Carleon 90% tax, sbi ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Player112 wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

Even though it's still profitable to craft at 100+% tax, I craft everything on my guild island (at a loss) just to keep from giving them money.
      Is it not possible to craft in the royal cities and then take the goods to caerleon? I have just tested a route using a donkey and haven't encountered any problems.
      I just walked over a road blindfolded and survived. As this is statistically significant enough to determine an outcome - crossing roads is safe.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Even though it's still profitable to craft at 100+% tax, I craft everything on my guild island (at a loss) just to keep from giving them money.
      Perhaps it's just the way I look at it, but how is it a loss crafting on your guild island?

When I first saw the usage fees after leaving the starter town, I crafted at the guild island because the usage fees scared me as a F2P player. In full disclosure it was early on when 10k silver seemed like a lot to me.

Even to this day, now that I do craft in the city for the RRR, it seems more like a bonus that helps me level crafting faster more than something necessary to profit. Or is it the argument of calling profiting less than maximum a loss that I can't agree with?
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Perhaps it's just the way I look at it, but how is it a loss crafting on your guild island?
      0% return rate when not using focus on guild island

15% return rate without focus in town

just need to do the math on whatever stuff you're crafting... only thing that truly seems outrageous is "crafting" bread, i think
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/90/90 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

0% return rate when not using focus on guild island
      15% return rate without focus in town

just need to do the math on whatever stuff you're crafting... only thing that truly seems outrageous is "crafting" bread, i think
      So in other words, the rest of that reply I wrote was also your answer that I disagree with. Boils down to the way I look at it. To me, RRR in the game is akin to extreme couponing in real life. I don't do that either.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

According to another thread, it's due to a fight between Vasort and Maga since Maga is trying to break the cartel. That was Vasort's response. At least that's the gist I get of the situation from the forums.
      MAGA is gonna do what it can. We only have one plot which unfortunately we haven't been able to do enough to bring prices down yet. Some people a lot smarter than us at this plot thing have been giving us advice on how we can make it harder for the Cartel to lock down our plot. Ultimately our main goal right now is to at least get them to drop prices on a single building type which we haven't been able to do successfully yet.

We are doing an open vote right now though for our next building type that we'll swap to tomorrow of either Imbuer, Forge or Fletcher so people can get some gear crafted for reset day. Unfortunately this is the best we can do right now, hopefully more people will help us in bidding in the next auction so we can secure more than a single plot.

It's an open community vote so if you wanna vote for a specific building we're keeping it open until 3UTC (11PM EST) tonight: discord.gg/pSddgF4
    • Player112 wrote:

Is it not possible to craft in the royal cities and then take the goods to caerleon? I have just tested a route using a donkey and haven't encountered any problems.
      If you survived with a donkey that just meant you encountered no gankers. And if a route becomes popular that is no longer going to hold true. Also gankers in my experience are not that common. However you need to succeed multiple times on traveling to actually make profit vs a single death.
    • Vindrax wrote:

Dc1a0 wrote:

According to another thread, it's due to a fight between Vasort and Maga since Maga is trying to break the cartel. That was Vasort's response. At least that's the gist I get of the situation from the forums.
      MAGA is gonna do what it can. We only have one plot which unfortunately we haven't been able to do enough to bring prices down yet. Some people a lot smarter than us at this plot thing have been giving us advice on how we can make it harder for the Cartel to lock down our plot. Ultimately our main goal right now is to at least get them to drop prices on a single building type which we haven't been able to do successfully yet.
      We are doing an open vote right now though for our next building type that we'll swap to tomorrow of either Imbuer, Forge or Fletcher so people can get some gear crafted for reset day. Unfortunately this is the best we can do right now, hopefully more people will help us in bidding in the next auction so we can secure more than a single plot.

It's an open community vote so if you wanna vote for a specific building we're keeping it open until 3UTC (11PM EST) tonight: discord.gg/pSddgF4
      I didn't figure my vote would count for much seeing as my character, (I keep myself here and my character in-game separate,) Is only now starting to venture out of blue zones and has only been to Caerleon once, naked, at this point. So, I'm not convinced my vote would be all that useful to you at this point. Without much experience about how things are like, I'm afraid my vote could only skew your data, possibly in the wrong direction and I wouldn't want to do that to your effort because I respect what you're trying to do.
    • Albion is a great PvP game.
      When I say PvP I don't mean only hitting the other with that weapon, I mean fighting other players.
      City Building Ownership also implies PvP.
      Some players want to keep their building and make profit, some don't want. They fight each other.
      Now you still have other possibilities:
      - a personal island (less return but less cost)
      - another city (even extra return)
      - a city plot (extra returns too)

If you want to change that: take part in that PvP, try to attack buildings at the next auction.
      The mechanic has just been changed and it's way easier to take a building now.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

I didn't figure my vote would count for much seeing as my character, (I keep myself here and my character in-game separate,) Is only now starting to venture out of blue zones and has only been to Caerleon once, naked, at this point. So, I'm not convinced my vote would be all that useful to you at this point. Without much experience about how things are like, I'm afraid my vote could only skew your data, possibly in the wrong direction and I wouldn't want to do that to your effort because I respect what you're trying to do.
      Makes sense bud, I can appreciate that. Hopefully we'll have you out here in Caerleon one day, outside of the plot taxes it's a great city!
    • phantomxz wrote:

Player112 wrote:

If you survived with a donkey that just meant you encountered no gankers. And if a route becomes popular that is no longer going to hold true. Also gankers in my experience are not that common. However you need to succeed multiple times on traveling to actually make profit vs a single death.
      I drove resources and sets from Carleon to other cities and vice versa during the year and never died. Most of the time I drove resources on a ox.