Ganking and how it ruins the game.

• Adrivan wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Piddle wrote:

I am just about the biggest carebear in the BZ. All I want to do is gather up my loots or my ores and meander back to town with them. If I get caught I just die. Every time. As much as 6-10 times in a day lately. It's fine thought because it is trivial to make more silver/fame than the marginal cost of some gear. You need to just detach from the idea of ownership in your gear and treat your gear package as an investment that you hope to gain a return with. It is just quarters for the pinball machine.

If you get rid of ganking this game becomes unplayable. The only thing that even makes it a game is that all of a sudden some people can show up and start stabbing you, and then run off with your stuff. It is the heart of content in this game. Otherwise you should just go play Cookie Clicker or Farmville.

It doesn't ruin the game for anyone. It is what makes the game a game at all. Otherwise it is just an exercise in clicking things.
      That's actually bullshit, because Arena exists.You say you lose your gear, 6-10 times a day. Actually, not everyone would enjoy that, or want to psychologically detach from their equipment.

If you've played any other mmo where your gear is something you can only even use when you've spent a year levelling up to use it, that's not something you want to just throw away or keep replacing. That's not necessarily good game design at all.

The reality is, in Abion people collect rare mounts and even buy custom skins for them.

But normalize the concept of not collecting armor and weapons.

Fuck that.

i would prefer to collect armor and weapons than mounts and skins.
      why would you collect armor and weapons? they're pretty generic and not that hard to obtain...coming from other games to albion you need to adapt your way of thinking to this new way of playing, not adapt the game to your own taste.
      Go fuck yourself. I do what I want to. And i'm enjoying the game.

I only converse with you neanderthals when the server is down for daily maintenance, and occasionally at most.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

Balaster wrote:

I'm guessing that most arguing pro ganking are those who enjoy the low risk, high reward system in place.
      I'm T8 gatherer in every resource, never been in a large alliance, and have been Glorious reputation for well over 80% of my Albion career.I'm in favor of ganking.

I think part of your problem is comparing this game directly to real life. If we wanted it to be more realistic, we wouldn't have magic spells and rare mounts to traverse copy/pasted landscapes.
      Let me explain what a 'strawman' is.
      I like how you call out FusionBomb here for using a fallacy, but not Balaster's Ad hominem. Super classy. Makes you look super smart and like you want to actually have a dialogue, and not just here trying to score internet points.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Adrivan wrote:

why would you collect armor and weapons? they're pretty generic and not that hard to obtain...coming from other games to albion you need to adapt your way of thinking to this new way of playing, not adapt the game to your own taste.
      Go fuck yourself. I do what I want to. And i'm enjoying the game.
      I only converse with you neanderthals when the server is down for daily maintenance, and occasionally at most.
      CLASSINESS INTENSIFIES!
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

CallMeGosu wrote:

i cant understand all this complains
      just get good in your gathering stuff, others do the same
      remember that you need all this deaths to sell your materials, they would be worthless without this
      this game became easy mode for gatherer with mount cd and speedbuff on mounts
      why you still complain? you must be fully blind if u die all day

Piddle wrote:

If I get caught I just die. Every time. As much as 6-10 times in a day lately.
      so CallMeGosu, you're basically saying Piddle is blind LOL
      looks like he is, yes
    • It's simple, nobody talks about eliminating the ganksquads...We want a balance, Modifying the scale of Numbers vs Skill.
      Albion currently means 80% numbers, 20% skill -> Transform this in 70% Numbers , 30% skills and everyone Happy...

This is not a discussion about carebears!! (I havent so much problems in fights vs 2 or more players , but the newbie people surely have problems in this shits, this game need more chances in find 1vs1 pvp or atleast be ganked by just one guy and not for 5+)
      We need understand this fact: Albion is not hardcore game , just is a lamer game.

