kept me alive for the 10 meters i had to go....

      You gankstuf is way OVERPOWERED and escape sets are an expensive joke...

      I think i can spend my money better then on a gathering/grind-game, where you can't even fucking do that....
      well to be perfectly honest, you can make money from gathering, but red and black is a waste of time in my opinion.
      Yellow zone doesn't make a lot of silver? Just gather for longer then. Lol. In Korea, some of the mmos have players actually grinding for a year or more to get something, so grinding is easy in albion if you have any experience on korean mmos.

      Let's be honest, I buy a lot of gold, or have done in the past, yet I can achieve similar things from gathering in yellow zone. Pay for my premium from in game activity.

      Like seriously, who needs black zone? What is it for? Hahahahah
      I wondered why most of your posts were full of bullshit. You never go in the blackzone and the crazy part is you even said its not worth going to the blackzone/waste of time, So from what I get from reading most of your forum posts in this topic is that you really don't know shit about this game.
    • marg93 wrote:

      Stormlord wrote:

      I kill them and bring peace back to our shores.

      no one cries harder then a red - all spoilt children <3
      Same case ... I've seen you playing and with all due respect ... I don't see you with the necessary ability to walk solo killing gankers, I will correct your sentence, you meant "I and my boys will kill them..."This is the game, reward the numbers, not the skill.

      Anyway ... I may be the wrong one when trying to find balance and a "man" game where it is really impossible ... If the Squad gankers were limited, the Squad anti-gankers would be limited ... Then there would be more sologankers and more anti-sologankers , we could find more 1vs1 and a large etc etc ...
      It is a Domain effect that most cannot see ...


      This is how things are balanced and the skill begins to be rewarded.
      Dint I made a post before telling you all the solo.activities that reward more than most group activities...and yet you dint responded?

      The truth is that in this game, Solo activities are very rewarding if you put the time to increase your specs and have the skills.

      If you mean conflicts, well,its your fault if you let yourself caugh in fights you cant win. Actually if you are outnumbered, escaping is actually a win, wish you can actually do if you have the skills.See? Again, skills get more rewarding.

      And dont worry, very soon outnumbering your enemies in ZvZ will have some setbacks, so you will see a lot more fair fights.Trust me on this one.
    • New

      Holoin wrote:

      Dint I made a post before telling you all the solo.activities that reward more than most group activities...and yet you dint responded?
      The truth is that in this game, Solo activities are very rewarding if you put the time to increase your specs and have the skills.

      If you mean conflicts, well,its your fault if you let yourself caugh in fights you cant win. Actually if you are outnumbered, escaping is actually a win, wish you can actually do if you have the skills.See? Again, skills get more rewarding.

      And dont worry, very soon outnumbering your enemies in ZvZ will have some setbacks, so you will see a lot more fair fights.Trust me on this one.
      Hi dude,well this post is about "Gank", my claim is about gank.

      "If you mean conflicts, well,its your fault if you let yourself caugh in fights you cant win. Actually if you are outnumbered, escaping is actually a win, wish you can actually do if you have the skills.See? Again, skills get more rewarding."
      R) When you find (or be found) Gankers , usually they are 5+ -> You cant choose "oh this fight cant win , I will run away"...No no , usually your died , if the gankers have the same experience and skill than you , its 70% probably you will die.
      If the gankers have less skills than you than you, its <70% , obvioulsy without count luck and random factors.

      Lets see... I understand this "rat mode" if you wanna catch gatherers , because that guys accumulate large quantity of the resources(money) and they are have a large skills for escape and resist ( bloodletter + gatherer set) ,ok , this is fairly consistent and healthy for the game, balance,I agree.
      But... Why keep the same system vs. characters not gatherer? For me, squadganker is a broken mechanic vs. gatherers, but it is fairly consistent, but vs non-gatherer players is a broken mechanic that needs revision and I will explain the reasons.

