What's up with this gank 4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What's up with this gank 4

On my merry way riding giant horse. Got chased by 4 gankers. They were no match for me. But they did persist, still no problems. I thought I'd be clever and call up map on the move, just like in Fusionbomb's video. While doing that, I got stuck. Around that time, the gankers converged on me. In the confusion, I pressed some other key and brought up some other sh*t on the screen. The resulting confusion produced panic. For convenience, my mouse pad wasn't placed well and I always used a corner of it. The corner was bordered by chrome and the mouse would not work on it. During the panic, my mouse was on the chrome part. Nothing was moving then. I was dead.

Lost the horse plus a million stock. The gankers earned it, but they did not win it.

The only lesson I can draw from that is to deduct a point from Fusionbomb for his video. While racing gankers, it's a bad idea to check the map. Instead the concentration should be on the open terrain and positioning relative to the gankers. No use to tell me I am wrong, I cannot be convinced otherwise. It was an unnecessary death.

Improvements next, no map checking unless gankers completely out of sight. Special pro placement of the mouse pad in danger areas.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Player112 ().

• Well, that's fixed it. Was in and out of Caerleon all day, no further problems. On the final return trip, there was blockade on tunnel exit. Well, I just lol'ed. The dying screams from the piled up ox's were blood curdling though.

The zoom on mini map was helpful. So, +1 point for Fusionbomb. NumLock will be good for driving ox in blue zone. But I don't see having to do that too often now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

The only lesson I can draw from that is to deduct a point from Fusionbomb for his video. While racing gankers, it's a bad idea to check the map.
      No its a good idea if you know what you are doing.

Player112 wrote:

Sure. I checked, and my wallet ended dead. Luckily, my prior load is already producing a return.
      Too bad you can't buy any skill with those "returns"
    • Lost another giant horse plus stock to the map. While traversing the map, I kept 2 fingers on the keyboard: one on the map key and the other on the mount spell key. I ran into 5 gankers, and we were racing. Eventually, the dismounted ones started to slow me down with spells. I pressed the mount spell key to break free and the map popped up. Of course, I used the wrong finger and pressed the wrong key. The surprise caught me off guard and that was the end of it.

Later, I improved my technique further by not using the map at all. So, I had just one finger on the mount spell key, nothing could go wrong then. That worked fine for the third horse.

The gankers were able to vector in on my position while I was travelling on a side route. This might just have been a coincidence. A later incident on the third horse convinced me the risk was beyond any mount or any skill can counter: i was attackable by simply entering one of the Caerleon tunnels, although I was able to escape. This put an end to my experimentation with the giant horse. It is simply too expensive for the enormous risk. I have one horse left, and overall I have been lightly profitable after taking into account all the losses.

I have one more strategy/test that I can use on Caerleon. Failing that, I will have gained all I need to know about the risks at Caerleon, and excluded it from my trading.
    • Player112 wrote:

Lost another giant horse plus stock to the map. While traversing the map, I kept 2 fingers on the keyboard: one on the map key and the other on the mount spell key. I ran into 5 gankers, and we were racing. Eventually, the dismounted ones started to slow me down with spells. I pressed the mount spell key to break free and the map popped up. Of course, I used the wrong finger and pressed the wrong key. The surprise caught me off guard and that was the end of it.
      cute story

Player112 wrote:

I have one more strategy/test that I can use on Caerleon. Failing that, I will have gained all I need to know about the risks at Caerleon, and excluded it from my trading.
      noob
    • Player112 wrote:

Lost another giant horse plus stock to the map. While traversing the map, I kept 2 fingers on the keyboard: one on the map key and the other on the mount spell key. I ran into 5 gankers, and we were racing. Eventually, the dismounted ones started to slow me down with spells. I pressed the mount spell key to break free and the map popped up. Of course, I used the wrong finger and pressed the wrong key. The surprise caught me off guard and that was the end of it.

Later, I improved my technique further by not using the map at all. So, I had just one finger on the mount spell key, nothing could go wrong then. That worked fine for the third horse.

The gankers were able to vector in on my position while I was travelling on a side route. This might just have been a coincidence. A later incident on the third horse convinced me the risk was beyond any mount or any skill can counter: i was attackable by simply entering one of the Caerleon tunnels, although I was able to escape. This put an end to my experimentation with the giant horse. It is simply too expensive for the enormous risk. I have one horse left, and overall I have been lightly profitable after taking into account all the losses.

The Agent Smiths have 2 of your 3 horses.

They will get your third one. Sell it before its too late.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!
    • Abydon wrote:

My tests with the giant horse is complete. The remaining horse has been reassign for express hauling duties between royal cities.

My new strategy turned out to be brilliant. Caerleon will become a major part of my play. Good job by SBI today for removing all gankers. I managed to get some swift business done, it was a nice bonus.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Player112 wrote:

Abydon wrote:

My tests with the giant horse is complete. The remaining horse has been reassign for express hauling duties between royal cities.
      My new strategy turned out to be brilliant. Caerleon will become a major part of my play. Good job by SBI today for removing all gankers. I managed to get some swift business done, it was a nice bonus.
      Ah, but the Agent Smiths are waiting for you to run to Caerleon again.
      Discord: ChaosCircle#9506

Neighborhood Watch is always recruiting!