In hardcores game just skilled ppl reach the tops , in this game anyone newbie or n00b can gain a lot amounts of the fame pvp , a lot amounts silver, Why? NUMBERS.
      Obviously it is impossible to get even fights all the time,it is impossible to balance spontaneous fights, warcamps or castle defense, in fact if possible, this would be something bad, something bad for the game. This is aimed at those who seek a consensual form of this type of "pvp" or gank rat, where the risk is low and the reward is high. but at least put restrictions and more difficulties for those who consensually seek this type of activity ( squads vs 1) , so you force people to become more skilled and in the long run weak squads will leave and strong squads will continue to prevail

Modify the current antizerg shield: Consider the following aspects.
      Gatherers guys (gathering gear> 80%) They will have a lower antizerg shield bonus than non-gatherers players.
      Non-gatherers players must have a more strong antizerg shield than Gatherers guys ( gatherers guys create money -> gankers destroy that = Righ, is good balance)
      All these balances are COMPLICATED, since they can affect zvz fights, where some player can enter the enemy zerg alone and can become really annoying and BROKEN. I know, but the current open world mechanics need many changes

The post was edited 1 time, last by marg93 ().

• Currently when 1 player is attacked by many players he gets a buff called "Antizerg Shield", this shield is currently obsolete, it must be rescheduled.
      I think the current shield is reasonably fair to gatherers, but not enough for non-gatherers players.
      Gatherers must have a risk on their heads or it would be too easy to accumulate money (in fact, currently very easy), for this we need gankers who make the opposite force and balance the economy.

But this mechanic works the same for non gatherers players, who do not have the endless resources to escape and are not necessarily doing a purely lucrative activity.

The antizerg shield should be more powerful in non-gatherers players, in this way we could incentivize a little more the hunting of players in small groups, large groups will have more problems, but if they are good, coordinated and organized they will prevail. That's all, that's why I speak that Albion needs to reward more skills. The numbers (number of people) are exaggeratedly well rewarded, at least in Gank.
    • Lots of guilds and mega-alliance members root out gankers and gank the gank-squads on a daily basis.

If you want free-movement in Black Zone, or reds, you have to pay the price.

That means socializing, making friends, swearing allegiance, and all sorts of things that whiners on this forum continually fail to do.

So keep crying, your tears only serve as gank fuel.
    • Theat wrote:

Lots of guilds and mega-alliance members root out gankers and gank the gank-squads on a daily basis.

That means socializing, making friends, swearing allegiance, and all sorts of things that whiners on this forum continually fail to do.

If the big alliances want to swear allegiance to ME, that's fine, but I have no intention of swearing any allegiance to any entity in a game. I will cooperate with any cooperative entity, but no one is going to tell me how to play, which is the issue many have with "swearing allegiance"

Edit: before you try to say that I've told anyone how to play, you may want to read my comments again. I have no issue with PVP, or even surprise PVP. I do have issue with mechanics that favor and encourage cowardly play. If imbalance in group size was scaled to not regularly be insurmountable, and underdog accomplishments were rewarded more, I'd have absolutely nothing to say about the matter. I get that some people want to play the bad guy, I have no issue with that. I don't think safety in numbers is a good mechanic for a PVP game though. Honestly, I have a small issue with all the emphasis for gatherers to run away, rather than incentivized to stay and fight as well, but that's another matter entirely.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dc1a0 ().

• Theat wrote:

Lots of guilds and mega-alliance members root out gankers and gank the gank-squads on a daily basis.

This is an example of poor reading comprehension.
      I will have to repeat the same thing over and over and over again, the low level of argument / debate, the low level of reading comprehension, is unfortunate.

NOBODY LOOKS TO ELIMINATE THE GANK SQUAD, LOOKS TO MAKE IT LIGHTLY MORE COMPLICATED, LOOKS TO AWARD SKILL, DO NOT AWARD NUMBERS. UNDERSTANDING THAT 95% OF THE CASUAL, N00BIES AND NEWBIES DID NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE CURRENT SYSTEM,
      Why? Because they are people without skills, lamers.
    • Stormlord wrote:

I kill them and bring peace back to our shores.

no one cries harder then a red - all spoilt children <3
      Same case ... I've seen you playing and with all due respect ... I don't see you with the necessary ability to walk solo killing gankers, I will correct your sentence, you meant "I and my boys will kill them..."
      This is the game, reward the numbers, not the skill.

Anyway ... I may be the wrong one when trying to find balance and a "man" game where it is really impossible ... If the Squad gankers were limited, the Squad anti-gankers would be limited ... Then there would be more sologankers and more anti-sologankers , we could find more 1vs1 and a large etc etc ...
      It is a Domain effect that most cannot see ...

This is how things are balanced and the skill begins to be rewarded.