      Reasons:
      1) The escape/run spell of non-gatherers players is almost always much lower than the gatherer player.
      2)Non gatherer player is almost always doing an activity not related to accumulation of wealth, so the entity of opposite force (gank) and balance is not justified here
      3)If you restrict or put some more obstacles to the squadron pvp, solitary gankers and pvpsoloplayer will flourish more, there will be a new perspective of the game, this is very positive to the game, it gives more depth and activity (without eliminating the previous one, we don't want to eliminate the squad ganker, we want it nerf)

      My proposal:
      Make a complete rework of the current antizerg shield system, make it more complex, consider the attacked and attacking entities considering basic elements such as gear (gatherer or not gatherer , battle mount or not battle mount, party size ), number of attackers etc. etc. make it more robust, more intelligent.


      Argued Refuted-SBI argued
      "Being more players, they must (SquadGanker) distribute their winnings a lot, it is enough to make it less attractive."
      R) False, without going any further, it is a matter of looking and knowing the fortunes of the guilds dedicated to the gank, which are stratospheric fortunes, they have extremely high pvp fame rates ... And an intrinsic ability from average
      to low.
      But they distribute their booties between 10-20 players all the time, why are they so rich?
      This is not a misunderstanding, in fact it is something logical ...
      But you must not believe me, the same
      NOBEL OF ECONOMY OF YOU RESPOND. John Forbes Nash and their "Nash equilibrium" . The Nobel Prize in Economics refutes SBI's failed argument... it's simple ... it's logical.

      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium






      ...I have a very poor level of English, so it is very difficult for me to write my argument explicitly and clearly, I hope that people who like to discuss, read and understand what is proposed here.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by marg93 ().

    • New

      I do get what you are saying.

      However, non-gatherers have soldier boots...these boots have wanderlust, thats the running skill you are talking about. Gathering equipment also have it.

      When you go into blackzones, it is important that you go in with two sets of equipment.

      You will bring the equipment for the activity you will do(like dungeons) however you wont have it equiped. Inseatd, you need to have equiped equipment that will allow you to escaoe gankers.

      Soldier boots for the feet, Mercenary hood or soldier helmet for head, Assasin jacket or Guardian armor for chest.
      Bloodletter or double bladed staff for weapon. Everything can be T4 flat so its cheap.Aditionally, you will bring and Invisibility potion and a T5-T7 omellete.Use a swiftclaw for higher chances of escape.

      Everytime you enter blackzone, always have these equiped, and with enough skill, trust me, you will be able to escape 70% of the time instead of getting caugh 70% of the time.

      There is a reason why gankers are asking for nerfs for these equipment pieces(especially for the bloodletter)

      You can even escape a 10 man gank squad. However, 10 man gank squad are not common. Remember, the more people in a gank squaf, the more they will have to share, the less rewarding it gets, and it also gets more risky because they atract more atention from other guilds.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Holoin ().

    • New

      Holoin wrote:

      I do get what you are saying.

      However, non-gatherers have soldier boots...these boots have wanderlust, thats the running skill you are talking about. Gathering equipment also have it.

      When you go into blackzones, it is important that you go in with two sets of equipment.

      You will bring the equipment for the activity you will do(like dungeons) however you wont have it equiped. Inseatd, you need to have equiped equipment that will allow you to escaoe gankers.

      Soldier boots for the feet, Mercenary hood or soldier helmet for head, Assasin jacket or Guardian armor for chest.
      Bloodletter or double bladed staff for weapon. Everything can be T4 flat so its cheap.Aditionally, you will bring and Invisibility potion and a T5-T7 omellete.Use a swiftclaw for higher chances of escape.

      Everytime you enter blackzone, always have these equiped, and with enough skill, trust me, you will be able to escape 70% of the time instead of getting caugh 70% of the time.

      There is a reason why gankers are asking for nerfs for these equipment pieces(especially for the bloodletter)

      You can even escape a 10 man gank squad. However, 10 man gank squad are not common. Remember, the more people in a gank squaf, the more they will have to share, the less rewarding it gets, and it also gets more risky because they atract more atention from other guilds.
      "Remember, the more people in a gank squaf, the more they will have to share, the less rewarding it gets, and it also gets more risky because they atract more atention from other guilds."
      -Brother this is a big falacy ,For those of us who understand how an economy works, it is very easy to realize, in fact this: it applies in the world today, it is better to share, to give in than to compete all the time ... In the medium and long term it represents much more profitability. This is what a Nobel prize in economics tells you ... I don't say it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium Game Theory

      "Everytime you enter blackzone, always have these equiped, and with enough skill, trust me, you will be able to escape 70% of the time instead of getting caugh 70% of the time."
      -Its relative... Depends if you have territorys , if you have Quick Computer for pass portals , depends if the gankers are bad etc etc... Whathever the sistem keep being bad , abussive, High Reward, Low risk

      Whatever I respect your point of view, but I don't share it....

      I've always played as a man, or is it 1v1 or is it 1vs a lots .. (Not counting the zvz and stuff)
      Never a lot vs 1, for me that is leecher, lick, rat and I do not understand how there are people who would like to play like that and much less how the game promotes a style that does not require skill ... If I played as a rat instead of having 100m pvp that I have today, I would have about 200 or 250m pvp, I'm sure ... Anyway. regards
    • New

      marg93 wrote:

      "Remember, the more people in a gank squaf, the more they will have to share, the less rewarding it gets, and it also gets more risky because they atract more atention from other guilds."-Brother this is a big falacy ,For those of us who understand how an economy works, it is very easy to realize, in fact this: it applies in the world today, it is better to share, to give in than to compete all the time ... In the medium and long term it represents much more profitability. This is what a Nobel prize in economics tells you ... I don't say it en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_equilibrium Game Theory

      "Everytime you enter blackzone, always have these equiped, and with enough skill, trust me, you will be able to escape 70% of the time instead of getting caugh 70% of the time."
      -Its relative... Depends if you have territorys , if you have Quick Computer for pass portals , depends if the gankers are bad etc etc... Whathever the sistem keep being bad , abussive, High Reward, Low risk

      Whatever I respect your point of view, but I don't share it....

      I've always played as a man, or is it 1v1 or is it 1vs a lots .. (Not counting the zvz and stuff)
      Never a lot vs 1, for me that is leecher, lick, rat and I do not understand how there are people who would like to play like that and much less how the game promotes a style that does not require skill ... If I played as a rat instead of having 100m pvp that I have today, I would have about 200 or 250m pvp, I'm sure ... Anyway. regards
      Wow man you really are in a huge denial.

      You want stuff to work the way you say it and only the way you say it.

      Albion economy is pretty different than real life economics.the fact that you see them equally means you have no idea about economics.

      You will be able to escape more than 70% of the time with good enough skills.

      I play in a fucking laptop with 4 gb of ram and the shitiest graphic card you can find, I cant barely do a ZvZ because of how much I lag in those. And I still am able to escape pretty easy from gankers.

      The game does requires skill.

      To me, you simply look like you are pretty bad, and you simply dont want to put in the time to learn how to get better. Skills do reward in this game, and a lot.

      Oh and by the way, Albion is not a single player game. You wont see many 1 v 1.

      When you go to play a moba, like league of legends, are you the type of guy who do does nothing more than to push a line alone?Do you even know what a team based gae means? It means you play with your team. Not alone. Albion is a team game. If you want a 1 v 1 gamr go play a fighting game.

      With the way you are thinking id say albion is not for you. Stop playing it, move on.
    • New

      You have not understood anything at all friend ... economy is not just numbers and statistics ... it is a philosophical construction that builds coherence and builds on limited resources ...
      The explanation of the Squad Ganker is almost EXPLICITLY explained in the game theory of nash equilibrium ... come on man is practically explicit ...Practically explain showing apples and bunnys ...If you do not know or did not read the small excerpt from the theory of jhon forbes you have no right to comment on the subject ... Even less if you do not have a basic domain of the subject ...

      Does this game require skills? Yes. But not enough, the numbers are so so much rewarded.
      This is bad? No it's not.

