Carleon Cartel: Let's drain the swamp

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hiya stormlord, white knight of Albion here :)

I'm done.

You do know your cornering a tiny market and fucking everyone else over right? if all was well the market of ALL cities would be nicely inflated and gear would players would be bangin all day long.

a list of thoughts in no particular order.

- No heroes in the city plot game.

- Buff islands - these plebs are a lost cause and they take up valuable SBI resources countering their massive resource/silver/gold stockpiles. entire alliances funneling resources to block each other out and effing everyone else along the way.

- don't get me wrong I like some of you but to say you are the good guys by the contrast in a broken mechanic called city plots, (any of you) is ludacris.

- IF MAGA succeeds, how long before they either A - get crushed or B- become the next crusher *Coughs* Saya *Coughs*

- Love the content, not a huge fan of the common business tactic of plausible deniability that is currently f&cking the Albion community and stifling new blood in the trade playstyle and I wouldn't be the white knight of Albion if I didn't call this stuff out.

- I'm a drop out bartender and I called your shit a mile away.

- Anyone who can do a budget must need to turn away from their screens to stop their eyes from bleeding for the BS that is CP prices.

final thoughts

what do you plan to do with all that gold? glorious battles in t8.3 armor, funding legions of gvgers to unleash chaos across the outlands?

no. you just stockpile, burnout then leave.

MAGA - you cannot do this half assed - take the city and then take the plots so you cannot be screwed by either side. because the mafia will do so.

Storm's Discord - discord.gg/7U5Gm4P

My referral - albiononline.com/?ref=CSBTZSDQTP
    • Stormlord wrote:

- IF MAGA succeeds, how long before they either A - get crushed or B- become the next crusher *Coughs* Saya *Coughs*

MAGA - you cannot do this half assed - take the city and then take the plots so you cannot be screwed by either side. because the mafia will do so.
      Speaking from the MAGA perspective, we're not trying to set up the next cartel.. we have no incentive to become that which we hate. The plan is just to try to break the monopoly currently screwing EVERYONE over in Caerleon. We have lots of crafters in our guild that are just getting screwed by these prices. I mean this cartel is laughable that they give their "friends" associate rates in the 70% range.

If we had the capability to reasonably take Caerleon obviously it would make sense to do that, but as much love/faith I have in this guild, we're nowhere near capable of that. So we are doing the best that we can as just our guild. It's why we need other people getting involved and bidding to take plots. We can't systemically change the system ourselves, but my hope is that enough people do fight back we can do it together.

Will another Cartel rise up to take it's place in the future? Probably. But I'll take whatever wins we can get in keeping prices down for as long as we can reasonably do so as a sane community. I can also assure you, should another extortionist cartel take hold, MAGA will not be a part of it. And you can screenshot this post and hold it over us should that ever happen. We're not here to become extortionists.
    • Adrivan wrote:

Piddle wrote:

The other plot owners are going to suck you dry on nutrition. Your tax is below the nutrition costs. You are actually subsidizing the other plot owners at this price point.
      He's losing money at 29%? There were 2 tanning stations in Martlock for quite some time that had 5% tax, were they also losing money? If yes, why the hell would they do that.
      Nutrition costs to use stations doesn't scale the same way for all stations.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

Adrivan wrote:

Piddle wrote:

The other plot owners are going to suck you dry on nutrition. Your tax is below the nutrition costs. You are actually subsidizing the other plot owners at this price point.
      He's losing money at 29%? There were 2 tanning stations in Martlock for quite some time that had 5% tax, were they also losing money? If yes, why the hell would they do that.
      Nutrition costs to use stations doesn't scale the same way for all stations.
      Is there any data on what is the minimum tax to turn a profit for each station type?
    • Adrivan wrote:

Is there any data on what is the minimum tax to turn a profit for each station type?
      There isn't really a good source. And honestly, because of peoples mental accounting differences, you can't really trust a lot of it. A lot of it is publicly available information from the game and you can figure it out by building a station on your island and playing with it, while watching the various numbers and how they change. The harder part is estimating bids and non-owner usage volume.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • New

Adrivan wrote:

MadSkillzDLR wrote:

this is getting out of control... 200% do refine wood lol.
      Yea but I assume you also sell the planks more expensive at the auction house compared to other cities.
      I haven't done the math because I'm not in game but I actually can't imagine that at 200% it would actually be profitable to refine in the city versus a private island at that point. And almost certainly it would not be more profitable than crafting on an island using focus than in the city. I believe the 200% taxes are just one last cash grab by the cartel before they try to get out of the market.

I'm going to just strongly encourage everyone do the math before crafting. Even though MAGA is trying to dismantle the cartel, aside from using our station when possible... I'm not going to encourage you to craft against your own best interests. So if that means using a Cartel shop over a private island, go for it. But do the math. I did this math as an example I have pinned in our discord because new players consistently did not understand resource return/tax. I suggest everyone crafting do similar math if you are crafting bulk items. This is for an alchemist at 59% prior to Cartel price hikes: