Carleon Cartel: Let's drain the swamp

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Instead of looking for other useless interviews, I as the leader of cartels giving you (to a miserable citizen player) the chance of asking me live face to face questions. Even though I am retired, It is funny to seeing you all fake heros crying. SPOILER ALERT! If you reveal my unpleasant side then I would make it impossible for everyone to buy a shop in carleon, earn silvers from the shops and finally you all would find yourselves gathering together everyday meetings as weak citizen players to find a solution :)
    • Vasort wrote:

Instead of looking for other useless interviews, I as the leader of cartels giving you (to a miserable citizen player) the chance of asking me live face to face questions. Even though I am retired, It is funny to seeing you all fake heros crying. SPOILER ALERT! If you reveal my unpleasant side then I would make it impossible for everyone to buy a shop in carleon, earn silvers from the shops and finally you all would find yourselves gathering together everyday meetings as weak citizen players to find a solution :)
      Huh ?
    • Vasort wrote:

Instead of looking for other useless interviews, I as the leader of cartels giving you (to a miserable citizen player) the chance of asking me live face to face questions. Even though I am retired, It is funny to seeing you all fake heros crying. SPOILER ALERT! If you reveal my unpleasant side then I would make it impossible for everyone to buy a shop in carleon, earn silvers from the shops and finally you all would find yourselves gathering together everyday meetings as weak citizen players to find a solution :)
      I want to see that. Do it!
    • Vasort wrote:

I don't think we need to try to reveal your unpleasant side... I think you just did it...
    • phantomxz wrote:

I may not agree with these people but calling them trying to make money is a bit silly. I would expect people trying to pull that to have done their research.
      As for the other side why not just do the current interview? What do you have to lose?
      Two months ago , when Vasort created the Cartel he gave an interview to Bogul and Shozen who were very friendly with him where they together discussed how a Cartel would benefit the community.

While Bogul and Shozen were editing the video, Vasort gave a preface to its release on the forums.

I pre-emptively responded and made a one hour video voicing my position and concerns clearly (youtube.com/watch?v=ozGlCp97Bi8)

Vasort indicated that his interview with Bogul/Shozen was going to make his position clear with the community, but it was never released.

I believe that original interview was never released, because on retrospect Bogul and Shozen did not want to be associated with the Creation of the Cartel.

I do not think that Bogul and Shozen correctly gauged the community's distaste for such a monopoly.

In point of fact there were a number of posts where Bogul especially was Impressed and Prideful for what Vasort was able to "Accomplish".

I personally do not see the Monoploy of Caerleon and the Price Gouging of the Cartel to be something that anyone should be impressed with... It is not an Accomplishment to be proud of from my perspective...

From my perspective, it is an indication of lazy game design elements that have cleverly been exploited.

I do not like the slow pace of change and response from the developers as these Cartels and Monopolies have spread throughout the Royal Cities.

I believe the community should have more frequent opportunities than a monthly auction cycle to arrest control from the Cartels.

I call on Bogul and Shozen to release the original two month old interview IN FULL without editing of their discussion with Vasort on the establishment and original intent of the Caerleon Cartel.

They owe this transparent release of information to the Community.

VOC
    • Bogul wrote:

VOC wrote:

@Bogul

Release the June 3, 2019 interview in full (NO CUTS) that you conducted with Vasort... Be transparent with the Community about his intentions

(...)
      • stop tagging me in your personal egomanic propaganda war
      • we're not releasing any interviews without consent
      • please stop making accusations you know not to be true

This is not personal, you are the one who represents himself as some mouthpiece of the Albion community, in that role you carved out for yourself you conducted a formal interview with Vasort about his Cartel ambitions on June 3rd to be posted on your mouthpiece outlet for Albion.

Surely you had Vasort's implicit and explicit consent for such an interview as he willingly and actively participated in it at length and it was fun for you as you stated.

I have made no accusations I know to be untrue... do not try to dismiss my transparency as accusations... I am the only one FULLY transparent in this dispute.

Vasort and You decided to not post the interview after the fact when on June 5th i posted my youtube video exposing the propaganda initiative that you Unknowingly or Knowingly were becoming a part of (youtube.com/watch?v=ozGlCp97Bi8)

You called me out in your response to that video on these forums and were highly critical of my position (Fair is Fair)

Now @Bogul I again call you out to stand transparently and release the interview you clearly had consent to make on June 3rd 2019.

I will not be silenced by you.

VOC

The post was edited 1 time, last by VOC ().

• PVP Economy.

The cartel is right, "no one wants to make money".

If you go under 10% tax you will lose money.
      There will be nutrition + reparation margin,
      and the profit will be too low.

The cartel knows that and will screw you with that. (Remember ToolsMaker 7%)
      By doing that cartel will lose money too. They don't like that.
      To make an entire cartel to go under 10% is a victory.
      (you lose money just with 1 plot but they lose with 14 plots,
      and they will try to negate the damage you do to them,
      just to sacare you)

And if try to make your victory public or ask for help
      they will start to trow all the shit around.

" The cartel hates Heroes. "

For a healthy economy, we need Heroes.
      People who will keep cartel under attack, bid-ing every month.
      If no-one bids against them, they will keep a large amount of money.
      They have pockets full of silver and gold.

But they know their wealth is vulnerable if more people turn against them.

Cartel influence extends beyond city plots.
      They make some deals with Money guilds - oops.
      Black zone home plots are the biggest threat to their profit.
      If people can go safely trough black zone and craft/refine
      ...etc, that will be insanely bad for them.

Now with MAGA, a lot of drama will be around.

Guide to fight against cartel
      (If you don't want to get in mouse trap)

1. Craft on your own island
      (the diference between 80-130% tax and no return rate
      is very small) A small price to be a Hero.

2. Always do the math and don't trust big mouth.
      People will always manage influence for their own benefit.

3. Help those guys. Anti-Gankers

4. Don't trasport to Caerleon
      raw or rafined materials.
      Just weapon, potion...etc

5. Bid agaist them. Not just in Caerleon
      Do that in Royal City too.
      Some plots sells for nothig.
      I see some 37k silver bid.
      Seriously?
    • VOC wrote:

Bogul wrote:

• We do not release interviews when the interviewed person withholds permission to do so.
      • Generally, we offer the option to listen back to an interview after we conducted it and prior to its release. And in this case Vasort did not approve it to be released.

Lame Excuse
      It is however true. We will be publishing a pretty in depth article this week about the cartel. But you do not need to keep going at Bogul if he told people one thing and did another he would be instantly alienated from the entire community and unable to do his job.