Land Auction System Changes

• The world is not managed by daily decisions
      who understand this game
      they already know that this decision is made very quickly and daily
      the purpose is just to stop me
      because they thing most of the players are will stop playing game because of cartel
      but you didn't need to do this because I wrote that I changed my side 5 days ago in the forum i will start finishing cartels all of them
      It was already very easy.
      but I won't talk about these issues anymore
      because
      I really think these decisions are made in the toilet

i have also 1 question

After a long time, I re-entered the game yesterday and remembered why I stopped playing (closed articulo mortis 3rd position solo guild season 6)

i went to fight my king mojo

but the game didn't put us on the map because the map was full

I was very surprised AGAIN
      because
      These idiots put the number of people on the map, but they didn't put limits on Alliance (because if alliance are limited they cant go that map 5000 people easly)

And Before season 6 ends we talked about those problems

I'm trying to say
      More important problems, please do not approach the stupid amateur as you do now, try to solve those problems beautifully
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

t.

thisismine wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

That doesnt change that he is right.

you will go back to where every shop owner lost money
      They would only lose lots of money because the existing shop bids are over inflated to maintain monopoly prices. Would you lose as much money if you didn't bid 300mil on multiple shops just to keep the monopoly on 1 shop going? I think you forget that you are raising usage fees in staggering amounts because you want to keep the monopoly going.
      Its a lost discussion because people wont accept what plot owners say ever.you will see plot prices going down, fees going down, and shopowners losing money due to the plot cost and the stone repair cost is way bigger than the income.
      The problem is that there is a few plot owners who know the reality, and the angry masses who dont understand the economy behind who scream for blood.

So SBI bows to that, and people simply have to watch how it becomes a norm for plot owners to lose money on their plot, but purely have them because they have a dream of running a shop thinking it is close to decent business.

But you and the other masses will not accept what plot owners say so now the ignorant masses will get their way and we will be shot back to where we were with the shops a year ago.

/f
      Your forgetting a very large part in economics and how the market works and balances. With this change... I see food, stone, and everything used to keep the plots running going down in price. Until this change happens in the market, there is absolutely no point to own a plot at the given time. It's to expensive for how much return and headache it gives. Until then I wait for stone to go down.
    • Been a while since last time I have lurked around. Seems the focus around this game has turned away from fun and fights, but making money and optimise time doing it? Seems a very strong theme, or at least the more vocals around all businessmen and economists? Perhaps too many gold sellersthat are feeding off things like land income?

No matter how big/small/nice/weird are the changes, it's always a good opportunity to shift things and create new opportunities. Perhaps this is a piece of realism injected in the equation with events manipulated by banks, politics, fake news and so on, in the case sort of simulated by sbi changes. The more mess and uncertainty the devs can inject into the game, the more opportunity to keep the game interesting and fresh. The ones who protect a stagnating cartel are most likely profiting also in real life, probably not really interested in the game fun, but just keep the land system flowing money in to resell.

Would be interesting from the game design perspective to start simulating adversity like irregular property cycles and side forces developed by SBI as top government like group, push changes that crash item market or land seriously to be later reverted in some way. I would see it as a world that evolves, not a game that strive to be perfected. A perfected game stagnates.

I would say, let's welcome changes, and see how the lemmings in this world react :) then again another economic disaster, more opportunities that comes and goes.
      Synced Onetyper

The post was edited 1 time, last by Synced ().

• Dc1a0 wrote:

Dygenn_II wrote:

What is the value of our time? It never seems to enter into the intricate calculations people dwell on.
      If we thought it was all that valuable, would we be playing a game with it rather than doing something actually productive? Just pointing out the elephant in the room.
      True, but there still has to be a base value, to start out calculations from. I suppose an hourly return value could be determined by measuring the time needed to gather, say, 100 T2 logs, and base a 'wage' on the market value of those logs. It seems like a foundation of sand to be basing a lot of financial calculations on, tho.
    • Dygenn_II wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

Dygenn_II wrote:

What is the value of our time? It never seems to enter into the intricate calculations people dwell on.
      If we thought it was all that valuable, would we be playing a game with it rather than doing something actually productive? Just pointing out the elephant in the room.
      True, but there still has to be a base value, to start out calculations from. I suppose an hourly return value could be determined by measuring the time needed to gather, say, 100 T2 logs, and base a 'wage' on the market value of those logs. It seems like a foundation of sand to be basing a lot of financial calculations on, tho.
      In that perspective, that would vary as it does in the real world with practices , which is why productivity is so relative. In the game model though it could be expressed as a function. Perhaps something like: P=v/t-c where productivity(P) equals the market value of the thing acquired(v) divided by time spent acquiring(t) minus the cost of acquiring it(c); (tool costs etc. but also would work for buying instead of gathering, so it can be used as a comparison.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dc1a0: corrected formula ().

• Really strange how nutrition works.
      Ex:
      Nutrition cost for artefact craft 1, 2, 3 weapon is the same. But crafting tax between artefact 1 to artefact 2 is pretty big.
      Tax rate and nutrition cost scale in different ways.
      You can make a plot owner rich by crafting only Tx.3 and artefact 3.

In opposite way you can make them lose profit by crafting T2.0 and T3.0 in large quantity.
    • Why would these changes do anything? Any smart person who paid for a plot is going to set his tax rate at a % where they can make profit or at least not lose $. The problem being if they break even they will lose their bidding value every month they keep it, so they need to at least make that much back.

The changes to not being able to see the top bid means more overbidding would happen (i.e. top bid is 10 mill, I don't know that so I drop 50 mill). This means my cost increased and so my tax will reflect that cost. I need to make back the cost for food + 50 mill I just spent to break even.

The only way this change helps the average player is if some person buys a plot and is okay taking a loss. But if that was the case they could have already been dropping 100-200 million bids on plots, this would cause the cartel to either give up the plot or lose all the profits each month + more (oh hey higher taxes).

As taxes increase guilds and players should be incentives to make their own buildings on their islands as the cost of tax will outweigh any benefit of city resource return.

If I owned a plot I'd increase the tax and calculate how much I'm willing to make per day as compared to the upkeep required (spend 30 mins feeding plots to make 6 mill per day). I'm okay with the 1 mill per day profit, rest goes into defense fund. I drop bids of 150 mill each bid cycle (effectively 300). Taxes stay high and I get passive income. The benefit is, if someone wants to attack my plot and bid the 300 million to take it, I get a 150 mil pay day, and my 150 mil back from losing the bid. I just made a cool 330 million that month.

Welcome to Econ 101. This change only means less profit for shop owners as they spend more to defend, effectively making plots harder to get. Oh, and city owners get to rake in even more $. As Vasort was saying, this change is stupid it only takes profit from shop owners away to give to one of the 3 guilds able to hold the city.

TLDR: Taxes will stay the same or increase as shop owners will continue to want to make profit. People on forums will continue to QQ because they are too lazy or poor to put in the effort to make their own buildings.
    • Link the RRR for buildings on private islands to the average tax rate on all of the the corresponding buildings in the city its attached to (ie you have a smelter on a private or guild island in Lym then the RRR is based on the average tax of all smelters in Lym). The higher the tax rate goes, increase the RRR on privately owned buildings, the more attractive it then becomes to craft on a private island. Cartels raise the taxes too high then it becomes more economical to use your own or your guilds stations and the cartels have to either drop tax rates or make less silver
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter