Land Auction System Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Land Auction System Changes

Hello everyone,

In order to keep ownership of city plots competitive, we are making some basic but very important changes to the land auction system.

We are informing you about these changes now so that you can be aware of them before they are implemented. However, these changes will not be in effect until the bidding cycle that starts on Sunday, September 15.

Here is what will change:
      • Under the new system, the full amount of the winning bid will be collected from the winner. Bids by the current plot owner will still count double.
      • This means, for example, that if the plot owner bids 10 million Silver and the next-highest bid is 16 million Silver, the plot owner wins the bid, since their bid counts as 20 million. With proxy bidding no longer in place, the full 10 million will be collected (as opposed to 8 million plus one Silver under the current system).
      • Likewise, in an extremely lopsided situation where the current owner bids 100 million Silver (for an effective value of 200 million) and the next-highest bid is 16 million, the full 100 million Silver will be collected from the owner.
      • The Land Auction UI will be updated to reflect these changes, with prominent warnings that the full amount of the winning bid will be due.
      As a reminder, since Oberon Patch 4 in April 2019, land auctions use a "blind auction" system:
      • During the bidding phase of the land auction, the highest bid is hidden from the public, and bidders can only see their own bids.
      • 24 hours before the end of the auction cycle, bidding ends, and the winning bid and player are visible to all players in the Real Estate UI. At this point, any blocked funds are released and all ingame confirmation messages are sent. (This phase replaced the previous "Owners Only" bidding phase.)
      • The winning bid of the previous auction remains visible at all times.
      • Players no longer receive in-game messages related to changes in the highest bidder during the auction phase.
    • lol

PrintsKaspian

when making decisions like this again

Don't think of them in the toilet

sit down, meet, you can find the right result of the discussion more beautiful this way

This is the game for us we have fun

but this is the real life decisions for you
      because you will lose players <>customers

listen to me a big brother advice to you

Shame Shame Shame

The post was edited 5 times, last by Vasort ().

• Thank you for another tweak in the system.

It shows, you are willing to try to fix. Small steps, but steps! In this phase now the absolut right call.

But if this dont work, cause the owners nor the bidders understand the true value of an city plot and bid each other the hell out of it, like they do right now, then the time is ticking for a mature disprutiv change to this system.

For me, the clock is almost hitting midnight regarding this topic!
    • Tough to say how this will exactly play out, but I think this is a good change. Will make it much harder for Cartel members to drop 100+M bids to defend all their plots and still make a profit, without letting some fall to other people trying to break into the plot scene.

Overall I like it, cautiously optimistic this will help.
    • Vasort wrote:

lol

PrintsKaspian

sit down, meet, you can find the right result of the discussion more beautiful this way

Shame Shame Shame
      I absolutely love this post
    • Vasort wrote:

lol

PrintsKaspian

Shame Shame Shame
      When you say lose players, you mean the people who are part of the cartel, so we don't lose much tbh :*
    • Снова идиотская идея которая ломает систему аукциона, станки не приносят тех денег которые что бы отваливать еще больше бабла за них, в том же карлеоне станки держат для своих гильдий или альянса, в королевских по факту тоже самое, только но немного меньшом размере, те кто хочет войти в этот бизнес и так имеют возможность сейчас, но этот бизнес не такой простой и не дешевый, нубам без серебра тут делать нечего, и сводом от этих изменений это видно еще сильней. Если это все же ведут, не вижу профита тогда строить здание свыше т6 тира это не прибыльно, так как постройка до т8 плюс минус сейчас 20-25кк стоит, в королевских городах мало станков которые приносят доход что бы покрыть постройку,еду и покупку этой земли,а значит мы сможет увидить продажу большенсво земель и нубов в этом деле которые просто будут терять деньги, а те кто шарят будут строить т6 и не парится или же просто покинут проект и пойдут искать что то новое, в данный момент нужно подумать над тем как вернуть онлайн который уж очень просел.
    • Vasort wrote:

lol

PrintsKaspian

Shame Shame Shame
      How.... do you re-read what you write? Every post I read of yours is absolutely cringe worthy. Is there a way to block specific peoples posts so I don't ever see them?
    • Whats with the double bid for the owner. I mean can't we come up with a better number like owners bid is 30% higher. I think 30 to 40% Higher for the owner is more fair. Hell 60 to 80% is even better then 100% doubled! If the owner drops 100Mil a new person shouldn't have to drop 200mil to take over. Its a bit high, You are getting there but not there yet! Down with the Cartel!
    • Vasort wrote:

lol

PrintsKaspian

Shame Shame Shame
      When your fun ruins the game for the rest of the community, sometimes its better to cut the limb to save the rest of the body. Especially when players forget that the game thrives on more people having fun, then less people having fun.