Land Auction System Changes

• U need to read other topic I told 3 days ago i will start bidding all cartels and i will also win that content because this content already end for me i did +100 billion silver already

with This system its gonna be soooo easy for me

even if i wont bid anyone They will lose silver

After 15th september You cant find any shop owner in this game BECAUSE all of them gonna lose silver

So Are u gonna be Shop Owner
      }
      TELL ME WHO WILL BUY SHOPS

so Retard Players Will cry again

MAKE SHOPS NPC

BECAUSE OF THAT

when making decisions like this again

Don't think of them in the toilet

sit down, meet, you can find the right result of the discussion more beautiful this way
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Sheppard wrote:

Is there a way to block specific peoples posts so I don't ever see them?
      >visit profile>block button (top right)
      As far as I know that isn't the current functionality of the block button. I think it only blocks private messages. I
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • @PrintsKaspian

I was once a high end plot owner, having 24 plots from launch. ive been out of it due to losing to much money for a while, and just got a 4 plot last auction.

I am documenting running income every day, to get a understanding of the viability.
      I am sure you have even more data on this, but im also thinking that you might not really look into this based on the changes done.

Currently even at the cartel rules and inflated pricing plot owners lose money. (if you dont have the data, ill gladly show you income and cost of running plots today).

As you are new, let me remind you of the original design, which was scrapped before launch - and why its critical to actually have for plot owners.
      The problem is that a crafting station has unlimited production capacity, and what happens if you have 10 factories with the ability to craft the exact same thing at unlimited capacity ? you keep lowering the price, you even lower it below your cost in hopes of competitors getting ruined making it a race to the bottom.
      When cities were designed a very clever component called crafting capacity was added. Sure you could have the lowest cost, but you would then sell cheap and run out of capacity. (that recharges non stop).
      This creates a real market, where you decide for either selling fast at low cost accepting running out of capacity, or you hold and wait for the low cost the run out and then sell yours at a higher rate.

this is REAL market activities, but for some disastrous reason your colleagues decided to scrap that system before launch giving crafting stations unlimited crafting capacity - not by changing the core systems but simply by boosting capacity regen so much that it never runs out and defacto is limitless.

Your bidding system is ok, at it will lower the cost of winning auctions. However very quickly people will realise that the cost of running a station even if you got it for 1 silver at the auction would be at a loss because rates would be driven down, in a time where stone blocks are historically high.
      So all shop owners will lose money, and the only way to change that is to accept that auctions are different but that you must immediatly recreate cartel rules every single auction.
      If you dont do that all plot owners will lose money, and the only reason it runs is that some likes running shops and accepts paying money to actually run shops.

I will be happy to share numbers if you dont have them.

This change is good, if you also change crafting capacity back to the design originally intended - but isolated you are making a bad situation even worse.

thanks for reading
      /Frank
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Hello everyone,

In order to keep ownership of city plots competitive, we are making some basic but very important changes to the land auction system.

We are informing you about these changes now so that you can be aware of them before they are implemented. However, these changes will not be in effect until the bidding cycle that starts on Sunday, September 15.

Here is what will change:
      • Under the new system, the full amount of the winning bid will be collected from the winner. Bids by the current plot owner will still count double.
      • This means, for example, that if the plot owner bids 10 million Silver and the next-highest bid is 16 million Silver, the plot owner wins the bid, since their bid counts as 20 million. With proxy bidding no longer in place, the full 10 million will be collected (as opposed to 8 million plus one Silver under the current system).
      • Likewise, in an extremely lopsided situation where the current owner bids 100 million Silver (for an effective value of 200 million) and the next-highest bid is 16 million, the full 100 million Silver will be collected from the owner.
      • The Land Auction UI will be updated to reflect these changes, with prominent warnings that the full amount of the winning bid will be due.
      As a reminder, since Oberon Patch 4 in April 2019, land auctions use a "blind auction" system:
      • During the bidding phase of the land auction, the highest bid is hidden from the public, and bidders can only see their own bids.
      • 24 hours before the end of the auction cycle, bidding ends, and the winning bid and player are visible to all players in the Real Estate UI. At this point, any blocked funds are released and all ingame confirmation messages are sent. (This phase replaced the previous "Owners Only" bidding phase.)
      • The winning bid of the previous auction remains visible at all times.
      • Players no longer receive in-game messages related to changes in the highest bidder during the auction phase.