      But currently the proportion is "broken" that is what is being raised ... The same inertia of the game shows you that the numbers are broken, it is a matter of looking at nothing more ..
      If solo ganking is as impossible or difficult as you think ... Explain to me how I have 100m pvp fame, which 60-70% are for solo gank?
      If it is so impossible, explain to me how I can win even in 1vs2, 1vs3, 1vs5? Explain to me ...
      Squadgankers is so so broken... Just justified for catch battle mounts and similars... Lazy people (who can't think), people with slow or lamatic brains ... There is no more explains





      If the brain is minimally used, the gank is very easy ...
      GankSquad is broken and is practiced 90% by lamers, n00bs and newbies ... Since it is too easy, if you find it "cool or pro" to be a squadganker, if you even think they should nerf gatherers it means that you have a very low ability. If the brain is minimally used, the gank is very easy ...


      We do not ask to eliminate it ... Since it is solid "content" for casuals, newbies and lamers. This content is vital for the game, just look for a REWORK ... transform 80% numbers, 20% skills to 70% numbers 30% skills.

      The post was edited 5 times, last by marg93 ().

    • New

      marg93 wrote:

      Does this game require skills? Yes. But not enough, the numbers are so so much rewarded.
      You probably don't understand the very simple economics of operating a game. Skill is irrelevant. Pay to win is what buys the operator lunches and dinners. The only small variation used by SBI is that they allow "potential" full access to free players. That maybe a mistake. But only time will tell. In any case, that "potential" is being continually eroded through the silver to gold exchange rate.
    • New

      marg93 wrote:

      Does this game require skills? Yes. But not enough, the numbers are so so much rewarded.

      This is bad? No it's not.

      But currently the proportion is "broken" that is what is being raised ... The same inertia of the game shows you that the numbers are broken, it is a matter of looking at nothing more ..
      If solo ganking is as impossible or difficult as you think ... Explain to me how I have 100m pvp fame, which 60-70% are for solo gank?
      If it is so impossible, explain to me how I can win even in 1vs2, 1vs3, 1vs5? Explain to me ...
      Squadgankers is so so broken... Just justified for catch battle mounts and similars... Lazy people (who can't think), people with slow or lamatic brains ... There is no more explains





      If the brain is minimally used, the gank is very easy ...
      GankSquad is broken and is practiced 90% by lamers, n00bs and newbies ... Since it is too easy, if you find it "cool or pro" to be a squadganker, if you even think they should nerf gatherers it means that you have a very low ability. If the brain is minimally used, the gank is very easy ...


      We do not ask to eliminate it ... Since it is solid "content" for casuals, newbies and lamers. This content is vital for the game, just look for a REWORK ... transform 80% numbers, 20% skills to 70% numbers 30% skills.



      Why do you say numbers are rewarded waay too much? How can that be true when basically 80% of the games solo activities are more profitable than group activities?

      I already said before, group ganking isnt very profitable if you compare it to other activities.

      And the higher the numbers, the more will need to be shared. Most big guilds have rules where loot needs to be sold and then the silver have to be shared. If numbers get too big, then people would barely profit.

      Also, skills are waaay more rewarding in this game than you think. For example, you want "fair fights then why dont you do hellgates? Hellgates are one of the most profitable activities, they are a 5 v 5 so you cant be outnumbered. Skill is more important there and more rewarding.

      I still think albion is not for you.
    • New

      marg93 wrote:



      I could upload 5-10 images of these per day ... Gank is too easy, it is to use the brain a little more ... Even in numerical disadvantage, with less tenderness.

      Put a nerf on squadgankers, force them to learn to play.
      a nerf? But you are already beating them solo. Why do they need a nerf?

      What is it what you even want? Doesnt make sense at all...you want to see more 1 v 1? You can duel for silver if you want 1 v 1. And anyway, Albion is not the game for you if tou want 1 v 1. You should find some.other game.

      If you want fair fights you can do hellgates or duels.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Holoin ().