Carleon Cartel: Let's drain the swamp

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Carleon Cartel: Let's drain the swamp

I want to preface this by saying our guild never intended to get involved with anything related to crafting plots. But after two months of extortionist prices in Caerleon through a widespread price fixing scheme, our guild voted to invest significant silver in fighting back against this predatory pricing. And in a true sense of trying to live up to our guild name... Make Albion Great Again.

We don't plan to make any profits, in fact we know we are going to lose significant silver in this venture. However, our goal is is to give back to the Albion community and especially to those newer players and smaller guilds who may be without other options. Any money we do make of fees on our station will be reinvested into sustaining low prices for as long as we reasonably can.

Currently we were able to purchase one plot and we have built a Chef that we are going to drop the current 100%+ tax rates on chef's down to below 29% which we're setting as our starting price. If you'd like to help support us in keeping prices low, please utilize our shop listed as MAGAguild seen here:

Then... while we haven't picked the exact time frame, but after roughly a week, we will allow for some form of community vote for what type of building we should put up next. For refining stations we're going to try out 9% tax and for crafting (tools/fletcher/etc.) 14%. Our goal would be that for those people who have lots of materials saved up that we get our plot to the type of station you need so you can craft at a low cost. And then we'll take it from there.

We bid on multiple plots and unfortunately were not able to win any of them. For full transparency we purchased our current plot for 325M, to put it in perspective of how much we're investing. Hopefully we'll be able to offer more than one station after the next round of bidding. We plan on being fairly relentless.

We hope you'll join us in helping fight back. And together we can, Make Albion Great Again!
    • If someone purchased a plot for 325M, I won't even think 150% taxes is too high. Assuming you plan to bid half of that to defend your plot, you have to make nearly 170M profit in a month to sustain it. Even with 150% taxes, I doubt one single food plot can make that much profit.

Although, it's honorable that you decide to give back to the people

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hastix ().

• Hastix wrote:

If someone purchased a plot for 325M, I won't even think 150% taxes is too high. Assuming you plan to bid half of that to defend your plot, you have to make nearly 170M profit in a month to sustain it. Even with 150% taxes, I doubt one single food plot can make that much profit.

iirc VOC had a warrior forge (couple months ago?) at 7% tax, and he made ~150m that month

Edit: My bad, it was 15%:

Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/80/75 Holy Specs
    • Piddle wrote:

The other plot owners are going to suck you dry on nutrition. Your tax is below the nutrition costs. You are actually subsidizing the other plot owners at this price point.
      Is 42% a reasonable amount? We are trying to do it for basically close to cost of the food. But if we're getting capacity locked at a loss by the other plot owners that's just not going to do what we're trying to do
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Hastix wrote:

If someone purchased a plot for 325M, I won't even think 150% taxes is too high. Assuming you plan to bid half of that to defend your plot, you have to make nearly 170M profit in a month to sustain it. Even with 150% taxes, I doubt one single food plot can make that much profit.

iirc VOC had a warrior forge (couple months ago?) at 7% tax, and he made ~150m that month
      Edit: My bad, it was 15%:

I think a warrior's forge earns more money than a chef by how many warrior's forge are in a city compared to chefs. There are always more warrior's forge in most cities than chefs, which leads me to think a chef is less profitable. Secondly, earned silver is revenue and not profit. Profit will have to take into account costs such as food cost, building durability, building construction, and most importantly cost of the city plot. Third, there is something called economic profit which takes into account time. Suppose a person operated a city plot with a revenue of 150M and costs of 120M, their profit would be 30M. However, if they spent 30 hours managing the city plot and they could earn 1M per hour gathering resources, they essentially made an economic profit of 0M. They could either spent 30 hours on managing the city plot for 30M or gathered for 30M, making the profit difference between them zero. Making a profit is hard, making an economic profit is even harder.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hastix ().

• Fusionbomb wrote:

Player112 wrote:

The rent was what?
      I think he managed to snag it for <10m
      Edit: I'm finding a few different screenshots, but cant find the post I was thinking of. It was between 8-60m tho lmao.
      It was 45M, i dont think monopoly holders will let that happen again tho.

Also for that month the monopoly holders let him have it at 15% and continued to hold 30%+ for the month, his plot sat at 0-5% crafting capacity so overflow went to the plots at 30%+
      If he wanted to hold the plot for another month he would of had to pay 100-200M and the monopoly holders wouldn't of let him have the lowest tax and 100% utilization again, so the next months revenue would of been very different.

I think he sold at the next auction for 99M.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

I think he managed to snag it for <10m

PhatMerchant wrote:

It was 45M

PhatMerchant wrote:

I think he sold at the next auction for 99M.

Sounds like a lot of BS numbers floating around. Unless there are officially confirmed/recorded numbers, I would treat these as unreliable.

What is reliably known is clowns trying to sell royal city plots for 100m+. My estimate is that those are incapable of producing a return matching or exceed the rent.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().

• Fusionbomb wrote:

he did it more than once... the numbers aren't BS

I am just not remembering which was most recent
      Maybe you can do one for us to see. Then we can see what really is happening. Second hand information is generally not too useful.

There is also the question of why the previous renter let it go cheap when the plot has a profit potential so much greater than the asking price?

There is further question of why he sold out for 99 when he could make another 150? What caused him to lose confidence?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Player112 ().

• Vindrax wrote:

Piddle wrote:

The other plot owners are going to suck you dry on nutrition. Your tax is below the nutrition costs. You are actually subsidizing the other plot owners at this price point.
      Is 42% a reasonable amount? We are trying to do it for basically close to cost of the food. But if we're getting capacity locked at a loss by the other plot owners that's just not going to do what we're trying to do
      You should do the math yourself, because my memory can't be trusted. Just mark down the nutrition and clear your silver. Then come back in a bit and divide the silver you earned by the nutrition you used to get your sil./nutrition income. This is your nutrition income. Then divide the cost of a goose pie by 612. This is your nutrition cost.

I think the break even is in the 60's-70's% range for cooks now.
      Discord: Piddle#7413