DPS Arcane?

• DPS Arcane?

Can a full cloth arcane build be viable in pvp? I only see people running arcane staffs with plate, and the damage is pretty low, arcane is all about support, and i mean, if you aint dealing some damage you wont be supporting your team 100%, the only cons of cloth is that you have 0 survivality, this question is for people that play arcane, i would like to try it, but not with plate.
      Pissing a few moments ago
      I looked down at my penis
      affectionately.

Knowing it has been inside
      you twice today makes me
      feel beautiful.
    • Definitely,

As an arcane you can have probably highest damage output in game however you become a gun turret with 0% mobility. Make sure to use Morgana Cape and Druid Chest, I also like to use Cleric Cowl (defense skill) and Cleric boots (blink), i think i got those right. Also throw aggressive caster onto your weapon, attack order as follows:

1. Pop Druid Chest
      2. Pop Resist Pot (1 stack)
      3. Pop Helm Defense (2 stacks)
      4. Blink (Positioning, 3 stacks)
      5. E skill (Pop Morgana Cape, Make sure to early cancel if it is channel 4 Stacks)
      6. W Frazzle (Damage Buff, 5 Stacks)
      7. Q (6 Stacks)
      8. Q (7 Stacks)
      9. Q (8 Stacks, you are a machine gun)
      10. Q (9 Stacks)
      11. Q (10 Stacks)
      12. Q
      13. Repeat steps 6-12 on Frazzle Cooldown
      14. .... Profit

Try it out for yourself! I've often surprised people in duels, they ask: Where the F*** did that damage come from?

*NOTE: This is not recommended for solo gank, as you stand still and don't have any escape or chase. However, Using locus I have had great success in defending myself against a solo gank. Pop Locus bubble on myself when they initiate attack with buffs, Locus will remove their buffs, and give me 231 Resistance. I reposition and do the above and by the time they realize they are going down hopefully you are at full machine gun power and take them out before they run away. if they pop boots no real reason to try to chase them down because you won't catch them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sheppard: Edit: Great suggestions from other people in this thread. Stalker shoes are a straight upgrade to Cleric Boots, providing a boost to damage. Also different Cowl choices. Rotation remains mostly the same idea. Pop the druid chest and get in 3-4 skills, frazzle then Machine gun Q, Profit$$. Cheers! ().

• Sheppard wrote:

Definitely,

As an arcane you can have probably highest damage output in game however you become a gun turret with 0% mobility. Make sure to use Morgana Cape and Druid Chest, I also like to use Cleric Cowl (defense skill) and Cleric boots (blink), i think i got those right. Also throw aggressive caster onto your weapon, attack order as follows:

1. Pop Druid Chest
      5. E skill (Pop Morgana Cape, Make sure to early cancel if it is channel 4 Stacks)
      7. Q (6 Stacks)
      8. Q (7 Stacks)
      10. Q (9 Stacks)
      11. Q (10 Stacks)
      12. Q
      14. .... Profit

Try it out for yourself! I've often surprised people in duels, they ask: Where the F*** did that damage come from?

*NOTE: This is not recommended for solo gank, as you stand still and don't have any escape or chase. However, Using locus I have had great success in defending myself against a solo gank. Pop Locus bubble on myself when they initiate attack with buffs, Locus will remove their buffs, and give me 231 Resistance. I reposition and do the above and by the time they realize they are going down hopefully you are at full machine gun power and take them out before they run away. if they pop boots no real reason to try to chase them down because you won't catch them.
      :FeelsEnergylessMan:

I'd use a royal cowl with a druidic robe, or a scholar robe with a cleric cowl ;)
    • Gugusteh wrote:

Sheppard wrote:

Definitely,

1. Pop Druid Chest
      7. Q (6 Stacks)
      8. Q (7 Stacks)
      10. Q (9 Stacks)
      11. Q (10 Stacks)
      12. Q
      14. .... Profit

:FeelsEnergylessMan:
      I'd use a royal cowl with a druidic robe, or a scholar robe with a cleric cowl ;)
      Definitely an energy drain, I leave on the + resistance shield when I know i'm engaging in Pvp. Otherwise I throw energy regain on the helm. Another option I've been doing is use a lymh cape for the energy regen, losing a little bit of machine gun power but with aggressive caster it is still pretty darn good. I usually run with a group where our healer is running druid cowl so I've never needed it in a 2v2 or 5v5. I'm more worried about resistance and just burning down call target/Locus Placements.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

SBI keep nerfing arcane.
      New swords W is also nerf to arcanes))))
      Nothing against you gmatagmis, but i really dislike posts like this. I respect you to have this opinion but I don't think SBI is nerfing anyone by giving swords a shiny new toy to play with. SBI gave swords a skill I think they desperately needed, some type of counter play. Just like looking out for Green Shield aura, Red Shield Aura, Red Lifesteal Aura, now you have to really pay attention to shields. It's really upping the skill ceiling to pvp in this game and I applaud SBI for adding in thought out skills like this.

I
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

anything would be better than cleric cowl (scholar cowl, hunter hood, etc)

and why cleric sandals over stalker shoes?
      Yeah, for pvp I completely agree. But alot of times im just PvE Fame farming with a group and i use the blink to reposition out of an AOE so it just happens to be my highest spec, and its real cheap haha. With blink I can get an extra couple of Q's in before I need to blink out of damage area.

As far as the cowls, I really like having the resistance shield and resistance pots. My other character is super tanky, so just bad habits i guess. without the mobility of soldier boots i felt i needed more resistance to take more hits.

I will definitely take the recommendations in thread and try out new things though. Always trying to improve build.
    • Specter Hood
      Schoolar Robe
      Royal cloth Shoes

Cape: Morganas/Lymhurst

Main Hand: Witchwork Staff + Tome or Occult Staff
      Potion: Giga/Resis/Heal Pot

Through the specter hood you can endlessly spam your Q and reach insane single target dps for a long period. That d be the glas canon way to do it. If you want more sustain and safety you should consider guardian boots and maybe a shield as offhand, but that lowers the damage drastically. The problem is really that this kind of build doesnt work in many fields. You need allies who protect you and at the same time you need to prevent enbemies from simply runnng back from your cast range, which is not the best...but not the worst either. I m personally also a fan of the druid robe, since the specter but the problem is that the scholar robe really provides that casting bonus which is so powerfull since it alows you more flexibility. All these faster cast arcane dps builds are great for riping bosses in RDs, HCEs, or for world bosses but really lack AOE dps.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Joshuan ().