Ganking and how it ruins the game.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The real problem is not the gank, the problem is the numbers ... The game continues to promote and encourage group ganking ... A fun activity (?), Yes, it is.
      But it is an activity that is too easy, profitable and abusive. There are players with the necessary skills, with the desire to participate in pvp, however, the mere fact of 5vs1, 8vs1, 10vs1 makes it absurd.

The proposal is as follows: Create a new "AntizergShield" system that considers factors such as party members, the absence of members, and the nature of the set (gatherer set or fighter set). Gatherers need to be hunted, however individual players, who do not have an escape set and are not doing a purely money activity (Collection), should have some minimal advantage in their defense over gatherers ...
      So you promote a game that is a bit more skill-oriented (currently it is a LAMER, number-oriented game)

The game as it is, is good, however there are many things that can be improved, many.
      Instead of modifying the metagame based on spell modification, they could have the guts to make deeper changes / tests.

The post was edited 1 time, last by marg93 ().

• MEATCUP wrote:

@marg93 focus fire protection already exists.
      I know perfectly , I have studied the antizerg shield, constantly fighting solo vs enemy groups.

It is still an insufficient shield with outdated programming, it is still insufficient to demotivate the group gank ...

However entering that touching that shield is not so simple, since for example, a tank in a zvz, entering alone on the enemy zerg could resist too much (much more than it resists today), depending on that, it is that It is proposed to take into account the nature of the set, the members of the party, etc., etc.
    • Odr wrote:

Gankers are a good thing. Without them pve would be too easy.
      This is total idiots. PvP is good and I like it but my experioance in fight in dungs are 11 vs 5 of us/9 vs 5 uf us7 vs 3 of us. All time we are attacked when we fight with mobs.

Other example. Idiots gankers team hunting on red zone near gate to yellow zone. Any team try kill them this stupid rabits jump to yellow zone and they are save.

Other example. On yellow zones hunting reds knocked down faction flaging players. 1 stupid moron with other faction flag go only and execute sometimes with totally shit set. This stupid morons don't risk nothing.

For me PvP is other system then this system createt by SBI (stupis brain imbecilis). SBI create trolling system ganking + tatally poor PvE shit.
      But SBI will be have big problem on short time with players population because thye are too lazy for learn anything.

Many gankers still can try said PvP system in this game is great. Yep is great for stupid lazy trolls. Players base show how this game is good. SBI lost a lot of players so they go to FtP now lost players again.

Ofcurse we have reputation system but this system is again stupid joke on germany trolls create this game. In this game its only one easy way and this way is ganking. Too easy to profitable without big risk.
      Albion now is the kingdom of leazy shit haracters. Most of normal players show SBI big "fuck off" and go play other games.

The post was edited 1 time, last by assassinBK ().

• I do not get the problem. If you don't like gankers stay out of black and red. Zergs will mostly gank close to their territories because they consider the zone to be theirs. If they gank the wrong person a bigger zerg of the enemy Guild will come and take revenge.
      If you play solo get out of there. Black is not for you. If you still go there live with the idea of a Guild(Alliance) Zerging in their territory to show Others that they can't enter that zone. In the End maybe they die against a bigger Zerg or Kill 40 solo Players who will not dare to enter that zone in the future.

In the End its about Guilds showing presence and ownership.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lyopsin ().

• Lyopsin wrote:

I do not get the problem. If you don't like gankers stay out of black and red. Zergs will mostly gank close to their territories because they consider the zone to be theirs. If they gank the wrong person a bigger zerg of the enemy Guild will come and take revenge.
      If you play solo get out of there. Black is not for you. If you still go there live with the idea of a Guild(Alliance) Zerging in their territory to show Others that they can't enter that zone. In the End maybe they die against a bigger Zerg or Kill 40 solo Players who will not dare to enter that zone in the future.

In the End its about Guilds showing presence and ownership.
      That's the philosophy that will end up driving the game to its grave. Blocking content isn't going to make people want to stay around to be preyed upon. If they can't play the content and/or get a fair fight, they'll eventually leave. When it's only the big alliances and groups of cowards left, even they will get bored and leave too.

If SBI doesn't do something to check that attitude, they can kiss this project goodbye. Who knows, maybe they've started another project and keep making seemingly stupid decisions detrimental to this game because they're trying to kill it themselves.

All I know for sure is as things stand, they haven't earned my financial support yet, which I think we'll all agree is no big deal. Unless, that is, I'm not in the minority of potential paying players who are thinking like this. In the meantime, I have no problems with helping play it into the ground.
    • assassinBK wrote:

But SBI will be have big problem on short time with players population because thye are too lazy for learn anything.

Dc1a0 wrote:

That's the philosophy that will end up driving the game to its grave. Blocking content isn't going to make people want to stay around to be preyed upon. If they can't play the content and/or get a fair fight, they'll eventually leave. When it's only the big alliances and groups of cowards left, even they will get bored and leave too.
      If SBI doesn't do something to check that attitude, they can kiss this project goodbye. Who knows, maybe they've started another project and keep making seemingly stupid decisions detrimental to this game because they're trying to kill it themselves.

All I know for sure is as things stand, they haven't earned my financial support yet, which I think we'll all agree is no big deal. Unless, that is, I'm not in the minority of potential paying players who are thinking like this. In the meantime, I have no problems with helping play it into the ground.

Why do “outrage” morons always cry that an activity that has literally always been in the game is gonna kill the game... it’s been 5 years now.
    • owensssss wrote:

assassinBK wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Why do “outrage” morons always cry that an activity that has literally always been in the game is gonna kill the game... it’s been 5 years now.
      5 years? You have very small brain. 3 years in beta so only 2 years this game exist.
      This game was a project buy to play but they lost a lot of players so they change earn monay system. When was start F2P was a lot of players now is only droping down.
      But morons like owenssss will be said still exist, still exist, so far so good....

look this ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by assassinBK ().

• nobody is "blocking content", that should be said
      in this game its about you to plan your content and if you need friends, get some
      i have played in big guilds and small groups and i never had problems
      i even prefer the small group because u have more enemies and the overal game feeling ist more dangerous/interesting
      most of the time i am alone in the blackzone and i cant say that i lose money
      not with ganking, not with gatheing, not with dungeons
      and i dont play crappy gear
      there is no "content block" just because some ppl want to kill you XD
      for many exactly this is the content
    • Many of those who speak here do not understand the perspective of this discussion, I can locate by name the majority of the players discussing here and I know the style of play they have (the majority play in large groups, gank groups or participate in mega alliances or in teamfights with numerical advantages)

I can humbly say that I have played from both sides
      (soloplayer and zvzplayer) even as gankersquad
      I understand and have studied the mechanics of the game, from its basic math to its practical gameplay and I think that because of that my opinion reflects to some degree the true reality of the current game.
      the discussion is not a product of: "we are bad players, they kill me a lot" On the contrary, as I said before I have been since the 2 forges and probably I am one of the few players in the game that really understands how these mechanics work

It's not about eliminating the numerical advantage, it's not about eliminating the gank squad,
      since it's the essence of the game, but that does not mean that it requires changes, it requires a BALANCE, making it more complicated!!.
      Today the game is experiencing a great imbalance, in broad strokes it does not reward skill, it rewards associativity.
      This is bad? No, it is not the opposite, for a mmo it is very important that the associativity is relevant to achieve goals, however when the associativity is made to dissolve individual efforts or obtain advantages that escape the intrinsic ability of the player is when the error of the game philosophy happens

For example, many people who play gvg cry for changes (EGO). It bothers them that every 2 months they have to make changes in their teams and strategy, they have trouble thinking, they have trouble creating ...
      They are supposed to be competitive ... the theorycrafting should be natural in them!!, it is not only about crushing buttons ... But when from the beginning this game rewards rat activities, lammer activities, Over-reward associativity and in the background the real skill, is when these things (whining) acquire senses, the philosophy of the game leads players to a poor gameplay.
    • I know marg is legit, you were in my alliance at one time. I know you’re not a bad player. I don’t argue against Balance I’m just calling out annihilationist thinking:

But the open world is as much a social game as it a skill game. an aspect that is enormous in large scale guild gameplay. You can’t eliminate the efforts of someone who is able to call together groups for advantage. Strategize members for time zones. That’s a earned skill in itself. Black Zone has always been rooted in open ended gameplay which of course leads to grouping players for advantage as is fitting for the open end of a full loot pvp game.

I think being able to master the full spectrum of the social & skill sides of the game should offer the greatest reward. The results of which are the guilds and players ganking and controlling zones.

Do what you please about faction and flagging abuse but leave Bz out.
    • marg93 wrote:

For example, many people who play gvg cry for changes (EGO). It bothers them that every 2 months they have to make changes in their teams and strategy, they have trouble thinking, they have trouble creating ...
      They are supposed to be competitive ... the theorycrafting should be natural in them!!, it is not only about crushing buttons ... But when from the beginning this game rewards rat activities, lammer activities, Over-reward associativity and in the background the real skill, is when these things (whining) acquire senses, the philosophy of the game leads players to a poor gameplay.
      Ganking alone doesn't stifle creativity, it's when there is no competition that does it. To create new strategy requires constant conflict to move people as they are too lazy/no motivation to do it without conflict. I bet any alliance, even EGO, will want new teams and strategies if the old plan doesn't work for the 10th time as long as there is conflict to drive them.
    • Ganking is a core aspect of this game and one of the most fun elements from both perspectives.

My guild actually participates in both ganking and anti-ganking. Some nights we're the gankers and other nights we specifically hunt them. For anti-ganking, we'll spread out over a zone looking for enemies and when they jump someone we bait back to our group and usually bring down a lot of pain on them. It definitely gets people thinking twice before jumping on someone.

Best baits are usually gatherers or healers (people are usually too cautious to jump on a tank). But once gankers commit their sprints to try to secure a kill they are basically sitting ducks if you come in and dismount next to them.