You left out the important information of where the addional money kept will go to.
      • Will it all go to the player who loses the auction?
      • Wil that additional amount of silver spent on auctions count towards the total "taxes" for the city, meaning the recently reduced city tax rate from 25% down to 10% now will get buffed back up?

Thirdly your copy paste from the Oberon Patch 4 contains an error, namely:

... "The winning bid of the previous auction remains visible at all times."...

This is not currently the case, it is only visible during auction week and not during the 3 weeks in between.
      Bogul#6397 - Merchants of the Mist - Founder & Head of "Management"
    • Plot owners, specifically the rent seeking ones who nearly exclusively use them to sell nutrition to other players, have always been plot owners worst enemies. They continue to try to rent seek and continue to not make silver and continue to complain about it. They have always had a clear option to just not do that, but they choose to continue and then to beg for changes that guarantee them a profit.

That isn't life though. If you can't earn silver from plots. Stop owning them and let other people try. Eventually, I have hope, someone will figure it all out.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • As a small shop owner in a non-zerg alliance, this is pretty much GG.

It drastically increases the cost of defending plots and thus turnover, which is the anathema of a sustainable city.

The only people who benefit from this are City owners.

On a personal note, the wealth I've invested into shops, which accrued over the last two years of crafting and fighting, has been devalued significantly with this change, and one of the few remaining aspects of Albion that was still interesting has been rendered pointless.
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

That doesnt change that he is right.

you will go back to where every shop owner lost money
      They would only lose lots of money because the existing shop bids are over inflated to maintain monopoly prices. Would you lose as much money if you didn't bid 300mil on multiple shops just to keep the monopoly on 1 shop going? I think you forget that you are raising usage fees in staggering amounts because you want to keep the monopoly going.
    • t.

thisismine wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

That doesnt change that he is right.

you will go back to where every shop owner lost money
      They would only lose lots of money because the existing shop bids are over inflated to maintain monopoly prices. Would you lose as much money if you didn't bid 300mil on multiple shops just to keep the monopoly on 1 shop going? I think you forget that you are raising usage fees in staggering amounts because you want to keep the monopoly going.
      Its a lost discussion because people wont accept what plot owners say ever.
      you will see plot prices going down, fees going down, and shopowners losing money due to the plot cost and the stone repair cost is way bigger than the income.
      The problem is that there is a few plot owners who know the reality, and the angry masses who dont understand the economy behind who scream for blood.

So SBI bows to that, and people simply have to watch how it becomes a norm for plot owners to lose money on their plot, but purely have them because they have a dream of running a shop thinking it is close to decent business.

But you and the other masses will not accept what plot owners say so now the ignorant masses will get their way and we will be shot back to where we were with the shops a year ago.

/f
    • Do plot owners etc understand that combined they don't even make up 0.01% of the player base?
      What is more important - making a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery few people happy, or the rest of Albion?

Now I don't know much about plots - but one thing I do know is that I can't use plots in Caerleon cus they are too expensive.
      It works GREAT in the other cities tho : )

If this makes the prices go lower in the main city, I am certain avrage players such as myself will get more happy regardless of the income after selling the product. It's just so disheartening to pay sooooooo much money trying to spend focus points. It's simple, it's not fun.

Do plot owners overexaggerate their own importance to the game?
      Like, if you think changes suck and you quit, do you think it matters for the big picture of the game? That YOU as a plot guy quits?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brizi ().

• Very simple

If really noone runs a shop and all loose money it will regulate itself.

It is a sandbox and we will see what happens.

But as the cartel says the world is going down..I just can say thumbs up!!

It is a sandbox, love it or leave it.

I just take popcorn and watch the salty tears of the cartel and wait till SBI turns around..

I think we will see soon same as "friendly fire" they announced..